She does it.
什么样的镜子
What kind of mirror?
我们扶着你 埃斯科 你扶好了
We’ll hold on to you, Esco, you hold on.
我扶稳了
I got her.
有我们扶着你
We got you.
看见什么了吗
See anything?
-我不知道 -我试过好多次
– I don’t know. – I tried many a time.
想找我儿子会回家的迹象
Lookin’ for a sign my boys were comin’ home.
我什么玩意儿也没看见
I never saw a dickey bird.
你没事吧 艾达
Are you all right? Ada?
怎么了 发生了什么
What? What happened?
你看见了什么 你看见了什么
What’d you see? What’d you see?
“昨天 我看到你朝我走来
“Yesterday, I saw you walkin’ back to me…
或者我以为我看到了
“Or thought I did.
我趴在莎莉·斯万格家的井边
“I found myself crouching over Sally Swanger’s well…
像一个疯女人 凝视着它的秘密
“Like a mad woman staring into its secrets.
我看到向我走来的那个身影是你吗
“Was it you I saw walking home to me,
还是你的鬼魂
“or was it your ghost?
过了这么久 我知道我必须学会自力更生
“After so long, I know I must learn to survive on my own
接受你不会回来的事实
“and accept you will not return.
然而我不能 我做不到”
And yet I cannot. I cannot.”
那些奶牛需要挤奶了
Them cows wants milkin’.
如果那封信不是那么紧急
If that letter ain’t urgent,
那就该先给奶牛挤奶
them cows is is what I’m sayin’.
我不认识你
I don’t know you.
斯万格家的说你需要帮助
Old lady Swanger says you need help.
我就来了
Here I am.
我是需要帮助 但我需要的是…
I… I need help, but… I need…
我确实需要帮助 但我要的是一个劳工
I do need help, but I need a laborer.
要犁地 和干粗活
There’s… There’s plowing and rough work.
我想这其中是有什么误会
I think there’s been a misunderstanding.
那个耙子是做什么用的
What’s that rake for?
耙子
The rake?
肯定不是种花用的
Well, it ain’t for gardenin’, that’s for sure.
第一 你有马吗
Number one, you got a horse?
我可以犁一整天的地 我能干活
I can plow all day. I’m a worker.
第二 没有男人比得上我
Number two, ain’t no man better’n me,
因为这里的男人
’cause there ain’t no man around
要么年纪大 要么就是祸害
who ain’t old or full of mischief.
我知道你的困境
I know your plight.
我的困境
My plight?
我的话有那么难听懂吗
Am I hard to hear?
因为你一直在重复我的每一句话
‘Cause you keep repeatin’ everything.
我不是为了钱
I ain’t lookin’ for money.
我从来不在乎钱 再说现在钱也一文不值了
I never cared for it and now it ain’t worth nothin’.
我只想要个住宿和吃饭的地方 要在同一张桌上吃
I expect to board and eat, at the same table.
我不是仆人 你懂我的意思吧
I ain’t a servant, if you get my meanin’.
你不是仆人
You’re not a servant.
我的意思是 你必须要自己倒夜壶
People’s gonna have to empty their own night jars is my point.
而且我也不希望我工作时
And I don’t expect to work
你在旁边只是坐着看
whilst you sit around and watch, neither.
好吧
Right.
“好吧” 你这是同意还是不同意
Right. Is that a yes or a no?
那里有只公鸡
There’s a rooster.
我很确定它就是个魔鬼
He’s the devil, I’m sure of it.
我一靠近它 它就用爪子刺我
I go near him and he is at me with his spurs.
它就是恶魔路西法
He’s Lucifer himself.
我厌恶会攻击人的公鸡
I despise a floggin’ rooster.
不 我建议你不要…
Oh, no, I wouldn’t…
我叫露比·修斯 我知道你叫什么
My name’s Ruby Thewes. I know your name.
我们把它煮了吧
Let’s put him in a pot.
你是我的天使 我的蝴蝶
You’re my angel, my butterfly.
飞走吧
Come fly away.
我的爱…
My love…
上帝请原谅我这么做
God forgive me for doin’ this.
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
我要送你去一个更好的地方
I’m sendin’ you to a better place.
你飞走吧
You go fly away.
