Dear Joe.
真心的好朋友
Ever the best of friends.
看上去,你的病全好了
Oh, I– I say, you seem fit today.
对不对,乔?
Doesn’t he, Joe?
是好了
Ah. Indeed, he does.
我…呃…我去烧点茶来
I’ll, uh- I’ll go put up some tea.
你可别让他多说话,嗯
Don’t let him
go overdoin’ the talkin’.
你好吗,波克特?
How are you, Pocket?
好极了,匹普,不减当年
Splendid, Pip.
As fit as ever.
你忙着应付那些收账的
You must have had
a lot of exercise,
才练出这身功夫吧
keeping the bailiffs
from the door.
说实在的,匹普
Oh, as a matter of fact, Pip,
有些是乔替你还的
Joe paid some
of your debts himself.
乔?
JOE…
说什么,这,这怎么可以呢?
Oh, Pocket, you know
I won’t allow that.

JOE!
好了,匹普,别叫了
Please, Pip. Don’t call him.
他不在了
He won’t come.
留下了这字条
He left you this note.
都是为了你
Try to understand.
财产到不了手的消息一传开去
As soon as the word was out
that you’d lost your good fortune,
他们…他们都来搬家具
they– they–
they came for the furnishings.
乔不愿看见你醒过来
Well, Joe didn’t want you
to recover
屋子里光秃秃的
in a bare bedroom
without any comforts.
“我不想…多碍事,我回去了
“Not wishful to intrude,
I have departured.
因为你病好了,匹普,我也该回去看看比蒂啦
For you are well again, dear Pip,
and it’s time I returned home to Biddy.
你真心的好朋友,乔”
Ever the best friend, Joe.”
比蒂…教会他写了
Amazing. She’s taught him to write.
现在没别的,波克特,我得报答他
Well, there’s nothing for it, Pocket,
but to repay him.
也许…也许我再回作坊去
Perhaps- perhaps I should
go back to the forge.
要乔还要我
If Joe will have me.
匹普,不能走回头路
Pip, there’s no turning back.
不管怎么你是上等人了
Like it or not,
you’re a gentleman now.
胡说
Oh, rubbish.
我只是个…势利人,一个小人
I was merely a snob
and an ingrate.
上等人要这样我宁愿不做
If that’s being a gentleman,
I have no more of it.
那你…你只好跟我一块干啦
Well, then, you’ll just have
to go to work with me.
不,波克特,我…要离开伦敦
Oh, no, Pocket, I–
I must leave London.
那好,有,有个地方不管什么人
Yes, I– I hear there’s a place
for any young man
只要不怕热,肯干点活的都要
who’s not afraid of a lot
of heat and a little work.
正好你过去打过铁,你不会怕热
Well, you’ve been in a forge,
so you can bear the heat,
我在银行里呆过,我会干点活
and I’ve been in a bank,
so I can bear the work.
那么咱们俩就一块儿…
So together, we should go…
去印度
to India.
也好
Why not?
归来篇 一八五〇年
(是日圣徒节)
♪ Good King Wenceslas
last looked out s
(贤君帘外望)
♪ On the Feast of Stephen r
(积雪覆大地,松脆且平旷 )
♪ When the snow lay round about
deep and crisp and even r
我有十一年…没见到乔和比蒂了
For 11 years,
I had not seen Joe nor Biddy,
可我一直惦记着他们
though they had both been
often in my thoughts,
后来在一个圣诞夜…接近黄昏的时候
when on one Christmas Eve,
an hour or two before dark,
我轻轻地扣着小屋的门
I knocked softly
at the cottage door.
圣诞快乐
Happy Christmas!
干杯,匹普
Cheers, Pip.
我们也叫他匹普,伙计
Well, we give him the name
of Pip, clear old chap.
是巴望着他会长得像你
We thought he might grow
a little bit like you.
– 不像 – 可我们看像
– Oh, no. – We think he do.

No.
我小时候哪有他漂亮
He’s a much better-looking lad
than I ever was.
– 他长得像他妈妈 – 呣
– I think he favors his mother. – Hm.
我又住在伦敦了,逢年过节
Now, look, you will send my godson
to me on holiday visits,
把我♥干♥儿子送到我那去玩
now I’m to settle
in London again?
还是自己娶个老婆养个儿子
Better you married
and had a son of your own.
是啊…这话波克特跟他老婆也常说
Yes, that’s what Pocket and
his wife are always saying,
可…怎么说呢?
but I don’t know. I…
恐怕不会娶了
I don’t think I ever will.
我都成了个老光棍了
I’m already quite an old bachelor.
– 匹普叔叔? – 嗯?
– Uncle Pip? – Mm-hm?
她们的鼻子上真戴红宝石?
Do they really wear rubies
in their noses?
你真的骑过大象,玩过蛇吗?
Did you really ride elephants
and charm snakes?
庞布丘克大叔来了
It’s Uncle Pumblechook!
去啊,孩子,去开门
Well, go on, lad! Let him in.
你怎么请他来?
You don’t mean you invited him
here to spoil
这不跟孩子过不去?
the boy’s Christmas?
他家里没人,再说…今儿圣诞节
Oh, he’s all alone in the world,
and it is Christmas.
老实说,我没请他
Truth is, I don’t invite him.
– 他自己来的 – 哦
– He appears. – Oh.
圣诞快乐,庞布丘克大叔
Merry Christmas,
Uncle Pumblechook.
祝你欢度佳节,太太
Compliments of the season,
ma’am.
我给你带来了一瓶红酒
I brought you
a bottle of port wine.
谢谢,庞布丘克大叔
Thank you, Uncle Pumblechook.
匹普,给庞布丘克大叔倒杯酒
Pip, pass the bowl
to Uncle Pumblechook
可别忘了留点给自己喝
and be certain to save
something for yourself.
你把孩子都给宠坏了
You’ll spoil the boy
by pampering him.
好让他长成个上等人
How else will he grow up to be
a fine gentleman
像他匹普叔叔那样
like his uncle Pip?
哦,原来是在印度
Why, it’s Mr. Pip,
做茶叶生意发了财的匹普先生
made his fortune in India
with tea and spice.
我很想知道知道这买♥♥卖♥♥
I’d very much like to hear
about that trade.
圣诞快乐庞布丘克大叔
Merry Christmas,
Uncle Pumblechook.
圣诞快乐,大叔
Merry Christmas, Uncle.
常言说,学无止境
What I always say is,
one’s never too old
老的也要向小的学
to learn from a young one.
别干茶叶生意了
Get out of tea
as soon as you can.
投资铁路吧
Get into railroads.
到蒸汽时代了,眼光要放得远一点
If I was a young man,
I’d risk my future in steam.
就在我们村里
Do you know they’re building
a railway station
要盖个火车站
right here in the village?
– 是吗? – 是的
– Indeed. – Yes.
就在老小姐家那儿
Miss Havisham’s old place.
我不是送你去玩过吗?
Didn’t I take you there
once to play?
都过去了,房♥子快塌了
No matter, it’s all coming down
now. Ooh hoo!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!