叫我第一名
我叫布莱德 科恩
My name is Bradley Cohen.
但我小时候有很多绰号♥
But when l was a kid, people called me by lots of names.
我弟弟杰夫叫我波波医生
My brother, Jeff, called me Dr. Bobo.
我妈叫我 宝贝
My mom called me honey.
学校的同学呢
And the kids at school?
神经病 怪胎 什么都有
Well, they called me everything from spaz to freak.
我没什么朋友 但我有个同伴一直陪着我
I didn’t have many friends actually. But I did have a constant companion.
印象中它没有不在我身边的时候
I can barely remember a time, when it wasn’t there.
现在有时候不会对我带来麻烦
Now sometimes, it wasn’t a problem for me.
有时候就会
Other times, it was.
丢掉什么 丢掉书
Drop what? Drop books?
住手
Stop it.
你害怕吗 布莱德 怎么啦
Are you scared Brad? What’s wrong?
-少烦我 -你长不大啦
-Leave me alone. -Give me a leave baby.
打 打 打
Fight! Fight! Fight!
-这是干嘛 -来啊 有种就来打
-What is going on! -Com’on. Bring it on!
住手 不准再打了
Stop. Stop that fighting right now!
-住手 -快走 快走…
-Stop! -Come come…
回去上课
Get back to class!
少胡闹 你完蛋了啦
Stop that nonsense. You are in big trouble, mister.
女孩掉进泥巴里弄脏了
The girl fell in the mud and got dirty.
我和我多年的同伴有个共识
One thing my Constant Companion and,
那就是我们讨厌上学
I agreed on was that we hated school.
我等不及想毕业了
I couldn’t wait until I got out.
不用再写作业 不用再看书
No more homework, no more books,
不用再看老师的狰狞脸色
no more teachers’ dirty looks.
我的同伴是在我6岁时出现的
My Companion first showed up, when I was six
但过了很多年它才有名字
but it was years before it had a name.
现在精神科医生说我只是过动
Now the shrinks said I was just hyper
我会发出怪声和做怪动作
I made funny noises and acted,
来吸引我自己的注意
weird to draw attention to myself.
这只是一个过渡期 我长大以后就会恢复正常…
It was just a phase: I’d grow out of it and be “normal”…
跟别人一样
like everybody else.
从小到大 这个同伴一直跟着我
Through it all, my constant companion stuck with me.
现在我朋友只觉得
Now, to my friends,
布莱德本来就是这样
I’m just regular, ole Brad.
波波医生
我喜欢棒球 爱听80年代的老歌♥
The guy who likes baseball. And who loves cheesy 80s music.
他们觉得这比我发出的怪声更怪
Which they think is much weirder, than the noises I make.
警官好 我有超速吗
Afternoon, officer. Was I speeding?
超过速限12哩
Twelve miles over the limit.
圣路易 你是观光客
St. Louis, huh? You a tourist?
不是 我住亚特兰大 刚搬来这里
No, I live in Atlanta now, I just moved here.
我刚才大概有点分心吧…
I guess I was a little distracted…
你有喝酒吗
Son, you been drinking…?
没有 我有妥瑞症候群
No. No, sir. I have Tourette Syndrome.
放轻松
Take it easy, son.
请你在这里签名
I’m going to need you to sign this.
你要找怎样的工作
So. What kind of job you looking for?
教书
Teaching.
我想当老师
I’m going to be a teacher.
我经常看到这种表情
I get that look a lot
但我从不放在心上
but I never let it get to me.
亚特兰大地区教育委员会
你有布莱德利大学的学士学位
I see you’ve got a B. A. from Bradley University
-那是在伊利诺州吧 -是的
-that’s in Illinois, isn’t it? -Yes, ma’am!
毕业成绩优异 推荐度很高
Graduated cum laude, high recommendations,
你的教学成果评估非常优异 好极了
your student teaching evals are outstanding, excellent.
你怎么会决定要教书
What made you decide to go into teaching?
我就只想教书 我觉得我是天生的老师料
It’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. I feel like I was born to teach.
为什么选择亚特兰大 你的家乡在密苏里
Why choose Atlanta? I mean…Missouri’s your home.
我想当勇士队的球迷 所以…
I’m thinking of becoming a Braves fan. So, ahh…
乔治亚州认可 我的伊利诺州教学执照
Georgia honors my Illinois teaching certificate.
就爱上了亚特兰大
Plus I fell in love with Atlanta,
而且我来这里当营队辅♥导♥员
when I worked down here as a camp counselor.
我现在就住这里
I live here now.
