because we dealt with all the issues:
性骚扰 不平等待遇
sexual harassment, unequal pay…
弹性工作时间的重要性
…the importance of flex hours,
照顾孩子的重要性 所有这些
the importance of childcare, all these things.
我妈妈在用胶卷
My mom was using film
试图作为一个影响变革的平台
as a platform to try to affect change.
我的父母真的在做这件事
My parents were really doing it.
他们是在实打实的工作的
They were boots-on-the-ground,
他们有专门的任务 “我们要前进 ”
dedicated mission, “We’re going forward.”
他们一门心思在那里
That’s where their heads were at.
当然 我的父母各司其职
My parents walked the walk, for sure.
他们在圣塔芭芭拉山顶买♥♥了几百英亩的地
They bought these hundred acres on top of this mountain in Santa Barbara
并开了一个夏令营
and started a summer camp.
我的意思是 这是人生的一次散步
I mean, it was every walk of life.
农场工人的孩子 工作室的孩子们的孩子们
Children of farm workers, the children of the heads of studios,
黑豹党的孩子们
the children of Black Panthers.
劳雷尔斯普林斯是一个幻想
Laurel Springs was really a fantasy
他们一起创造了一个现实
that they, together, made a reality.
如果你是一个真正的运动者
If you’re a true movement person,
你知道让它传递下去
you understand about passing it along,
给田地浇水 让种子发芽
and watering the fields, and making the seeds grow.
我们都在山顶上
We were all on this mountaintop together
我们一起生活
and we were forced to coexist.
在劳雷尔斯普林斯 我遇到了露露
And it was at Laurel Springs that I met Lulu.
露露 刚来夏令营的时候 大概是12岁
Lulu, when she first came to camp, she was maybe 12.
她是咯咯笑 爽朗
And she was… giggly, and bright, and…
有趣的是 有了这美妙的笑声 每个人都很喜欢她
funny, with this wonderful laugh and everyone just adored her.
她来了两个夏天 然后就消失了
She came two summers, and then she disappeared.
当她回来的时候 她是与以前大不相同
And when she came back, she was a different person.
她曾被一名表演教练多次性侵
She had been sexually abused repeatedly by an acting coach.
她自闭了
She was shut down.
她的生活节奏失调 豪无组织
Her life was dysfunctional, disorganized.
她的父母是黑豹党 她的父亲在监狱里
Her parents had been Black Panthers. Her father was in jail.
她在学校里成绩一塌糊涂
She was failing in school.
就像火焰变得非常小 但它仍然在那里 你可以看到
It was like the flame had gotten real tiny, but it was still there, you could see.
我说 “我来告诉你 露露
And I said, “I’ll tell you what, Lulu,
“如果你把你的成绩提高到B
“if you bring your grades up to a B,
“我带你去洛杉矶 去我们住的圣塔莫尼卡
“I’ll bring you to Los Angeles, to Santa Monica, where we live,
“你可以和我们一起住在那里上学
“and… you can live with us and go to school down there,
如果你的母亲允许的话 ”
if your mother lets that happen.”
她做到了
And that’s what happened.
她甚至没有说 “我想收养你 或者我想让你成为我的孩子 ”
She didn’t even say, “I want to adopt you or I want you to be
我的女儿 “它只是它只是顺理成章变成这样
my daughter.” It was just… it just kinda evolved into that,
因为这真的只是”我想帮助这个孩子”
’cause it really just was “I want to help this child.”
所以当我来的时候 我刚开始住在他们的房♥子里 然后就变成了 你知道
So when I came, I just started living in their house, and then it became, you know,
我变成了家里的另一个孩子
I was just another kid in the house.
这一切都要追溯到我母亲的童年时代
It all goes back to my mother’s childhood.
我想她的光芒几乎熄灭了
I think her light was almost put out…
当她还是个孩子的时候
when she was a child.
所以 我认为她喜欢找到那些有可能失去他们光芒的人 并且
So, I think she likes to find people who are in danger of losing theirs, and re… and…
重新点燃它
and rekindle it.
不 我妈妈不是孤儿 但几乎算是
No, my mom was… not orphaned, but pretty damn close.
【金色池塘】1981年
我一直想和我爸爸一起拍电影
I had always wanted to do a movie with my dad,
这出戏似乎是一件完美的事情
and this play seemed like a perfect thing.
她为他们买♥♥下了《黄金池塘》
She bought On Golden Pond for them,
她为他父亲制做了这部电影
she produced it, she made it for him,
与他有更深层次的共同经历 在这之前他们从没这样过
to… have a deeper shared experience with him, before they couldn’t anymore.
这是关于一个强硬的父亲的和解
It was about the reconciliation of a hard dad,
还有一个情绪化的女儿
and a emotional daughter.
这不仅仅是一个剧本 而是一个爱与和解的机会
It was more than a script, it was an opportunity for love and reconciliation.
你好 诺曼
Hello, Norman.
-哦 看看你 -生日快乐
-Oh, look at you. -Happy birthday.
看看这个胖女孩 埃塞尔
Look at this little fat girl, Ethel.
哦 诺曼
Oh, Norman!
