汤姆认为唐尼
Tom felt that Towne could bring
罗伯特·唐尼
可以解决人物角色的问题”
some character things to it.”
我要怎么跟
Well, how do you convey this
跟我的…伙伴交代
to your… pal?
“大卫 好消息是我们可以开始拍摄了
“Dave, the good news is we’re making the picture.
坏消息是你被解雇了”
The bad news is you’re fired.”
就这样 我们终于开始拍摄电影了
So, we’re getting to make the movie,
但我一直和大卫保持联络
but I’m keeping in touch with Dave.
告诉他拍摄的进展
I’m telling him everything that’s going on.
我不是很满意鲍勃·唐尼的工作
I’m not happy with what Bob Towne is doing.
唐尼的态度就是要重写整个剧本
Towne’s attitude basically was to rewrite the whole script,
这个想法是错的
which was wrong.
当时的情况就是
And I’m getting to a point where
我们搭了很多场景 但是不知道
we’re building sets and we don’t know
这些场景能不能用在电影中
if these are in the movie or not.
到了最后
What happened ultimately was that
我非常直白地告诉他们
I had made it quite evident to them
我们不能按照唐尼的剧本进行拍摄
that we could not go with this Towne script.
必须让大卫回来并且重写剧本
Dave had to come back and rewrite the script.
当时我真的是有一个编剧在一个酒店工作
I literally had one screenwriter
另一个编剧在另一个酒店工作
in one hotel and another screenwriter
两人同时进行写作
in another hotel writing simultaneously.
编剧
大卫·克普
罗伯特·唐尼
我在此前的电影生涯中
Never in my history of making movies
从来没有做过这样的事情
has this ever happened to me.
《碟中谍》原本设定的是在美国
Mission: Impossible was originally set
然后我说
in the United States and I said,
“汤姆 这可是《碟中谍》
“Tom, this is Mission: Impossible.
我们可以满世界拍”
We can go all over the world.”
我们有这样的一个超级电影明星
You know, there are these big, huge movie stars
各个国家都拼命想要出现在这部电影里
and all these countries are dying to be in this.
因为汤姆希望能够主演《碟中谍》
Because Tom wanted to star in Mission: Impossible
而《碟中谍》
and because Mission: Impossible
“碟中谍” (1966-1973)
原本是一个关于特工小组的故事
is basically about a team of specialists.
我们要做的就是把它变成一部汤姆·克鲁斯电影
Now, we’ve got to turn this into a Tom Cruise movie.
所以我说 “我们要做的第一件事就是
So, I said, “Well the first thing
把整个小组的人
we have to do is kill off
全部杀掉”
the whole team.”
电影中 汤姆·克鲁斯
I saw Tom Cruise
有三段戏特别出彩
and three incredible set pieces.
大部分间谍惊悚片都是犯罪惊悚片
Most spy thrillers are crime thrillers
在这些电影中
where you have a lot
会有很多关于人物的有趣场景
of interesting character scenes
就像是在剥洋葱一样
where you’re kind of unwrapping the onion.
你一层一层地剥开 就会有所发现
Wrapping, another wrapping, oh, and you find out,
然后重新再来一遍 你又会有所发现
then you go over there and you find som…
但他确实非常
Oh, but he really was…
在各方面都很厉害
You know, all this sort of stuff.
可是这些都无法真的变成
But that isn’t essentially something you can put
炫酷的场景设计
into a great visual set piece.
注:指推动情节发展中的焦点人物
我是说 关于麦高芬的概念
I mean, the whole idea of McGuffin
其实对他们所追逐的东西
just doesn’t make any difference
没有影响
what they’re chasing after.
他偷走了中情局一半的特工名单
He has stolen one half of a CIA knock list,
在东方深度潜伏的特工的记录
record of all our deep cover agents working in Eastern
我们这个小宝物的
Our little treasure here
西北偏北 (1959)
导演 阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克
肚子里装满了微型胶卷
has a belly full of microfilm.
在让人物都动起来之前
Before we can get them moving.
对了 总统山
Oh, Mount Rushmore.
多适合拍摄追逐戏的地方啊
What a great place to have a chase scene.
我要怎么把他们弄到总统山来拍呢
How do I get them to Mount Rushmore?
你得清楚地知道要拍成什么样的场景
You get a really strong visual idea.
