你知道 那确实会对孩子有影响 她不是一个天生的看护人
you know, it had its effect. She’s not a natural caretaker.
她根本没有接受过情商训练
She had no training for emotional intelligence, at all.
我母亲没有做出很好的示范
My mother didn’t have a good example of what
一段健康的关系是怎么样的
a healthy relationship looked like,
我父亲也没有
neither did my father.
我们俩都不太爱谈论我们的感情
Neither one of us were big on talking about our feelings.
我们的生活变得越来越像在两个不同的轨道上
Our lives became more and more like… on two separate tracks.
汤姆曾经说过
Tom once said,
“如果我和简发现我们在一起
“If Jane and I find ourselves together,
那一定是在日程安排上出现了错误 ”
it was a mistake in scheduling.”
我想最后 我们俩谁都不开心
I think that in the end, neither one of us were happy.
和一个公众人物一起生活
Living with a public figure,
她有 呃
who has, uh,
电影工作室和公♥司♥公共关系的工作
movie studios and… and public relations firms working
昼夜无休的工作让她变得更加不凡
night and day to make her larger than life, uh,
一切都变成了人造的 房♥子变成了一个道具
it is… it becomes artificial. The house becomes a prop,
突然间 卧室变成了道具
suddenly, uh, the bedroom could become a prop,
孩子们都是小道具
the children are props.
生活呢?
Where’s life?
她感到了好莱坞的召唤
She felt the call of Hollywood.
这对我来说很不舒服
That was very jarring to me.
我成天喝酒和玩弄女性
I was drinking and womanizing.
我还没准备好成为某个人的丈夫
I wasn’t ready to be the husband of somebody
她一心只想当演员
that was preoccupied with being an actress.
他对她很粗暴
He was very rough on her.
我觉得她很孤独
I think she was very lonely.
这是她不能允许出现的一个弱点 我认为这是她不能允许发生的事实
It was a vulnerability she couldn’t allow in and I think a truth she couldn’t allow in.
所以我认为她会接受这个事实的
So I think she would’ve gone on accepting that.
他爱上了一个人
He fell in love with somebody…
嗯我发现了
um… and I found out.
它确实给了我致命一击 因为
It did knock the foundation out from under me because…
我从来没有想象过没有汤姆的生活
I just never could have imagined life without Tom.
如果我不是汤姆·黑登 那么我就是无名之人
If I’m not with Tom Hayden, then I’m nobody.
在这里 她独自一人在一个关键时刻 对一个女演员来说
Here she was alone at a critical moment for an actress.
当你依然美丽 性感 风韵犹存
when you’re still beautiful, and sexy, and everything,
但是这些家伙不想再和你玩了
but the guys don’t want to play with you anymore.
当雷德福在制♥作♥电影《法律雄鹰》时
When Redford was making the movie Legal Eagles
德博拉·温格被选了 而简落选了
and Debra Winger got cast, and Jane didn’t,
她说 “哦 天哪 发生了
she went, “Oh my God, it’s happened.
“雷德福不是再为我争取 或者是工作室不想要我
“Redford isn’t fighting for me, or the studio doesn’t want me,
他们想要的是新的、美好的年轻明星 ”
they want the new, fabulous young star.”
那是一个非常困难的时期
It was a very difficult time.
只是黑暗的和痛苦的
Just dark… and painful.
然后 我的一个朋友给了我一个名字
And then, a friend of mine gave me the name
她是难以置信的灵媒
of this unbelievable psychic…

who…
预测
predicted…
我的意思是 细细说来
things… I mean, down to the minutiae.
她对我说:“我看到钱了 我看到这么多钱 ”
She said to me, “I see money. I see so much money.”
然后她说 “我看到了陆地就我所能看到的 ”
And then she said, “And I see land… as far as I can see.”
当然 是特德·特纳
Of course, it was Ted Turner.
最常用的词
The words used most often
来描述罗伯特·爱德华·特纳三世
to describe Robert Edward Turner III
是有争议的
are controversial,
急性子
rash,
华丽的
flamboyant,
有争议的
controversial,
雄心勃勃
ambitious,
竞争力
competitive,
还有争议
and controversial.
我敢打赌
You bet your bippy.
最好的建议是永远不要做任何事
The best advice is never do anything.
如果你什么都不做 你就不会有麻烦
You’ll never get in trouble if you don’t do anything.
但另一方面 你也永远不会到达任何目的
But on the other hand, you’ll never get anywhere either… you know.
淡淡的心永远不会赢得淑女
Faint heart ne’er won fair lady.
