快忘记我以前说过的那些话
I’ve been selling more dinettes than I’ve sold in the last four years combined.
我卖♥♥掉的厨具比过去四年加起来还要多
You’re 24 hours from the biggest game in college basketball. How do you feel?
明天大学篮球界最关键的比赛 就要开打 现在感觉如何?
You know, I’ve been here before.
我以前也经历过这样的时刻
It’s been some time now, but I’ve had some success here
我当时是胜利者 尽管有一段时间了
and I feel like I’m coming home, really.
现在我感觉像回到家一样
I’m just glad to be here.
我很高兴能来到这里
I’d like to ask you about your controversial win over Kansas.
我想知道对堪萨斯的那个争议球 你有何评论
There’s no controversy. JoJo White stepped out of bounds. They lost, we won.
毫无争议 乔乔·怀特脚踩边线 他们输了 我们赢了
Coach Haskins, how do you plan on stopping Louie Dampier and Pat Riley?
教练 你打算怎么防守路易尔和全美明星球员帕特?
Ask Coach Rupp how he plans on
不如问问拉普教练打算怎么防守
stopping David Lattin and Bobby Joe Hill.
大卫·拉丁和鲍比·乔·希尔
Who?
谁?
You have to admit. Coach Rupp.
拉普教练你得承认
That the Negro player is changing the game of basketball.
黑人球员正在改变篮球这项运动
Oh?
是吗?
Well, as far as I know, basketball’s about taking the basketball, putting it in the hoop.
据我所知 篮球是项把球放进篮里的运动
And you can quote me. I don’t think that’s going to change.
你可以引用我说的这番话 我认为这点是不会变的
That horrible man, playing those coloreds.
那个启用黑人打球的烂人
And where are you from, sweetheart?
亲爱的 你从哪里来?
El Paso, Texas. I’m married to that horrible man you were just talking about.
德州埃尔·帕索 你说的那个烂人是我的丈夫
Coach Rupp, what do you think of their lightning quick guard, Bobby Joe Hill?
拉普教练 你对闪电侠鲍比·乔·希尔有何看法
He’s a good boy. But there’s lots of good boys out there this year.
这孩子不错 但今年涌现的好球员很多
Well. This good little boy led us to 23 and one.
这个不错的小个子带领我们23胜1负
Well, I think you understood my point.
我想你明白我的观点
My point is that we at Kentucky don’t worry about the boys in other uniforms.
我的观点就是肯塔基不管别人怎么样
We play our game.
我们按照自己的方式打就是了
Don’t pay them any mind. It’s just how some people were raised.
别放在心上 有些人从小就是这样的家教
Well, they weren’t raised right.
他们家教有问题
I guess not.
我看也是
But not everybody thinks like that.
但不是每个人都这样想
My name is Esther.
我是埃斯特
Esther Rupp.
埃斯特·拉普
Nice to meet you. Mary Haskins.
很高兴认识你 我是玛丽·哈斯金斯
Let’s get this game over with so we can get back to Memphis.
熬过这场比赛就能回孟菲斯了
Well, one thing’s for sure can’t no five niggers beat five white boys.
有一件事可以肯定 5个黑人肯定不是5个白人的对手
Yeah. Just black trash, that’s all they are. They think they belong here.
他们都是黑垃圾 仅此而已 还以为自己有资格站在这里
Harris. That’s enough.
哈里斯 别说了
Wait, I’m just getting started here. Hold it.
我还没说完呢 等一下
Maybe old Coach Rupp still has a thing to learn about basketball.
或许老拉普教练在篮球上 还有一点需要学习
These boys are playing for more than just the championship.
这些孩子打球不仅是为了冠军
When I came here…
我刚来的时候
I didn’t wanna come.
我是不情愿的
I didn’t wanna be a part of this.
我不想和这有什么牵连
But I was wrong, Don.
但是我错了 唐
I was wrong.
我曾经错了
You know, my dad called.
我父亲打电♥话♥来
He said everybody in town’s going to Thelma’s Steakhouse to watch the game.
他说镇上每个人都去西尔玛餐厅看球
He said he was proud of me.
我父亲说他为我感到自豪
It was always just a game to me. But now it feels like a lot more than a game.
以前这对我而言就是比赛而已 但现在感觉却不止如此
Yeah, I know what you mean, brother. Feels like my whole life.
我懂你的意思 感觉像一生最重要的时刻
My folks are driving down with Willie’s parents.
我的亲友和威利的父母一道驱车而来
My old man’s coming too.
我爸爸也来了
He was always a baseball fan. But I think he’s finally liking basketball.
他过去一直是个棒球迷 但是我想他最终喜欢篮球了
Bobby Joe. You hear me, man?
鲍比·乔你在听吗?
This ain’t gonna be nothing. It’s just a day at the playground.
这什么也不是 就是场比赛罢了
Hello?
你好
Take a look out there.
看看那里
We can’t win tomorrow night.
我们明晚不可能取胜
You’re not a championship team.
你们没有冠军相
You’ve been lucky so far, but tomorrow your luck’s gonna run out.
你们到目前为止很走运 但明天运气就用完了
To win at this level, you gotta have a…
要想赢得这样的比赛
intelligence inside you out on that court.
篮球智商一定要高
You gotta be able to think.
要有思考能力
We just got too much of the wrong complexion.
我们碰到的麻烦够多了
You’re athletes, sure.
当然你们是运动员
But so are monkeys.
同样也是群猴子
You can run. You can jump.
