开一家自己的店需要什么条件?
What’ll it take to open a shop of your own?
我应该考虑2000比塞塔。
I should think about 2,000 pesetas.
你在做生意。
You’re in business.
你的意思是……哦,非常感谢。谢谢你!
You mean… Oh, thank you very much. Thank you.
-是结婚礼物。-谢谢。
– It’s a wedding present. – Thank you.
-我希望是个男孩——是的。
– And I hope it’s a boy. – Yes.
朋友!朋友!大家站起来。
Amigos! Amigos! Step up, everybody.
靠近点。
Come up close.
朋友们,我要宣布一件重要的事。
Amigos, I have an important announcement to make.
我妹妹和安东尼奥·洛佩兹的婚礼…
The marriage of my sister encarnacion to Antonio Lopez…
这将会尽快进行。
Which will take place as soon as possible.
为了纪念这个伟大的时刻,我想给你一些我从马德里带来的礼物。
In honor of this great occasion, I wish to present you with a few gifts that I brought you from Madrid.
洛伦佐·罗德里格斯。安吉丽娜马科斯。
Lorenzo Rodriguez. Angelina Marcos.
卡洛斯。
Carlos.
马特奥。
Mateo.
埃琳娜。费尔南多。
Elena. Fernando.
Ennque。
Ennque.
不,不。不是那个。
No, no. Not that one.
这是给谁的,juanillo?
Who’s this one for, juanillo?
这是个秘密。这是给刚才不在这里的人的。
It’s a secret. It’s for someone who isn’t here just now.
Hermano。
Hermano.
对不起,最近我的情况很糟。
Excuse me, but things have been going rather badly with me lately.
-我想也许你能帮点忙。——Garabato。
– I thought maybe you could help a little. – Garabato.
是的,很遗憾我还活着。
Yes, I regret to say I am still alive.
但我以为你退休了,去乡下买♥♥了个牧场。
But I thought you’d retired and gone to the country and bought a ranch.
哦,不,不。
Oh, no, no.
不,我一进场就离开了,没有比塞塔。
No, I left the ring just as I came into it, without a peseta.
哦,太谢谢你了。
Oh, thank you so much.
哦,谢谢。这将…哦!胡安·盖拉多!
Oh, thank you. This will… Oh! Juan gallardo!
你最近一切都很顺利,不是吗?
Things have been going great for you lately, haven’t they?
是的,我度过了一个不错的赛季。我期待更好的工作。
Yes, I had a good season. I look foward to a better one.
哦,那很好。
Oh, that is good.
-我想你的cuadrilla…-现在已经满了。
– I suppose your cuadrilla… – It’s full upjust now.
哦。好吧,我有很多经验。
Oh. Oh, well, I’ve had a lot of experience.
我大半辈子都在斗牛场度过。
I’ve spent most of my life in the bull ring.
我知道所有的批评者。
I know all the critics.
也许你可以找个剑手,或者家里的仆人,什么都行。
Maybe you could use a sword handler, or a servant in the house, anything.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
过来,呃…明天来看我吧。
Come and, uh… Come and see me tomorrow.
谢谢。
Thanks.
晚上好,先生。
Good evening, sefior.
-我能为你做点什么吗?——是的。我要你的乐队。
– Is there anything I can get you? – Yes. I want your band.
-我的乐队?-是的,整个乐队。
– My band? – Yes, the whole band.
Juanmo。
Juanmo.
在从马德里来的火车上,我一直在担心和思考……“也许她等烦了。也许她已经走了。
And all the way on the train from Madrid, I kept worrying and thinking… “Perhaps she’s tired of waiting. Perhaps she’s gone away.
“也许她已经把我忘了。”
“Perhaps she’s even forgotten me.”
哦,你不可能这么想。
Oh, you couldn’t possibly think that.
你知道吗,我甚至认为…你知道我回家后问我妈的第一件事吗?
You know, I even thought… You know the first thing I asked my mother when I got home?
