她水性杨花
She was a tramp from a long line of tramps.
对 好的
Yeah. All right, all right.
我该怎样跟尼诺说那份工作
Now what do I say to Norton? What about this job I want you for?
我不会接受
I don’t think I want it, Keyes.
谢谢你 好吧
Thanks just the same. Fair enough.
我挑选你
Only get this, I picked you for the job…
不是因为你聪明
not because I think you’re so darn smart…
而是因为你
but because I thought you were a shade less dumb
不像打扮般肤浅
than the rest of the outfit.
我大概想错了 你并不高明
Guess I was wrong. You’re not smarter, Walter.
只是比较高
You’re just a little taller.
是的 巴顿
Yes, Keyes.
我所说的命运只是拖延了我
Those Fates I was talking about had only been stalling me off.
现在万事具备 一触即发
Now they had thrown the switch. The gears had meshed.
给人思考的时间已经溜走
The time for thinking had all run out.
我希望自己
I wanted my movements accounted
能考虑至最后一刻
for up to the last possible moment.
当我离开办公室
So when I left the office
我假意的将运算薄留在桌上
I put my rate book on the desk as if I had forgotten it.
这是我不在场证据之一
That was part of my alibi.
然后就是按照时间表
From here on, it was a question of following the timetable…
按部就班
move by move.
我大约7时回家 将车驶到车房♥
I got home about 7:00 and drove right into the garage.
这是另一个步在场证据
This was another item to establish my alibi.
嗨 黎先生 你好 查理
Hi, Mr. Neff. Hello, Charlie.
请帮我洗车
How about giving the heap a wash job?
你何时要
How soon you gonna want it?
我还有几部车
I got a couple cars ahead of you.
没所谓
Any time you get to it, Charlie.
我今晚留在家 好
I’m staying in tonight. Okay.
会寓所后我打给舒路尔
Up in my apartment I called Lou Schwartz…
与我同一办公室的保险员
one of the salesmen that shared my office.
他住在西木区
He lived in Westwood,
那是长途电♥话♥ 会有记录
so it was a toll call and there’d be a record of it.
我跟他说我忘记拿运算薄
I told him I’d forgotten my rate book and needed some dope…
需要公众责任公债的资料…
on the public liability bond I was figuring.
我换上
I changed into
海军蓝色的西装
a navy blue suit like Dietrichson was going to wear.
舒路尔回复我 并给我大量数据
Lou Schwartz called me back and gave me a lot of figures.
我在口袋里放了毛巾及纸
I stuffed a hand towel and a roll of adhesive into my pockets…
让我可以假装
so I could fake something
打石膏的短腿
that looked like a cast on a broken leg.
接着 我在电♥话♥里放了一张卡片
Next, I stuck a card inside the telephone box…
若电♥话♥铃响过 卡片就会掉下
so that it would fall down if the bell rang.
那么若有人打来 我就会知道
That way I’d know if anybody had called me while I was away.
然后在门铃
Then I did the same thing to the doorbell
亦放了一张卡片
in case anybody came to see me.
我从佣人楼梯离开大厦 没人看见我
I left the apartment by the service stairs. Nobody saw me.
我从寓所前往狄宅
I walked all the way from my apartment to the Dietrichson house.
我不想搭巴士
I didn’t want to take the bus…
以免有人
because there was always the chance
看见我
that someone might remember seeing me on it.
我就是如此谨慎
I was being that careful.
我又嗅到忍♥冬的气味
I could smell that honeysuckle again.
但这次更强烈 现在是晚上
Only it was even stronger, now that it was night.
我悄悄地打开车房♥门口
I slid the garage door open as quietly as I could.
她就如我所说将车泊好
She’d backed the sedan in, just the way I told her to.
我认为这样会比较安全
I’d figured it was safer that way…
以防他在她开车前上车
in case he got into the car before she drove it out.
我来到车的后座
I got into the back of the car.
躺在地上等待
I lay there on the floor and waited.
我只想到前往
All the time I was thinking about
火车站的黑暗街头
that dark street on the way to the station…
我将会在火车站下手
where I was to do it…
以及那三下作讯号♥的响号♥
and the three honks on the horn that were to be the signal.
十分钟后 他们就下来
About 10 minutes later they came down.
你还好吧 我很好
All right, honey? Yeah, I’m all right.
我马上开车出来
I’ll have the car out in a second.
