那需要坚强和一些头脑
It takes a kind of toughness, a certain acumen…
显然你都不具备
that you simply don’t have.
把文书签了
Sign the paper.
你得签这些宣告破产的文书,亲爱的
You have to sign these bankruptcy papers, honey.
公♥证♥师就在外面,我去叫她
The notary’s right outside. Let me get her.
你得立即搬出你的房♥子
You’re gonna have to move out of your house immediately.
你得搬去公♥寓♥住
You’re gonna have to move into an apartment.
也许能搬进特鲁迪家的一间房♥间
Maybe you can move into a room in Trudy’s house.
和孩子们一起?
With the children?
对,你有空房♥间
Yeah. You have room.
她是我的女儿,有什么不行的呢?
She’s my daughter. Why not?
我们谈谈吧
Let’s talk about it.
特鲁迪,我们得给她点什么
Trudy, we have to offer her something.
还要给?
Again?
为什么要我给?
Why me?
请签名,亲爱的
Please sign, honey.
谢谢
Thank you.
太婆说你是为振兴家族而生的人
Mimi said you were the one born to help carry the family to success.
不,克里斯蒂,太婆错了
No, Cristy. Mimi was wrong.
世界不给你机会
The world does not give you opportunities.
世界毁了你的机会,让你伤心欲绝
The world destroys your opportunity and it breaks your heart.
我十岁的时候就该听我妈妈的话
I should have listened to my mother when I was 10 years old.
我就该像我妈妈一样
I should have spent the rest of my life…
在看电视和逃避世界中度过一生
watching TV and hiding from the world like my mother.
所以我不想再听到太婆说的话了
So I don’t wanna hear any more about Mimi.
她错了
She was wrong.
她异想天开,脑子里都是些愚蠢的想法
She had her head in the clouds and it was full of stupid ideas.
致使我也有了愚蠢的想法
And it gave me stupid ideas.
就像这个
Like this.
这个愚蠢,愚蠢的想法!
This stupid, stupid idea!
妈咪,不要撕掉它们!不要!
Mommy, don’t tear them! No!
克里斯蒂,我非常抱歉
Cristy, I’m so sorry.
抱歉,克里斯蒂
I’m sorry, Cristy.
我非常抱歉
I’m so sorry.
去睡觉吧 大家都去睡觉吧
Please go to bed. Everybody just go to bed.
晚安,妈咪
Good night, Mommy.
晚安,甜心,去睡觉吧
Good night, sweetheart. Just go to bed.
让你失望了,我非常抱歉,乔伊 我非常抱歉
I’m so sorry I failed you, Joy. I’m so sorry.
别,别说了
Just, just don’t.
乔伊?乔伊?
Joy? Joy?
乔伊,你在哪里?
Joy, where are you?
乔伊,你在哪里?
Joy, where are you?
德克萨斯州 达拉斯最棒的烧烤店
巴特利特旅馆
门开着
It’s open.
你可以开着门
You can leave the door open.
没人知道我在这里
No one knows I’m here.
你甚至都不知道我是谁
You don’t even know who I am.
我可能是德里克马卡姆 或是他派来搞定你的人
I could be Derek Markham or I might be someone Derek Markham sent to handle you.
你没办法起诉我们
You have no case.
也许人们认为你来达拉斯 是急于结束自己的生命
Maybe people think you came to Dallas in despair to take your own life…
因为你在野心勃勃的冒险途中 突然陷入了财务困境
because you were in such deep financial trouble suddenly from your little venture.
我今早打了通电♥话♥去香港
I made a phone call this morning to Hong Kong.
当时是加利福尼亚的凌晨一点 但已经是香港的第二天下午五点
It was 1:00 a.m. in California but it was 5:00 p.m. the following afternoon in Hong Kong.
我总是觉得时差很神奇
I always think it’s amazing how time works like that.
我有幸与克里斯托夫先生通上了电♥话♥
And I was fortunate enough to get on the phone with Mr. Christopher…
他很友善,挺出乎意料
who I found to be very friendly, which was surprising…
因为我没在加利福尼亚 遇到一个友好的先生
because I really haven’t found the gentlemen in California to be very nice…
考虑到我们还有生意往来
considering we’re all in business together.
欢迎来到生意场吧,我想
Welcome to the world of business, I guess.
我告诉克里斯托夫先生,我打电♥话♥是来
I told Mr. Christopher that the reason that I was calling…
探讨我们产品之间的设计差异
was to discuss the differences in the designs of our products.
但是我很快意识到克里斯托夫先生 并不知道
But I quickly learned that Mr. Christopher has no idea…
他的自己拧干拖把的香港专利是否值钱 甚至也不知道是否起作用
if his Hong Kong patent for a self-wringing mop is worth anything or if it even works.
因为他们没有生产或卖♥♥出一根拖把
Because they have not made or sold a single mop.
不像我们,卖♥♥出了超过二十万根
Unlike us, who have sold over 200,000.
而且我付了你五万多的专利费
And I’ve paid you over $50,000 in advanced royalties…
以付给克里斯托夫的名义
on behalf of Mr. Christopher.