“佩德罗·埃斯皮诺萨(Pedro Espinosa)的小女孩,就是那个腿细脸搞笑的女孩……“她是不是已经结婚了?”

“Pedro Espinosa’s little girl, the one with the skinny legs and the funny face… “Has she, by any chance, gotten married yet?”
哦!
Oh!
我无法释怀。
I can’t get over it.
我从没想过你会长成这样…非常好看。
I never thought that you’d grow up to be so… So very nice to look at.
胡安,你为什么从来不给我写信?
Juan, why did you never write to me?
写什么?嗯,你看……这对你来说可能听起来很傻,但在我给你的第一封信上签名之前,我是不会写信的,“胡安·加拉多,斗牛士德·托罗斯。”
Write? Well, you see… This may sound silly to you, but I didn’t wanna write until I could sign my first letter to you, “Juan gallardo, matador de toros.”
-你还没有选择吗?-不,但我做得还不错。
– You haven’t had your alternativa yet? – No, but I haven’t done badly.
你知道我上一季赚了多少钱吗,除了旅费,租戏服之类的?
Do you know what I cleared last season, over and above traveling expenses, renting costumes and all that?
4000比塞塔。
4,000 pesetas.
– 4000吗?-是的。
– 4,000? – Yeah.
这跟我被认出来之后赚的钱比起来根本不算什么。
And that’s nothing to what I’ll make later on once I’ve been recognized.
当然,我现在也不是完全被忽视了。一点也不。
Of course, I’m not entirely overlooked now, mind you. Not at all.
他们开始发现我是谁了。看看这个。
They’re beginning to find out who I am. Take a look at that.
我的第一个新闻通知,而且是由柯罗自己发出的。
My first press notice, and by curro himself.
很不错,你不觉得吗?
Pretty nice, don’t you think?
你读过吗?
Have you read it?
-当然。-你喜欢吗?
– Of course. – And you like it?
我认为这很棒。
I think it’s wonderful.
-不,读吧。-我读过了。
– No, read it. – I have read it.
-大声朗读。-胡安,我知道你为什么不给我写信。
– Read it aloud. – Juan, I know why you never wrote to me.
那是因为你还没有学会如何写作或阅读。
It’s because you haven’t learned how to write or read.
-就这样吗?-看看上面写了什么。
– Is that it? – Read what it says.
-为什么?我只是…-读!
– What for? I’ve just… – Read it!
“这是一个新来的,一个来自塞维利亚的新手,”用虚假的借口拿钱。
“And here is a newcomer, a flat-footed novillero from sevilla, “taking money under false pretenses.
“他除了愚蠢的兽♥性♥勇气之外,没什么可称赞的,”这让他在斗牛场上的表现更像是自杀而不是战斗”
“He has nothing to recommend him but a certain stupid animal courage, “which makes his work in the ring look more like suicide than battle.”
我们什么时候结婚?
When will we be married?
有更多的。阅读它。
There’s more. Read it.
“他绝对是五流的。”哦,胡安,我们什么时候结婚?
“He is definitely fifth-rate.” Oh, Juan, when will we be married?
阅读剩下的部分。
Read the rest.
“预测他的未来是没有用的。
“It’s useless to predict a future for him.
“他很可能会在擂台上被杀” “远在他从菜鸟变成斗牛士之前”
“He will probably be killed in the ring “long before he advances from novillero to matador.”
好吧,我……我想我回来得有点早了。
Well, I… I guess I came back a little too early.
但很久以前你见过我斗公牛。
But you saw me fight bulls a long time ago.
不是你说的那样。
It’s not like that, what it says.
-没关系。-但这对我很重要!
– It doesn’t matter. – But it matters to me!
胡安尼略,你为什么不把它扔了,忘掉它呢?
Juanillo, why don’t you throw it away and forget all about it?
不,不。我要保存这个。
No, no. I’m gonna save this.
总有一天我会让那家伙收回他说的话。
And someday I’ll make that curro eat his words.
总有一天我会带着一整箱剪报回来找你。
Someday I’ll come back to you with a whole trunkful of clippings.
