不过我会的
Kind of hoping it’s a phase that’ll pass,
我本来希望这件事自然结束…
Like the others.
就像以前那些一样
I am so sick of these damn clocks.
我对这些钟的忍耐 已经到了极限
I’ve already given half them away.
我已经把一半的钟送人了
Perhaps we should sell them.
也许我们该把它们卖掉
Sell them? Well, it’s an idea.
卖掉 不过是个提议罢了
Well, who gets the money?
那赚的钱给谁
Well, I imagine we will.
应该是我们吧
But Andrew does all the work.
但那些都是安德鲁做的
Yes, but Andrew’s our. Then Andrew should get the money.
但安德鲁是我们的… 那钱应该给安德鲁
Andrew is a robot.
安德鲁是机器人
What conceivable use would a robot have for money?
机器人拿钱干嘛
Robots don’t go shopping. Robots don’t go on vacations.
机器人不买东西 也不渡假
Robots don’t eat dinners in fancy restaurants.
也不去高级餐厅吃晚餐
I can’t believe we’re having this discussion.
我不敢相信 我们居然在讨论这件事
Dad, it doesn’t matter what he is.
爸 他是什么无所谓
Andrew deserves to benefit from the work he does.
安德鲁的辛苦应该得到回报
Sweetheart,
亲爱的…
I will do what’s right for Andrew.
我当然会为安德鲁着想
Of course I will.
我当然会的
But at the end of the day we are talking about a machine,
但是 他毕竟只是个机器人
and you can’t invest your emotions in a machine.
你不能对机器人投注太多感情
Can I get you anything? No, thank you.
还需要什么吗 不用了
There you are. How are ya? Bill, good morning.
你终于来了 你好吗 比尔 早安
This must be Andrew.
这一定是安德鲁
Andrew, Bill Feingold, family lawyer.
他是比尔凡哥 我们的律师
Andrew. You own one of my clocks.
安德鲁 这个钟是在下做的
This is one of my favorites. Do you enjoy it?
这是在下最得意的作品之一 你喜欢它吗
Uh, yes, I do, very much.
我非常喜欢
I like the new office, Bill. What floor are we on here?
我喜欢你的新办公室 这是几楼
Thirty seven.
37楼
Andrew, come and have a look at this.
安德鲁 过来看看
No, thank you, sir.
不了 谢谢主人
You sure? No.
你确定 不要
How can I help you?
有什么事吗
As you know, Andrew’s earned a great deal of money from his endeavors,
比尔 你知道 安德鲁的作品赚了不少钱
and what he really wants to do is open his own bank account.
其实他想要开个银行帐户
A bank account in the name of a robot? Mmm. Would that be legal?
帮机器人开帐户 这样合法吗
I couldn’t say. There are no precedents.
很难讲 这件事情没有先例可寻
I don’t think there’s a law against it, but, uh
我想法律应该不会禁止 但是…
Richard, why why do you want to give him a bank account?
你为什么要帮他开户
What’s he need money for?
他要钱干嘛
To pay for things, of course, which otherwise Sir would have to pay for.
当然是要付帐单啰 不然就要由先生来付
One would like to pull one’s own.
在下想自食其力
Wait.
等一下
For what, sir?
为什么 主人
Andrew. Yes, Little Miss?
安德鲁 什么事 二小姐
Oh. Oh, I’m so sorry.
我真的很抱歉
Not to worry. It can be repaired.
别担心 可以修复
Left.
左边
Andrew, remember Frank, my boyfriend?
你还记得我的男朋友法兰克
Yes, the one your sister says has a nice ass.
记得 你姐姐说他屁股很翘
Last night…
昨晚…
last night he asked me to marry him.
昨晚 他向我求婚了
One gathers that is a good thing.
这应该是件好事
Well, I haven’t said “yes” yet.
我还没有答应
So there is doubt.
你还不确定
No. Frank is wonderful.
法兰克真的很好
He’s handsome. He’s reliable.
他英俊 可靠
He’s somebody I could spend the rest of my life with. I could have children with him.
