– 我可没这么想 – 你应该想
– I never thought of it that way.
– Well, you should.
那蚌为此送命了
The oyster nearly dies.
快走吧,回舱里去,该给你按♥摩♥了
Come along now. Back to the cabin.
Time for your massage.
我的佣人鲍尔斯
My companion, Bowers.
她跟世界拳王打过15个回合
(杰克.登普西:美国世界重量级冠军)
She did 15 rounds once with Jack Dempsey.
那拳王就此一蹶不振
He was never the same man again.
– 对不起,里奇韦小姐 – 多尔太太,赛蒙.多尔太太
– Sorry, Miss Ridgeway.
– Mrs Doyle. Mrs Simon Doyle.
你别怪鲍尔斯小姐
You have got to forgive Miss Bowers.
她对男婚女嫁很不熟悉
She’s just unfamiliar with the married state.
– 你对那项链又眼馋了 – 住嘴,鲍尔斯
– I saw you drooling over her pearls.
– Shut up, Bowers.
你会豁出老命来把它弄到手
You’d give every tooth in your head
to lay your hands on them.
胡说
What nonsense.
就因为你对她,确切点说对她父亲有仇,也用不着这么粗暴
Just because you’ve got a grudge against
her father, no need to be uncivil.
有仇?她那死去的父亲毁了我的全家
Grudge? Melhuish Ridgeway ruined my family.
我说,你应该感激才是
Well, you should be grateful.
要不,你也不会有幸来服侍我了
If he hadn’t, you’d have missed
the pleasure of working for me.
光凭这个,也恨不得杀了她
I could kill her on that score alone.
喝茶,太太
Tea, madame?
我是莎乐美.奥特伯恩,我有话跟你说
I am Salome Otterbourne and I must have a word.
我还当都通过律师交谈过呢
I thought we were already having words
through our lawyers.
我就是,为了这个前来向你哀恳
It is about that that I have come to supplicate.
哀恳?
Supplicate?
或者说恳求,呼吁都可以
I mean to entreat, or to appeal, if you like.
恐怕我们作家,说话总有点讲究词藻
I’m afraid we authors are
a little flowery in our speech.
写文章还要诽谤人?
And defamatory in our writing.
你居然如此看待《柿子树下的热恋》这本书,真遗憾
I’m sorry you should have taken
Passion Under the Persimmon Tree that way.
我的本意只不过想描写一个年轻姑娘的心
I assure you the intention was
merely to show a young girl’s heart
随着原始鼓声而跳动
beginning to beat to the primordial drum.
要知道亲爱的,我写这本书是为了恭维你
Can’t you see, my dear, that what
I wrote was really quite flattering.
直说吧,奥特伯恩太太
Frankly, Mrs Otterbourne,
我可不认为被人描写得像一只色情狂的猴子是恭维
I don’t consider being likened
to a nymphomaniacal baboon flattering,
我想还是由律师来决定,由于你对我进行了下流的描写
and I suggest we leave it to our lawyers
to decide what is adequate compensation
怎么赔偿我名誉损失
for being the butt of your vulgar drivel!
– 再见 – 没教养的
– Good afternoon. – Philistine!
我会让你知道究竟什么是名誉
I’ll show you what reputation is about!
– 对不起,打扰一下 – 安德鲁大叔
– I’m sorry to intrude. – Uncle Andrew.
这些就是我要你签字的文件
But these are the papers
I told you needed signing.
克利斯勒大楼的租契
The lease on the Chrysler Building…
这是银矿开采特许证,巴库石油运输公♥司♥的
Ah, let’s see, the silver mine
concessions, Baku oil transfers
还有粮食加工公♥司♥的合并书
and the Cam Crisp Chou-choc merger.
签在最后一页底下,亲爱的
Just sign on the last page,
right on the bottom, my dear.
安德鲁大叔,我还没看过呢
But, Uncle Andrew, I haven’t even read it yet.
用不着,用不着,里面没半点差错
There’s no need, there’s no need.
It’s all quite straightforward checked.
核对过了,我反复地核对过
And double checked by me.
我总是先看过再签字
But I always read everything
through before I sign.
我父亲教我的
My father taught me that.
他常说谁也别信,哪怕你的律师
He always said never to trust anyone.
Not even your own lawyers.
你去世的老爸爸可真会说笑话
Dear old Melhuish.
What a sense of humour!
我这一辈子从来没看过什么法律文件
Well, as far as I’m concerned, I’ve never
read a legal document in my life.
我也不想开这个例
I certainly don’t intend to start now.
是这样
You don’t say.
– 太不负责任了吧? – 对,很不负责
– Isn’t that a little feckless, darling?
– Yes, absolutely.
就是想喝酒,你呢?(曼哈顿酒,一种鸡尾酒)
But I’m dying for a Manhattan, aren’t you?
