我为卡门感到难过,我也同情多纳索尔。
I’m sorry for Carmen, and I pity dona sol.
你为什么要可怜她?
Why should you pity her?
因为这个世界上没有什么东西能让她坚持很久。什么都没有。
Because there’s nothing in the world that she can hold on to for long. Nothing.
当她还是个小女孩的时候,她对所有的玩具都感到厌倦,在它们还是新的时候就把它们扔掉了。
When she was a little girl, she used to tire of all her toys and throw them away while they were still new.
-我给你的建议是…-唐·何塞,你是我的经理,我愿意在生意上听取你的建议。
– Now, my advice to you… – Don Jose, you’re my manager, and I’m willing to take your advice on matters of business.
但在私人问题上,我不需要听你的!
But in personal matters, I don’t have to listen to you!
你为什么不放过我,别再干涉我了!
Why don’t you leave me alone and stop interfering with me!
也许我不知道怎么读或写,但我知道,我已经赚了很多钱,但它变成了什么?
Maybe I don’t know how to read or write, but this I do know, I’ve made tons of money, and what’s become of it?
我从没听过你和那个偷东西的洛佩兹的账目。
I’ve never had an accounting from you or that thieving Lopez either.
-从我这里?-洛佩兹先生。
– From me? – Sefior Lopez.
你一直想当你姐夫的经纪人。
You’ve always wanted to be your brother-in-law’s manager.
在我看来,从现在开始,你将拥有这份荣誉。
As far as I’m concerned, you may have that honor from this moment on.
我可以告诉你。
And I can tell you this.
如果你为他签任何合同,他就会以虚假的名义拿钱。
If you sign any contracts for him, he’ll be taking money under false pretenses.
如果你能筹到钱,这是你最好付的账单。
And here’s some bills you’d better pay, if you can find the money.
现在作为我的经纪人,你抢劫我就容易多了。
Well, now as my manager, it’ll be much easier for you to Rob me.
你觉得我会让我丈夫和你有任何瓜葛吗?
Do you think I’d let my husband have anything to do with you?
要成为一名经理,就必须要有管理的东西!你是什么?没有什么!
To be a manager, one must have something to manage! And what are you? Nothing!
Encarnacion。
Encarnacion.
你的钱…你花光了,扔掉了!
Your money… you’ve spent it, thrown it away!
你连房♥子的钱都还没付呢!
You haven’t even paid for the house you live in!
我们也不会再住在里面了!
And we’re not going to live in it anymore either!
我们可不想牵扯进把你妻子赶走的丑闻里!
We’re not going to get soiled in the scandal that drove your wife away!
我明白了。
I understand.
他们说当船下沉时,所有的老鼠都会离开。
They say that when a ship is sinking, all the rats leave.
再见,老鼠!
Good-bye, rats!
但如果你认为我在下沉,那你就错了。
But you’re mistaken if you think I’m sinking.
那你还在等什么?
Well, what are you waiting for?
信主的人哪,你们应当喜乐。
Rejoice, ye faithful.
塞维利亚终于有斗牛士了。
At last, sevilla has a matador.
史上最伟大的斗牛士。
The greatest matador of all history.
一个圣人。
A Saint.
世界上第一个人。
The first man of the world.
他出生的那天,空气中有盐味。
The day he was born, there was salt in the air.
大量的盐。
A great quantity of salt.
那么,你能从一个大多数不会读不会写的兽群中期待什么呢?
Well, what can you expect from a herd that, for the most part, can’t read or write?
他们享受着悲剧情感带来的快乐,而不会对自己造成丝毫的危险。
They enjoy the pleasure of a tragic emotion without the slightest danger to themselves.
他们尖叫着对血腥的渴望。
They scream with a lust for blood.
至于那些坐在树荫下的人,至少他们能负担得起。
As for the people who sit in the shade, at least they can afford it.
但是太阳的居民,他们支付五个比塞塔,一整天的工资,足够养活一个家庭,在环向阳的一侧煎
But the citizens of the sun, they pay five pesetas, a whole day’s pay, enough to feed a family, to fry on the sunny side of the ring
他们看着几头公牛被屠♥杀♥。一个犯罪的行业。
while they watch a few bulls being butchered. A criminal business.
