其实我都明白 我希望你能知道这一点
I understand. I wanted you to know that.
我会在这里等你回来
I’ll be here when you come back.
快点 船要开了
Hurry along there, Mr. Abrahams. She’s about to sail.
我得走了 三个星期后见
I must go. I’ll see you in three weeks.
再见
Bye-bye.
小心脚 别出师未捷先挂彩了
Mind your step, sir. We want you to get there in one piece.
– 你什么时候知道的? – 你早上没看报纸吗?
– When did you get to know? – Did you not read the papers this morning?
百米赛跑资格赛在周日 两天后是准决赛和决赛
The heats for the hundred are on the Sunday, the semis and final a couple of days after.
只不过是资格赛罢了
It’s only a heat.
有这么重要吗?
Does it make all that difference?
当然
Yeah.
就是有这么重要
Yeah, it does.
在巴黎街头展示新买♥♥的华服
And strong though the temptation may be
的确是一项难以抗拒的诱惑
to disport your newly acquired finery around the streets of Paris –
其实花都巴黎 本身就已魅力无法挡
if they aren’t temptation enough –
我谨代表奥委会要求各位
may I ask you on behalf of the Olympic Committee to
在开幕仪式后再展示自己的华服
save your sartorial splendor until at least after the opening ceremony?
请容我提醒各位 你们集万千宠爱于一身
May I remind you, you are the favored few.
是英国有史以来 实力最坚强的代表队
You constitute what is without doubt the most powerful athletic force ever to leave these shores.
各位将与各国精锐同台较竞-
You are to face the world’s best –
对手的肤色黑白棕黄各异 像各位一样年轻 热情
brown and yellow, white and black, young and ardent as yourselves,
健步如飞 身强力壮
fleet of foot and strong of limb,
来自全球各地的文明国家
from every civilized nation on the face of the earth.
我知道各位一定能出类拔萃
I have no doubt that you will acquit yourselves honorably and with distinction.
祝你们好运
Good luck to you all.
你的心已经不在这里了 你只想着赛跑夺标
Your mind’s not with us anymore. It’s full of sprinting and starting and medals.
– 你根本一刻都静不下来 – 你别担心了
– It’s so full, you’ve no room for standing still. – Jennie, Jennie. Don’t fret yourself.
我是很担心 我为你忧虑
I do fret myself, Eric. I’m frightened for you.
我担心这一切对你的影响
I’m frightened what it all might do to you.
– 你知道今天是什么日子吗? – 星期天
– Do you know what day it is? – Sunday.
安息日不太适合踢足球吧?
The Sabbath’s not a day for football, is it?
你的这一步至关重大 全英国都在注意着你
It’s an awful step you’re taking, Liddell. The whole of Britain will be watching you.
我不知道他们是否能了解
I don’t know that they’ll understand.
我恐怕也很难了解
I’m not sure that I understand.
我也不知道自己是否了解
I’m not sure that I do either, sir.
我过去三年来卯足劲练习 为的就是上这艘船
For the last three years I’ve devoted myself to my running, just to be on this ship.
我放弃橄榄球 学业也受到影响
I gave up my rugby. My work has suffered.
我也伤害了一个 我非常重视的人
And I’ve deeply hurt someone I hold very dear.
因为我告诉自己 我的胜利属于上帝
Because I told myself if I win, I win for God.
但我现在却坐在这里 让一切功亏一篑
And now I find myself sitting here, destroying it all.
我不得不然 因为出赛将是违背上帝的律法
But I have to. To run would be against God’s law.
我错了
I was mistaken.
孩子 照目前的情况来看 你不可以出赛
My boy, as things stand, you must not run.
但是我希望你稍安勿躁
But I want you to hold your fire for a while, Liddell.
把一切都交给我吧
Leave everything to me.
什么都不用说 等我们到了巴黎再讲
Say nothing. Wait until we get to Paris.
我会跟法国人谈谈
I’ll have a word with the French.
我还是颇有影响力的
I’m not without a certain pull.
英法并肩作战 法国亏欠英国的太多了
And we fought in the war together, they do owe us something.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
那些法国人纪律散漫
They’re not a very principled lot, the Frogs.
但是面对你这样的情况 天晓得会怎样
But, when faced with a stand like yours, one never knows.
我说不定能有所斩获
I might get through.
搞不好可以说服他们
I just might possibly persuade them.
法国人又能帮上什么忙?
The French, sir? What can they do?
更改你资格赛的时间 晚安
Shift that bloody heat of yours, of course. Good evening.
晚安 先生
Goodbye, sir.
妈 我真希望你能看到 大伙儿在船上高昂的士气
I wish you could see, Ma, the wonderful spirit now we’ve left England.
哈洛德用钢琴弹奏 他最喜欢的一段歌♥剧
Harold on the piano, his beloved Gilbert and Sullivan.
大家天南地北的闲聊 唯独不聊赛跑的事
We’re all laughing and relaxing, and chatting about anything but running.
我们都很清楚 此番是代表英国而来
We’re here for Britain and we know it.
我此行是为了你和爸而来 希望能为你们争光
I’m here for you, Ma. You and Pa. I hope I do you proud.
船上的每一个人 都矢志为家乡全力以赴
There’s not a chap here who isn’t ready to burst his heart for all we’ve left behind.
“美国冠军抵达法国”
“American champions arrive in France.”
那是派杜克
There’s Paddock.
查尔斯派杜克
Charles Paddock.
– 是费屈 – 天啊
– There’s Fitch. – My God.
– 那是舒兹 – 果然是他
– And there’s Scholz. – Yes, that’s Scholz all right.
他体型和我差不多 但跑出十秒四的佳绩
A bit more my size. Mean with it, though. Ten point four.
