在你去之前罗斯林算好的吗
Was Roslyn any good before you?
请问是尤宁代尔的冠军制品吗
Hi, is this Champion Products in Uniondale?
-是的 -你好 我叫蕾切尔
– Yes, it is. – Hi, my name is Rachel.
我想向您咨♥询♥几笔开销
I was just hoping to ask you about a series of charges.
好的 谢谢你的查证 菲利斯
Okay, yes, yes. Thank you for verifying, Felice.
你帮了很大的忙
You’ve been a huge help.
-好的 -谢谢 再见
– Yeah. – Thank you, bye-bye.
没错
That’s right.
我可以等
Yeah, I can hold.
这里是贝尔莫尔精品汽车 我是霍华德
Bellmore Fine Auto, this is Howard.
抱歉 贝尔莫尔精品汽车
I’m sorry. Bellmore Fine Auto?
我看这个号♥码登记的是HG咨♥询♥公♥司♥
I had this number listed as an H. G. Consulting.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
没事 我只是累了
Oh, nothing, I’m just, just tired.
发♥票♥给我吧
I’ll take those invoices.
下一个是言辞力量科技公♥司♥
Next up is WordPower Tech.
他们给学区开了八十万美元的发♥票♥
Now, they billed the school district $800,000
但没人知道他们是谁
but no one has any idea who they are.
而且他们一直如此
And they’re consistent.
过去十年里他们年年都开♥发♥票
They’ve billed every year for the past ten.
这家登记在托马斯·提吉罗名下
Yeah, the company’s registered to Thomas Tuggiero
位于曼哈顿的公♥司♥
with an address in Manhattan.
我试着打过去 但号♥码已经停用了
I tried calling but the number is disconnected.
托马斯·提吉罗
公园大道5575号♥1607室
纽约州纽约市
这个现在先打个问号♥
We’re gonna leave that one a question mark for right now
因为下一个是波尔多办公用品
because the next one I’ve got is Porto Office Supplies.
我找不到任何…
Now, I can’t find any…
纽约 B站台
怎么 你忘带钥匙了吗
What, did you forget your key?
你好
Hello.
有什么事吗
Can I help you with something?
这里是不是
Is this…

I’m…
我在做民♥意♥调查
I’m canvassing.
为谁做
For who?
是…
It’s…
我找错公♥寓♥了
I’m, I have the wrong apartment.
你回来了
You’re back.
我回来了 谢谢
I’m back. Hey, thanks.
晚餐吃什么
Hey, what’s for dinner?
三文鱼
Salmon.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
只是工作的事 抱歉
Oh, it’s just work. Sorry.
三文鱼有点柴
The salmon’s a little dry.
很好吃
It’s great.
我能看出你在撒谎
I can tell when you’re lying.
可能是有点柴
A little dry, maybe.
但粗麦粉真是绝味
The couscous, though, is a small masterpiece.
谢谢夸奖
Oh, well, thank you very much.
在奥马哈如何
How was Omaha?
无聊 无聊透顶
Dull. Dull as all hell.
于是
So…
我夹在道格和乔之间
So I’m sitting there sandwiched between Doug and Joe
会议中心没开空调
and there’s no A/C in the conference center
你能想象得到那股臭味
so you can imagine the smell while they…
天啊
Oh, God.
他们花几个小时聊理工科项目和国家补助
…talked for hours about STEM programs and state aid.
那真是
It was, oh, yeah.
-那真是糟透了 -听起来像个噩梦
– It was, it was a riot. – Oh, sounds like a nightmare.
或许下次我该一起去
Maybe I’ll come along next time.
给你挡一挡
As a buffer.
我绝不会让你去受那种罪
I would never subject you to that.
你有佐证的文件吗
Okay, you have documents to back this up?
多年来给供应商的付款记录
Years’ worth of supposed payments to vendors
和供应商未收到钱的证明
and confirmation they were never received.
这里面有的公♥司♥甚至不存在
Some of these companies, they don’t even exist.