如果这是全国性的犯罪活动,你为什么还在里面?
If it’s a criminal business, nacional, why are you still in it?
事实是胡安·加拉多欠我一年的工资。
The truth of the matter is that Juan gallardo owes me practically a year’s pay.
只要我能拿到欠薪,我就会永远退出这个令人厌恶的行业。
As soon as I can collect my back wages, I’m going to quit this repulsive trade forever.
我发誓这是我最后一季了。
I swear this is my last season.
你这个傻瓜!别再往我身上泼那种臭东西了!
You fool! Stop dousing me with that stinking stuff!
我这么做只是为了消除你嘴里的朗姆酒味。
I only did it to kill the smell of rum on your breath.
你管好你自己的事就好了。
Well, I’ll thank you to mind your own business.
我知道你想干什么。
I know what you’re up to.
如果你想找个借口离开我,说出来吧。
If you’re looking for an excuse to quit me, say so.
我不会放弃你的。
Why, I wouldn’t quit you.
但在狂欢节那天喝朗姆酒是不对的。
But it isn’t right for you to fill yourself with rum on the day of a corrida.
今天下午你不用担心公牛。我们画了几个b。
You don’t have to worry about the bulls this afternoon. We drew a couple of bravos.
不是公牛。是人群。
It’s not the bulls. It’s the crowd.
它们在用爪子等着我。
They’re waiting for me with claws.
大家都很健忘,胡安妮洛,就像个女人。
The crowd is forgetful, juanillo, like a woman.
又像女人一样善变,又像女人一样残忍♥。
And fickle like a woman, and cruel like a woman.
-闭嘴。-但这一次你不能责怪人群。
– Shut your mouth. – But this time you can’t blame the crowd.
你没有给他们任何东西。
You aren’t giving them anything.
嗯,我……我运气不好。
Well, I’ve… I’ve had bad luck.
公牛的个头要大得多。
The bulls have been much bigger.
它们看起来更大只是因为当你面对它们时,你会害怕。
They only seem bigger because when you face them, you’re afraid.
你生来就和我们一样一无所有,但你有一样东西是真实而纯粹的……你是个天生的公牛杀手,斗牛士!
You were born to very little like the rest of us, but one thing you had that was real and pure… You were a born killer of bulls, a matador!
她把它从你身边夺走了。
She took it away from you.
当你拿着剑面对公牛时,你会筋疲力尽,一无所有。
Now when you face the bull with a sword, you’re drained, empty.
你现在除了恐惧什么都没有了。
There’s nothing left of you but fear.
你有枪,对吧?
You have a gun, haven’t you?
你为什么不把它带上斗牛场用一颗子弹杀死这头野兽呢?
Why don’t you bring it to the ring with you and kill the beast with a bullet?
我在无数竞技场的血沙中挣扎。
I’ve dragged myself through the blood and sand of a thousand arenas.
到最后,我只后悔一件事。
In the end, there’s only one thing I regret.
我从来没学过读书写字。
I never learned to read or write.
我不得不放弃教育,但我让整个世界为我的无知负责。
I was obliged to renounce education, but I make the whole world responsible for my ignorance.
你的玉米饼是为我准备的。
Your cornada was meant for me.
什么?
What?
我们总是分享一切,不是吗?
We’ve always shared everything, haven’t we?
生活是很好奇的。
Life is very curious.
没有补救办法。
There’s no remedy.
如果一切可以重来……
If it were all to do over…
弹♥药♥有些事你是阻止不了的,就算有斗篷也不行。
Ammo there are some things you can’t stop, not even with a cape.
好吧,我不干了。
Well, I’m quitting.
这是我的最后一季了。
This is my last season.
OlA©!
Olé!
“最后我要宣布一个消息”一颗新的彗星在地平线上闪烁,”一颗明亮闪烁的彗星,它的名字叫马诺洛·德·帕尔马”
“And I end by heralding the news “of a new comet flashing across the horizon, “a bright and flashing comet, and his name is Manolo de palma.”