别那么做
Don’t do that.
别扣扳机 我是信奉上帝的人
Don’t pull that trigger. I’m a man of God.
我杀过好几个这样的人
I killed several of them.
我是说我是个牧师
I mean I’m God’s minister.
把女人扔进峡谷 难道也是上帝的旨意吗
What part of God’s business is throwin’ a woman down a gorge?
是女奴隶
A slave woman.
你在这种光线下能看见出来吗
Can you see that in this light?
她和焦油一样黑
Black as a bucket of tar.
-她死了吗 -没有 我给她下了药
– Is she dead? – No, I drugged her.
就像你会对蝴蝶做的那样
Like you would a butterfly.
我喜欢她 这正是让人心碎之处
And I care for her. That’s the heartbreak of it.
她肚子里怀了我的种
She’s got my bastard in her belly.
快点
Come on.
后退
Back up.
-我求你了 -混♥蛋♥
– I’m beggin’ you. – Git.
我宁愿你一枪爆了我的头 也不要回到这里
It’s better you blow out my brains than return me to this place.
你要把她放回她睡觉的地方
You’re gonna put her back where she sleeps.
如果我那么做 教♥徒♥们会用私刑处死我
I do that, the members will lynch me
因为我在担任他们的牧师时 搞出了私生子
for sirin’ a bastard while servin’ as their preacher.
我们是一个严格的教会
We’re a strict congregation.
曾有人因为在安息日拉小提琴都被惩罚过
We’ve churched men for pickin’ up a fiddle on the Sabbath.
所以你就想杀了她吗
So you reckon to kill her?
怎么 就因为她是奴隶吗
What, because she’s a slave?
我…
I…
你从后门离开吧 可怜可怜我
There’s a back door. Have pity.
谢谢
Thank you.
我本来要犯下一个大错
I was gonna do a grievous wrong.
我觉得我应该回到我妻子身边
I think I should go back up to my wife.
微小的声音都能吵醒她
She wakes at the slightest noise.
哪里有纸和铅笔
Where’s some paper and a pencil?
嘿 艾达
Hey, Ada!
你起了吗
You up?
起了
Yes.
怎么了 天还没亮
Wha…? It’s still dark.
跟奶牛说这话去吧 已经很晚了
Tell that to the cows. It’s late.
你都准备好了吗
You all set?
我只是得吃点东西
Oh, I-I just have to eat somethin’.
那你应该起得更早
Well, then, you got to get up earlier.
那是什么
What’s that?
小说
A novel.
你想带书的话 就带一本你可以写的书
You wanna carry a book, carry one you can write in.
我们有自己的故事
We got our own story.
叫作《黑山坳农场:如灾难一般》
It’s called Black Cove Farm: Catastrophe.
我也能拼得出来”灾难”这词
I can spell it, too.
和你一样在学校里学的
Learned it the same place you did, in the schoolhouse.
那是他们最先教会我的几个词之一
One of the first words they taught me.
“露比·修斯 你就是个灾难”
“Ruby Thewes, you are a c-a-t-a-s-t-r-o-p-h-e,”
我上了三年学 然后我爸…
Three years I was in school, before my daddy…
说「愿他的灵魂安息」
Sayin’ God rest his soul
相当于说「愿他如活着时一般安逸」
is like wishin’ him what he had in life.
他生来就为休息 出生时就累到了
He lived to rest, He was born tired,
他决定 更好地利用我
He decided… better use for me
而不是让我整天坐在黑板前
than havin’ me sat all day in front of a chalkboard.
第一 开垦一块菜园 种冬季蔬菜
Number one, lay out a winter garden for cool-season crops.
要种萝卜 洋葱 白菜
Turnips right there, onions, cabbage.
卷心菜
Collards.
第二 把屋顶修好
Number two, patch the shingles on the barn roof.
我们有槌子和长斧吗
Have we got a maul and frow?
-槌子 -槌子 木槌的槌
– Maul? – Maul, M-a-u-l.
第三 把这块地翻了
Number three, clear and turn this field.
没理由荒废了 现在我们会好好耕种
No harm done lettin’ it go, now we’ll do well.
第十五
Number 15…
-第十六… -第十六

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章单身男子
下一篇文章超能查派
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!