你们能跑能跳
Maybe even hit the occasional outside shot with the right training,
通过正确训练 也许还能碰巧投中超远投篮
but to compete against a real team…
但是一旦和强队对决
Well, should I go on, or you as sick of this same old tired line of BS as I am?
还要继续吗 或者你们也像我一样 厌倦了评论员的老一套
I’m so sick of it, tonight I made a decision that we’re gonna put a stop to it forever.
我厌倦了 今晚我做出了一个决定 以期彻底消灭这种看法
Lattin.
拉丁
Flournoy.
佛罗诺
Artis, Cager, Worsley, Hill.
阿蒂斯 凯奇 沃斯利 希尔
Shed.
谢德
Five starters, two subs.
5位首发外加2个替补
minutes, seven players.
40分钟 7个球员40
I’m only gonna play the black players in the final game tomorrow.
明天我只派黑人球员上场
Just you.
就你们7个
Togo, Armstrong, Palacio,
托格 阿姆斯特朗 帕拉奇奥
Myers, Baudoin.
迈尔 鲍顿
I know how hard every one of you worked to get here. I don’t wanna hurt any of you.
我明白大家走到今天很不容易 我不想伤害大家
Coach. I can’t lie.
教练 我不想撒谎
I wanna play.
我想上场打球
I do. We all wanna play.
我这样想 大伙都这样想
But I just wanna say one thing.
但我只想说一句话
Tomorrow night,
明天晚上
y’all go out there and show ’em how bad five brothers can be on the court.
你们上场以后 让他们尝尝五个兄弟加起来有多贬义
OK?
好吗?
Flournoy, if you don’t get back and play defense, I’ll be all over your black butt.
佛罗诺 如果你退守不及时的话 我会踢烂你的黑屁♥股♥
Good evening and welcome to the Cole Field House for the finals
晚上好 欢迎大家莅临菜田体育馆
NCAA的冠军争夺战of the NCAA Championship game
观看
between the University of Kentucky and Texas Western College.
肯塔基大学对阵德州西部大学
And here come the Miners.
首先出场的是矿工队
When this tournament began. Virtually everybody
锦标赛开始之初
could have predicted one of our finalists.
大家就已经能猜到决赛球队中的一支了
But I don’t think anyone could have predicted the other.
但我想没人猜得到另一支
It’s Texas Western College against the University of Kentucky
由德州西部大学挑战肯塔基大学
NCAA最高殊荣for the NCAA Championship.
竞争
A little mining college from out in West Texas.
德州西部小小一个冶矿大学
A scrappy bunch with an unusual lineup going against basketball royalty.
以七拼八凑的阵容来挑战篮坛至尊
The Baron of the Bluegrass and his four NCAA men’s championships.
来自蓝莓草男爵率领的四届冠军球队
If there was ever more of a mismatch, I don’t remember it.
我想没有比这更悬殊的差距了
Here’s tonight’s starting lineup for the Kentucky Wildcats.
今晚肯塔基野猫队的先发阵容是
At guard number 30, six three, Tommy Kron.
身背30号♥ 6尺3寸的后卫汤米·科隆
The Cats are led by two great all Americans.
野猫队的核心 2名全美明星球员
First of all. Sharp shooting Louie Dampier and the high scoring Pat Riley.
首先是神投手路易·丹皮尔 和得分王帕特·莱利
These guys play with speed.
这些球员具备速度
They play with poise and they play with intelligence.
场上冷静 用脑子打球
And the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats. Adolph Rupp.
肯塔基野猫队的教练阿道夫·拉普
Now here’s the starting lineup for the Texas Western Miners.
现在是德州西部大学矿工队 的先发阵容
At guard. Out of Detroit. Michigan. Number 14. five ten. Bobby Joe Hill.
来自密歇根底特律 5尺10寸的后卫 14号♥鲍比·乔·希尔
At the other guard, number 24, five six Willie Worsley.
另一名后卫 身高5尺6寸24号♥沃斯利
At center. From Houston. Texas. Number 43. six seven. David Lattin.
中锋 来自德州休斯顿 43号♥ 6尺7寸的大卫·拉丁
At forward. Number 44. six five. Harry Flournoy.
44号♥ 6尺5寸的前锋 哈里·佛罗诺
At the other forward. Number 20. Orsten Artis.
另一名前锋是20号♥奥斯滕·阿蒂斯
And the coach of the Texas Western Miners. Don Haskins.
德州西部大学矿工队的教练 唐·哈斯金斯
We have a David versus Goliath match up.
这里将上演一场实力悬殊的对决
Texas Western against Kentucky for the NCAA Championship.
德州西部大学和肯塔基大学 争夺NCAA冠军
You had a great season, Coach. You must be thrilled to be here.
这个赛季干的不错 能来这里你一定很意外
One, two, three. Miners!
1 2 3 矿工队
You three guards are in there to stop their fast break.
你们3个后卫要当心他们的快攻
Make them have to walk it down the court.
迫使他们慢步运球至前场
You saw who they put on the floor. They’re gonna try to run against us.
你们看看和我们对决的 是些什么球员
In an unprecedented move, Coach Haskins is starting five Negro players.
史无前例的首发 哈斯金斯教练派上5名黑人球员
That’s a spit in the face. A first in NCAA Championship history.
这是对我们的不尊重 这是NCAA冠军赛首例
Now I want you to get angry. Go out there first time you get the ball and dunk it.
我希望你们愤怒起来 一上场有机会就砸篮
I don’t care if you have to run someone over to do it.
我不在乎在谁头上扣进
We’re faster. We can spit right back.
我们速度快 以牙还牙就是了
Send ’em a message. Get in there.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!