-你瘦得跟铁路一样 不是吗?-当然
-You’re as thin as a rail. Isn’t she? -Sure…
凯瑟琳赫本和我父亲扮演我的父母
Katherine Hepburn and my father played my parents,
我被吓坏了
and I was extremely intimidated.
这些人物之间的相似之处非常非常接近
The parallels were very, very close between the characters, and… and…
我的父亲和我在现实生活中的样子
my father and I in real life.
但我们从来没有说过
But we never spoke of it.
我们从来没有说过这样的话
We never spoke about anything like that, ever.
有很多无形的东西在治愈我们
There was a great deal of invisible healing going on.
对简而言 这是一种终极的宣泄
For Jane, it was the ultimate catharsis.
在电影中 切尔西和她父亲的主要场景
In the movie, the main scene between Chelsea and her father
这个场景 每当我读它的时候 在每一次彩排中
was a scene that, whenever I would read it and during every single rehearsal,
我都会变得非常 非常 非常情绪化
I would become very, very, very emotional,
因为这个场景离我们家很近
because it was so very close to home.
我想和你谈谈 我
I wanna talk to you. I, um…
我想
I think that, um,
也许你和我应该有一种我们应该拥有的关系
maybe you and I should have the kind of relationship that we’re supposed to have.
这是一种什么样的关系?
What kind of a relationship is that?
好吧你应该知道 就像一个父亲和一个女儿
Well, you know, like a… like a father and a daughter.
呃 只是来的正是时候 是吧?
Eh, just in the nick of time, huh?
担心遗嘱 是吗?
Worried about the will, are you?
放心 我会把一切都留给你
Well, I’m leaving everything to you,
除了我要带走的东西
except what I’m taking with me.
别再这样了
Just stop it.
我什么都不想要
I don’t want anything.
只是好像你和我生彼此的气太久了
It just… it seems that you and me have been mad at each other for so long.
我不知道我们是不是在生气 我只知道我们只是不喜欢对方
I didn’t know we were mad. I thought we just didn’t like each other
我父亲不喜欢
Knowing that my father doesn’t like
任何没有排练过的东西
to have anything that’s not rehearsed,
所有的东西都要经过n次的练习
everything has to be rehearsed down to the nth degree,
我决定保留一件事不告诉他当他最后的特写镜头时
I decide to save one thing that I’m gonna do when I think it’s his last close-up,
因为我想要他
because I want him…
去做一些即兴发挥 我不知道他会如何反应
to do something unplanned. I don’t know what it… how he would react,
但这将是情绪化的
but it will be emotional.
我 我想成为你的朋友
I… I wanna be your friend.
我伸出手 摸了摸他的胳膊
I reached out and I touched his arm.
这是否意味着你会更频繁地出现在我面前?
Does this mean you’ll… come around more often?
这对你母亲来说意义重大
It’d mean a lot to your mother.
他把手举起来
And he put his hand up,
但我看到
but I saw…
他眼中的泪水
the tears in his eyes…
而且 你知道 这对我来说意味着整个世界
and, you know, it just… it meant the world to me.
他爱她 他不能用这三个字来表达
He loved her. That he couldn’t express it in three words
是一种悲剧
is a kind of tragedy.
但在他的眼睛里 在他的脸上 他仍然表现出来
But in his eyes and in his face, he still expressed it.
获胜者是 亨利方达 《金色池塘》
And the winner is… Henry Fonda, On Golden Pond.
哦 爸爸 我为你感到高兴和自豪
Oh, Dad, I’m so happy, and proud, for you.
《金色池塘》不是一部电影 它是一种尝试制♥作♥的工具
On Golden Pond isn’t a movie. It’s a vehicle to try to make
她的家人更亲密了
her family closer.
也许是因为她觉得她的家庭的其他部分正处于十分不稳定的状态
Perhaps because she felt other parts of her family… were in limbo.
你知道 我姐姐的日子更不好过
You know, my sister definitely had a harder time
和我母亲的关系比我的更近一些
relating with my mother than I have.
我记得我从医院回来
I remember coming back from the hospital,
和新生的特洛伊
with newborn Troy,
凡妮莎 高兴地盯着他看
and Vanessa, happily staring at him.
但很明显 他是另一个人
But it was also apparent that he was the different one.
他是王子
He was the prince.
凡妮莎看见我
Vanessa saw me
我带着特洛伊 因为我没有带她去
taking Troy with me, as I had not taken her.
她看到我和特洛伊的父亲住在一起
And she saw me living with Troy’s father…
这不该是她的处境 我无法想象这对她来说有多困难
which was not her situation. And I can’t imagine that it wasn’t difficult for her.
简必须学会如何做一个母亲
The thing about Jane is, she had to learn how to be a mother…
因为那不是她女儿经历过她所经历过的
because that isn’t what she experienced. She experienced,
“下来 向客人们说晚安
“Come down and say good night to the guests,
然后回到楼上 继续做你一个完美的小孩 ”
and go back upstairs and be your perfect little selves.”
她甚至认为她的母亲很爱她 她显然很伤心
And even thought her mother was loving, she was clearly sad.
作为一个孩子 她一定是真的感到了悲伤
She must’ve, as a child, really felt that sadness,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!