超♥市♥夜未眠
压碎人类头骨大约需要500磅的压力
It takes approximately 500 pounds to crush a human skull.
但人类的情感却脆弱的多
But the human emotion is a much more delicate thing.
就拿苏西来说 我的第一个真正意义上的女朋友
Take Suzy, my first real girlfriend.
我第一次真正的分手
My first real breakup,
就发生在我跟前
happening right in front of me.
我从来没想到这竟会跟车祸相似
I never thought it was going to be similar to car crash.
我猛踩刹车
I’ve slammed the brakes,
想要避开情绪碰撞
and I’m skidding towards an emotional impact.
那么这一切还是我的错吗
So is this all my fault?
我 本·威利斯
Me. Ben Willis.
有趣的是在那一刻 你的脑海中会回忆起从前的点滴
It’s funny what goes through your mind at a time like this.
我们共同度过的两年半光阴
The two-and-a-half years we spent together.
我们的誓言
The promises we made.
我们和她父母一起度过的假期
The holidays we took with her parents.
我们一起在宜家买♥♥的台灯
The lamp we bought at Ikea together.
那是我在艺术大学的最后一年
It was my final year at art college.
分手后的几个星期里
And in the weeks that followed the breakup,
我竭力想找到问题的症结
I tried to figure out what went wrong.
为什么我们会分手
Why did we break up?
滑稽的是 现在想来真是小事一桩
It’s funny, but when I think back now the reason seems so small.
有一天 她和我在一起 她说”我爱你”
One day she’s with me, and she’s saying “I love you,”
一个星期后 她就和别人在一起了
and the next week she’s with someone else.
大概也说了相同的话
Probably saying the same thing.
那么她是否真的爱过我
So did she really love me?
爱情究竟是什么
What is love anyway?
是否真的那么短暂易逝
And is it really that fleeting?
忘了她吧 你不要浪费时间在一个
Forget about her. You don’t wanna waste your time
为了像史蒂夫·杰金斯那样的失败者而甩了你的女孩身上
thinking about a girl that dumped you for a loser like Steve Jenkins.
她没有甩我
She didn’t dump me.
那为什么她把你赶走
Why did she Chuck you anyway?
之所以我们结束了
It ended
是因为苏西认为家花总是不如野花香
’cause Suzy thinks the grass is always greener on the other side.
她总是害怕错过更精彩的聚会
She’s always worrying about there being a better party to go to.
或是更好的男朋友
Or a better boyfriend to be had.
我只是觉得我永远没法让她感到满足
I just felt I could never make her happy.
接着史蒂夫·杰金斯开始给她发短♥信♥
And then Steve Jenkins started texting her.
史蒂夫·杰金斯怎么弄到她的号♥码的
How did Steve Jenkins get her number?
问的好
It was a good point.
我只想到了最糟糕的可能
I only imagined the worst.
我不想再多想了
I don’t want to think about it.
你应该找个美女约会 模特之类的
You need to go out with a beautiful girl. A model or something.
为什么
Why?
好吧 因为如果你勾搭上一个美女
Well, because if you’ve got a beautiful girl on your arm,
那就能说明你的值得拥有
then you must be worth having.
女人都喜欢互相竞争 你瞧
Women are in competition with each other, you see.
苏西若是看见你和一个性感尤物在一起 她就会想
Suzy sees you with a sexy baby, she’ll think to herself
如果我能把本从那个美女身边抢回来
“if I can get Ben back from that beautiful girl,
那我定是比那个美女更美
then I must be more beautiful than her.”
肖恩对付女人的战果让人印像深刻
Sean’s success with women was pretty impressive.
是真的 不信去问你妈
It’s true. Ask your mom.
老掉牙的问题 爱情究竟是什么
The age-old question. What is love?
抱歉
Excuse me.
很好 非常好
That’s good. That’s perfect.
本 亚当斯先生在这里把他的时间给你
Ben, Mr. Adams here has given his time up for you.
难道你不认为我们也该尊重他一下吗
Don’t you think we should show him a little bit of respect?
抱歉
Excuse me.
我住在离学校不远的学生公♥寓♥
I live in student accommodation not far from the college.
有现代七十二家房♥客的意思
基本上就是一座四层混凝土棚屋区
It’s basically a four-story concrete block
住着120个荷尔蒙分泌过盛的学生
housing some 120 hormone-crazed students.
是一段无法忘怀的岁月
This is the haunting period.
一段让魔鬼也会后悔遇见你的岁月
The time when the demons of regret come for you.
她就那么站在那儿
She stood right there
当我说出那些话
when I said those words:
对不起
“I’m sorry.
我想我无法让你幸福
“I don’t think I can make you happy.
也许我们应该分手
Maybe we should break up.”
就是那时她暴走了
And that’s when she got angry.