是那种可以共度余生 结婚生子的人
Then what is the problem?
那问题出在哪里
Board?
木头
No, not at all.
不 他不是木头人
Not him there.
不是说他 是这个
Well, I have this friend…
我有个朋友…
that’s very special to me.
他对我意义重大
He’s just so sweet and funny,
他甜蜜又风趣…
and whenever I’m with him…
我和他在一起的时候
I don’t want to be with Frank.
就会忘了法兰克
One can see that would create a complication.
这样麻烦就大了
Yes.
是的
But the answer’s staring you in the face.
答案再明显不过了
Marry your friend.
嫁给你朋友吧
What?
怎么样?
Well, he’s not…
他不是…
I mean, h he
我是说 他…
A relationship between us would be impossible, really.
我们之间是不可能的
It could never work out.
绝对行不通
Why?
为什么?
Well, because he’s not
因为他不是…
Because he he’ll never be…
因为他永远不会…
Yes?
怎么样?
Is something wrong?
什么地方不对劲?
No.
没有
Nothing’s wrong, nothing at all.
没有不对劲 根本没事
Thank you for listening to me.
谢谢你听我说话
One is glad to be of service.
我很乐意为你服务
Little Miss,
二小姐
what will you do about Frank?
法兰克怎么办?
Accept his proposal.
我会答应他的求婚
Really?
真的吗
Humans.
人类啊
Andrew, Yes?
安德鲁 什么事
It would mean so much to me if you would be an usher at my wedding.
如果你能够在我的婚礼上 担任招待的话就太好了
One is unfamiliar with this term. How does one “ush”?
在下没听过这个字 那是什么意思
You help people to their seats. You wear a tuxedo.
你要穿上燕尾服 带宾客就座
One would wear clothing?
要在下穿衣服
Yes.
是的
One has never been asked to wear clothing.
从来没有人叫在下穿衣服过
It would be an honor.
这是在下的荣幸
Great.
好极了
One still is all thumbs.
在下还是笨手笨脚的
Installed what?
加装什么
Um, an alarm.
警报器
If you try to enter Andrew’s brain while you’re making this repair,
如果你们在维修的时候 胆敢乱动安德鲁的脑部…
the police will be alerted.
警察就会知道
Also, you should probably know that…
我还要提醒你…
if you actually injure Andrew’s brain or positronic pathways in anyway,
如果你们伤到安德鲁的脑部 或神经回路…
my lawyer, the good Mr. Feingold, will be happy to sue you.
我的律师凡哥先生 会很乐意控告你们的
He will sue you for the lost value of Andrew’s income until the end of time.
他会要你们赔偿安德鲁的工作损失 直到时间尽头
Well, I think we understand each other.
我们已经达成共识了
Good.
很好
Sir, one more item of business.
在下还有一个要求
As long is one is in the shop, can you do work on one’s face?
在维修的时候 能不能顺便整容
One wishes to have more expression.
在下希望表情能够丰富点
One has thoughts and feelings that presently do not show.
在下的脸部现在无法表达 在下的感情和思绪
You want your thoughts and feelings to show on your face?
你希望能用表情来表达 你的感情和思绪
Yes, like the contempt that you are showing me right now.
是的 就像你现在脸上那种 瞧不起在下的表情一样
Well, we have done some experimentation.
我们的确做过一些实验
We are able to give robots superficial responses…
我们的确能够让机器人拥有…
which mimic human expression.
模仿人类表情的功能
One has read that there have been NDR upgrades. Yes, yes.
在下在NDR月刊中看过 没错
We’ve worked up a dozen experimental models with…
没错 我们做了一系列的 实验机器人…
expression capabilities, sleeker body types.
不仅有表情 而且体形也更加美观
We ran some market surveys and decided not to go ahead with the line.
但是在经过市调后决定不上市
Why not?
为什么
Negative consumer reaction.
消费者反应不良
There’s a growing fear that robots will continue to make…
人们越来越担心…
the human work force obsolete.
机器人会完全取代人力
Andrew has worked for me for over 15 years.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!