那是我家人的血汗钱和 我二次抵押房♥产筹得的钱
Blood money from my family and my second mortgage.
结果发现克里斯托夫先生对专利费 并不知情
Turns out Mr. Christopher doesn’t know anything about those royalties.
所以似乎
So it seems…
我们能以诈骗罪和私吞公♥款♥罪起诉你了
we have a case of fraud and embezzlement.
如果这还不算糟的话
And, as if that weren’t bad enough…
我还发现我们的拖把专利书 并无相似之处
I also discovered in the paperwork that our mops actually don’t bear any similarities.
所以我从没有欠你任何专利费
So I never did owe you any royalties for your patent.
这是另一项欺诈
That’s another case of fraud.
我的律师可以拿下你 但我跟他们说:“给我一天时间”
My lawyers really could go after you, but I told them, “Give me a day.”
看你有没有可能补救
To see if maybe you might’ve made a mistake…
你犯的错误,给你个机会
that you would correct, given the chance.
我们会把你付的专利费退给你
We’ll pay you back all the royalties you paid us.
除了你付的五万,我再付你两万
I’ll give you $20,000 on top of paying you back the 50.
好啊
Okay.
除了你付的五万,我再付你五万
I’ll give you $50,000 on top of paying you back the 50.
加上利息
Plus interest.
我想要回我的所有模具
I want all of my molds back.
我要你在这份文书上签上
I want you to sign this piece of paper…
你没有任何权利分成
saying that you have no rights, financially.
我再添上 我说的那五万
I’m just gonna add… I said the 50…
加上五万
plus the 50…
再加上利息
plus the interest.
我想让你在那两个数字旁 签上你的姓名缩写
So I just want you to initial next to those two numbers as well.
签在这里
So just sign there.
她一直在忍♥耐
She put up with just about anything.
直到忍♥无可忍♥时
Until when she had to bring the hammer down…
她重拳出击
she brought the hammer down.
她不知道接下来会发生什么
She couldn’t know what was to come.
她又申请了一个更赚钱的专利
That she’d go on to make another 100 record-setting patents.
细天鹅绒衣架,让衣柜更整洁
Skinny velvet hangers make neater closets.
这对很多人来说是了不起的发明
That’s a big deal to a lot of people.
谁会想到这些?
I mean, who thinks of things like that?
乔伊想到了
Joy did.
她那天走在街上的时候并不知道 这些会发生
She didn’t know any of this would happen as she walked down the street that day.
是的,先生,今晚是圣诞老人走访
Yes, sir, tonight’s the night for Ol’ Saint Nick to make his yearly visit…
全世界人♥民♥的一年一度旅行之夜
to all the folks all over the world.
每一座房♥子都其乐融融充满了期待
There’s fun and expectation in every house across the land.
说到房♥子,你说我们要不要瞧瞧这一座?
And speaking of houses, what do you say we take a little look-in on a typical one?
我得说你现在看到的 只是这座房♥子前廊的一小部分
Now I’ll admit that what you see right now is just a small piece of the front of the house…
所有成年人和小孩都一样 这是圣诞老人的魔法时刻
but all you grownups and kids alike, this is the time for Santa’s magic…
我想我们能把它变成一座真正的房♥子
so I think we can make it become a real house.
甚至变成一座满是爱的房♥子
Even a house with love in it.
圣诞老人先生,能给我们下点雪吗?
Mr. Santa Claus, can we have a little snow, please?
谢谢,很美
Thank you. That’s fine.
圣诞老人,让我看看这座房♥子的 真实内景
Now, Santa, let me see what it really looks like inside this house.
她不知道有一天 能搬进一座漂亮的大房♥子
She couldn’t know that one day she would move into a big beautiful home.
她的母亲很高兴
Her mother was happy.
她和她母亲一直保持亲密联♥系♥ 而她和其他家庭成员的关系
She remained close to her, and with the rest of her family…
一直都很复杂
which was, as always, complicated.
她会为鲁迪、特鲁迪和佩吉 研发的产品付钱
She would pay for products made by Rudy, Trudy, and Peggy.
即使他们研发失败了
Even when they failed.
即使他们不厚道地起诉 争她公♥司♥的所属权
Even when they wrongly sued for ownership of her company.
鲁迪一天天变老 乔伊一直照顾他、爱他
As Rudy got older, Joy continued to take care of him and love him.
正如尼尔沃克预见的那样 乔伊的确创下了一番新事业
As Neil Walker predicted, Joy did become a whole new business.
甚至比QVC都发展得好
And even outgrew Q VC.
–她在和她孩子谈话 –托尼在吗?
– She’s talking to her children. – Is T ony in there?
是的,托尼在,一家都在
Yes, T ony’s in there. The family’s in there.
她的前夫和她最好的朋友 一直都是她坚强的后盾
Her ex-husband and her best friend would remain her steadfast advisers.
请耐心等候
Please be patient.
我爱你 你们去收拾房♥间
I love you. You guys go and pack your rooms.
–晚安,妈妈 –我爱你
– Good night, Mom. – I love you.
–嗨 –嗨
– Hi. – Hi.
–欢迎 –谢谢
– Welcome. – Thank you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!