– Which one is you? – There’s me with the curls. On his back.
他什么都不缺
He wanted for nothing.
而我进入全国最好的大学
And here am I, setting up shop in the finest university in the land.
但我父亲忘了一件事
But the old man forgot one thing.
他热爱的英国是由基♥督♥徒 和盎格鲁萨克逊人组成的
This England of his is Christian and Anglo-Saxon.
他们也是英国的权力阶层
And so are her corridors of power.
他们的追随者则虎视眈眈 满怀怨毒的捍卫权力阶层
And those who stalk them guard them with jealousy and venom.
你选法律系是明智之举 你口才真好
You’re right to study law. You’re quite an advocate.
空谈是咱们犹太人难得的优点
A rare ethnic advantage. It’s called the gift of the gab.
现在怎么办? 打落牙齿和血吞?
So what now? Grin and bear it?
不 艾伯瑞
No, Aubrey.
我要和他们正面交锋 各个击破
I’m going to take them on. All of them. One by one.
让他们一败涂地
And run them off their feet.
“英国拥抱短跑好手 特派员报导”
“England beckons for sprint blue. From our special correspondent.”
“剑桥好手亚伯拉罕 大演拿手好戏”
“Clean sweep for Cambridge star. Abrahams hat trick.” “From our special correspondent.”
剑桥大学4X100米接力决赛
苏格兰对法国
阁下想必是穆沙♥比♥尼先生
Mr. Mussabini, I believe.
我是约翰肯迪上校 我是ue4d1
My name’s Colonel John Keddie. I’m…
苏格兰业余运动员协会主席 我知道 幸会
President of the Scottish Three As. I know, and I’m glad to know you, sir.
你的脚还好吧?你摔得很惨
How’s the leg? Nasty fall you took.
祝你好运
Good luck.
我们很欢迎你 但我们恪守业余规定
You’re very welcome here, of course, but we do have a strict amateur code.
别担心 我只是来观赛的
Colonel, don’t worry your head. I’m here spectating, that’s all.
那就好 我知道你一定会谅解的
Good. I felt sure you would understand.
比赛要开始了 希望阁下看得尽兴
Well, to battle. I hope you enjoy the games.
尽兴?阁下真爱说笑 这些人简直是一盘散沙
Games? You must be joking. I’ve seen better-organized riots.
苏格兰加油
Come on, Scotland.
法国万岁
诸位 请就位
Gentlemen, get to your marks.
预备
Get set.
孩子 快起来
Get up, lad. Get up.
他不行的
He’ll never do it.
那可不一定
Don’t you believe it. His head’s not back yet.
加油 艾利克
Come on, Eric.
退后 让他透透气
Get back. Give him air.
干得好 艾利克
Well done, Eric, son. Well done.
他待会儿就好了 我去帮他拿衣服
He’ll be right in ajiffy. I’ll away and get his clothes.
麦葛斯先生 好好照顾这孩子
You take good care of this lad of yours, Mr. McGrath.
你若失去他 就再也找不到这样的好手
Because if you drop him, you’ll never find another one like this.
这不是我看过最精彩的 四百码赛跑
It’s not the prettiest quarter I’ve ever seen, Mr. Liddell,
但却是最勇敢的 扶他起来 轻一点
but certainly the bravest. Get him up. Come on, gently.
搀扶好
Keep your arm around.
穆沙♥比♥尼先生
Mr. Mussabini.
你是亚伯拉罕先生吧?
Mr. Abrahams, is it?
你跑了三百哩来看我?
So you’ve traveled 300 mile just to see me?
我是来看你和里德的 听说你们都是出类拔萃的好手
You and Liddell. I’d heard you were both the best.
– 你现在又怎么想? – 艾利克·里德?
– And what do you think now? – Eric Liddell?
我从来没有看过 求胜意志如此旺盛的跑者
I’ve never seen such drive, such commitment in a runner.
他跑起来像野兽一般 让我望之丧胆
He runs like a wild animal. He unnerves me.
那当然 我也被他吓得半死
So he should. He frightens the living daylights out of me.
我要你帮我对付他
Yes, well, I want you to help me take him on.
– 你结婚了吗? – 没有 为什么?
– Tell me, Mr. Abrahams, are you married? – No. Why?
万一你的女友开口向你求婚 你会做何感想?
Well, when the right girl comes along, how will you feel if she pops the question?
亚伯拉罕先生 就像新郎一样
You see, Mr. Abrahams, like the bridegroom,
开口的应该是教练
it’s the coach that should do the asking.
穆沙♥比♥尼先生
Mr. Mussabini,
我跑得很快
I can run fast.
有你帮忙我能跑得更快 也许比任何人都快
With your help, I think I can run even faster. Perhaps faster than any man ever ran.
我要夺得奥♥运♥金牌
I want that Olympic medal.
我知道奥♥运♥金牌正在等我
Now, I can see it there, it’s waiting for me,
但是我一个人办不到
but I can’t get it on my own.
干我们这一行的有句老话-
Well, we’ve an old saying in my game, son –
先天不足 再怎么努力也没用
you can’t put in what God’s left out.
交给我吧
Now, you leave it to me.
我会好好观察你 若觉得我能帮得上忙-
I’ll watch you, I’ll observe, and if I think I can help –
若我认为你有夺牌潜力 我不会浪费时间的
if I can see the big prize hanging there – believe me, I won’t waste any time.
到时若有缘再聚 开口恳求的人将会是我
When we meet again, I’ll be the one that does the begging.
– 你会看我赛跑? – 若你实力够好
– So you will watch me? – Son, if you’re good enough,
我会狠狠的操你
I’ll take you apart piece by bloody piece.
