There was no way I would have done that picture without Jane.
简是一个迷人的组合体
Jane is a fascinating combination
一个十分有勇气的女人
of a woman who has great courage,
强有力 同时
great strength, and at the same time,
就像是已经习惯了 被
had been used to being… like maybe attracted to being controlled
别人控制一样
by somebody else.
我想 简在她的生活中
And I thought, where Jane was in her life then,
在一个非常的过渡的时期 她是绝对是正确的
in a very transition time, was absolutely right
对于一个想要改变自己生活的女人来说
for this character of a woman who’s trying to change her life.
我带来了一些不同的东西在《花街杀人案》中
I brought something different to Klute
比以前的要多的多
than I had before.
她受了伤
She was wounded.
再也没有信任的理由了
There was no ability to trust anymore,
这对她来说是如此艰难
that was what was so hard for her.
一旦我开始沉浸在那种感觉中
Once I began to kind of marinate in that feeling,
我可以 嗯那么我就可以扮演她
I could, um… then I could play her.
出去打个电♥话♥有什么关系呢
What’s the difference between going out on a call
作为一个模特 还是一个演员或者一个应♥召♥女郎?
as a model or as an actress or as a call girl?
作为一个应♥召♥女郎 你是成功的 你不是成功的……
You’re successful as a call girl, you’re not suc…
因为当你是应♥召♥女郎时 你就能控制住自己 这就是原因
Because when you’re a call girl, you control it, that’s why.
我对艾伦说 “我们能拍下所有精神病医生的场景吗?
I said to Alan, “Can we shoot all those psychiatrist’s scenes
“在最后的结尾”
“at the very, very end…
当我能把这个角色完全理解的时候?
when I’ve internalized her the most completely?”
我什么都没写
Nothing was written.
我没有准备任何特别的东西
I hadn’t prepared anything in particular.
我只是想活在当下
I just wanted to be present in the moment,
让该发生的事情发生
and let whatever happened happen.
我就开始即兴创作
I just started improvising.
一个小时
And for an hour…
给我一个小时 我是世界上最好的女演员
For an hour, I’m the best actress in the world
世界上最好的 还有
and the best fuck in the world, and…
你不需要有任何感觉
you don’t have to feel anything,
你不需要关心任何事情
you don’t have to care about anything,
你不需要喜欢任何人
you don’t have to like anybody…
这来自于我的一个新领域
That came from a new place in me.
那时我意识到任何人都可以改变
That’s when I realized that anyone can change
变得有攻击性
and become fierce.
简方达 你最近一直在让公众大吃一惊
Jane Fonda, you’ve been taking your public by surprise recently.
而不是在圣特罗佩的海滩上被拍到
Instead of being pictured on the beaches of St. Tropez, you’ve been pictured
而是入侵军营并被逮捕
invading Army camps and getting yourself arrested.
从我的角度看 看起来就像一个全新的简方达
From where I am, it looks like a different Jane Fonda.
哦 我想你是对的 我想我是确实与众不同
Oh, I think you’re right. I think I am different.
罗杰瓦迪姆是法国人 他是电影导演
Roger Vadim is French, a director of motion pictures,
还是简方·达的丈夫
and the husband of Jane Fonda.
方达在和平运动中表现的十分活跃
Ms. Fonda is quite active in the peace movement,
致力于民权领域 为帮助墨西哥裔美国人而努力
the civil rights field, efforts to aid Mexican-Americans,
服务于美国印第安人和持♥不♥同♥政♥见♥的士兵
American-Indians, and dissident soldiers.
瓦迪姆说:“方达很高兴 她非常高兴
Vadim says, “Ms. Fonda is happy, very happy.
“但她下定决心”正如他所说
“But said she decided,” as he put it,
承担起她祖国犯下的罪恶 她已经失去了她曾经的幽默感
“To take on the sins of her country, she has lost her sense of humor.”
举一个恰当的例子
As a case in point,
他说 有一天 他打电♥话♥给她
he reported that one day, recently, he called her
“美国人的简 ”
“Jane of Arc.”
他说 她觉得一点也不好笑
He says, she didn’t laugh at all.
我那时就意识到我必须离开瓦迪姆
I knew that I was gonna have to leave Vadim,
要离开那种完完全全的乐主义的家庭关系
and that whole hedonistic relationship.
我觉得我的做法让他非常困惑
And I think it was deeply confusing for him
他关怀备至的妻子要离开他
to have a wife that he cared for leave him…
不是为了另一个男人 而是为了一个想法
not for another man, but for an idea.
她善于很快的从事物的影响中走出来
She tends to move on from things.
其实 你不会真正意识到你自己的一些做法是怎么潜移默化的影响旁人的
You know, you don’t really realize how you affect people when you do that.
就像 “哦 好吧 我不再做这个事了
It’s like, “Oh, okay, now I’m done with this,
因此 我要去结交新朋友 过全新的生活 ”
therefore I’m gonna make new friends, and it’s gonna be a new life.”
