I could have bred a race. I might even have found the secret of eternal life.
我也许创造了一个种族 我甚至也许 发现了永恒生命的秘密
Henry, don’t say those things. Don’t think them. It’s blasphemous and wicked.
亨利 别说这些事情了 也别再想了 那是亵渎而邪恶的
We are not meant to know those things.
我们没有能力知道那些事情
It may be that I’m intended to know the secret of life.
也许我就是被指定来发现生命的秘密的
It may be part of the divine plan.
那可能是神圣计划的一部分
No, no. It’s the devil that prompts you.
不 不 那是魔鬼在鼓动你
It’s death, not life, that is in it all and at the end of it all.
那是死亡 不是生命 从头到尾都是如此
Listen, while you’ve been lying here, tossing in your delirium, I couldn’t sleep.
听着 当你躺在这儿的时候 翻滚在你的精神错乱里 我无法入睡
And when you rave of your insane desire
当你咆哮出你不正常的欲望
to create living men from the dust of the dead,
想从死人的尘埃中创造出活人
a strange apparition has seemed to appear in the room.
一个奇怪的幽灵似乎出现在屋里
It comes, a figure like Death. And each time it comes more clearly, nearer.
它来了 象死神的幻影 一次次它越来越清楚 越来越近
It seems to be reaching out for you, as if it would take you away from me!
它似乎伸出手来抓你 它好像要把你从我身边夺走!
There it is. Look.
它在那里 看
There. I see nothing, Elizabeth. Where?
那里 我什么也看不见 伊丽莎白 哪里?
There’s nothing there.
那儿什么也没有
There! There! It’s coming for you!
那里!那里!它来找你了!
Nearer! Henry! Henry! Henry! Henry!
更近了!亨利!亨利!亨利!亨利!
Henry!
亨利!
Albert! Drat the man. He’s never here when he’s wanted.
阿尔伯特!讨厌 从来想找他的时候他都不在
What’s the good of footmen anyway?
这男仆有什么用?
All right. All right!
来了 来了!
Don’t knock the castle over! We’re not all dead yet.
别把城♥堡♥敲倒! 我们还没全死
There’s nobody at home. Let me in, my good woman.
没人在家 让我进去 我的好女人
I know the young Baron Frankenstein is at home.
我知道小巴伦·弗兰肯斯坦在家
He’s sick. He’s in his bed, where all decent folk should be at this time of night.
他病了 他躺在床上 所有正派家伙在这么晚的时候该在的地方
Tell him that Dr Pretorius is here on a secret matter of grave importance,
告诉他说普雷托利斯博士在这儿 有一件非常重要的秘密事情
and must see him alone, tonight.
必须单独见他 今晚
Dr Pretorius?
普雷托利斯博士?
Pretorius?
普雷托利斯?
What was it? What was the name? Dr Pretorius.
是谁?叫什么名字? 普雷托利斯博士
There ain’t no such name.
没人叫那个名字
Now, you stay there.
好 你呆在那儿
Who’s there? It’s Minnie, milady.
谁在那里? 是曼尼 夫人
Oh, come in.
哦 进来
It’s Dr Pretorius.
是普雷托利斯博士
He says he wants to see the master. Most insistent.
他说他想见主人 坚持要见
Pretorius?
普雷托利斯?
He’s a very queer-looking old gentleman, sir.
他是一个长相非常奇特的老绅士 先生
And must see you, on a secret, grave matter, he said.
必须要见你 秘密地 重要的事情 他说
Tonight. Alone.
今晚 单独
Bring him in. Henry, who is this man?
带他进来 亨利 这个人是谁?
Dr Pretorius.
普雷托利斯博士
Baron Frankenstein now, I believe?
巴伦·弗兰肯斯坦 我相信是?
Won’t you come in, Doctor?
你不进来吗 博士?
I trust you will pardon this intrusion at so late an hour.
我相信你会原谅这么晚了还来打扰
I would not have ventured to come, had I not a communication to make
我不揣冒昧来 是因为我必须和您沟通
which I suspect may be of the utmost importance to yourself.
一件我认为会是对您自己最重要的事情
This is Professor Pretorius. He used to be Doctor of Philosophy at the university.
这是普雷托利斯教授 他过去曾是 大学里的哲学博士
But, uh… But was booted out.
可是 嗯… 但是被踢走了
Booted, my dear Baron, is the word.
踢 我亲爱的巴伦 就是这个词
For knowing too much.
因为知道的太多
Henry’s been very ill, Professor. He shouldn’t be disturbed.
亨利病的很重 教授 他不应该被打扰
I am also a doctor, Baroness.
我也是一名医生 巴伦夫人
Why have you come here tonight?
你为什么今晚来这儿?
My business with you, Baron, is private.
我和你的事情 巴伦 是私人的
Elizabeth, please.
伊丽莎白 请
I do hope he won’t upset Henry.
我希望你不要烦亨利
What do you want? We must work together.
你想要什么? 我们必须一起工作
Never. This is outrageous.
决不 这是可恶的
I’m through with it. I’ll have no more of this hell-spawn.
我已经放弃了 我再也不做这地狱的产物了
As soon as I’m well, I’m to be married, and I’m going away.
等我一病好 我就要结婚 然后远走高飞
I must beg you to reconsider.
