Black ballplayers were thought of as inferior.
黑人球员过去一直被认为是次等的
You know, can’t work under pressure. You know, rip ’em a little bit, and they’ll fold.
不能在压力下打球 只要稍有压力 他们就会全线溃败
That was the way that a white person was thinking back then,
而且白人过去一直根深蒂固的观念是
that we couldn’t compete with the white players.
我们不能和他们同场竞技
We experienced a lot of racism during that season.
我们在那个赛季经历了 各种各样的歧视偏见
People would spit at you, and fans would call us niggers, coons…
人们会向你吐口水 球迷会称呼我们黑鬼 黑奴
And the world looked at it in that perspective
那个时候整个世界是这样看的
the white team verses this black team. For us.
这是白人球队和黑人球队之争
We were playing for much more than what they were playing for.
所以我们打球的目的没对手那么单纯
They were playing for just another championship.
他们的目标只是夺取另一次冠军
We were playing to prove that it doesn’t make any difference what color you were
而我们则要证明不管你是什么肤色
if you’re given the opportunity, you could do anything.
只要出现机会 就能够实现梦想
If I could turn back the hands of time,
如果可以回到那时双方握手的时刻
I would have love to have gone over to the Kentucky players
我很愿意去到肯塔基球员面前
and shaken their hands.
和他们握手问好
Not to patronize them, you know?
不是那种屈尊俯就
And not to say, “Thank you for giving me an opportunity.”
也不是要表达”谢谢你们给我机会”
You didn’t give us this opportunity. We earned this, see.
你们没给我们机会 机会是靠我们努力拼搏得来的
I’m proud to be part of this portrayal of a great,
我十分自豪能够在颂扬伟大教练
great man in Don Haskins
唐·哈斯金斯的电影中 占据一席之地
and, you know, players who simply cared about being great
球员只关心能否成为伟大的球员
and wanting to separate themselves from the pack
只想放下心理负担打球
and wanting to do something unique.
去成就前无古人的功绩
And to leave footprints in the sand. They’ve done that, man.
在历史的长河中不被遗忘 他们做到了
They’ve done that.
他们确实做到了
I Will Make the Darkness Light” by Alicia Keys
* 歌♥曲名*
I will make the darkness light
* 我将在黑暗中燃起明灯*
For you
* 为了你*
What is wrong
* 有什么地方不对*
I’ll make it all right
* 我来纠正*
For you
* 为了你*
All the battles
* 所有的斗争*
I’ll fight them
* 我来扛起*
For you
* 为了你*
And the high place
* 高山险阻*
I’ll bring down
* 我来克服*
And the high place
* 高山险阻*
I’ll bring down
* 我来克服*

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!