Hello?
苏西 是我 本
Suzy, it’s me, Ben.
本 我睡着了 怎么了
Ben! I was asleep. What is it?
苏西
Suzy, um…
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
我也很抱歉
I’m sorry too.
你觉得我们还有机会再在一起吗
Do you think there’s any chance we’ll get back together?
我想不能了 本
I don’t think so, Ben.
我觉得已经都过去了
I think it ran its course.
而且我现在和史蒂夫在一起了
Besides, I’m with Steve now.
你和他睡觉了没有
Have you slept with him?

Yes.
爽吗我是说 比起和…
Was it good? I mean, is it better than…
我不想跟你谈这个 本
I don’t wanna talk about it with you, Ben.
我要挂了 对不起 本
I’ve gotta go. Sorry, Ben.
苏西
Suzy?
一想到她现在和其他人在一起
To think about her now with someone else,
就感觉好像生活没有了氧气
it felt like all the oxygen had been sucked from the room.
在我和苏西分手之后 我再也无法入睡
After my breakup with Suzy, I just couldn’t fall asleep anymore.
我越是想睡着 就越睡不着
The more I tried to sleep, the less tired I felt.
我终日清醒
I was wide awake.
我试了所有方法
I tried everything.
我就好像免疫了睡觉一般
I’d just become immune to sleep.
我突然发现我每天多出了8小时
I suddenly found I had eight extra hours.
我的生活被延长了1/3
My life had been extended by a third.
我想让时间过的快些 反而被迫成了守望者
I wanted time to pass quickly, but instead I was forced to witness
看着时间一分一秒的流逝
the passing of every second of every hour.
我想让我的痛苦快些过去
I wanted the hurt I felt to go away.
但现实如此残酷
But in some cruel trick of events,
现在我手头的时间却变的更多
I now had even more time on my hands.
更多的时间去想念苏西
More time to think about Suzy.
你介意下车去检查一下轮胎吗
Would you mind getting out? Just checking that wheel?
我漫无目的得乘坐公交车
I took the bus with no real place to go.
我看着夕阳西下慢慢带走眼前景色
I watched the landscape slowly change as it clung to the last hours of sunlight,
留给我的是又一个不眠之夜
before leaving me to get another sleepless night.
我开始看 我本来希望能有时间读的书
I started to read all the books I wished I’d had time to read.
有了这额外的时间 我甚至有时间重温那些我喜欢的
With the extra hours, I even had time to reread my favorite ones.
但她却从未从我脑中远去
But she was never far from my mind.
2英镑75便士
Two pounds 75, please.
那这两样不要 多少钱
Ah, how much is it without these two?
1英镑70便士
One pound 70.
显然我需要卖♥♥掉一些我的时间了
It was getting obvious that I needed to trade some of my time.
本店招聘夜班员工
好的 好的 好的
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
好的 好的
Yeah, yeah.
好的 好的
Yeah. Yeah.
一切都看起来太棒了 伙计
Mmm, mmm, mmm. It all looks fantastic, man.
我觉得你实在是适合这里
I think you’ll fit in very well here.
打从心里高兴啊 本
It’s a great feeling inside, Ben.
这太棒了 我们希望你能享受成为
It’s marvelous. We hope you’ve enjoyed reading about
森斯伯瑞的一份子
what it’s like to be part of Sainsbury’s and listening.
听着 我知道的 我是过来人
I know, I’ve been through this with you.
那有那么多机会 本 这是命中注定的
There’s so many opportunities, Ben. It’s a life thing.
我能感觉到远处传来的微弱变化
I could feel a faint shift in a faraway place.
一桩无法预见和抗拒的事情正席卷而来
A current of unknown consequences was on its way
如同无法抗拒的宿命般向我靠近
moving towards me like an unstoppable wave of fate.
Teamwork 协作
T-e-a-m-w-o-r-k. Work.
团队协作 本
Teamwork, Ben.
欢迎上船
Welcome aboard.
于是我开始了在森斯伯瑞夜班的生涯
And so I started working the night shift at Sainsbury’s.
在大多数普通人在睡觉的时候
During the hours most normal people are sleeping,
我却在忙于出♥售♥我的时间
I’m busy trading my time.
我给他们我额外的8小时 他们则给我钱 这叫返现

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
前一篇文章明日边缘
下一篇文章罪恶之城
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!