现在不说了,外婆
Not now, Mimi.
乔伊,等等,跟我说今天发生了什么事
Joy, wait, wait. Just tell me what happened today.
我想知道事情的经过 求你了,我想知道
I want to know how it went. Please, I want to know.
很糟糕
It was a disaster.
但你一定不能放弃
But you must never give up.
你从小就是天生的…
Ever since you were little, you were born to bear…
天生的什么,外婆?
Born to bear what, Mimi?
失败者?蒙羞者?
Failure? Disgrace?
在我女儿面前被羞辱的人?
Humiliation in front of my daughter?
在这个家里 你天生就从容大度
You were born to be the unanxious presence in the room.
我知道我会活到看到你
And I know that I’m gonna live to see you grow…
成为一个天生的好家长
to be the successful matriarch that you were born to be.
女性家长…
Matriarch…
成为有勇气的母亲
T o be a mother with courage.
连自己的孩子都养不活
Who can’t even support her children.
宝贝
Sweetheart.
你在这里干什么?
What are you doing here?
我有个主意
I have this idea.
–我认识一个人 –什么人?
– A guy I know. – What guy?
他以前跟我共事过 现在他为一个大零售商做事
He used to work with me. And now he works at this big retailer.
新型的生意
A new way of doing business.
我是说,值得一试
I mean, it’s worth a try.
你会帮我吗?
You would do that for me?
当然
Of course.
他们是美国模范离婚夫妇
They were the best divorced couple in America.
相处得比他们还是夫妻时更好
Much better friends than they were husband and wife.
我能帮你安排跟他见面
I can get you a meeting with him.
在哪里?
Where is it?
但我不明白我们在阿米什区干什么
But I don’t understand what we’re doing in Amish country.
他们连电都没有 他们怎能在电视上销♥售♥?
They don’t even have electricity out here. How could they sell anything on TV?
这跟亚米什人无关
It has nothing to do with Amish people.
只是碰巧在这里 我查过了
It just happens to be located here. I looked it up.
在亚米什区
In Amish country.
是阿米什
Amish.
什么?
What?
–阿米什 –阿米什
– Amish. – Amish.
请签名
Sign in, please.
我们是来见马弗布里克曼先生的
We’re here to see Marv Brickman.
好的
Okay.
马弗布里克曼,如果我打给 他的办公室,他会知道你是谁吗?
Marv Brickman, does he know who you are if I call his office?
他当然知道
Of course he knows.
我们是朋友,我们以前在一起共事
We’re friends. We used to work together.
QVC电视购物网,请稍等
QVC, please hold.
但汤姆的数据都错了…
But Tom was wrong about that. He was wrong about the numbers…
托尼
Tony.
马弗,你好吗?
Marv. How are you?
我今天不能跟你谈
I can’t see you today.
为什么?
Why?
如果你能住在城里,或许明天吧
Maybe tomorrow if you can stay in town.
不行,我们还有孩子在家
No, we left the kids at home. We can’t.
我们待不到明天
We can’t stay until tomorrow.
你不能就这样来就希望能见到谁吧
Listen, you can’t just expect to come in here and see someone.
嘿,你弄好那个广♥告♥事宜了吗?
Hey, did you take care of that advertising thing?
–是的 –很好
– Yes, I did. – Good. All right.
怎么了?
What’s going on here?
–这是我的好朋友,托尼 –托尼马兰纳
– This is my good friend, Tony. – Tony Miranda.
我们一起在金宝汤公♥司♥工作过
We worked together at Campbell’s.
尼尔沃克
Neil Walker.
–这是他的前妻 –很高兴见到你
– And this is his ex-wife. – Good to meet you.
–乔伊 –嗨,尼尔
– Joy. – Hi. Neil.
她是个发明家
She’s an inventor.
她今天想跟你谈两分钟 尼尔,要不算了
She wanted two minutes of your time today, but, Neil, don’t worry about this.
–要不明天吧 –这样吧
– Maybe tomorrow. – You know what?
要不趁销♥售♥团队还在,进来五分钟吧
Why don’t you come in for five minutes while the sales group’s still here.
–好,帮我拿着包 –尼尔,你肯定?
– Okay. Hold my bag. – Neil, are you sure?
