How do you like Jane’s hair?
她自己做的
She did it all herself.
太厉害了
Too wonderful.
我看伦敦的发型师
No hairdresser from London, I think,
都没她手巧
could do a finer style.
爱玛 我们刚想到
Emma, it has just occurred to us
埃尔顿夫人应该希望为舞会跳开场舞
that Mrs. Elton will expect to be asked to begin the ball.
她肯定会想让弗兰克邀请她
And she will surely think Frank ought to ask her.
弗兰克不会违背对你的承诺
Frank cannot break his promise to you.
他答应了前两支舞要和你跳
He’s promised you the first two dances.
我们打算这样
Here’s the plan.
我会邀请埃尔顿夫人
I will ask Mrs. Elton.
这场舞会是为弗兰克举办的 但是我的想法
The ball is in Frank’s honor, but it’s in my design.
我去邀请她
I shall ask her.
要委屈你第二个跳舞了
You must submit to stand second.
一群人里总要让新娘优先
A bride must be first in company.
都让我想结婚了呢
It is almost enough to make me think of marrying.
要我第一个跳吗
Must I go first?
我真不好意思 总是
I really am ashamed to always be
为大家领头
leading the way.
先生们
Gentlemen.
海布里的大家都很想念你
You have been much missed in Highbury.
是吗
Have I?
你舅妈还好吗
How is your aunt?
很不愿意放我走
Most reluctant to release me.
你不跳舞吗 埃尔顿先生
Do you not dance, Mr. Elton?
非常乐意 韦斯顿夫人 要是你愿意和我跳的话
Most readily, Mrs. Weston, if you will dance with me.
要不…
Well, perhaps…
有位年轻的女士还没人邀请
There is a young lady disengaged
我很希望看到她跳舞 史密斯小姐
whom I should be very glad to see dancing– Miss Smith.
史密斯小姐
Miss Smith.
多希望我不是个已婚男士啊
If I were not an old married man.
但我现在再也不跳舞了
But my dancing days are over.
韦斯顿夫人 失陪了
Mrs. Weston, you will excuse me.
你愿意跳舞吗 史密斯小姐
Will you dance, Miss Smith?
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢你对哈丽特的善意
For your kindness to Harriet.
他的粗鲁不可原谅
He was unpardonably rude.
他想伤害的不止是哈丽特
And he aimed at wounding more than Harriet.
我对埃尔顿先生的判断完全错了
I was completely mistaken in Mr. Elton.
他心中的卑鄙
There is a littleness about him
你发现了 而我没有
which you discovered and I did not.
你为他选择的
You would have chosen for him better
比他自己选择的好得多
than he has chosen for himself.
哈丽特·史密斯身上有埃尔顿夫人
Harriet Smith has some first-rate qualities
完全没有的优等品质
which Mrs. Elton is totally without.
这归功于你 爱玛 你也要感谢她
She does you credit, Emma, as you do her.
伍德豪斯小姐 来
Miss Woodhouse. Come.
为你的朋友们做个好榜样
Set your companions an example.
她们都太懒了
They’re all lazy.
她们都要睡着了
They’re all asleep!
我们要再跳一组
We must dance another set.
需要我的话随时都可以
I am ready whenever I am wanted.
你会和谁跳舞
With whom will you dance?
和你
With you.
如果你邀请我的话
If you will ask me.
你证明了你会跳舞
You have shown that you can dance,
我们也不算是兄妹吧
and we are not really so much brother and sister
所以没什么不得体的
as to make it improper.
没错
No, indeed.
行了
Stop it.
别给自己丢脸了
Stop embarrassing yourself.
我没给自己丢脸
I am not embarrassing myself!
丘吉尔先生 哈丽特
Mr. Churchill. Harriet.
怎么了
What has happened?
她在回家路上被几个吉卜赛人袭击
She was set upon by some gypsies as she was coming home.
她在逃走的路上摔倒了
When she attempted escape, she fell.
她抽筋了
She had a cramp.
-因为跳太多舞了 -她受伤了吗
– From too much dancing! – Well, is she hurt?
我没看
I didn’t see.
她摔倒后我才到
I arrived moments after…
然后就把她带来了
and brought her here.
我想不到别的地方了
I could think of no other place.
到画室去
To the drawing room.
都要感谢剪刀
It was on account of the scissors!
剪刀
The scissors?
我…
I…
从贝茨女士那里借了一把剪刀
borrowed a pair of scissors from Miss Bates.
我都在回家路上了
I was halfway home
才想起来
when I made the recollection
所以我就返回去了
and so doubled back.
你来这里做什么
What is your purpose here?
我的…我的…马车…
My-my… carriage
我的…我的马蹄铁掉了
My… Uh, my horse threw a shoe.
你乘马车去的舞会
You took your carriage to the ball?
是的
Yes.
伍德豪斯小姐 要不是因为剪刀
What might have become of me, Miss Woodhouse,
我会遭遇什么
if not for the scissors?
我们得请佩里来
We must send for Perry.
伍德豪斯小姐
Miss Woodhouse.
我想我又坠入爱河了
I believe I am in love again.
应该通报戈达德夫人她安然无恙
Mrs. Goddard should be assured of her safety.
是 我也该告诉我父亲
Yes, and I shall rouse my father.
我们应该告诉大家
We ought to let them know
这附近有吉卜赛人
that there are gypsies in the neighborhood.
对 我们现在就去
Yes, let us go at once.
-伍德豪斯小姐 -不必多说
– Miss Woodhouse. – Say nothing more.
别走
Do not go!
丘吉尔先生
Mr. Churchill.
拜托了
Please.
留下来
Stay.
怎么回事 发生了什么
What is the matter? What has happened?
怎么…她…她还活着吗
What… Is she… is she… is she alive?
哈丽特没有受伤 爸爸
Harriet is unharmed, Papa.
都要感谢丘吉尔先生
We have Mr. Churchill to thank.
请留下来吧
Please stay.
奈特利先生可以去警告大家
Mr. Knightley can sound the alarm.
我们两个都去
We will both go.
为什么要警告
Why are we alarmed?
已经派人去请佩里了 爸爸
We have sent for Perry, Papa.
毫无疑问 他比你条件好
He’s your superior, no doubt, but…
美好的姻缘也曾发生过
but wonderful things have taken place.
差异巨大的人也能在一起
There have been matches of greater disparity.
相信我 我也不敢奢求
Believe me, I have not the presumption to suppose.
不 但他为你付出那么多
No, but the service he rendered you.
付出
Service?
一想起来
The very recollection of it,
我的感受
and all that I felt.
他向我走来 他高贵的外表
His coming to me, his noble look.
那一刻 痛苦都变成了…
Such a change in one moment from misery to…
变成了完美的幸福
to perfect happiness.
我之前大错特错
I was very wrong before.
现在我要谨慎一些
I will be cautious now.
我决心不再做任何介入
I am determined against any interference.
我怎么听说 亲爱的简
What is this I hear, dear Jane,
你上周冒着大雨
about your going to the post office
去了邮局
in the rain last week?
为什么 你这个可怜的孩子
Why, you sad girl.
你为什么这么做
Why would you do such a thing?
我不会允许你再做这种傻事了
I will not allow you to do such a thing again.
我要告诉埃先生

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!