人生没那么黑暗吧?
Life isn’t that gloomy, is it?
今晚没有
Not tonight.
你好美
You’re so beautiful.
你也是
Like you.
猪脚
Pigs’ trotters, sir.
天啊
My God.
伦敦 1923年
“飞跃苏格兰人号♥”列车 即将于二号♥月台进站
The train arriving at platform two is the overnight Flying Scotsman from Aberdeen.
里德先生 七点半了
7:30, Mr. Liddell. 7:30 on the dot.
这是热茶和土司
– There you are, sir. Hot tea and toast. – Great.
– 您睡得还好吧? – 睡得不省人事
– You sleep all right? – Like a log.
你一定没做亏心事
You must have a clear conscience.
– 差得远了 我们在哪里? – 刚国王十字车站
– Far from it. Are we here? – Aye, sir. Just pulled in. King’s Cross.
这是报纸 上面有您的照片 他们对您的期望很高
And here’s the paper, with your picture in. Expecting great things, from all accounts.
是吗?
Are they indeed?
– 这给你 – 谢谢你
– Here you are. – Much obliged, sir.
不用急 您一个小时后 才要下车 祝您好运
No hurry. You’ve got an hour before we kick you out. Good luck for this afternoon.
谢谢
– Thank you. – Come on, sir.
亚伯拉罕说”我准备好了”
亚伯拉罕先生 我这个苏格兰佬也准备好了
Aye, Mr. Abrahams. So’s the Scot.
亚伯拉罕先生
Mr. Abrahams?
里德先生
Mr. Liddell.
– 祝你马到成功 – 谢谢
– I’d like to wish you the best of success. – Thank you.
愿实力最强者脱颖而出
And may the best man win.
各就各位
Get to your marks.
预备
Get set.
了不起
Extraordinary.
哈洛德
Harold.
比赛输了犯不着如丧考妣
This is absolutely ridiculous. It’s a race you’ve lost, not a relative. Nobody’s dead.
打起精神来 你这样太幼稚了
For goodness’ sake, snap out of it, Harold. You’re behaving like a child.
– 我输了 – 我知道
– I lost. – I know.
我也在场看你比赛啊
I was there, remember? Watching.
太精彩了
It was marvelous.
你表现得太棒了
You were marvelous.
他更棒 实力最强的人赢了 也是应该的
He was more marvelous, that’s all. On the day, the best man won.
我不该看他的 这是最基本的 但我忍♥不住
I had to look for him. It’s absolutely fundamental. You never look.
他一路领先 赢得光明磊落
He was ahead. There was nothing you could’ve done. He won fair and square.
看来我的风光岁月到此为止
Well, that’s that, Abrahams.
– 既然输不起 这样也好 – 我赛跑不是为了要输
– If you can’t take a beating, it’s for the best. – I don’t run to take beatings.
我赛跑是为了要赢 若赢不了我就不跑
I run to win. If I can’t win, I won’t run.
你不跑就赢不了 想清楚再打电♥话♥给我
lf you don’t run, you can’t win. Give me a ring when you’ve sorted that one out. Sybil…
不要走
Don’t go.
– 我不知道该怎么办 – 你该长大了
– I just don’t know what to do. – Try growing up.
哈洛德
Harold.
你很了不起 赛跑时如天神般威风凛凛
You’re a great man. You ran like a god.
我以你为荣 不要让我以你为耻
I was proud of you. Don’t make me ashamed.
让我耿耿于怀的不是落败
It’s not the losing, Syb.
艾利克里德是个好人 和一名出色的跑者 问题在我
Eric Liddell’s a fine man and a fine runner. It’s me.
我辛苦了这么久
After all that work,
现在我还能有什么目标呢?
now, God knows, what do I aim for?
下一次比赛时击败他
Beating him the next time.
我的能力已经到了极限
Sybil, I can’t run any faster.
亚伯拉罕先生
Mr. Abrahams.
我可以再让你进步两码
I can find you another two yards.
人称”加州炮弹”的 查理派杜克
Charlie Paddock. Californian Cannonball.
世上最快的跑者 1920年奥♥运♥ 一百米金牌 他的成绩是?
World’s fastest human. Winner, 100 meters, Olympic Games, 1920, Antwerp. Time?
十秒三
Ten point three.
“纽约闪电”杰克森舒兹
Jackson Scholz, the New York Thunderbolt.
1920年奥♥运♥银牌 因分心向右看而落败
Runner-up, Olympic Games, 1920. Lost by looking right.
终点时派杜克抢先一步 先驰得点 看到了吗?
Look, here’s the finish. You see? Paddock, leaping past him at the tape?
稍一分心 就让舒兹与金牌擦身而过
That glance cost Scholz the race.
– 舒兹最好的成绩是? – 十秒三ue4d1四
– Scholz’s fastest? – Ten point three… Four.
你对艾利克里德应该明白若指掌
Eric Liddell. Well, you know all about him.
我要你分分秒秒都想着他们
Look at them. Think them. Breathe them.
