Best thing would be if they
realized their own culpability
若他们明白杀掉囚犯是错的
就再好不过了
in the death of a man.
– 希尔顿
– 失陪,修女
– Hilton.
– Excuse me, Sister.
I’m Walter Delacroix’s father.
我是沃尔特的爸爸
Mr. Delacroix,
I’m sorry about your son.
德拉克先生,抱歉…
Sister, I’m a Catholic.
修女,我是天主教♥徒♥
How can you sit by Poncelet’s side
你怎麽可以坐在庞斯莱身旁
却不来找我们两对夫妇谈谈
without ever coming
to visit with me and my wife
or the Percys to hear our side?
听一下我们的感受?
How can you spend all your time
worryin’ about Poncelet
你怎麽可以替庞斯莱担忧
and not think that maybe
we needed you too?
而没考虑到我们也许需要你?
Mr. Delacroix… I didn’t think
that you wanted to… talk to me.
我没想过你会肯跟我谈
Earl, are you goin’ in?
艾尔,我们进去吧
This is Mary Beth and Clyde Percy.
这是玛莉贝斯和克拉德珀西
– I’m sorry about your daughter.
– Yeah. So are we. Excuse us.
– 我很替你女儿的事难过
– 我们也一样,失陪了
Listen, Sister.
I’m sure you’ve seen a side of Matt
Poncelet that none of us has seen.
修女,我相信只有你…
见到庞斯莱好的一面
I’m sure he’s on his best behavior
and must be pretty sympathetic to you.
他一定表现得循规蹈矩
和博得你的同情
But, Sister, this is an evil man.
不过他是一个魔头
This is a man
who abducted teenage kids
他掳走两个青年
and raped… and killed them.
把少女强姦,还杀人灭口
That scum robbed me of my only son.
那混♥蛋♥杀掉我的独子
My name… my family name dies with me.
我家从此绝子绝孙
There will be no more Delacroixs,
Sister. No more.
德拉克家再没有后人了
是后继无人
I want you to know I do care
about you and your family
你得瞭解我确实关心你和你家人
and what happened to your son.
还对你儿子的事深感难过
I’m gonna give you my number and
if there’s anything that you need,
我给你我的电♥话♥号♥码
如有任何需要
– you just call me.
– Me call you?
– 儘管找我帮忙
– 我找你?
Think about that, Sister.
Think about how arrogant that is.
修女,你想清楚
想一下这是否一片狂言
Excuse me.
失陪了
You all right?
你没事吧?
We better be gettin’ on in.
我们该进去了
It is the finding of this board that
clemency be denied to Matthew Poncelet.
本处裁定上诉被驳回
保留原有判决
Execution will be carried out
as scheduled one week hence.
依照计划,一周后执行死刑
Don’t give up hope, Matt.
马修,别气馁,还有联邦法♥院♥
的法官可以终止行刑
We still got a judge
that can put a stop to this.
还有最高法♥院♥
Then there’s the US Supreme Court
and the governor.
和州长,若别无他法
我会争取跟他私人会面
I’ll get a private meeting.
You’re all I got, Sis.
看来我只能够信赖你
我有权选择精神顾问
你愿意帮忙吗?
They tell me I can have
a spiritual adviser of my choice.
Will you do it?
Ride along into the sunset with me.
陪我踏上人生末路
You’re gonna have to spend several hours
with him every day as his death nears.
行刑前每天你要跟他一起数小时
And on the day of his execution you’re
gonna have to spend all day with him.
行刑日则要整天陪著他
It’s not an easy job.
这份差事可不易为
Usually it’s done by a chaplain
or a priest or a Muslim cleric.
通常由教诲师、神父
或回♥教♥牧师负责
I want you to be realistic about this.
你得考虑清楚
We’ve got about a one in 1,000 chance
things might go our way.
打赢这官司的机会只有千分之一
It’s a tough road.
这条路不容易走
If that had been a king,
you could have gone back over again.
You can jump three this way,
then go all the way back.
若这是一个棋是国王
你可以掉头
可以跳三次棋来这边
再后退回来
She got that big old bad joker
and she don’t wanna put it down.
她有那张小丑牌却不拿出来
真可惜
All right. My turn. My turn.
轮到我了
I got an ace. I’m really lucky.
我有一张A,真幸运
Whose was this?
– 是谁的牌?
– 我的
Oh, please don’t kill him.
别把他杀掉,他是神的孩子
He’s a child of God.
He’s a poet, blah, blah, blah.
他已经洗心革面,他是个诗人
一派胡言
那些支持杀人犯
非礼小孩的人听好
Attention all ye advocates
of killers and child molesters,
ye opponents of execution.
反对死刑的人听好
Ye cannot walk upon the high ground.
你上不了天堂
Ye do not have
the moral authority to walk there.
因为你罪孽深重,没资格上天堂
Ye traverse with scum
and scum is where ye…
你与人♥渣♥为伍,而人♥渣♥则在…
What do you want?
你来干嘛?
Mr. Delacroix,
forgive me for intrudin’,
请恕我唐突
but I haven’t been able to get
you and your wife out of my mind.
但是我无法忘记你们夫妇俩
I’ve been tryin’ to call you
but there’s been no answer.
我打了多个电♥话♥找你
但没有回应
Can I please speak with you?
我可以跟你谈谈吗?
Sure.
可以
I’m really sorry for not comin’ to visit
with you and your wife before this.
我很抱歉在聆讯前没有来访
But… I’ve never been involved
in anything like this before.
但我从没处理过这种事情
Truth is you’re scared.
其实你是害怕
Yes.

I’d be too.
我也会害怕
– Come in.
– Thank you.
– 请进
– 谢谢
Sister… Can I ask you a question?
修女,我可否问你一个问题?
– Are you a communist?
– Communist? No.
– 你是共♥产♥主义者吗?
– 共♥产♥主义者?不是
That’s what some people are sayin’
with you defendin’ this murderer.
我也是这麽想,这儿的人
却有此想法,因你替这杀人犯辩护
But I didn’t think so. Sit down.
不过我不赞同,请坐
Thank you.
谢谢
– Care for some coffee?
– Thank you.
– 喝咖啡吗?
– 谢谢
Sorry about the mess.
屋里一片凌乱,别见笑
My wife and I had a big fight.
我跟太太吵了一大架
When we got back from the hearing,
从特赦聆讯会回来后
she… took Walter’s clothes
out of his closet.
她就从衣柜拿出沃尔特的衣服
Put ’em in boxes. Called Goodwill.
放进盒子里去,送去捐衣中心
She says she wants to
put the past behind her.
她说要忘记过去
She says she…
has to move on in her life.
说要继续生活下去
– She’s not herself.
– That must be so hard.
– 她行为反常
– 你们一定很难受伤心
When it first happened, she had me bring
her to Walter’s grave every morning.
开始时她要我每天陪她
去沃尔特的墓
She wept a river, poor woman.
可怜的她哭个不停
Whole days, nights… for weeks, months.
多月来不分昼夜的哭
I wish there was some way,
some key into the past, to change it.
真渴望有法子…
改变这残酷的事实
It tears me up.
我悲痛不已
She used to be a ball.
她本来性格开朗
We would have us

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!