我爸和我继母也住这里
So does my Dad and my Stepmom.
很高兴能得到家人的支持
Well, it’s nice to have family here to…give you support.
我们还是来谈谈大象吧
Maybe we should talk about the elephant.
大象
Elephant?
这屋里的大象 我的妥瑞症
In the room: my Tourette’s.
不行 基于美国残障法案 我不能问你…
No. The Americans with Disabilities Act doesn’t allow me to ask you…
我知道 但我想告诉你 我也有告诉我教的学生
I know, but I’d like to tell you just like I tell the kids in my classes.
我跟他们解释这是大脑的问题
See, I explain to them that it’s a brain thing
让我发出奇怪的声音
that causes me to make strange noises
就像打喷嚏一样控制不了 你想打喷嚏就非打不可
they’re like sneezes, irrepressible. When you have to, you have to.
学生都怎么回应
How do they react?
他们明白以后就接受了啊
Once they understand, they’re fine with it.
在课堂上从来不是问题
It’s never caused any problems in a classroom.
我只想要一个机会
All I want is a chance.
让我面试
Just get me the interviews,
向他们证明我能胜任
and let me prove to them that I can do the job.
美国残障法案明文规定 我有权利得到这样的机会
The Americans with Disabilities Act says I’m entitled to a chance.
朗恩
Ron!
结果怎样
Hey, how’d it go?
他们就说谁想要像狗叫的老师
Oh, you know…Who wants a teacher that barks like a dog?
叫我去找别的工作
You should try another line of work.
真的假的
Are you serious?
他们没看你的履历吗
Didn’t they look at your resume?
你是在开玩笑啦
You’re kidding.
他们会安排我跟几位校长面试
They’re setting up interviews with some principals.
太好了 几时
Fantastic! When?
我不知道 要等他们的电♥话♥
Oh, I don’t know. I’ve gotta wait for their calls.
换衣服 我们去庆祝
Get changed we gotta go celebrate.
你不是有约会吗
Haven’t you got a date?
我问问她有没有朋友
Eh…she…she’s got a friend.
你也该认识几个女生了
It’s about time you started meeting some chicks.
我现在没心情交女朋友啦
I can’t focus on dating right now.
有没有人说过你走火入魔了
Has anybody ever tell you you’re obsessive?
只有我去看的每个精神科医生啦
Only every shrink I ever saw.
那你慢慢专心吧
Well, have fun focusing.
你♥爸♥又打来了
Oh your Dad called again.
你有空还是回个电♥话♥给他吧
Maybe you should call him back, you know?
好 待会儿见
All right. I’ll see you later.
回电♥话♥给我爸
Returning Dad’s call?
那我要作好准备才行
I’d have to prepare for that.
我爸妈在我小时候就离婚了
See, Mom and Dad had divorced when I was a little kid and my relationship
我和我爸的关系一直都…怎么说 应该算是复杂吧
with Dad had always been…umm, let’s just say complicated?
我磨光了他的耐性 就像黑板上的钉子一样
I mean, I wore out his patience like nails on a chalkboard.
更糟的是我弟弟杰夫也有点过动
It didn’t help that my brother Jeff was also a little hyper.
爸爸说他在等着回亚特兰大的家
Dad said he’s waiting to get back to his home in Atlanta,
他想跟你说再见
he’s waiting to say goodbye
再见
Goodbye!
你会惹他生气啦
You’re gonna make him mad!
来 我们比赛
Come on I’ll race you!
想跟我比 门儿都没有啦
Against The Green Dragon? You gotta be kidding
-笨蛋 -你作弊
-Sucker! -Cheater!
抄捷径
Short cut!
你骑脚踏车耶
You got a bike.
再见了 杰夫
See you, Jeff.
不公平啦
Hey! That’s not fair!
-来啊 -杰夫
-Aw, com’on! -Jeff!
你赢不了我啦
You’re not going to beat me!
不公平 你骑脚踏车
That’s not fair! You got a bike!
不准你这样 不 你作弊
Oh, no you’re not! Oh, no! You are!
好了 小声一点啦 别吵到邻居
Ok Guys! quiet down, you guys, quiet down. We do have neighbors you know.
-过来 -看吧 我赢了
-Come here. -See, I did beat you.
对啦
Yeah.
冷静下来 布莱德 过来 好了 请你专心一点
Calm down. Brad, com’ere. Com’on honey, focus, Will you?
过来 过来这里站好
Com’ere. Come here! Stand here.
听我说 请你专心好吗

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章圣战骑士
下一篇文章甜姐儿
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!