谢谢
Thank you.
– 她很迷人吧? – 美极了
– Didn’t I tell you? Isn’t she a peach? – She’s magnificent.
– 我觉得很顺利 – 我懂得不多 但非常尽兴
– I think it went rather well. – I must say I’m enjoying it.
– 那你呢? – 我唱的歌♥剧更精彩
– What about you, JB? – I’ve done better productions myself.
– 我好像没看过 – 铁汉动心了
– I don’t remember seeing any. – So the stone heart’s frail.
– 亚伯拉罕被迷昏了? – 他被迷得晕头转向
– Abrahams is smitten? – Smitten? He’s decapitated.
– 根本没法跟他讲道理 – 那小子恋爱了
– He won’t listen to reason. – The lad’s in love.
我崇拜了她好多年
He’s just set eyes on her. I’ve worshipped her for years.
– 他现在在哪里? – 去请她共进晚餐
– By the way, where is he now? – He’s gone to ask her out to dinner.
– 真的吗? – 中场休息时跑去找她?
– Has he, by Jove? – In the interval?
谢谢 这应该是我的吧?
– Thank you. Mine, I take it? – Ah, Harold.
真棒
Lovely.
– 怎样? – 什么怎样?
– Well? – Well what?
– 你跟她说话了吗? – 说了
– Did you speak to her? – Yes.
– 她来不来? – 来
– Is she coming? – Yes.
– 吃晚饭? – 对
– To dinner? – Yes.
她的小♥弟♥弟♥是运动员 据说一天到晚讲我的事
Her kid brother, athletics-mad, never stops talking about me.
蒙提 我的杯子给你 你会需要的
Monty, you’d better have my glass. I’ve a feeling you’re going to need it.
抱歉 蒙提
Sorry, Monty.
好的 谢谢你 我会的
Yes, thank you very much, sir. Yes, of course I will, sir.
晚安 戈登小姐 听说你今晚又博得满堂采
Good evening, Miss Gordon. A triumph, I hear.
你真坏 应该进来才对
Very naughty. You should have come in.
那个人是谁?
Who was that chap over there?
星报的乐评人 一个无聊的老家伙
Music critic of the Star. Boring old buffer, really.
– 他似乎听得很尽兴 – 我看不太可能
– He obviously enjoyed it. – I shouldn’t think so.
这种人都是口蜜腹剑 我觉得今晚演出有点失常
They always say that. They save the poison for the print. A bit off tonight, I thought.
– 什么?我觉得你棒透了 – 多谢夸奖
– What? You were magnificent. – Thank you.
我的伴唱被人搞大肚子
One of our little maids has gone and got herself preggers with a gondolier.
今天只好找人代替她上场
We had to shove her second on tonight. The trio…
– 戈登小姐 照旧吗? – 谢谢你了 塔菲
– Your usual, Miss Gordon? – Thank you, Toffy.
那您呢 先生?
– And you, sir. – Thank you.
这是田径名将亚伯拉罕先生 他要尝尝你们的特调佳酿
This is Mr. Abrahams, a very famous runner. He’s trying your special for the first time.
– 希望您会喜欢 – 一定会的
– I hope you enjoy it, sir. – I’m sure I shall.
尝尝看
Well, go on, then.
这是塔菲用秘密配方调制的 招牌鸡尾酒
It’s a secret concoction of Toffy’s, a sort of cocktail de maison.
你最好喝得吮指回味
So you’d jolly well better enjoy it.
– 好极了 – 塔菲 你听
– Excellent. – There, Toffy.
你又多了一个一辈子的好朋友
You’ve won yourself a friend for life.
我要点我最爱吃的那道菜
My favorite, please.
– 来两份 – 没问题
– For two. – My pleasure.
我到底点了什么菜?
What have I ordered?
不告诉你 干杯
Surprise. Cheerio.
赫赫有名的哈洛德亚伯拉罕 我弟弟一定会嫉妒死
Well, the great Harold Abrahams. My brother will be insanely jealous.
我弟弟也会嫉妒我
So will mine.
– 你看起来不怎么无情 – 我该无情吗?
– You don’t look very ruthless. – Should I?
我弟说你正因为冷酷无情 才会所向披靡
According to my brother. Tim says that’s why you always win.
– 你为什么选择赛跑? – 你为什么选择唱歌♥?
– Why running? – Why singing?
这是我的工作
It’s my job.
这样说太傻了 我唱歌♥是因为我热爱唱歌♥
No, that’s silly. I do it because I love it.
– 你喜欢赛跑吗? – 应该说是沉迷其中
– Do you love running? – I’m more of an addict.
赛跑是一种冲动 一项武器
It’s a compulsion. A weapon.
– 对抗什么的武器? – 对抗我身为犹太人的身份
– Against what? – Being Jewish, I suppose.
你不是认真的吧?
You’re not serious?
你不是犹太人 不然就不会这么问了
You’re not Jewish, or you wouldn’t ask.
胡说! 人们才不在乎呢
Fiddlesticks. People don’t care.
总而言之 身为犹太人对你无害处
Anyway, being Jewish hasn’t done you any harm.
我是所谓的”半弱势族群”
I’m what I call “semideprived.”
好深奥 什么意思?
That sounds clever. What does it mean?
这表示他们带我到水边 但不准我喝水
It means they lead me to water, but they won’t let me drink.
哈洛德亚伯拉罕先生 你真会说笑
You’re a funny old stick, Mr. Harold Abrahams.
你爱说笑话 但很迷人
Funny, but fascinating.
光是迷人就让我心满意足了
I’ll settle for the fascinating.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!