匹普
Pip.
哦,匹普
Dear Pip.
我不是有心叫你跟我一样痛苦
I never meant you
to suffer as I did.
饶恕我
Forgive…
我不怪你
Of course I do.
不管怎么样我都会爱她
I would have loved her
in any event.
饶恕我
Forgive…
我给你举个例,可我什么都不承认
I’ll put a case to you.
Mind, I admit nothing.
你快告诉我
But you must tell me.
举个例说,一个生活在
Put the case of a lawyer
痛苦邪恶气氛里的律师
who lived in an atmosphere
of evil, suffering.
这个律师看见那些囚犯的儿女
Put the case that he saw
the children of convicts,
受鞭打,无人过问,被遗弃
whipped, neglected, cast out,
临了一个个长大了给绞死
growing up only to be
hanged themselves.
就在这堆人♥渣♥里有个漂亮的女孩
Put the case that one pretty child
能够得到拯救
out of this dung heap
could be saved.
他父亲是个囚犯,她母亲是个杀人犯
Her father a convict,
her mother a murderess.
他们的命运都由这个律师支配
Both parents living
under this lawyer’s power.
莫利,把这拿去
Molly, take this away.
而这个律师见到了一个能使这女孩
Put the case that the lawyer
saw the chance for this child
妥善成长的机会
to be raised in comfort
and security.
这个秘密…要不是你偶然发现
Put the case that this secret
remains a secret
将永远是个秘密
except that you have
stumbled on it.
那莫利是埃斯特拉母亲?
Then Molly…
is Estella’s mother?
马格威奇是她父亲
And Magwitch her father.
你…你应该说出来
This- this must be made known.
说出来对谁有好处?
For whose sake would you reveal this?
对她父亲?还是对她母亲?
For the father’s?
For the mother’s?
对埃斯特拉有好处
For Estella’s sake!
德鲁默尔知道了,就不会娶她了
If Drummle knew, he–
he’d never marry her.
啊,你是想救她,是不是?
Ah, you’d save her.
Is that it?
你想使她二十年后再受耻辱?
You’d drag her into disgrace
after 20 years?
她是自愿把命运交给德鲁默尔的
She’s chosen her own fate,
and Drummle.
(要记住)
Remember that.
你有什么权利改变她的命运?
What right have you to choose
another for her?
你要真想救人
Oh, if you must save someone,
还是在你自己身边找吧
I think you might look
a little closer to home.
波克特
Pocket!
我在这儿
I’m in here.
早上好,看我带来了什么?
Good morning.
Look what I have here.
你手怎么受伤了?
Have you had an accident?
没什么,没什么
Oh, it’s nothing. Nothing.
波克特在哪儿?
Where’s Pocket?
你的朋友给我们买♥♥船票去了
Your mate’s gone to buy
the steamship tickets.
到了荷兰我们要好好玩一下,嗯?
But we’ll have a good time
in Holland, won’t we? Eh?
好好玩一下
Well, we’ll certainly try.
不过先得弄牢靠,不能让你
Now, we must make certain
that you run no risk
在码头上给人认出来
of being recognized at the pier.
好,我们先打扮成水手
So we’ll dress ourselves
as seamen.
再么…
Then…
像误了船的乘客坐小船赶上去叫住大船
we’ll row out to the boat and hail it
as late-arriving passengers.
我们…
Thus, we’ll…
就从静悄悄的河面上上船
we’ll board the boat from
the security of the river.
– 合身吗? – 好,好
– S’all right. – There. Fine.
要是都顺利的话,过几个钟头
Well, if all goes well,
you’ll be perfectly free
你就脱离危险啦
and safe again
within a few hours.
(再见,谢谢了)
Good-bye and thank you.
(谢谢,先生,谢谢)
Thank you, sir.
Thank you.
什么声音?
What was that noise?
在哪儿?
Where?
后边
Back there.
我什么也没看见
I can’t see anything.
那划吧
Well, let’s go.
轮船来了
There’s the steamer.
后边有条船
There’s a galley behind us.
停一停,有个乘客上船
Ahoy, there!
Passengers for boarding!
你们船上有个逃犯
You have an escaped convict there!
就是他,他是马格威奇
That’s the man! Abel Magwitch!
我要逮捕那个人
I apprehend that man.
我命令他投降,你们要协助我们
I call on him to surrender
and you to assist.
这下你跑不了啦
Here. Here, watch it.
(马格威奇,马格威奇,当心)
Magwitch! Magwitch, look out!
马格威奇
Magwitch!
马格威奇
Magwitch!
马格威奇,过来
Magwitch, we’re here.
(拉住他了)
Got him now.
拉他上来
Pull him in.
特此宣告,判处阿布尔.马格威奇死刑
Abel Magwitch, you are hereby
sentenced to die for your crimes.
其全部财产由皇家没收
And all your possessions
to be forfeit to the Crown.
你不要难过,孩子
Don’t look so sad, dear boy.
这样…不用上绞架
This way, I cheat the hangman.
我难过是
If I’m sad,
想到你是为我回来的…
it’s to think that you came home
for my sake.
我冒这个险很值得
I was content to take me chance.
见到了我孩子
I’ve seen me boy.
没有我,他也能成个…上等人
He can be a gentleman…without me.
我不是上等人
I’m no gentleman.
这不由我判断,可我看
I’m no good to judge that,
but you are…
你是个…上等人…
a very… ugh, gentleman…
这几天你天天…都来陪我
You ain’t missed a clay…
these two weeks.
马格威奇
Magwitch.
马格威奇,听得见吗?
Magwitch, can you hear me?
你过去以为,死了的那个女儿
You had a daughter
who you thought was dead.
她活着
She lived.
现在还活着
She’s living still.
她人品出众
She’s a great lady…
我爱她
and I love her.
马格威奇
Magwitch?
主啊,怜悯他吧
Be merciful to him.

Joe.
你来了多久了?
How– how long have you
been here?
啊,你昏迷了好多天
Well, you– you’ve been out
quite a while.
那么…你一直守着我?
A– and… you’ve been here
all the time?
差不离,伙计
Pretty nigh, old chap.
波克特先生写信来说你病了
When your friend Mr. Pocket
wrote you was ill,
比蒂她说:”乔”,她说…
Biddy says to me, “Joe,”
she says,
“你快去照应照应”
“You must go
and look after him.”
噢,乔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!