第四幕
那天
The day after…
我和汤姆·黑登宣布离婚 电♥话♥响了
my divorce from Tom Hayden was announced, the phone rang,
是南方口音
and this booming Southern accent,
他说 “你愿意和我一起出去吗?”
he said, “Would you want to go out with me?”
我说 “嗯 我精神崩溃了
And I said, “Well, I’m having a nervous breakdown.
六个月后再给我打电♥话♥ ”
Call me in six months.”
6个月后 泰德再次约我出去
And six months to the day, Ted asked me out again.
泰德是个天才
Ted was a genius,
亿万富翁
billionaire,
企业家
entrepreneur,
但他也非常英俊
but he was also gorgeous.
我的意思是 他真的是一个英俊的男人 而且非常非常性感
I mean, he was really a handsome man, and very, very sexy.
在第一次约会
On the first date…
他看着我
the way…
的那个样子
he looked at me…
我感觉自己要被吃掉了
I felt like I was being eaten.
他在吞噬我
He was devouring me,
我浑身起鸡皮疙瘩
and I got goosebumps all over me.
然后他说 “你知道 我不太了解你
Then he said, “You know, I don’t know much about you,
“所以我去了有线新闻网 我查了你的档案
“so I went into CNN and I pulled your archives.
资料堆了这么高 ”
There was a stack about that high.”
然后他说 “然后我去了 我查了我的档案
Then he said, “Then I went and I pulled my archives.
我的是这么高 我的比你的多 ”
And mine are this high. Mine are bigger than yours.”
我的意思是 当我们到达餐厅的时候 离我们只有15分钟的路程
I mean, by the time we got to the restaurant, which was only 15 minutes away,
我感觉就像一场海啸席卷了我
I felt like a tsunami had rolled over me.
当他把我带回来的时候
When he took me back,
在门口他说:“我能拥抱你吗?”
at the door he said, “Can I hug you?”
他拥抱了我 他说 “我我得告诉你我被迷住了 ”
And he hugged me, and he said, “I… I’m… I have to tell you that I’m smitten”
在他的心中 他自己并不是一个富有、强大、有特权的人
In his heart, Ted is not a wealthy, powerful, privileged person.
他是一个喜欢玩耍的小男孩
He’s a little boy who likes to play,
有狂野的才华
and who has wild brilliance,
这就是我被吸引的原因
and that’s what I was attracted to.
泰德很崇拜她 他从不让她失望
Ted adored her. He’d never put her down.
泰德真的非常棒
Ted is fucking great.
现在 我宣布你 男人和妻子 你可以亲吻新娘
I pronounce you, now, man and wife. You may kiss the bride.
好吧
All right!
他们的婚礼很热闹 很搞笑
Their wedding was hilarious, just hilarious.
这是唯一一场我们都骑着马去打松鸡之后的婚礼
It’s the only wedding after which we all mounted horses and went grouse shooting
我永远不会忘记我们在蒙大拿的第二次约会
I’ll never forget here on our second date in Montana.
我记得我开着车 他从吉普车的窗户往外看 那是一只鸟
I remember driving around and he looked out of the window of the Jeep at a bird that was…
你可以看到它的轮廓
you could see it in silhouette,
他说这是什么
and he said what it was,
他给我讲鸟的筑巢习惯
and he told me the nesting patterns of the bird.
我想 “我可以爱这个人 ”
And I thought, “I could love this man.”
很明显
It was so clear…
他和这片土地有联♥系♥
that he… had a connection to the land,
还有这些生物
and to the critters,
还有
and… and…
我也一样
…so do I.
我在圣塔莫尼卡山脉长大
I grew up in the Santa Monica mountains,
我知道所有的小动物
and I knew all the little animals,
还有虫子 臭鼬 和土狼 我很喜欢它们
and the bugs, and the skunks, and the coyotes, and I loved them.
家庭生活不幸福
The household wasn’t very happy,
这就是我找到幸福的地方
so that’s where I found happiness.
我们的父母都经历过自杀
We were both children of suicide,
所以我们彼此了解
so we understood each other.
像我一样 他在大自然中找到了慰藉
Like me, he had found solace in nature.
我们每天都要骑 有时是三、四、五个小时
We would ride every day, sometimes three, four, five hours.
徒步旅行 钓鱼
And hiking, and fly-fishing.
你知道 我们经历过冒险
You know, we had adventures.
简 你已经放弃拍电影了吗?
Jane, am I correct that you’ve given up making movies?
哦 是的 当我遇到
Oh yeah. When I met…
泰德 我一直在考虑做这件事
Ted, I was thinking about doing it anyway,
但当我遇见泰德时 我坚定了我的想法
but when I met Ted, that clenched it.
她婚姻生活开始于对特德说:“我要放弃工作

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!