–是的 –好,当然了
– Yeah. – Yeah, absolutely.
谢谢你
Thank you.
–都拿好了? –是的
– Got everything? – Yeah.
太棒了,谢谢你,伙计
Great. Thank you, man.
谢谢你
Thank you.
请告诉我们你的名字
So tell us your name, please.
我叫乔伊
I’m Joy.
今天你想给我们展示什么?
And what would you like to show us today?
我发明了一个自己拧干拖把
I have a self-wringing mop.
这…
Just…
要帮忙吗?
Do you need some help?
不用
No. No, no.
好了
All right.
水泼我鞋上了
That’s my shoe.
哦,天啊,真对不起,先生
Oh, my goodness. I am so sorry, sir.
袜子都湿了
Sock’s wet.
你介意吗?
Do you mind?
对不起
Sorry.
那是塑料吗?
Is that plastic?
是的
Yes.
阿诺德,要不你来试试吧,可以吗?
Arnold, why don’t you give it a try? Is that okay?
当然
Yes, of course.
把它浸下去
Just dunk it.
–我沾一下? –是的
– I dip it? – Yes.
然后扭一下?
And then I… twist it?
你要先拉一下
But you pull… You have to pull it first.
–先拉再扭 –你扭之前要先拉
– Pull it and twist it. – You got to pull it first before you twist it.
–我在拉然后… –先拉再扭
– I’m pulling it and… – Pull and twist.
再扭
And I am twisting it.
先拉再扭,就像做♥爱♥一样
Pull and twist, just like when you’re on the road.
我们不是有意冒犯你,乔伊 这是我们忙了一整天了,快下班了
We don’t mean to be disrespectful, Joy. It’s the end of a long day for us.
我觉得我该来介绍一下自己
I feel like I want to tell you a little bit about who I am.
因为我觉得你不知道你现在在哪里
Because I have a feeling you don’t know exactly where you are right now.
我说得对吗?
Am I right?
十个月前
T en months ago…
一个叫巴里迪勒的人从洛杉矶给我打电♥话♥
a man named Barry Diller called me from Los Angeles.
他开办了一个电视网络,福斯电视频道
He started a television network. Fox television channel.
之前他还运营着20世纪福斯电影公♥司♥
And prior to that, he ran 20th Century Fox, among other studios.
他收♥购♥了宾州兰开斯特
And he acquired a little cable channel…
一家小型有线电视频道
right here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
他雇了我来经营
And he hired me to run it…
这个全新的理念
as a bigger idea.
我来自密歇根州的底特律
Now, I’m from Detroit, Michigan.
我曾经营美国最大、最实惠
I ran America’s largest, most affordable…
最成功、最在乎性价比的零售连锁企业
successful, value-driven retailer.
这个连锁企业叫做凯马特
Chain called Kmart.
之前我负责为凯马特采购
Prior to that, I was a buyer for Kmart.
再之前,我负责七间不同的凯马特商店
And prior to that, I managed seven separate Kmart stores.
我决定在我们的商店里销♥售♥哪些产品
I decide what products we let into our stores here…
让它们进入千家万户 全天候为我们尊贵的客人服务
into people’s homes, 24 hours a day, for our valued customers.
我会很小心、谨慎地选择
I choose very carefully and very conservatively.
我一天的大部分时间都是 在婉拒像你这样的提案
I spend most of my day deflecting incoming shots from people like yourself.
你看见那个图表了吗?
You see that chart?
即日收入
这条绿线每个月或平或升
This green line either rises or stays the same each month.
我选的产品都不会出问题
There’s no problem with my product choice.
你知道QVC代表什么吗,乔伊?
Do you know what QVC stands for, Joy?
不知道
No, I don’t.
质量、价值、便利
Quality, Value, Convenience.
我卖♥♥人们可以支付的产品 但我不卖♥♥质量差的产品
I sell product affordably, but I don’t sell cheap product.
你的拖把是塑料做的 而且看起来很奇怪
And your mop is plastic and it looks strange.
说实话,我不懂什么图表
I don’t know anything about charts.
或是
Or…
生意经
…business, frankly.
但我会在家打扫卫生
But I do clean my own home.
我发明这个拖把

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!