OlA©。
Olé.
“狂热者,记住那个名字。
“Aficionados, Mark well that name.
“它注定要获得伟大的荣耀。”
“It is destined for great glory.”
-柯罗自己写的吧?-他签了名。
– Curro wrote it himself, huh? – He signed it.
你会出名的!太棒了!
You’ll be famous! Wonderful!
不要离开。马诺洛。
Don’t leave. Manolo.
啊,安静!
Aw, quiet!
-先生。——马诺洛。
– Sefior curro. – Manolo.
我刚看了你写的关于我的文章。真是受宠若惊。
I’ve just been reading the piece you wrote about me. It’s very flattering.
一点也不,马诺洛。这是我的真实意见。请坐,我的朋友。
Not at all, Manolo. It is my honest opinion. Sit down, my friend.
坐下来。你能赏光和我喝点酒吗?
Sit down. Will you do me the honor of having some wine with me?
不,你必须给我这个荣幸。
No, you must do me the honor.
柯罗,彗星是什么?
Curro, what is a comet?
彗星,我的朋友,是一颗划过天空的星星,用它炽热的光辉照亮了天空,然后……是吗?
A comet, my friend, is a star that flashes across the sky, lighting up the heavens with its fiery brilliance and then… Yes?
晚上好,唐璜。晚上好,女士。
Good evening, Don Juan. Good evening, sefiora.
请这边走。
This way, if you please.
-你要什么?-你要什么?
– What will you have? – What will you have?
——香槟。——香槟。
– Champagne. – Champagne.
——香槟吗?-是的,香槟。
– Champagne? – Si, champagne.
香槟。
Champagne.
这是个好地方。我很高兴我们来到这里。
It’s a nice place. I’m glad we came here.
什么事,胡安?
What is it, Juan?
我只是想弄清楚你是什么样的女人。
I was just trying to figure out what kind of a woman you are.
是吗?
Yes?
问题是你…你不是一个女人,而是很多女人,每个都不一样。
The trouble is you’re… You’re not one woman, but many, and never the same.
嗯,你知道,一个人会改变。
Well, one changes, you know.
你上星期天为什么没来走廊看我?
Why didn’t you come to see me at the corrida last Sunday?
我头痛。
I had a headache.
头痛吗?
A headache?
参孙和大利拉。
Samson and Delilah.
——什么?——没什么。
– What? – Nothing.
原谅我。
Excuse me.
问候,compafiero。请原谅我打扰你,胡安妮略,但现在是你遵守诺言的最佳时机。
Greetings, compafiero. Pardon me for intruding, juanillo, but this is as good a time as any to keep your promise.
-什么承诺?-为什么,把我介绍给多纳索尔。
– What promise? – Why, to present me to dona sol.
你不记得了吗?请允许我自我介绍一下。我是马诺洛·德·帕尔马。
Don’t you remember? Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Manolo de palma.
我很快就会很荣幸地出现在塞维利亚的斗牛场上。
I shall have the pleasure soon of appearing in the ring here in sevilla.
多好。我期待着。
How nice. I shall look foward to it.
我知道胡安也会这样。
I understand Juan will be in the same corrida.
是的,这是我们第一次一起出现。
Yes, it’ll be the first time we appear together.
你将有机会比较我们的风格。
You’ll have a chance to compare our styles.
我们的工作方式完全不同。
We work altogether differently.
-你好吗,朋友?-嗯,谢谢。
– How have you been, amigo? – Well, thank you.
-你妈妈好吗?——好。
– How’s your mother? – Nicely.
你妹妹和安东尼奥·洛佩兹还有孩子们都好吗?
How’s your sister and Antonio Lopez and the children?
-他们都没事。谢谢你!-你的小妻子好吗?
– They’re all fine. Thank you. – And how’s your little wife?
是的,我听说她和她父亲去农场了。
Oh, yes, I hear she’s gone off to the ranch with her father.
你知道吗,我和胡安是老朋友了。
You know, dona sol, Juan and I are old friends.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!