好吧,看在新婚份上
Alright. Seeing we’re on our honeymoon.
就签这儿
That’s a girl.
还有这份
Now, the next one.
但愿我不是在多管闲事,我是律师
I do hope I’m not, er, butting in. I am a lawyer.
我得说我非常欣赏你那种一丝不苟的态度
I just wanted to say how much I admire
your businesslike attitude.
你父亲完全正确,总要先看过然后再签字
Your father was absolutely right.
Never sign a document until you’ve read it.
我想你也同意吧?
I’m sure you agree, sir.
当然,当然,反正不急
Er, sure. Sure. There’s no hurry.
我少陪了
Well, now, if you’ll excuse me.
我希望我没有得罪他
I hope I’ve not given of fence.
得罪又怎么了,你是?
What if you have, Mr…?
– 雷斯,雷斯上校 – 得罪又怎么呢?
– Race. Colonel Race.
– What if you have, Colonel?
律师嘛,就该铁面无私
Lawyers are trained to deal with of fences.
跟我们一起喝一杯吧
Would you join us for a drink in the bar?
– 谢谢,太谢谢了 – 你怎么样,波先生?
– Thank you. Most kind.
– And what about you, Mr P?
来喝一杯庆祝一下
After all, there’s cause for celebration.
我甩掉杰基的办法灵得出奇
As you see, my plan to lose Jackie
worked like a charm.
是啊,好像是,好像是…
Yes, so it would, eh, so it would seem.
(法文)祝贺你啦
Mes félicitations.
雷斯和我会跟你们喝的
Colonel Race and will join you in a…
过会儿来
…moment.
亲爱的
Darling?
– 太太,有话跟你说 – 过会儿,路易丝
– Madame, I must talk with you. – Later, Louise.
– 不,这会儿,要紧事 – 酒吧间等你
– No, now! It’s important. – I’ll see you in the bar.
– 说吧 – 我接到份电报
– Well? – I’ve received a cable.
我未婚夫把他妻子打发回家了
My fiancé has sent his woman back to her people.
他在等我,我应该去
He’s waiting for me. I must go to him.
你把答应过的钱给我吧
Please, give me the money that you promised me.
我已经跟了你五年了
I’ve been with you for five years now.
– 这是完全办不到的 – 太太,你答应过我
– It’s completely out of the question.
– Madame, you promised me.
– 可他们还没离婚 – 我求求你
– He’s still married, Louise. – I implore you.
我要那笔钱做嫁妆,我♥干♥活没偷懒
I need that money as a dowry.
I’ve worked hard for you.
我没辞你之前你还得照样做下去
And you’ll continue to do so
until I say otherwise.
– 可是太太,你不能不给 – 得了吧,路易丝
– Madame, you can’t refuse me.
– Thank you, Louise.
(法文)刻薄鬼 (原意:骆驼,讨厌的家伙)
Chameau!
我的天,这人处处招人恨
Mon Dies, how she makes enemies of them all.
连她自己的律师也在骗她的钱
Even her own lawyer is trying to cheat her?
老狐狸,你也注意了
You old fox! So you noticed?
我就知道你来不是什么,怎么说的?
Well, I knew that you weren’t here…
How was it again?
(法语)”仅仅是度假来着,我的朋友”…
“Seulement pour les vacaxaces, mon ami”…
我可以告诉你
Yes, I suppose I can tell you.
我秘密地为多尔太太的英国律师事务所工作
(sub rosa:拉丁语,秘密地)
Sub rosa, I am working for
Mrs Doyle’s English lawyers,
他们怀疑安德鲁.彭宁顿在,在…
and they suspect Andrew Pennington of eh… well of eh…
– 侵吞她的财产 – 就是这么回事
– Embezzling her money.
– That’s about the size of it.
根据她父亲的遗嘱
You see, under the terms of the father’s will,
她一结婚就可以经管这些财产,而现在她已经结婚了
she gets control of the money when
she marries, and as she has married…
彭宁顿刚想让她签一个
He is trying to get her to sign a document
摆脱困境的文件
which will get him out of the soup.
不错,这一次我是把他吓跑了
Exactly. I think I’ve
scared him off for the moment,
谁知道他下一步呢?
but who knows what he’ll try next?
还有其他人的下一步呢
Or any of them, for that matter.
在卡纳克大寺院里头(卡纳克大寺院:埃及最大寺庙)
Inside the Great Temple of Karnak,
可以看到为数不少的石头公羊,对了
we pass the pedestals
of numerous small rams… ja.
它们胸前都有一个艾美诺菲斯的神像,对啊
(艾美诺菲斯:埃及十八王朝法老)
Each with a small image of
Amenophis III in front of it… ja.
噢,是的,公羊
Oh, yes, rams.
淫♥荡♥好色,男性生殖器象征的公羊
Lickerish, priapic, ruttish rams!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!