你不能确定这点
Well, no, you don’t know that.
我的意思是你确定吗
I mean, you know that for sure, right?
言辞力量科技公♥司♥
WordPower Tech.
他们给学区开过近百万美元的发♥票♥
They’ve billed the district almost a million dollars
但没人知道它
and no one knows anything.
-因为它并不存在 -好吧
– Because it isn’t anything. – Okay.
那是上东区的一间私人公♥寓♥
It is a private apartment on the upper East Side.
-是 但那不能 -我们的主管
– Yes, but that doesn’t… – And our superintendent
-有那里的钥匙 -完全证明公♥司♥是假的
– has the key. – …necessarily mean that it’s fake.
承认吧 尼克 你明白的
Come on, Nick, you know what this is.
如果他没有举报 那就是诈骗
If he hasn’t reported this, it’s fraud.
他在写我的大学推荐信
He’s writing my college recommendation letter.
操 操 操♥他♥妈♥的
Fuck, fuck, god damn it.
我们现在在说什么啊
What are we even talking about right now?
你确定吗 你百分百确定
Are you sure? Are you sure, sure, sure
要这么做吗
you actually wanna do this?
预算调查揭露重大渎职嫌疑
我可以坐这儿吗
Mind if I join you?
千万别让你的医生发现
Don’t ever let a doctor find out
你胆固醇过高 蕾切尔
you have high cholesterol, Rachel.
他们会逼你做很可怕的事情
They’ll make you do the most horrible things.
那么
So.
关于昨天
About yesterday.
-那是 -你在那干什么
– That was… – What were you doing there?
我没有生气
I’m not upset.
但你一定要实话实说
But it is very important that you be honest.
我在调查学校承包商的
I was following up on the listed address
登记地址
for a school contractor.
你为什么要做这些
Why were you doing that?
那是公开记录 任何人都可以花时间
It’s public record. Anyone could take the time…
我没问你那是不是公开记录
I didn’t ask you if it was public record.
我问你为什么
I… I just asked you why.
是为了我在写的文章
It’s for something I’m writing.
我觉得你很有潜力
I think you have real potential.
-塔索内博士 -不 我是认真的
– Dr. Tassone… – No, I’m serious.
我读过你所有的报道
I, I read all your bylines.
你比去年九月进步了很多
You’ve come such a long way since past September.
你的自信和强大的能力
Your confidence, strength of ability.
-谢谢 -你的前途非常光明
– Thank you. – No, you have a tremendous future ahead of you,
真的 蕾切尔
Rachel, you do.
但是
But…
你还是太年轻
You’re still young, too.
这也是为什么你要知道 我是认真的
Which is why you need to know, and I mean this,
如果你公开了
if you go public…
一些你不完全了解的事情
with something you don’t fully understand,
你会自食其果的
it’ll, it’ll come back on you hard.
我不知道
I don’t know, I…
我想这主要是我们的错
I guess it’s our fault, mainly.
我们试图创造一个安全的环境 让学生们
We try to create a safe environment for students to…
去挑战 冒险 犯错 成长
challenge, take risks, make mistakes, grow.
但如果你犯了这个错误
But this mistake, if you make it,
我们无法保护你
we will not be able to protect you.
我不行 你的老师们不行 因为这会改变一切
Not me, not your teachers. Because it’ll change everything.
很多无辜的人会受到伤害
And a lot of innocent people will get hurt.
明白吗
Right?
我的意思是 这些调查
I mean, these kinds of inquiries
就像引爆一枚手榴弹
are, are… are like setting off a grenade.
疯狂追求真♥相♥会造成后果
There’s fallout in the pursuit. In the frenzy.
会殃及池鱼
There’s collateral damage.
对吧
Right…
你一定清楚这些
You must know all about that.
虽然不完美 但有成效
It’s not perfect, but it works.
我们现有的制度很有成效
What we have here works.
我希望我们能保持下去
I hope we can keep it that way.
我们来看看这个 蕾切尔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!