no one seems to realize that I’ve changed.
我改变了
I’m different.
我什么罪都受过了!
I’ve been through hell!
这里的人们关心的是我的军装 我跳舞的姿势
Folks here are concerned with my uniform, how I dance.
我和大家脱了节
I’m out of step.
我向往的是回到家里来开始过新的生活 自♥由♥
All the while, I was hoping to start a new life, to be free.
然而我发现我又得听别人的号♥令
Again I find myself under orders,
处处受约束 机械呆板 甚至比在军队里还糟糕
a drab routine, mechanical… even worse than the army!
还有你
And you, all of you,
你所要干的就是不遗余力地摆布我的前途 要驾驭我
trying to map out my future, to lead me around
让我♥干♥♥你♥认为对我是最合适的事情
to do what you think is best for me.
你一点也不考虑我在身心上都已经长大成人了
I’ve grown.
我已经认识到生活比胸前挂一块奖章
I’ve learned life is more important than a medal
或者干一个无聊的没意义的差事更重要
or an insignificant job.
佩服!这对你倒是一条好出路
Appreciation… Why, you’ve…
你想干什么 儿子?你想上哪儿去?
what would you do, sonWhere would you go?
到某个地方 随便什么地方…到能干我喜欢的工作的地方
Anywhere, mom, where I can do what I want.
要是你心里真是那样想的话 我想你肯定应该那样去做
If that’s really in your heart, I think you certainly should follow it.
我知道你会理解我的
I knew you’d understand.
他又要离开我们了
He’ll be leaving us again.
这没关系…
That doesn’t matter.
他应该有幸福…
He should be happy.
他应该去发挥自己的特长
He’s got to find himself.
你真是好样儿的 妈妈
You’re a peach, mom.
听我说
Listen, mom.
我知道在新英格兰有许多建设工程
There’s a lot of construction in new England.
艾伦!
Hey, Allen.
艾伦!
Allen!
是叫我吗?
Calling me?
停一会儿 我要找你
I want to see you.
坏消息…
It’s bad news for you.
我们要裁员 新来的人得走
The new men have to go.
抱歉
Sorry.
All right.
你是领班吧?
You the boss here?
是的
Yep.
能用一个好把式吗?
Can you use a good man?
要是上周的话 我可能雇你 可是现在已经满员了
I’m full up now.
你是新来的吧
You’re new, ain’t you?
我来了没几天
Yeah, just filling in for a couple of days.
不过 请相信 我很乐意干活
I’m glad to be working.
这是四个月来我找到的第一个工作
It’s my first job in four months.
What can I do for you?
这枚比利时军功十字章能当多少钱呀?
How much for this Belgian Croix de guerre?
Come here, mister.
Look.
床位 十五美分;伙食 十五美分;洗澡 五美分
伙计 咱们玩牌好吗?看看谁输得精光
Some poker to see who bums the handout?
我不
No, I’m afraid not.
我刚到这个镇上 还不知道怎么办呢
I’m new in town and not on to the ropes.
一直在路上吗?
Been on the road?
我的劳斯莱斯坏了 只得靠两条腿走啦
I’ve walked the ties since my Rolls-Royce broke down.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
詹姆斯·艾伦
James Allen.
詹姆斯·艾伦 这就行啦
James Allen, huhThat will do, I guess.
我叫彼得
Mine’s Pete.
认识你很高兴 彼得
Glad to know you, Pete.
认识你很高兴 艾伦
Glad to know you, Allen.
我饿啦
I’m hungry.
去吃点汉堡包怎么样?
What would you say to a hamburger?
吃汉堡包还有什么说的?
What would I say to a hamburger?
我愿意和汉堡包先生握握手
I’d shake Mr. hamburger’s hand
我该说:咱们是老朋友了 可是我已经好久好久没和你见面了
and say, “pal, I haven’t seen you in a long time.”
我想我可以在街上那个饭铺里硬赊两个
I think I can mooch a couple down the street.
