* 全国的乘客*
You got basketball on your mind, Hill? Yeah, Coach. Nothing but.
你心有杂念吗 希尔? 放心吧教练
Coach Haskins. Matt Pavelar, Dallas Morning News.
哈斯金斯教练 我是达拉斯早间新闻的马特·佩福勒
You’re playing a lot of coloreds.
你现在的球队以黑人为主
Are you concerned as to whether the Negro player can handle the pressure
你是否想过黑人球员能否 在全国这样范围的赛事中
at the national level?
处理好舆♥论♥压力?
My team plays defense, rebounds.
我的球队只关心防守 篮板球
What statement are you making?
你能解释下为何吸纳那么多黑人球员吗
I’m a coach. I don’t make statements.
我是一个教练 不作任何说明
Kentucky’s here. Thank you, Coach.
肯塔基大学来了 教练,谢谢你
Coach Rupp. Coach Rupp.
拉普教练
Coach Rupp. Coach Rupp!
拉普教练
Coach Rupp, great game. Take us to the last 20 seconds. What’d you tell the boys?
比赛精彩至极 最后20秒你跟球员传授了什么
I knew it was 20 seconds. I gave them a good play.
时间还剩20秒 我制定了一个战术
Something in our playbook we used for years.
战术手册上的内容我们长年演练
The boys performed it to perfection.
小伙子们已运用得炉火纯青
I’m gonna introduce myself.
我要去自我介绍一下
and I know you’re gonna let me go.
对不起我要走了 让我走吧
Figures. Thank you, Coach.
好大牌 教练谢谢你
Coach. No more interviews. Thank you.
教练 拜托 不接受采访了
Don Haskins. I’m the coach over at Texas Western.
我是德州西部大学教练唐·哈斯金斯
Just wanted to introduce myself.
碰巧今天结识阁下
Congratulate you on another great year and…
祝贺你又是战功显赫的一年
These your boys? Yes, sir.
那边是你的球员? 是的 教练
Yes, sir, my players.
没错 我的球员
Well, you had a fine season. See you down the road.
你这个赛季干得不错 咱们球场上见
Losers! We don’t want your kind!
败类 我们不想看到你们
Ignore all this trash! Just get out on the court.
别管这些垃圾 直接到球场上去
Don’t you come in here!
你们敢进来
Look at all these stupid kids!
瞧这帮傻瓜
Let go of me, boy!
放开我 小子
Don’t listen to ’em. Come on, focus.
别理他们 专心比赛
That’s easy for you say. Don’t listen to ’em.
你说得倒轻巧 别理他们
In spite of a hostile crowd. The Miners have played well tonight
面对敌视的观众 矿工队今晚发挥出色
as they look to close out East Texas.
他们大概想尽快把 东德州立大学踢出局
And there’s a block. And a fast break opportunity for the Lions.
盖帽 雄狮队获得快攻机会
And Jason Stevens puts it up for two.
杰森·史蒂文森上篮得到2分
Could have been in a Miners’ uniform if Coach had been able to recruit him.
他本来被矿工队教练相中未果
I see Coach must be clearing the bench, huh?
教练让你上是为了擦凳子吧
And Stevens. With the hot hand here in the second half. Being guarded by Baudoin.
下半场手风正顺的史蒂文森 现由鲍顿看防
Coach sends his best.
教练派上的是最狠的
This has been a hard fought game on both sides. Miners lead by five.
对双方来说这是场异常艰苦的比赛 矿工队暂时领先5分
Takes it in to Big Daddy. Who’s pushed to the floor!
大老爹摔倒趴在了场上
Are you kiddin’ me? It is getting rough.
你没搞错吧! 比赛动作愈发粗野
Let’s see who the foul’s on. They call it on Lattin! I can’t believe this!
看看是谁犯规了 判拉丁犯规 我真是不敢相信
Lattin’s gotta watch his temper here.
拉丁要控制控制他的脾气了
He’s already fouled out of ten games this year.
这个赛季中他已有10次被罚下场了
Technical foul.
技术犯规
Just sit down. You never let your anger get the better of you.
坐下来 记住一定要保持冷静
He stuck his knee out! I know.
他用膝盖顶我 我看见了
Lattin’s temper is gonna cost the Miners. You gotta hold yourself together.
矿工队会为拉丁的脾气付出代价的 你必须冷静冷静
He’s sticking his knee out! You hold yourself together.
他伸出膝盖绊我 你必须冷静冷静
Keep that anger inside you and I’ll let you know when you can let it go, understand?
把怒火压在心里 该爆发的时候我会告诉你 懂吗
At the beginning of the season. No one could have imagined
赛季之初没有人会想到
that we would wind up where we are now:
矿工队会一路过关斩将
Number four in the nation.
现在排名全国第4
Close on the heels of powerhouses like Kentucky and Kansas.
位于强队肯塔基和堪萨斯之后
Now. With two weeks to go before the NCAA tournament starts.
NCAA锦标赛开始还有两个星期
We’re not a secret anymore.
我们已是名副其实的强队
Been this cold before.
天气真冷啊
Man!
伙计们
Ross, Coach, hurry!
罗斯 教练 快过来
Oh, man. Moe, get us checked out.
我的天啊 摩 马上结♥帐♥离开这里
Listen, we’re gonna get on the bus and go to Seattle tonight, all right?
听着 大家到车上去 我们今晚坐车去西雅图 好吗?
Get your stuff, pack up and let’s get on the bus.
整理好你们的物品 我们马上乘车离开
Hey, man.
嘿,老兄
You ever get scared?
你害怕过吗?