我必须请求您重新考虑
You know, do you not, that it is you, really,
你知道 也许你不知道 事实上 是你
who are responsible for all those murders?
应该对所有这些谋杀负责?
There are penalties to pay for killing people.
杀人要偿命
And with your creature still at large in the countryside…
再说你的创造物 还在乡下没有被抓住…
Are you threatening me?
你在威胁我吗?
Don’t put it so crudely.
别说的那么粗野
I had ventured to hope that you and I together, no longer as master and pupil,
我冒昧地希望你和我一起 不再是老师和学生关系
but as fellow scientists, might probe the mysteries of life and death…
而是作为科学同伙 探寻生与死的秘密…
Never. No further.
决不 再也不了
…and reach a goal undreamed of by science.
…达到一个科学都想像不到的目标
I can’t make any further experiments. I’ve had a terrible lesson.
我不能再做进一步实验了 我有过可怕的教训
That is sad, very sad.
那真悲哀 真悲哀
But you and I have gone too far to stop.
但是你和我已经走的太远 停不下来了
Nor can it be stopped so easily.
它也不会那么轻易被停下来
I also have continued with my experiments.
我也继续进行了我的实验
That is why I am here tonight.
那就是我今晚来这儿的原因
You must see “my” creation.
你必须看看“我的”创造
Have you also succeeded in bringing life to the dead?
你也成功地把生命赋予了死人吗?
If you, Herr Baron, will do me the honour of visiting my humble abode,
如果你 巴伦先生 愿意赏光 光临我的寒舍的话
I think you will be interested in what I have to show you.
我想你会对我给你看的东西感兴趣
After 20 years of secret scientific research, and countless failures,
经过20年的秘密科学研究 和数不清的失败
I also have created life, as we say, in God’s own image.
我也创造出了生命 正如我们说的 按照上帝自己的形象
I must know. When can I see it?
我必须知道 我什么时候能见到它?
I thought you might change your mind.
我认为你已经改变了心意
Why not tonight? It is not very late.
为什么不今晚呢?还不算太晚
Is it far? No, but you will need a coat.
远吗? 不 但你需要穿件外套
I think your coachman had better wait here.
我认为你的马车夫最好在这儿等着
Won’t you sit down, Herr Baron?
你不坐下吗 巴伦先生?
Before I show you the results of my trifling experiments,
在我向你展示我的小实验的结果之前
I would like to drink to our partnership.
我建议为我们的合作干一杯
Do you like gin? It is my only weakness.
你喜欢金酒吗?那是我唯一的爱好
To a new world of gods and monsters.
敬一个上帝和怪物的新世界
Creation of life is enthralling,
创造生命是迷人的
distinctly enthralling, is it not?
非常迷人的 不是吗?
I cannot account precisely for all that I am going to show you.
我不能精确地说明 我要给你看的东西
But perhaps now that you are my partner, you can.
但也许作为我的合作者 你能
My experiments did not turn out quite like yours, Henry.
我的实验结果和你的不完全一样 亨利
But science, like love, has her little surprises, as you shall see.
但是科学 正如爱情一样 有她小小的惊喜 正如你将要看到的
Good heavens, Doctor. What are these?
老天 博士 这些是什么东西?
There is a pleasing variety about my exhibits.
我的展品有一个可爱的品种
My first experiment was so lovely
我的第一个实验是那么可爱
that we made her a queen.
我们让她当女王
Charming, don’t you think?
很迷人 你不这么认为吗?
Then, of course, we had to have a king.
然后 当然 我们必须要有一个国王
Now he’s so madly in love with her that we have to segregate them.
现在他疯狂地爱上了她 我们不得不把他们隔离开
Now now. I have to be very careful with the king.
好现在 我必须对国王非常小心
Now, behave.
好 规矩点
My next production looked so disapprovingly at the other two
我的下一个产品看起来和另外两个 非常不同
that they made him an archbishop.
他们把他当成主教
He seems to be asleep. I must wake him up.
他看起来睡着了 我必须叫醒他
The next one is the very devil.
下一个是非常邪恶的
Very bizarre, this little chap.
非常古怪 这小家伙
There’s a certain resemblance to me, don’t you think? Or do I flatter myself?
和我有某种相似之处 你不觉得吗?还是我在自我吹嘘?
I took a great deal of pains with him.
我对他非常耐心
Sometimes I have wondered whether life wouldn’t be much more amusing
有时候我会想生命是否不那么有趣
if we were all devils,
如果我们全都是魔鬼
and no nonsense about angels and being good.
而没有那些关于天使和善良的胡扯
Oh, there’s the king out again.
哦 国王又出来了
Even royal amours are a nuisance.
即使是皇家奸♥情♥也是讨厌的事情
Poor Archbishop. He has his hands full.
可怜的主教 他双手都占满了
There. That’ll keep you quiet.
那儿 那会让你安静
My little ballerina is charming, but such a bore.
我的小芭蕾舞♥女♥很迷人 但是那么无聊
She’ll only dance to Mendelssohn’s “Spring Song”,
她只会对门德尔松的“春之曲”起舞
and it gets so monotonous.
而那是多么单调啊
My next is very conventional, I’m afraid.
我的下一个是非常常规的 我恐怕
But you can never tell how these things will turn out.
但你永远也不知道 这些东西是怎么产生的
It was an experiment with seaweed.
这是一个用海藻作的实验

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!