慢慢来 还有时间 对
Take it easy, honey. We’ve got lots of time. Yeah.
记得医生怎说
Remember what the doctor said. If you get careless…
若你不小心也许会变成长短腿
you might end up with a shorter leg.
那又怎样 打断另一条就可以
So what? I could break the other one and match them up again.
离开我你觉得很高兴 是吗
It makes you feel pretty good to get away from me, doesn’t it?
只是四天 最迟星期一就回来
It’s only for four days. I’ll be back Monday at the latest.
不是这条街 为什么在这里转
This is not the right street. Why did you turn here?
你在做什么
What are you doing that for?
按响号♥做什么
What are you honking the horn for?
你应付搬运工人及列车员
You take care of the redcap and the conductor.
不用担心 尽量不要让他们接近我
Don’t worry. Keep away from me as much as you can.
跟他们说我不需要协助
Tell them I don’t want to be helped.
我说过不用担心 华达
I said, don’t worry, Walter.
火车离开后你就启程
You start as soon as the train leaves.
到达炼厂后
When you get to the refinery,
离开公路驶到泥路
turn off the highway onto the dirt road.
十分之八里的路程
From there it’s exactly eight-tenths of a mile…
记得吗
to the dump beside the tracks. Remember.
我全都记得 不要超速
I remember everything. No speeding.
你不会希望被警方截停 而他在后面
You don’t want any cops stopping you with him in the back.
我们已经彩排过很多次
Walter, we’ve been through all that so many times.
离开公路时关掉所有灯光
When you leave the highway, turn off all your lights.
我会到瞭望台
I’ll be back on the observation platform.
我会尽快在预定位置跳车
I’ll drop off as close to the spot as I can.
火车经过后闪两次灯光
Let the train pass, then dim your lights twice.
三藩市火车 小姐 9号♥车 11号♥室
San Francisco train, lady? Car 9, section 11.
只是我丈夫
Just my husband.
9号♥车 11号♥室 这边请
Car 9, section 11? This way please.
谢谢 我丈夫不需要别人协助
Thank you. My husband doesn’t like to be helped.
8号♥车在那里
Car number 8. Up there.
9号♥车 11号♥室 谢谢
Car 9, section 11. Thank you.
车票在这里 小心保护腿
Here’re the tickets. Take good care of yourself with that leg.
对 你架车回家要小心
Yeah. You take it easy driving home.
我想念你 宝贝 11号♥室
I’ll miss you, honey. Section 11, sir.
全部登车 谢谢
All aboard! Thank you.
再见 全部登车
Goodbye, honey. All aboard!
祝你好运
Good luck, honey.
服务员 请帮我弄好座位
Porter, will you make up my berth right away?

Yes, sir.
我去瞭望台抽一口烟
I’m going back to the observation car for a smoke.
是 这边
Right this way, sir.
你要坐吗
Like a chair?
不 我想站一下
No, thanks. I’d rather stand.
你去很远吗 帕洛阿尔托
You going far? Palo Alto.
我姓谢
My name’s Jackson.
要去美德福 俄勒岗美德福
I’m going all the way to Medford. Medford, Oregon.
我曾试过断腿
I had a broken arm once.
那个石膏令你痕痒难耐 是吗
That darn cast itches something fierce, doesn’t it?
我差点疼得发疯
I thought I’d go crazy with mine.
帕尔阿尔托是个不错的小镇 你是史丹福人
Palo Alto’s a nice little town. You a Stanford man?
我以前是 你似乎留下了东西
I used to be. I’ll bet you left something behind.
我经常如此
I always do.
我的雪茄盒
My cigar case.
应该在我的车厢里的外衣
I guess I left it in my overcoat back in the section.
你想自己卷支烟吗 未请教…
Would you care to roll yourself a cigarette, Mister…
我姓狄
Dietrichson.
不 我想抽雪茄
No thanks, I really prefer a cigar.
也许服务员可以…
Maybe the porter could… Well, I could get your cigars for you.
我帮你去拿 狄先生 希望不会麻烦到你
Be glad to, Mr. Dietrichson. If it’s not too much trouble.
9号♥车 11号♥室 9号♥车 11号♥室
Car 9, section 11. Car 9, section 11.
乐意效劳
With pleasure.
没问题 事不宜迟
Okay. This has gotta be fast.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!