Bloody likely.
不,他们要绞死我
No. They was taking me
to be hanged.
可我跑了
But I escaped.
还没一条囚船能关得住我马格威奇
Ain’t no prison ship
could hold Abel Magwitch.
啊,请允许我冒昧地问一声
Uh, may I make so bold
as to inquire
我们在那阴冷的洼地分手以后
how you have done so well
你是怎么发的财?
since you and me was out
on them shivering marshes?
我…我我被指定…继承了一点财产
I– I was chosen to succeed
to some property.
哦,敝人能不能问一声是什么财产?
Oh. And might a mere varmint
inquire, what property?
我…我不知道
I– I– I don’t know.
呃,是不是让我猜一猜
Uh, could I make a guess,
I wonder,
你二十一岁收入是多少?
to your income
since you’ve come of age?
那头一个数字…是…是五吧
As to the first figure, now,
a five.
那保护人♥大♥概是个律师
Concerning your guardian,
some lawyer may be,
至于…那律师姓的头一个字母
as to the, uh, first letter
of that lawyer’s name,
大概是”J”
would it be a “J”?
大概他还告诉过你,你要
And would he tell you
you was always to go by
永远叫匹普
the name of Pip,
而且不许你问
and you was never to ask
who it was
把你培养成上等人的是谁
what made a gentleman of you?
对,匹普好孩子,那人就是我
Yes, Pip, it’s here, boy.
It’s me, what has done it.
当时我起誓,有朝一日我挣到钱
I swore that time,
soon as ever I got a guinea,
那钱就要归你
that guinea would go to you.
我…我苦一点,你就能过得好一点
I– I lived rough so that
you could live smooth.
我拼命干,你就用不着干
I worked hard so that you
could be above work.
我说这些是叫你感激我吗?不是的
Do I tell it for you to feel
an obligation? Not a bit.
我说这些是叫你知道,我…我这个…丧家犬
I tell it for you to know
that this… hunted dunghill dog
是你救过他一命,他发财了
what you kept life in,
got so high,
要培养出个上等人
he could make a gentleman.
就是你,匹普
And you’re it, Pip.
我就做你的亲爹
I’m your second father.
你可别怪我直说,匹普
Ah, don’t mind me talking, Pip.
看上去你不像我,这么多年
You ain’t looked forward to it
as much as I have
就指望着今天
these many years.
你一点也没想到会是我?
Did you never think
it might be me?
没有
Never.
没有
Never.
不会,不会还有别人吗?
Was there– was there no one else?
不会
No one.
除了我还会有谁?
Who else would there be?

Eh?
这趟回来一路上不容易
Weren’t easy for me
to come back here.
也不安全
Weren’t safe neither.
可我还是回来了,好孩子
But at last I done it, dear boy.
回来了
I done it.
我说,把我安顿在哪儿?
Now, then, where are you
gonna put me?
嗯?
Eh?
我朋友波克特有事出门了
My friend Pocket
is away on business.
你…暂时先住他屋里吧
You can have his room
until he returns.
瞧,你们的住处
Look at these lodgings of yours.
可真阔气啊
Fit for a lord.
这是干吗?
Why’d you do that?
不得不防,给人发现我在英国就没命了
Caution. It’s death for me
to be found here in England.
怎么会…
Surely…
这么多年了,不会有人抓你了
After all these years there’s
no one looking for you.
有那么个人
Somebody is.
他不抓到我不甘心
He’d stop at nothing
to find me.
你还记得那个人吗?破了相的
You remember, that young man
with the ugly mug,
跟我一起躲在坟山的
what was hid with me
in the graveyard.
我那仇人
My enemy.
光为赏金也要抓我
He’d seek me out for the reward.
更别提他恨不得看我绞死
Not to mention the joy
of seeing me hanged.
放心吧
Well, don’t fear.
这儿很安全,我要保证你安全
You’re quite safe here,
because I owe you safety.
作为我的报答
And I repay my debts.
像个上等人的作为了
Spoken like a real gentleman.
啊,孩子
Ah, me boy.
我为你都打算好了
I have great plans for you and me.
我…堆成山的财产动还没动呐
I’ve scarcely scratched
the top of me fortune.
你能过得像个王子
You’ll live like a bloody prince.
我真巴不得能见到这一天
And I’ll have the joy of seeing it
with me own eyes.
怎么挑我?
But why me?
你总有什么亲人吧
Surely you must have
some relation?
没有,一个也没有
No… No, there’s no one.
有过一个女儿,我丢了
Had a daughter once, what I lost.
现在找到…一个儿子
Now I have a son, what I found.
我只想知道这些话是不是真的
I merely wish to know
if what I’ve been told is true.
你是说”这些话”还是”听说”?
Did you say “told”
or “informed”?
“这些话”就含有相互交谈的意思
“Told” would seem to imply
verbal communication.
你不可能跟住在
You can’t have
verbal communication
澳大利亚的人相互交谈
with a man in Australia.
我最近…听说…
I have been… informed
听说那马格威奇…就是我的保护人
that Abel Magwitch
is my mysterious benefactor.
这个人…
That… is the man.
住在…澳大利亚
In… Australia.
可我一直以为是哈维沙姆小姐
But I’d always supposed
it was Miss Havisham.
这个不能由我负责
没有丝毫的事实根据
I am not responsible for that.
Not a particle of evidence.
不能光看表面,匹普,要有事实根据
Take nothing on its looks, Pip.
Take everything on evidence.
这是唯一法则
There is no better rule.
匹普
Pip…
既然你那个在澳大利亚的保护人
Now that your mysterious
benefactor in Australia
把自己公开了
has disclosed himself,
大概他也记住了我的忠告
I trust he has heeded my advice.
我写信到…澳大利亚…
I wrote to him… in Australia
要他千万不能回英国
that he must never
return to England
否则,他会使自己受到
or he would render himself
liable to the extreme
极刑的制裁
penalty of the law.
明白吗?
Is that clear?
– 明白了 – 好
– Quite clear. – Good.
他一定是听从了我的…忠告
He has been guided
by my advice, no doubt.
一定的
No doubt.
得让他安全地离开英国
He must be got out
of England safely.
可不,但是,我要不跟他走,他就不走
Indeed. But he’ll never go
unless I agree to go with him.
不管埃斯特拉了?
You’d leave Estella?
波克特,他冒了生命危险来这儿见我
Herbert, he’s risked

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!