史丹福的足球很著名
Great football school, Stanford.
你打足球吗 狄先生 左卫
Did you play football, Mr. Dietrichson? Left guard.
几乎入选校队 签哪里
Almost made the varsity, too. Where do I sign?
那条底线
The bottom line.
两份都要 签两次
Both copies, please. Sign twice, huh?
对 一份送给业员
Yes. One is the agent’s copy.
我要存档 存档 一式两份 一式三份
I need it for my files. Files. Duplicates. Triplicates.
谢谢
Thank you, Mr. Dietrichson.
关于支票
Don’t worry about the check,
我明天到你公♥司♥取
I can pick it up at your office some morning.
要多少钱 147 5元
How much you taking me for? $147.50.
今晚到此为止吧 黎先生
I think that’s enough insurance for one evening, Mr. Neff.
的确很足够
Plenty.
回来时给我苏打水
Bring me some soda when you come up,
菲莉 晚安 黎先生
Phyllis. Good night, Mr. Neff.
晚安 狄先生
Good night, Mr. Dietrichson.
你的帽子放了在走廊 黎先生
I think you left your hat in the hall, Mr. Neff.
晚安 黎先生
Good night, Mr. Neff.
好了吗 华达 好
All right, Walter? Fine.
他签了 是不是 当然 你亲眼看见
He signed it, didn’t he? Sure he signed it. You saw him.
听着 他何时会去帕洛阿尔托
Now, listen. That trip to Palo Alto. When does he leave?
月底
End of the month.
他会驾车吗 他一向驾车
He drives, huh? He always drives.
今次不行 你要叫他坐火车
Not this time. You’re gonna make him take the train.
为什么 因为保单适合他坐火车
Why? Because it’s all worked out for a train.
每个意外保险
Listen, baby. There’s a clause in every accident policy…
都有双重保险条文
a little thing called double indemnity.
保险公♥司♥给顾客
The insurance companies put it in
的额外优♥惠♥
as a sort of come-on for the customers.
他们在某种情况下会付双倍
That means they pay double on certain accidents.
那些情况几乎没机会发生
The kind that almost never happen.
例如那人在火车上死亡
Like for instance, if a guy is killed on the train…
他们就会付十万而不是五万
they pay $100,000 instead of $50,000.
我明白了
I see. We’re hitting it for the limit, baby.
我们要取得最多 所以要坐火车
That’s why it’s got to be the train.
就听你的话 他会坐火车
It’ll be the train, Walter. Just the way you want it.
彻头彻尾
Straight down the line.
嗨 黎先生
Hello, Mr. Neff.
是我
It’s me.
有什么事 我在等你
Is anything wrong? I’ve been waiting for you.
等我 为什么
For me? Why?
我想你载我一程 若你顺路
I thought you could let me ride with you, if you’re going my way.
你想去哪里 下山去维蒙
Which way would that be? Down the hill. Down Vermont.
当然 维蒙街与法连街 是吗
Sure. Vermont and Franklin. Northwest corner, wasn’t it?
没问题 狄小姐
Be glad to, Miss Dietrichson.
你去溜冰
Going roller-skating, huh?
你喜欢溜冰 我没所谓
You like roller-skating? I can take it or leave it.
但今晚你不会溜冰
Only tonight you’re leaving it? Yes, I am.
对 我在家里很不开心
I’m having a very tough time at home.
我爸不明白我 莉菲恨我
My father doesn’t understand me and Phyllis hates me.
听起来真糟 所以我间中会说谎
Sounds tough, all right. That’s why I have to lie sometimes.
你不是去维蒙街与法连街
You mean it’s not Vermont and Franklin?
的确是那里
It’s Vermont and Franklin all right.
但不是马尼安 而是卓尼诺
Only it’s not Anne Matthews. It’s Nino Zachetti.
你不会揭穿我 对吧
You won’t tell on me, will you?
我要考虑一下 尼诺不是我爸所说那么差劲
I’d have to think it over. Nino’s not what my father says at all.
他只是际遇不好 他在南加州大学读医科
He’s just had bad luck. He was doing premed at USC…
晚上在剧院做带位员
and working nights as an usher in a theater downtown.
因为学分不足而被赶出校
Got behind in his credits, flunked out.
然后与上司顶嘴被解雇
Then he lost his job for talking back. He’s so hot-headed.
代价真大
Becomes expensive, doesn’t it?
我爸大概认为没有配得上他女儿
Guess my father thinks nobody’s good enough for his daughter…
除了标准石油的老板
except maybe the guy that owns Standard Oil.