我要你每次闭上眼 就看到他们的脸
I want their faces leering at you every time you shut your eyes.
第一个就是飞跃的苏格兰人 一定会锥心刺骨
The Flying Scotsman first. That bloody hurt.
他不是你的问题
What, Eric Liddell? Well, he’s no real problem.
他是名出色的跑者 但适合跑长距离
He’s a great runner, but he needs to go further out. He’s no 100 meters man.
– 我可不这么觉得 – 他的速度是很快
– Could’ve fooled me. – Yeah, he’s fast.
但他短跑时没有进步空间 他赛跑时全凭胆量
But he won’t go any faster, not in the dash, anyway. He’s a gut runner.
他很有心 全神贯注 短跑凭的是神经本能
He’s all heart. Digs deep. A short sprint is run on nerves.
– 最适合神经兮兮的人 – 多谢哦
– It’s tailor-made for neurotics. – Thanks.
有胆的可以威吓 可以操 但神经质可以磨练
You can push guts, bully them, but you can hone nerves.
派杜克 舒兹和艾利克里德
Paddock, Scholz and Eric Liddell.
过来一下
Come here a minute, Mr. Abrahams.
你知道你那天为什么会输吗?
Now, do you know why you lost the other day?
因为你的步幅过大 步幅多了两寸
Because you’re overstriding. Just a couple of inches. Now…
这些硬币代表 你跑百米时的步伐
These coins represent the strides in your hundred meters.
你还有两枚硬币吗?
Have you got another two coins, Mr. Abrahams?
也许我们能找得到它们
Well, maybe we can find them.
诚如我所说 你步幅过大
As I said, overstriding.
这是短跑选手的致命伤 每跑一步就遭受一记重击
Death to the sprinter. Slap in the face each stride you take.
迫你落后
Knocks you back.
像那样
Like that.
那样
Like that.
和那样
And that.
现在ue4d1
Now…
假想自己跑在滚烫的砖头上
I want you to imagine you’re running on hot bricks.
脚踩在地上就会灼伤 要像羽毛般轻盈
lf you leave your feet on the ground, they’ll get burnt. Up, up, up. Light, light, light. Light as a feather.
预备
Set.
头不要向后仰 颈部伸直 再来一次
No. Not your head back again. Get it level. Go and do it again.
这样才对嘛
That’s it.
快一点
Faster.
追过这辆车 加油
Pass the car. Go on.
快点 抬头挺胸
Come on, now. Keep it up, come on.
亚伯拉罕先生 注意节奏
Rhythm, Mr. Abrahams, rhythm.
你满脑子都是集训 你对我们的工作到底有没有心?
Training, training. All I ever hear is training. Do you believe in what we’re doing here or not?
珍妮 我很抱歉
Look, Jennie, I’m sorry.
我迟到了 我道歉
I was late. I apologize.
– 说得容易啊 – 我已经道过歉了
– That’s all very well, Eric. – Look, I said I was sorry.
你是对我道歉 但被你羞辱的人不是我
To me. It’s not me you’ve insulted.
别唠叨了 我赶不上公车 上帝不会生气的
Away with your bother. The Lord won’t feel slighted at the missing of a bus.
你为什么没有赶上公车? 你的心已经不在这里了
Yes, Eric, you missed a bus. But why? Your mind’s not with us anymore, son.
你只想着赛跑夺标
It’s full of running and starting and medals.
– 你根本一刻都静不下来 – 珍妮 珍妮
It’s so full, you’ve no room for standing still. Jennie, Jennie, Jennie.
你别担心了
Don’t fret yourself.
我是很担心
I do fret myself, Eric.
我为你忧虑
I’m frightened for you.
我担心这一切对你的影响
I’m frightened for what it all might do to you.
能不能帮我签名?
Please, Mr. Liddell. Would you sign your name, please?
没问题
Surely.
挑枝笔吧
You want to pick yourself a pen?
– 行了 – 谢谢
– There you are. – Thanks.
我们去散散步 我有话跟你说
Come on, Jennie, let’s go for a walk. I’ve got something to say.
这里景色很美吧?
It’s a sight and a half, isn’t it, Jennie?
我真舍不得离开这里
Auld Reekie. I’ll be sad to leave it.
我已经决定了
I’ve decided.
我要回中国 教会已经同意了
I’m going back to China. The missionary service have accepted me.
我好高兴
I’m so pleased.
不过这之前我还有好几场比赛
But I’ve got a lot of running to do first.
珍妮
Jennie.
珍妮 你要明白
Jennie, you’ve got to understand.
我相信上帝赋予我一项任务
I believe that God made me for a purpose.
它要我去中国
For China.
但它也赐给我健步如飞的本钱
But he also made me fast.
我飞奔时感受到它的喜悦
And when I run, I feel his pleasure.
放弃赛跑无异于藐视上帝
To give it up would be to hold him in contempt.
你说得对
You were right.
赛跑不只是为了好玩
It’s not just fun.
获胜就是荣耀它
To win is to honor him.
珍妮
Jennie.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!