这是他第二十次参加精英酒会
This is Jack’s 20th invitation to the winners ball.
我很难过
And I’m very sad to say…
今晚将是我们最后一次在酒会上看到杰克
…this is the last time we’re going to see jack here.
他终于可以好好休息了
We are finally putting him out to pasture.
他以65岁的年龄退休
He’s retiring 65 years young.
在这里干了四十二年
Been working here for 42 years.
-你们相信吗 -是四十三年
– Can you believe it? – Forty-three years.
四十二 四十三差不多
Yeah, 42, 43 years, yeah.
你刚来的时候多大 杰克
How old were you when you started, jack?
-二十三岁 -二十三岁
– Twenty-three years old. – Twenty-three years old.
你是从推销员做起的 对吧
You started off door to door, didn’t you?
-是的 -你干了差不多十年推销
– Yes. – You did that for about 10 years.
最后32年
And the last 32 years,
他一直在审计部门工作
he’s been down in the basement in the auditing department.
多么了不起的一生啊
So quite a life.
为了感谢你 我们准备了点小礼物
We have a little something to thank you…
感谢你多年的奉献 杰克 这是你的礼物
…for all your years of service, Jack. Here it is.
谢谢
Thank you.
是个果盘
It’s a fruit bowl.
谢谢
Thanks.
-是水晶的吗 -是雕花玻璃的
– Is that crystal? – Cut glass.
雕花玻璃做的
It’s cut glass.
杰克不知道我们为了他发动了募捐
What Jack doesn’t know is we had a whip-round.
宝拉特地去了德本汉姆百货公♥司♥才买♥♥到的
Paula went down to Debenhams specially to get that.
我们本来想要的那个断货了
The one we wanted to get was out of stock.
你真幸运
Lucky for you,
她因此买♥♥了比原先计划要贵很多的果盘
she had to get you the one that was a lot more expensive.
你可以好好休息了
Have a lie-in now.
和你的爱妻享受退休生活吧
Enjoy your retirement with your lovely wife
要和你老婆好好的 也别忘了我们
With your lovely wife, and don’t be a stranger.
偶尔回来看看别让我们忘了你
Pop in occasionally so we don’t forget.
好了 现在让我们轻松一下吧
Okay, enough admin. Something less depressing now.
非常高兴看到你们大家的到场
I’m very glad to see you all here.
今晚很是开心
I think we’re all having a wonderful time.
本迪克斯巧克力负责招待大家
The bendicks chocolates are a treat.
我想大家都会认可 承办人的工作做得很不错
I think we can say that the caterers did a fantastic job.
今晚还有个很棒的乐队要登台 他们将演奏精选曲集
We have a wonderful band tonight. They’ll be playing the hits.
请别介意他们有点野蛮的外表
They look a bit wild, but don’t mind their appearance.
-交给你们了 小伙子们 -谢谢
– Over to you, boys. – Thanks.
大家好 我们是图库乐队
Hi, everyone. We’re Chart Gallery.
-刚刚超搞笑 -怎么了
– How funny was that earlier? – What?
侍者端着面包和汤过来的时候
When the waiter came round with the soup and the bread.
我问 “还有白面包吗”
I said, “Is there any white bread left?”
他说 “没有了”
He said, “No, I think we’ve run out.
“白面包最受欢迎对吧” 我说 “是的”
“That goes first, doesn’t it?” I said, “Yeah. ”
他说 “我们还有黑面包”
He said, “We’ve got brown.”
我说 “我不喜欢黑面包 但我还是吃点吧”
I said, “I don’t like brown, but I’ll have some. ”
所以最后我吃了黑面包
So I’m eating the brown bread.
然后他又折回来说
Then he came back to me said
“白面包还有点剩下的”
“Oh, there is some white bread left after all. ”
所以最后我又吃了白面包又吃了黑面包
And so then I had white and brown.
这不算什么奇闻
That wasn’t an anecdote, that…
你得学会
Look, you gotta work out
有选择地说话
what’s worth telling people and what’s not, okay?
走在大街上什么都没发生 这种就别说了
Walk down the street and nothing happens, keep it to yourself.
但是如果你走在马路上
But if you walk down the street…
看到雷克斯霸王龙在强♥奸♥多多鸟的话
…and you see a tyrannosaurus rex raping a dodo…
就一定要告诉我 懂吗
…give me a call, do you understand?
-我只是 -我知道
– I was just… – I know.
-我觉得挺好玩的 -一点都不好玩 司诺克
– It sounded funny in my head. – But it wasn’t, Snork.
付莱迪 你有职业规划吗
Freddie, what’s your game plan, son?
五年后你想做什么
Where do you see yourself in five years?
不知道 五年太久了
Don’t know. Five years is a long way off.
努力工作 结婚买♥♥♥房♥♥ 跟别人一样
Just work hard, get married, buy a place, the usual.
你呢 克里夫
What about you, Cliff?
五年后想做什么
Where are you seeing yourself in five years?
我想转做人力资源
I’d quite like to make a sideways move into staff administration.
我们都知道麦克想干什么
And we all know what Mike’s plan is.
