Now they suspect you of understanding all that was said.
-阿曼多 我们回马戏团吧 -不 不行 不行
-Armando, let’s go back to the circus. -No, no, no.
哦 不 我要回去
Oh, no, please.
不行 他们首先就会去那找
No, that’s the first place they’ll look.
我们可以做的只有一件事 我回去自首
Here’s what we’ll do. I’ll go to the police.
-噢 不 不要 -这是唯一的方法
-Oh, no, no! -It’s the only way!
我会说…我没找到你
I’ll say that… that I couldn’t find you.
那个…你之前就跑了
That… you’ve run away before.
刚才那么多的市民把你吓跑了
That big cities frighten you.
但是 阿曼多 我能去哪呢
But, Armando, where would I go?
你就等在这 如果这样说能行 我天黑时就回来
You wait right here! If this works, I’ll be back by nightfall.
但是如果他们不让你走怎么办
But what if they don’t let you go?
喔 他们会的 他们会放人的
Oh, they will. They will.
不过以防万一 如果我到那时还没回来…
But just in case, if I am not back by then…
瞧 从这里的楼梯走下去可以到隧♥道♥通向港口
Now, these steps go down to a tunnel that leads to the harbor.
在晚上经常有一船一船的猩猩卸载
Cargoes of apes are frequently unloaded at night.
-你必须想法混进去 -但是 阿曼多
-You must try to infiltrate one of them. -But, Armando…
从海外进口的猩猩刚到时都光屁♥股♥
Apes imported from overseas arrive naked,
所以你要把这些衣服脱了
so you’ll have to get rid of these clothes.
-不要 我可不想那样 -我们必须要做两手准备
-Well, I don’t want to. -We must have an alternate plan!
现在 对你唯一安全的隐藏地
Right now, the only safe hiding place for you
就是混在你的同类里
is among your own kind.
不用很久我就回来
I shouldn’t be long.
你为什么说”人类”
Why would you say ”human”?
一个人对着另一个人说”人类” 这很不正常
”Human.” That’s a very odd thing for another human being to say.
我没说”人类” 州长先生 我说的是”人♥渣♥”
I didn’t say ”human,” Mr Governor. I said ”inhuman.”
卑鄙下流的人♥渣♥混♥蛋♥
Lousy inhuman bastards.
仁慈的天主教导我们要爱众生
And by the blessed St Francis, who loved all animals,
我是这意思
I meant it.
-你想想看 我是运营马戏团的…-我们知道
-You see, I run a circus… -We know that.
20年前就知道
From 20 years back.
自从那时那对会说话的猩猩来到地球
Since the talking apes arrived on Earth
生出了一只对人类的未来
and conceived a baby whose survival could
构成威胁的小猩猩
have threatened the future of the human race.
州长先生
Mr Governor,
据我所知那只小猩猩已经和它的父母一起被枪毙了
I understand the baby was shot dead with its parents.
以前大家都相信是这样 麦克唐纳
Or so it was believed, Mr MacDonald.
但是 今天早上的事
However, since this morning,
使我开始怀疑他们以前是否没杀对那只小猩猩
I’m beginning to wonder if they shot the right baby.
那两只猩猩可能把它们的孩子和动物园的猩猩调包了
The apes could have switched their baby with one from the zoo.
或者和马戏团的猩猩调包吧
Or perhaps a circus.
真是想当然 州长大人 您不是认真的吧
Surely, Mr Governor, you can’t be serious!
霍士金斯 请拿录像
Hoskyns, the cassette, please.
这段录像是总统委员会主席
These are the recommendations made to the then president of the United States
给美国总统的报告
by the chairman of the Presidential Committee.
我们相信这对会说话的猩猩配偶 考尼斯和兹瑞
And we believe that the male and female talking apes, Cornelius and Zira,
是从未来穿越而来的
have come to us out of the future.
我们相信它们所说的证言 大约两千年以后
We believe their spoken testimony, that some 2,000 years hence,
它们的后裔会拥有地球的一切 而人类被消灭
their descendants will have all but exterminated the human race from Earth.
而且我们知道这只雌猩猩现在怀了小孩
And we know that the female ape is now pregnant with child.
因此委员会建议
The commission therefore recommends
不能让这只雌猩猩的孩子出生
that the birth of the female ape’s unborn child should be prevented
而且这对猩猩
and that both the male and the female
应当消灭以免繁衍出其他的猩猩
should be rendered incapable of begetting another.
但是 州长大人 每一个动物园
But, Mr Governor, every zoo,
公立的私人的 警♥察♥都搜查过了
public and private, was searched by the police,
马戏团也一样 包括我的
and every circus, including my own.
但是一只小黑猩猩被发现
But a small chimpanzee was found.
那是在我的马戏团出生的唯一一只猩猩
The only one ever to be born in a circus,
