I feel bloody terrified. Ah…
我吓死了
Hello, everyone.
大家好
My name is Dr. Clement Aitken.
我是克莱门特·艾特肯医生
I’m the Director of the Disability Research Foundation.
残疾人研究基金会会长
In this country,
在这个国家
there are hundreds of severely disabled patients
有数百名重度残疾病人
currently living their entire lives in hospital beds.
一生都在医院病床上度过
Worldwide, there are thousands.
全世界范围内 有数千人
Do you think they like that?
你们觉得他们喜欢这样吗
If you want to get out, give me a shout!
如果你们想出去的话 喊一嗓子
How many thousands worldwide?
全世界有几千我这样的人
Oh, tens of thousands, maybe more.
上万人 或许更多
No one’s ever believed it’s possible to live as you do.
没人相信他们能像你一样活着
Well, we should show them.
那我们应该展示给他们看
What do you want now, Robin, a world tour?
你又想干什么 罗宾 周游世界吗
Well, there is a European conference coming up in Germany
事实上 德国马上要开一个欧洲会议
for severely disabled living.
就是关于重度残疾病人的生活的
All the so-called key experts will be there.
各种所谓的专家都会出席
Oh my giddy aunt! If only they could see you…
我的天啊 他们要是看到你的话…
I think he should be in hospital. No?
我觉得他该待在医院吧 你说呢
You’re quite right. No.
我觉得你说得对
You did check we’d be able to fit
你有没有查过 这里能不能
the wheelchair in, didn’t you, Bloggs?
让轮椅通行 布洛格斯
Yes, of course, I did. What do you take me for?
当然可以 你以为我是干什么的
Thank God for that. I know.
谢天谢地 我知道
I never thought we’d actually make it… Oh, sorry.
我没想到我们真的会来… 抱歉
Oh, sorry. No, it was probably my fault.
抱歉 我的错
Pull out, pull out. Let’s pull out, that’s it.
后退 后退 就这样
Straight, straight, straight…
直走 直走 直走
Straighten it up. In you go. Oh!
直走 进去 哦
You’re not gonna do it. That’s not gonna go through.
不可能的 进不去的
Right. Whose fault’s this, then?
好吧 这是谁的错呢
I think we’re going to struggle here.
我觉得我们有麻烦了
Sorry, I didn’t know I was supposed to measure the doors.
抱歉 我不知道连门框都得量
It’s the wheels that are the problem.
问题是轮子
Yes, yes, yes, yes. Good idea.
是 是 是 好主意
Drag him back.
把他拉回来
Listen, listen, listen. What?
听着 听着 听着 什么
We’re gonna have to take the inner door frame off.
我们得把里面的门框拆下来
Oh, well done, Clem.
干得好 克莱门
Clem’s done it, Clem’s done it.
克莱门能行 克莱门能行
Clem’s bloody done it.
克莱门竟然搞定了
Clem, that is looking good.
克莱门很厉害啊
Quick. Go, go.
快 走 走
Get him in, get him in, get him in.
推他进去 进去
Sorry.
抱歉
Go on.
快点
Brilliant.
太棒了
I want you to see this, Robin.
我想让你看看这个 罗宾
Let me go in first.
我先进去
You may give them something of a shock.
你可能会惊到他们
Dr. Aitken? Yes.
艾特肯医生吗 是的
It’s an honor.
很荣幸
Erik Langdorf. I’m the Director.
埃里克·朗多夫 我是这里的主管
Aha! My associates.
这是我的同事们
I have heard so much about your care for the severely disabled.
我听说了很多你们关照重度残疾病人的事
This hospital is famous.
这家医院很有名
Please.

Such excellent modern machinery.
好先进的现代机器
And everything so clean.
卫生条件真好
The chair has a respirator?
轮椅上有呼吸机吗
Sorry, but he must leave.
抱歉 但他必须离开这里
Of course. How stupid of me.
当然 是我不好
Please understand.