他盯准了我的位置
He’s got his eye on my office.
连布置办公室的墙纸都选好了
Already chosen the wallpaper.
-马丁想做什么 -主攻火灾事故险吧
– Martin? – Well, fire and accident.
-你漏了朱莉 -什么
– You missed out Julie, sir. – What?
你没问朱莉想干什么
You didn’t ask Julie.
我知道她五年后在哪儿
I know where she’ll be in five years.
在家带我的小孙子孙女
She’ll be home, with my grandchildren.
是吗 你也是这么想的吗
Really? Is that what you were thinking?
我不知道 不一定吧
I don’t know. Not necessarily.
我想过当摄影师
I’ve had thoughts about maybe doing some photography,
想试着往职业摄影师发展
trying to be involved with that professionally.
这样啊
Oh, really?
还没定呢 我在哪儿工作我们就去哪儿
But it’s not set in stone. We’re gonna go where work takes me.
我们现阶段以麦克的工作为重
We’re focusing on Mike’s career at the moment.
-然后就再我为重 -是吗
– Then we’re gonna focus on mine. – Are you?
天哪 麦克
Bloody hell, Mike,
我才知道你要跟个女权主义者结婚
you didn’t tell me you were marrying a women’s libber.
你要烧了胸罩吗 正好我要火点烟
You gonna burn your bra, love? I need a light for my fag.
你好 我叫道奇·博登 人寿险经理
Hello. Dougie Boden, assistant agency manager, life sales.
-这是我妻子 -对不起 能打断你吗
– With me, my wife. – Sorry, can I stop you there?
我要去跟那个丰满的小妞搭讪
I’m gonna go and talk to the lady over there with the lovely tits.
真没礼貌
Bit rude.
他要想看丰乳
If he wants to look at lovely tits,
你的就很丰满
yours are perfectly adequate.
长话短说 因为有个能保暖的鼻子
Well, to cut a long story short, it’s because I’ve got a nose for muff.
什么叫先以你的事业为重 再以她为重
What’s this about working on your career and then on Julie’s?
很明显 她想当个摄影师
Yeah, she’s got some idea about being a photographer, apparently.
你们要是有了孩子 她怎么当摄影师
And how would she do that when you have kids?
-她肯定当不了 -对
– She wouldn’t be able to, obviously. – Right.
我希望到了那时 她已经抛弃了那个想法
I’m hoping at that time, she’ll have forgotten about it.
女人总要经历
I think it’s one of those silly phases
这种愚蠢的阶段 对吧
that women go through, isn’t it?
-她可以把摄影当成爱好 -是的
– She can always do it as a hobby. – Yeah.
-她可以给孩子拍照 -就是这个意思
– She can take pictures of the kids. – Exactly.
帕特里夏也想工作过 -真的吗
Patricia wanted to work, you know. – Did she?
她想做什么
what did she wanna do?
天知道 她总有疯狂的想法
Oh, god knows. She had some bee in her bonnet.
我只想保证我们思维战线一致
I just wanted to make sure we’re thinking along the same lines.
当然 谢谢关心
Of course, I appreciate the concern, sir,
不过相信我 我能掌控
but trust me, I’m on top of it.
我知道 我知道你能掌控
Yeah, I know. I know you are. I know you are.
麦克 我们跳舞吧 来
Mike, let’s dance. Come on.
不 你知道我从不跳舞的
No, you know I don’t dance.
好吧 如果我爸跳舞 你就跳吗
Well, if dad dances, will you dance?
-爸 跟我妈去跳舞吧 -不 我不跳
– Dad, dance with mom. – No, I don’t dance.
-起来吧 很好玩的 -不 我不会跳舞的
– Come on, it’ll be fun. – No, I’m not gonna dance.
我们在聊天 宝贝
We’re talking here, love.
为什么不去给我拿杯威士忌 来杯威士忌吗
Why don’t you get me a whiskey? Whiskey, sir?

Yeah.
好吧
Okay.
你头发还是你奶奶剪的吗
So does your gran still cut your hair?
别鄙视她 她收费很便宜 因为她得了帕金森
Hey, don’t knock her. She’s cheap because of the parkinson’s.
-麻烦来两杯威士忌 -好的
– Two whiskeys, please. – Certainly.
你觉不觉得这个镇缺少点放任的60年代精神
Do you ever think this town missed out on the swinging ’60s?
-对 -但如果这个镇外精彩的世界
– Yeah. – What are we gonna do…
不断日新月异
if the world’s having another party
而我们却桎梏在这里 该怎么办
and we missed it again because we’re stuck here?
有个古阿♥拉♥伯谚语说
There’s this ancient Arab proverb that says
“有个古阿♥拉♥伯谚语”
“there’s an Ancient arab proverb?”
-老天 你变了 -听着 这谚语很有内涵
– My, you’ve changed. – Listen, it’s sweet, it says,
“把你的心扔向远方 然后快跑抓住它”
“Throw your heart out in front of you and run ahead to catch it. ”
-真好 我不知道这是什么意思 -你懂的
– Lovely. I don’t know what it means. – Yeah, you do.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!