有合法许可而且已经出生一个月了
and legally certified to have been born a month –
在会说话的猩猩来到地球前一个月
a month -before the talking apes arrived on earth.
-那它现在在哪 -我也想知道啊 我到处在找他
-Where is he now? -I wish I knew. I’ve searched everywhere.
阿曼多先生
Se駉r Armando!
让我提醒你…
Let me remind you…
问题的严重性
of the seriousness of our problem.
现在
Now.
-你的马戏团主要在这个州里巡回表演 -是 长官
-Your circus travels mainly in the provinces? -Yes, sir.
那么 可以肯定地说 你还不知道
Then, undoubtedly, you are unaware of the rising tide of disobedience,
在我们城市里的猩猩仆人中
the outright defiance,
公开反抗和挑战人类的潮流正在抬头
among the servant apes in our cities.
州长大人 根据调查
Mr Governor, on investigation,
大部分罪行被证实是轻微的
many of the offenses have been proved minor.
昨天晚上一只猩猩在逃跑途中杀人了
The ape killed while trying to escape from the city last night,
你认为它的罪行轻微吗 麦克唐纳
Would you call his offense minor?
不 长官 我不会
No, sir, I would not.
它对它自己的主人发起身体袭击
He physically assaulted his own master.
但只是在被严重激怒后做的
But only after what must have been severe provocation.
这只猩猩身体上遍布被毒打留下的鞭痕和瘀伤
The ape’s body was covered with welts and bruises inflicted by a beating.
人打动物 天经地义
Which he no doubt richly deserved.
在它们当中 还有多少只会象那只猩猩一样
How many more of them out there are just like that ape?
它们怒火中烧
All burning with resentment.
也许它们在等待 等待一只
Or waiting. Waiting for an ape
有足够智力和决心的猩猩来领导它们
with enough intelligence, with enough will, to lead them.
这只猩猩有思想 能说话
Waiting for an ape who can think. Who can talk.
阿曼多先生
Se駉r Armando,
在你面前你的猩猩是否曾说过话
has your ape ever talked
或者表现出任何能够清楚发音的迹象吗
or shown any signs of being articulate in your presence?
在我面前从没有过 在其他人面前也没有过
Never in my presence, or anyone else’s.
你可以询问我马戏团的助手啊
You can question my circus hands.
我们会的
We intend to.
与此同时 你将被拘留
Meanwhile, you will remain in custody.
507批货物来自印度尼西亚婆罗洲 代号♥I
Shipment 507, I for Indonesia, ex-Borneo,
现在到达2号♥门
now arriving at gate number two.
509批货物来自非洲喀麦隆 代号♥A
Shipment 509, A for Africa, ex-French Cameroons,
现在到达4号♥门
now arriving at number four gate.
在录指纹后
After fingerprinting,
来自印度尼西亚婆罗洲代号♥为I的507批货物
shipment 507, I for Indonesia, ex-Borneo,
将直接关到90号♥笼子
will proceed direct to conditioning cage 90.
在录指纹后
After fingerprinting,
来自印度尼西亚婆罗洲代号♥为I的507批货物
shipment 507, I for Indonesia, ex-Borneo,
将直接关到90号♥笼子
will proceed direct to conditioning cage 90.
移♥民♥署全体人员须知 另行通知前
Immigration personnel are reminded that, until further notice,
警方要求对猩猩的指纹附加做一份备份
police have requested one additional copy of all chimpanzee fingerprints
以供档案之用
for their files.
重复 移♥民♥署全体人员须知 另行通知前
Repeat: immigration personnel are reminded that until further notice,
警方要求对猩猩的指纹附加做一份备份
police have requested one additional copy of
以供档案之用
all chimpanzee fingerprints for their files.

Do!
下一只
Next!

No!

No!

No!
-它们有点傲慢 我还没给它们喂食呢 -进去
-They’re a bit uppity. I haven’t fed them yet. -Come on!
关掉
Switch off.
打开
Switch on.
你以前看到过这只猩猩吗
Have you seen this ape before?
这是不是…考尼斯
Isn’t it… Cornelius?
你不是不认识它吗
I thought you didn’t know him?
但…但是你自己告诉我的啊
B-But you told me yourself.
这只会说话的猩猩被杀害了…
T-The talking ape that was murdered…
-是处决 -处决
-Executed. -Executed.
-你说这两张象吗 -噢 不象
-Would you say there’s a resemblance? -Oh, no.
看仔细点
Look very carefully.
-有其父必有其子 是吧 -不 不象
-Like father, like son, eh? -No. No!
你最好和我们合作
You’d do well to cooperate with us.
我-我…我可以…我可以喝杯水吗
I-l… Could l… Could I please have a glass of water?

Do.
不对
No!

Do.
不对
No!
不对

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章落水狗
下一篇文章疤面煞星
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!