你知道 我们被她甩在身后了
You know, and we got left behind.
我从法国回来
I came back from France
搬进了我父亲的房♥子
and I moved into my father’s house.
我开始成为一名积极分子
And I began to… become an activist.
我父亲可以透过楼上的窗户看到
And my father could look from the upstairs window
院子里
down onto the courtyard and see
黑豹党的领导们进进出出
the leadership of the Black Panther Party going in and out,
他对我说 “如果我发现
and he said to me, “If I find out
你是一个共♥产♥主义支持者 我就要把你关起来 ”
you are a Communist, I’m gonna turn you in!”
我记得我跑回我的房♥间 但我还和他住在一起
And I remember running to my room, I was still living with him,
就只能用被子盖住我的头
and just pulling the covers over my head.
一种恐惧的心理遍布全身 对我来说
It came out of a fear, for me
我现在明白那种感觉了 但那时感觉是很伤人的
I understand that now, but it was so hurtful then.
如果你是一个出类拔萃的年轻人 你就会为自己的想法
If you were good young people, you would be fitting yourself
付诸行动 并向我们大家证明
into a scenario that has been laid out for all of us,
制定一个合适的方案让我们适应美国式的生活方式
a nice, set scenario to fit us into the American way of life.
所以说这就要求你举止得体
And it says that you must conduct yourselves
以符合人♥民♥群众的认可和标准的方式
in the manner that meets the approval and standards of the people in power.
我们称之为“独♥立♥自主”
It’s called making it on your own.
我们可以为越南战争做很多事情
There was so much catching up to do about Vietnam
还有关于印第安人的
and about Native Americans
以及黑人的遭遇
and about what was happening to black people,
黑豹党派
the Black Panthers.
我是怎么就这样
How could I have reached the age of 32
在这种无知中活了32年?
in such ignorance?
我感到很内疚
I felt so guilty,
我觉得我不得不去做
and I just felt like I had to, kind of,
所以我一夜之间变成了
all of a sudden become an overnight…
一个代表正义的积极分子
righteous activist.
好吧
All right!
人们普遍认为
It’s generally acknowledged that
刚加入这个运动的人们会变成狂热分子
new people who join the movement become zealots.
你知道 他们就像信教♥徒♥
You know, they’re like converts, you know.
我认为简立场很坚定
And I think that Jane is convinced
她要阻止越南战争
that she is going to stop the war in Vietnam,
她知道怎么做才是最好的
and that she knows what is best
以及如何去做
and how to do it.
我想人们都
I think people felt
很怀疑我的动机
very suspicious about my motives.
如果换做我 我就会怀疑
I would’ve if I’d been somebody else.
“你是一个富有的电影明星 你为什么在乎?为什么你”
“You are a rich movie star. Why do you care? Why are you…
“让自己置身其中?”
“involving yourself in this?
我怎么能相信你是动真格的呢?”
And how can I be sure that you’re for real?”
我不太清楚自己在做什么
I didn’t quite know what I was doing,
或者如何恰当地利用我的名人的头衔
or how to make proper use of my celebrity.
很多事情就是让人猝不及防
So much had happened so quickly.
我时而暴食 时而厌食
I was alternately bulimic and anorexic.
我有时可能会一天只吃一个煮熟的鸡蛋和菠菜
I would, maybe, eat one soft-boiled egg and spinach a day, period.
我服用右旋麻黄碱使我兴奋
I took Dexedrine, which is speed.
那段时间我真的很兴奋
So I was really speedy,
我也一直有饥饿感
and I was starving,
还有些症状 比如 获取那些新的
along with, like, getting all of this new…
信息 电光火石的涌入我的大脑
information coming in at a very rapid pace.
我们今天在这里 和全国各地的人们一起
We here today, together with the multitudes across the country
参与这场大规模的抗♥议♥活动
that are joined together in massive protest,
向理查德尼克松和他的顾问们表明
are showing to Richard Nixon that his advisers…
沉默的大众已经死了
that the silent majority is dead.
我的意思是 不管怎样 我都很紧张
I mean, I’m high-strung anyway,
但是我服用了右旋麻黄碱 不再进食
but me on Dexedrine, without eating
感觉我就像是我必须马上说所有的事情 就像
and feeling like I have to say everything all at once, it’s like…
我很惊讶居然有人能接受我所说的
I’m amazed that anybody could receive what I was saying.
这就像是 “哇 这个女人是谁?”
It was like, “Wow, who is this woman?”
获胜者是参演《花街杀人案》的简·方达
The winner is Jane Fonda for Klute.
我的思绪不在好莱坞
My head was not in Hollywood.
我不再经营我的职业生涯了
I didn’t think very much about my career anymore.
我整个人的精力都不在那
It wasn’t where I was at.
我并不是那种会享有特权的人 他们会去捐款
I wasn’t some privileged person kind of doling out money
然后美名流传

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!