当你嫁给我,你就是嫁给了西班牙第一个托雷罗。
And when you marry me, you’ll marry the first torero in Spain.
不是第二或第三,而是第一个!最棒的!
Not the second or the third, but the first! The greatest!
我要走了,卡门。
I’ll go now, Carmen.
-包裹里是什么?——什么都没有。
– What’s in the package? – Nothing.
-是给我的吗?-这只是我…-但是-那是什么?
– Is it for me? – Well, it’s-it’s just something that I… -But_ -what is it?
没什么,卡门。我…
It’s nothing, Carmen. I…
哦!
Oh!
不,你现在不能见他。房♥间里已经很拥挤了。
No, you cannot see him now. The room is crowded as it is.
但如果斗牛士能看到他的教子,哪怕只有一分钟……你不知道该不该在今天把你的孩子们带过来吗,
But if the matador could only see his godson just for a minute… Don’t you know any better than to bring your brats here today of all days,
当盖拉多先生第一次在家乡正式露面的时候?
when sefior gallardo is about to make his first formal appearance in his hometown?
就一分钟?
Just for one minute?
星期三。那是唐璜见到他教子的日子。
Wednesday. That’s the day Don Juan sees his godchildren.
你以为只有你一个人吗?
Do you think you’re the only one?
他已经是塞维利亚一半婴儿的教父了。
Already, he’s godfather to half the infants in sevilla.
现在,我们得租个军械库!
Presently, we’ll have to hire an armory!
先生们,你们好!请马上进来。
How do you do, gentlemen? Please come right in.
请进。是的。
Come right in. Yes.
为什么我们不能进去?
Why can’t we go in there?
不是今天!
Not today!
我,curro……我出席了我们的胡安在马德里作为斗牛士的正式演讲的下午。
I, curro… I was present the afternoon of our Juan’s formal presentation as a matador in Madrid.
他和像大教堂那么大的三浦公牛搏斗。
He fought a miura bull as big as a cathedral.
在我的一生中,我从未见过如此真诚,如此纯洁,如此无忧无虑,最重要的是,如此平静的勇敢。
Never in my life have I seen such sincerity, such purity, such lightheartedness, and, above all, such serene valor.
让我给你读一下那天晚上我在《赫拉尔多》上写的东西。
Let me read you what I wrote that night in the Heraldo.
剪报就在我身边。
I have the clipping right here with me.
“信主的人哪,你们应当喜乐。
“Rejoice, ye faithful.
“我们伟大艺术的衰败结束了。
“There’s an end to the decay of our great art.
“我们正处在伟大复兴的前夜。
“We are on the Eve of a great renaissance.
“Cid campeador回来了”带回了西班牙的荣耀。
“Cid campeador has returned “to bring back the glory of Spain.
“竞技场再次回到了激♥情♥和尊严。”
“The arena has come back once more to passion and dignity.”
OlA©。OlA©。
Olé. Olé.
塞维利亚终于有斗牛士了。
At last, sevilla has a matador.
史上最伟大的斗牛士。
The greatest matador of all history.
一个圣人,世界上第一个人。
A Saint. The first man of the world.
他出生的那天,空气中有盐,大量的盐。
The day he was born, there was salt in the air, a great quantity of salt.
OlA©。OlA©。
Olé. Olé.
你真该看看他在宣信节的走廊上。
You should have seen him at the corrida of the feast of the anunciacion.
他离公牛太近了,第二天,加拉巴托花了几个小时把胡安衣服上的公牛毛挑出来。
He was so near the bull, next day garabato spent hours picking the bull’s hairs out of Juan’s clothes.
OlA©。OlA©。
Olé. Olé.
华丽!那一定要花一大笔钱!
Gorgeous! It must cost a fortune!
我不知道胡安有没有跟你提过,他早期的事业是我资助的。
I don’t know whether Juan mentioned it to you or not, but it was I who financed his early career.
多年来,我得养活他全家。
For years, I had to support his whole family.
真的吗?
Really?
好大的一条走廊。
What a corrida.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!