When I was a kid in Houston…
我小的时候在休斯敦
a white gang strung me on a fire escape till I peed my pants.
一个白人混混把我绑在防火梯上 直到我吓得尿了裤子
I came back down and…
我下来后
took nothing from nobody ever again.
我就再也没从穷♥人♥那里偷过东西
Took it to every honky on the block…
并开始对街区里的白鬼以牙还牙
till they left Big Daddy D alone.
直到他们不敢惹我大老爹
But this is different.
但是这次不一样
This is worse.
情况更糟
This is the whole world.
全世界都在与你作对
Everything all right, Coach? Oh, what’d I get these guys into, Ross?
教练 一切太平吗? 我让这些孩子陷入什么样的境地啊
You did the right thing.
你做的一点没错
You think about what these boys had to overcome just to get here.
想想看他们克服了什么样的困境 取得今天的成绩
You think about how they’ve been degraded and humiliated,
想想看他们承受了什么样的侮辱
just ’cause they black, by all these “civilized” folks.
就因为他们在那些 “文明人”眼中皮肤是黑色的
Shame on us.
耻辱的是我们啊
WTSM. 1380 broadcasting live from Seattle. Washington.
华盛顿州 西雅图市WTSM 调频1380 现场广播
Hi, Miners fans. Thanks for joining us at a packed house in the Pacific Northwest.
嗨 矿工队的球迷们 谢谢大家莅临太平洋西北区一小球场
The question: Will the Miners. In the last regular season game here in Seattle.
我们的问题是 矿工队会在这最后一场常规赛上
Take the number one spot in the NC 2A polls?
夺取NCAA头名的交椅吗
Adolph Rupp’s fabled Wildcats dropped a nail biter to Tennessee last night.
昨天晚上阿道夫·拉普率领 的野猫队痛揍了田纳西
And that will allow the Miners. If they win here tonight.
如果矿工队今晚能够赢得这场比赛
To take the number one spot in the nation.
就能跃居榜首
Hey, Lattin, you didn’t jump high enough to get toilet paper under your shoe.
拉丁 要想拿到鞋子下的卫生纸 你还要跳的更高
The Chieftains go down for an easy lay up.
酋长队很轻松的上篮拿到2分
Miners making it a little too easy for the Chieftains at this point.
矿工队这么轻易 就让酋长队拿到这2分
Armstrong down low.
阿姆斯特朗低位要球
Armstrong’s wide open. Flournoy looks down there. Will not pass the ball.
阿姆斯特朗无人看防 佛罗诺看了一眼 没有传球
He wants to go it alone. Launches a 20 footer. It’s off the mark.
他想单打独斗 中距离跳投 偏离篮框
Come on, man, I was wide open.
拜托 我无人防守啊
Hill, we’re in orange tonight.
希尔 打客场不容托大啊
Come on, Shed, meet the pass. Don’t worry about me.
谢德 接球当心啊 别操心我
The Miners are just playing flat.
矿工队好象脚底灌铅跳不起来
Your guy just got by you, Hill.
希尔你是怎么防守的
There’s no chemistry. No energy. It’s every man for themselves out there.
没有配合 没有能量 每个人都各自为战
They’re not playing like a team. That jump was no good.
他们没打出团队精神 这个跳投也没进
Coach, you’re in my chair. I like the view better down here.
教练 你坐了我的位子了 这个位置看球更舒服
Eight minutes to play. And I hate to say this.
比赛还剩8分钟 不得不说
But it looks like our Miners have given up.
矿工队看来已经缴械投降了
They’ve got only themselves to blame.
他们只能怪自己不争气
They didn’t play together or find the open man.
球队形如一盘散沙 也找不到空档的球员
And the Miners’ perfect season is slipping away.
矿工队的全胜赛季就这样溜走了
You stunk out there tonight!
你们今晚打的是什么球
Squeaky could have played better D than you did.
斯奎克的防守都可以比你们做得好
And, Shed, are you kiddin’ me?
谢德 你不是在梦游吧
That was the same ol’ weak, scared Shed out there.
原来的谢德又回来了
Maybe you thought what used to be an undefeated record meant something.
大概你们以为过去的不败战绩 很了不起
That we could just waltz our way in the tournament.
凭这个就能继续笑傲锦标赛
Maybe these crackers is getting to us. Why you looking at me, Bobby Joe?
也许白杂碎已经影响到我们 你看我♥干♥吗 鲍比·乔
You a cracker, ain’t you?
你难道不是白杂碎吗?
Coach, the more we win, the harder it is for us out there.
教练 我们赢得越多 我们就越成为众矢之的
What do you suggest we do, Shed? Lose?
那你能给我们什么好建议 谢德 输球?
Give them what they want?
让他们得偿所愿
You think basketball is everything, Coach. And that’s easy for you to say.
教练你可以说篮球就是一切 你这么说很轻松
But you don’t have rednecks in your face all the time.
因为南方佬不会整天盯着你
None of you white boys get it
你们白人无法理解我们的心情
because you don’t have people breaking into your room
因为没人会破你们的门 入你们的室
or shoving your head in toilets.
把你们的头按到马桶里
It’s not us.
我们不是那样的
White is white, Green Acres, and that means you too.
白色就是白色 农场仔 你也是一样
Yeah, I’m white. And you’ve never been able to see past that! We’re not like them!
没错 我是白小子 你就是揪住这点不放 我们不像他们
Think we haven’t had heat come down on us?
我们难道就没压力吗
You’re the ones out there skating by, while we’re out there sweating blood.
我们流血的时候 你们却是在闲庭信步
You think it’s easy being on this team?
你以为做这支球队的一份子很轻松?
Taking a backseat to you every day?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!