请理解我们
We are Department of the Bundesministerium des Innern.
我们是国家内政部门
If anything were to happen…
要是出了什么事…
The Ministry of the Interior?
内政部吗
Yes. Like our Home Office?
就像我们的内政部吗
Yes.
是的
Don’t they run the prisons, too?
他们是不是也负责监狱
I believe so, yes.
是的
Thank you so much, Dr. Langdorf,
非常感谢 朗多夫医生
for giving us so much of your time.
给我们腾出这么多的时间
May I begin by noting an interesting fact.
我能提出一个有趣的事实吗
At this conference
这个会议
on Managing The Lives Of The Severely Disabled,
明明旨在改善重度残疾病人的生活
there are no disabled people present.
却没有残疾人到场
Dr. Aitken, forgive me,
艾特肯医生 抱歉
but the severely disabled are on life-support machines.
但重度残疾病人都靠呼吸机生活
So how could they be present?
他们怎么可能到场呢
Well, allow me to introduce Mr. Robin Cavendish.
请允许我介绍罗宾·卡文迪许先生
All right…
好的
If I put that there, is it going to work? Yeah, well done.
这样可以吗 好
Robin, you have a question to ask our hosts.
罗宾 你有个问题想问各位 是吧
Yes, I do.
是的
Why do you keep your disabled people in prisons?
你们为什么把残疾人关在监狱里
In prisons?
监狱
No. No.
不 不
We have some of the finest facilities
我们给重度残疾病人提供的设施
in the world for the severely disabled.
是世界上最好的
I know, but they’re run by prison guards.
我知道 但管理那里的是狱警啊
No, not at all.
不 完全不是
Well, patients are kept out of sight.
病人都不见天日
Not treated as part of healthy society.
没有被当作社会的一员
I must ask that you withdraw that.
请你收回这句话
Mr. Cavendish doesn’t mean to cause offense.
卡文迪许先生并没有冒犯的意思
He’s merely suggesting that the severely disabled
他只是提出 重度残疾病人
can be better integrated into society.
可以更加融入这个社会
Absolutely. I can see that you all care
是的 我能看出 你们都很关心
very deeply about your disabled people. I see that.
你们的残疾人 我能看出来
But let me ask you, when you look at me,
但让我问问你们 当你们看到我的时候
what is it that you see?
你们看到的是什么
Do you see a creature
你们看到的是一个
that’s barely alive?
苟延残喘的生物
Or do you see a man that’s escaped the confines
还是一个走出医院高墙的
of the hospital walls?
鲜活的人
Now, I have a machine
在我这个椅子下面
under this very seat that breathes for me.
有个机器 在替我呼吸
And at home, I have a ventilator right by my bed.
在家里 我床边也有个呼吸机
I also have a remarkable group of friends.
我还有很多超棒的朋友
And, most vitally, I have my wife.
但最重要的 我有我的妻子
But, as you see, I can do nothing for myself.
但是 你们看得出 我无法自理
And yet here I am.
可我还是来到了这里
Now, when I first became paralyzed, I wanted to die.
在我刚刚瘫痪的时候 我想过去死
Yeah, I wanted to die. I did.
我真的很想去死
But my wife wouldn’t let me.
但我妻子不同意
She told me I had to live.
她说我必须活下去
To see our son grow up.
看着我们的儿子长大
So I went on living
所以我坚持活了下来
because she told me to.
因为她让我坚持
Because of her, really,
都是因为她 真的
and with her and for her.
和她在一起 为她这么做
And every day since then,
从那之后的每一天
I’ve accepted the risk of dying
我接受了死亡的风险
because I don’t want to just survive.
因为我不想仅仅只是活着
I want to truly live.
我想真正的活着
So I implore you,
所以我恳求你们
go back to your hospitals,
回到你们的医院
and you tell your disabled patients
告诉你们的残疾病人
that they too can truly live.
他们也同样可以真正地活着

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!