你这下棋逢敌手了
Got your plate full there, Harold.
看来你将面临一番苦战
Battle on your hands, what?
查尔斯派杜克和杰克森舒兹
Charles H Paddock and Jackson Scholz,
世上跑得最快的人
the fastest men in the world.
查理 拿出点冠军的样子好吗?
Come on, Charlie. Do it like a champ, will ya?
加油 查理
Keep doin’ it like that, Charlie. Come on.
嗨 苏兹
Hey, Scholzy.
练到灰头土脸才能休息
Repeat till your brains are dusty. Come on.
查理 拿出点冠军的样子好吗?
Come on, Charlie. Do it like a champ.
– 怎么样? – 祝你好运
– Good luck, Andy. – Good luck, Harry.
蒙提
Monty.
殿下 这是代表纽西兰的 汤姆华森先生
Your Highness, may I introduce Mr. Tom Watson, representing New Zealand?
– 你倒是不远千里而来 – 我是从牛津来的 他们写信说
– You’ve come a long way. – I’m from Oxford, sir. They wrote to me.
既然我人在这儿不如来参赛
Said as I was here, I might as well take part.
– 这倒很方便 你能跑吗? – 尽力而为啰
– Economical. But can you run? – I’ll give it a try, sir.
这样就对了 祝你好运
– That’s the spirit. Best of luck to you. – Thank you, sir.
– 皇家祈福仪式 – 那小子真是无价之宝
– The royal benediction, no less. – The chap’s invaluable.
– 说得好ue4d1亨利五世的那套 – 蒙提 这是制式程序
– Hear, hear. Henry V and all that. – Protocol, Monty. Protocol.
他是来为我们做错误的示范
He’s here to show us what may be done – and more essentially, what may not be.
我是杰克森舒兹 你好吗?
I’m Jackson Scholz. How do you do?
我是艾利克里德
I’m Eric Liddell.
久仰久仰 很高兴终于跟你见面了
Well, we’ve heard a lot about you. It’s good to meet you at last.
– 里德 – 不好意思
– Ah, Liddell. – Excuse me.
我还担心你不会来呢
I was afraid you weren’t here.
我还是来了
I’m afraid I am, sir.
很好 对你大有好处 这样就可以让你放松一些
Fine. Do you good. Take you out of yourself a bit.
威尔斯亲王想跟你见一面
The Prince of Wales would like to meet you.
不 不
No. No.
这样不妥
No, sir. It wouldn’t be right.
他是英国未来的国王 你拒绝跟他握手吗?
Liddell, he is your future king. Are you refusing to shake his hand?
你真这么傲慢吗?
Does your arrogance extend that far?
我的傲慢与良心并驾齐驱
My arrogance, sir, extends just as far as my conscience demands.
很好
Fine.
不过你最好保持点弹性空间
Then let’s hope that’s wise enough to give you room for maneuver.
– 好吧 – 好极了 我带你去见他
– All right, sir. – Splendid. I’ll take you to him now.
王子殿下 请容我介绍 艾利克里德先生
Your Royal Highness, may I present Mr. Eric Liddell?
幸会 你为苏格兰出赛的情况 让我沮丧得无以复加
Delighted, Liddell. Delighted. I saw you play for Scotland. It depressed me no end.
– 你一个人就进了两分 – 没错
– Ran in a couple of tries from your own half. – I believe I did, sir.
很高兴你终于向我们这边靠拢 林西的表现很不错 是吧?
Nice to have you on the same side at last. Excellent effort of Lindsay’s, don’t you think?
– 他很出色 – 是我们大家的表率
– He did well, sir. He did indeed. – An example to us all.
请容我介绍我们的奥委会主席 索瑟兰公爵
May I introduce the Duke of Sutherland, president of our Olympic Association?
– 幸会 – 和主任委员卡杜根伯爵
– How do you do? – And our chairman, Lord Cadogan.
请坐
Have a seat.
别这么拘谨
Make yourself comfortable.
要抽雪茄吗?
Cigar?
对了 你不抽雪茄 也不喝酒
No, of course. You don’t. Nor drink.
两位 这位年轻人的意志力 非常坚定
Such is the resolution of the young man you have before you, gentlemen.
伯根海伯爵已经告诉我们
Lord Birkenhead has told us of your attitude towards
你对参加资格赛的疑虑
your participation in the 100 meters heats, Liddell.
– 应该是说你不愿参加资格赛 – 是的
– Would nonparticipation be more accurate? – It would, sir, yes.
我们讨论了 要如何与法国人商量这件事
We were consulted as to how we should approach the French.
我们绝对不能向法国佬 摇尾乞怜
Something we just can’t allow to happen, going cap in hand to the Frogs, of all people.
门儿都没有
Simply out of the question.
事关国家尊严 爱国如你者应该能谅解
A simple matter of national dignity. Being a patriot, I’m sure you understand.
我也觉得这个提议很不切实际
I must say, sir, I felt it was an impractical suggestion.
你为什么不早说?身为运动员 你应该明白省力精简的重要
Why didn’t you damn well say so? As an athlete, you value economy of effort.
我很想出赛 所以什么都愿意试试
I wanted to run. I was desperate enough to try anything.
既然有此共识 我们决定要请你来聊聊
All that being understood, we decided to invite you in for a little chat
看看能不能找到解决之道
to see if there’s any way we can resolve the situation.
只有一个解决之道 那就是他改变心意出赛
There’s only one to resolve it. That’s for him to change his mind and run.
这自然不在话下 我们得 想办法帮这个年轻人下定决心
Don’t state the obvious. We’ve to explore ways in which we can help him decide that.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!