我想他知道 我不能放弃尼诺
I wish he’d see it my way. I can’t give Nino up.
船到桥头自然直
It’ll all straighten out, Miss Dietrichson.
我想是吧
I suppose it will sometime.
就是这里 黎先生
This is the corner right here, Mr. Neff.
尼诺 过来 尼诺
Nino? Over here, Nino.
黎先生 尼诺… 你好 尼诺
This is Mr. Neff, Nino. Hello, Nino.
我姓卓
The name is Zachetti.
尼诺 不要这样 黎先生送我来
Nino, please. Mr. Neff gave me a ride from the house.
我说起我们的事
I told him all about us.
你为什么跟他说我们的事
Why does he have to get told about us?
不用担心黎先生
We don’t have to worry about Mr. Neff, Nino.
我不是担心
I’m not doing any worrying.
只是不想你太高调
Just don’t you broadcast so much.
你怎么了
Well, what’s the matter with you, Nino?
他是我朋友 我没有朋友
Why, he’s a friend. I don’t have any friends.
就算有 我也想亲自挑选
If I did, I like to pick them myself. Come on.
她要我载她一程 就此而已
Look, sonny, she needed a ride, so I brought her along.
你有什么不满
Is that anything to get tough about?
露娜 我决定 跟不跟我来
All right, Lola, make up your mind. Are you coming or aren’t you?
当然
Of course I’m coming.
别介意他 谢谢载我一程
Don’t mind him, Mr. Neff. And thanks a lot for the ride.
你真好人 尼诺
You’re awfully sweet. Nino?
她是个好女孩
She was a nice kid.
他就是有点自视过高
Maybe he was a little better than he sounded.
但想起车尾的
But right then
公事包
it gave me a nasty feeling to be thinking about them at all…
放着她父亲
with that briefcase right behind my head
签署的文件
that had her father’s signature in it…
就令我浑身不自然
and what that signature meant.
那个签名代表他命不久矣
It meant he was a dead pigeon.
只是时间问题 而且时间无多
It was only a question of time, and not very much time at that.
巴顿 知道洛菲利兹的市集
You know that big market up on Los Feliz, Keyes?
那是菲莉和我挑选的会面点
That’s the place Phyllis and I had picked for a meeting place.
我已经几乎有全盘计划
I already had most of the plan in my head…
但还有很多细节需要斟酌
but a lot of details had to be worked out.
她需要载时机到时了解一切
And she had to know them all by heart when the time came.
从今以后 我们必须小心翼翼
We had to be very careful from now on.
不能让人看见我们一起
We couldn’t let anybody see us together.
我们甚至不能在电♥话♥上交谈
We couldn’t even talk to each other on the telephone.
不能从她家中及我的办公室
Not from her house or at my office, anyway.
她每天早上11时
So she was to be in the market every morning about 11:00,
会到市集购物
buying stuff.
我随时都可以碰上她
And I could sort of run into her there any day I wanted to.
装着偶然
Sort of accidentally on purpose.
华达 我想… 别那么大声
Walter, I wanted to… Not so loud.
我从昨天起就想跟你谈
I wanted to talk to you, ever since yesterday.
让我先说 事情已搞定
Let me talk first. It’s all set.
保单已经批核 就在我的口袋里
The accident policy came through. I’ve got it in my pocket.
还有他的支票 我在油田见过他
I got his check, too. I saw him down in the oil fields.
他以为是支付汽车保险
He thought he was paying for the auto insurance.
支票抬头
The check’s just made out to the company,
只是保险公♥司♥
so it could be for anything.
但你要寄出汽车保险的支票
But you have to send a check for the auto insurance, see?
不会有问题
It’ll be all right that way,
其中一部车是你的名下
because one of the cars is in your name.
打开手袋 快点
Open your bag. Quick.
你能打开保险箱吗
Can you get in the safe-deposit box?
对 我俩都有钥匙
Yes. We both have keys. Fine.
好 但暂时不会放保单进去 我会再告诉你
But don’t put the policy in there yet. I’ll tell you when.
你从没见过或碰过
Remember, you never saw it, you never even touched it,
记得吗
you understand?
我不是傻瓜 好的 他何时会搭火车
I’m not a fool. Okay. When is he leaving on the train?
他不去了 什么
That’s just it. He isn’t going. What?
我就是想跟你说 行程取消了
That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you. The trip is off.
发生什么事
What happened?
先生 可以帮我拿婴儿食物
Mister, could you reach me that package of baby food?
上面那一包
That one up there?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!