然后让编剧参与进来
And then get the writer to come in
或者你自己来设计人物
or yourself to figure it out to fill in the character
让这个人物把大家带到总统山
that will get you to Mount Rushmore.
我还想出了
And I came up with the idea
进入中情局的那场无声戏
of going into the CIA and the silent sequence.
从电脑中拿到特工名单
Getting the knock list out of the computer.
抓住滴下来的汗水等等
Catching the sweat, all that stuff.
我还设计了
I had worked out
一个十分精巧的结尾段落
this very elaborate end sequence
飞机追逐着火车进入隧♥道♥
with this helicopter chasing the train into the tunnel.
但是唐尼想要让这部电影
And Towne had thought that it should be resolved
以在货车车厢中揭下面具结尾
with this pulling masks off in the boxcar room.
然后我们为此产生了
And we were getting into a big…
怎么说呢 一个巨大的矛盾
How should I say, conflict over it.
我说 “这可是《碟中谍》
I said, “You can’t end Mission: Impossible
怎么能以人物在车厢中揭下面具结尾”
with people pulling masks off in a boxcar.”
我记得唐尼当时说
And then, I think Towne said, “You know, like,
“那么我们要怎么拍
what are we going to have, helicopters
拍直升机飞进隧♥道♥吗”
flying into tunnels or something?”
我是说 别搞那些冒烟着火的把戏了
I mean, brushing off all these pyrotechnics
就像那些廉价动作戏一样
as some kind of cheap action sequence
一点情感或者人物激♥情♥都没有
that had no emotional or character thrust to it.
所以当时我们就是在汤姆面前争论的
So, we were basically sort of arguing in front of Tom
我最终妥协说 “好吧
and I finally said, “Okay, guys.
车厢 我可喜欢了
Boxcars, I love them.
揭下面具 就这么拍吧
Masks pulling off, let’s do it.
我的想法就算了 我不用拍这些飞机啊
I’ll throw out… I won’t have to shoot all this helicopter
隧♥道♥啊 火车啊
and tunnels and trains.
我们只要拍一场只有三个人物在车厢里的戏就行了
We’ll just have this wonderful three-character scene in the boxcar.
简直太棒了”
It’ll be fantastic.”
然后我就走了
And I sort of left.
然后汤姆最后决定
And Tom basically decided that he thought
他认为以一个动作场面结尾
that maybe the action end of the movie
会比车厢戏要好
would be better than the boxcars.
所以最后 我们简要地拍摄了
So, we had an abbreviated scene
车厢的场景
in the boxcar.
然后我们来到火车顶部
And then we got on top of the train
拍摄了结尾那场戏
and did the end sequence.
我们搭建了三辆车
We built three cars,
然后就都是绿幕了
and it’s all green screen and, you know,
光影魔幻工业特效公♥司♥的人都来了
all the ILM guys were there.
在各处进行标记
You know, putting marks all over everything.
拍起来很轻松 因为我有这些
Very easy to make because I have all this
技术支持
technical background.
而对于动作戏来说
Here’s… Here’s a very bad thing that’s going on now,
有这样一个不利的因素
in relation to sort of the action sequences.
这就是为什么这些戏会如此无聊
And this is why they’re so boring
而且 在很多大制♥作♥电影中
and in so many of these big movies
这些动作戏都是提前模拟好了的
is that they’re pre-visualized.
原本我们需要拍追逐戏
Otherwise, well, we have the chase,
追车还有恐龙跳过来的场面
the car, and the dinosaur jumps over.
而现在 只要把这些扔给光影魔幻工业
And they throw it over to the–
或者其他做这行的就行了
To the, you know, ILM, whoever does it.
这些人会帮你提前做好可视化模拟
And the guys pre-visualize it for you
因为真实的拍摄太昂贵了
because the shots are so expensive.
而他们只需要动动电脑就行了
And they’ve got it all on their computers,
那么你最终得到的会是什么
so what are you going to get?
许多老套的画面
Many visual cliche.
有东西爆♥炸♥了
Something blowing up
然后飞向摄像机
and it coming right by the camera.
这些都是存在他们电脑上面的小玩意
All these little things they have in their computers.
《碟中谍》和《铁面无私》一样
Mission: Impossible’s like The Untouchables.
我是说 它挺成功的
I mean, it was like…It worked.
《剃刀边缘》也很成功 所有事情都很成功
Dressed to Kill, it worked. Everything worked.
所有人都异常高兴
Everybody was overjoyed with it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!