开店的那个小伙子是个软蛋…
The guy that runs the lunch wagon is a pretty soft egg.
你看怎么样?
What do you say?
我希望你不是拿我开玩笑
Boy, I hope you ain’t fooling.
舍点吃的给我和我的朋友成吗?
How about a handout?
我巴望你早就离开这个镇了
I was hoping you’d left town.
No, I’ve incorporated. Meet my partner.
我已经有好多天没上你这儿来了
I’ve laid off of you a couple days.
干得痛快点吧
Be a sport.
好吧 坐到那边去吧
All right. You guys sit over there.
该付你多少钱?
What do I owe you?
15美分
15 cents.
生意挺兴隆 呃?
Business is pretty good, huh?
是啊 挺好的
Yeah, pretty good.
怎么个好法?
How good?
这是什么意思呀?
Hey, what is this?
把你的手放在柜台上 把身子倚在柜台上
Put your hands on that counter.
从钱柜里把钞票取出来
Get that dough from the register.
听着
Hey, listen…
照我说的做
do as I say.
快!
Go on!
有多少钱?
How much is there?
五美元
About $5.00.
应该有更多的钱 钱在哪儿?
Where is the rest?
全在这儿
That’s all.
把钱放进你口袋里 随后跟我来!
Put it in your pocket and come on.
Come on, move!
不许去叫警♥察♥
Don’t start yelling for cops.
你不用去叫啦 迈克
You don’t have to yell, Mike!
拿出来
Put ’em up!
以为你能逃得掉 呃?
Thought you’d get away, huh?
可是我没干什么
I didn’t do nothing!
哼 没有?
Oh, no?
没有
No…
没干!
No.
我看没有理由从宽处理 因为是从你那儿找到的钱
I see no reason for leniency since the money was found on your person.
再说 在侦查中你试图逃跑
Furthermore, upon detection, you attempted to escape,
这就必然增加了你的罪行的严重性
which would, of necessity, increase the seriousness of your offense.
因此 我依据本州的法律
I therefore, in accordance with state law,
判决你
sentence you to…
十年苦役
Years of hard labor.
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九 十 十一 十二 十三…
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.
Ha ha!
一个大吉大利的数目
A nice lucky number.
这是干什么用的?
What’s this for?
用来穿你的鼻子!
To put in your nose.
行啦 把它掏出来
All right. Pick it up.
跟我走
Follow me.
把它提起来
Pick them up!
快 把它们拉过来
Come on, pull them through.
All right, tie it off.
这就教会你怎么个坐起来同时抓住这个!
That will learn you to sit up and hold on to this!
行啦 你们这些家伙 上那边去
All right, you guys, get going.
穿上鞋 起来
Get those shoes on and get up.
All right, come get it.
快 快
Come on, hurry it up.
把那条铁链提起来
Pick up that chain!
跟我走
Come on. Move on.
Here,
take that.
Ha ha ha!
动物油 炸面团 肥猪肉 甜玉米
Grease, fried dough, pig fat, and sorghum.
你最好能喜欢它
You better get to like it
因为你每天早上都吃同样的饭 年年如此
because it’s the same thing every morning.
在这个州的任何带镣苦役队里 你都吃不到好一点的饭
There’s no better chain gang food.
你走遍全世界 哪儿也找不到更差的饭了
You can travel the world, and you won’t find worse.
Ugh.
他们想到过有谁能咽得下这种东西吗?
How can anybody eat this mess?
既然你每天早晨都要把它啐出来 干嘛还总去尝这泥汤呢?
Why do you take that slime?
我在练习
I’m practicing.
到我最后离开这儿的那天 要把它准准地啐在监狱长的嘴里
My last day here, I’ll spit it at the warden.
他就该一辈子出不去了
YeahYou’ll blind him for life.
跟我来
Come on, let’s go!
跟我来
Come on. By me!
Come on. Come on!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!