二 三 四 定
Two, three, four… boom!
你们好 进来吧
Hey, guys. Come on in.
你好吗 艾米
How you doing, Amy?
你好吗 彼得 很高兴见到你
How you doing, Peter? Good to see you.
-丹 -丹
– Hey, Dan. – Dan.
-你们怎么样 -不太好
– You all right? – Been better.
-诊所怎么样 -很忙 总是很忙
– How’s the clinic? – Busy. Always busy.
-忙是好事 -是啊
– Busy is good. – Yeah.
忙总是好的
Busy is always good.
她来了
Here she is.
哈丽特·威尔逊
Harriet Wilson.
你认识彼得和艾米·埃德加
You know Peter and Amy Edgar.
-彼得 艾米 很高兴见到你们 -我们也是
– Good to see you, Amy. Peter. – Good to see you, too.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
现在只剩 风云人物没来了
So we’re just, uh, missing the man of the hour here.
他应该快到了
He should be along here.
抱歉 抱歉
Sorry, sorry.
-我忘记时间了 -训练到忘记时间
– I lost track of time. – Lost track at the track.
果然是我了解的卢斯
Sounds like the Luce I know.
-你好吗 -我很好 谢谢 陶森校长
– How are you? – I’m great. Thanks, Principal Towson.
-你好吗 -陶森校长
– How are you? – Principal Towson.
快毕业了就变得这么正经
Notice he’s all formal now that he’s a senior.
准备去上大学了 对吧
Getting ready for college, right?
-没错 -聪明人 聪明人
– That’s right. – Smart man. Smart man.
请坐 各位 我们坐吧
Have a seat, guys. Come on, sit down.
-那么 -我想
– So… – I’d like to…
不吉利
Jinx!
你先请
Go ahead. You first.
那我先说最重要的
Well, I guess first things first.
我们之间有一系列的误解
There have been a series of miscommunications
我认为与其试图解决这些问题
and I think rather than try to hash all that out,
不如承认我和卢斯之间
it’s probably more productive to just acknowledge
已经出现了一些摩擦
some tension has developed between Luce and me.
这种事时有发生
It happens.
双方的意思被误解
Signals get crossed and
我们必须想办法解开误会
we have to find a way to untangle the knots,
即使我们不清楚最开始误会是如何出现的
even if we’re not sure how those knots got there in first place.
说得没错 还有
Definitely. And…
我只是想为让你
I just want to apologize
感到不被尊重而道歉
for making you feel disrespected.
这学期我肩上的担子很重
I’ve taken on a lot this semester,
我知道这不是借口 真的不是
and not that that’s an excuse, it’s not but…
但我最近的表现不佳 为此我道歉
I haven’t been my best self lately and I’m sorry for that.
-谢谢你 卢斯 -不客气
– Thank you, Luce. – You’re welcome.
目前为止 我觉得进展非常顺利
This is going really well, I think, so far.
我们来谈谈威胁吧
Let’s talk about the threat.
我也为此道歉 威尔逊老师
I’m sorry for that too, Ms. Wilson.
什么
Sorry?
你这是承认吗
Are you admitting it now?
就像我说的
Like I was saying,
考虑到我最近的压力
given the stress I’ve been under,
我说的话听起来肯定有点…
I’m sure what I said sounded a bit…
不不不 不好意思 这不是压力导致的
No, no, no. I’m sorry, but this isn’t about some
语气不善的问题
stress-induced problem of tone.
这是一个人暗示
This is about one person
对另一个人施加暴♥力♥
suggesting violence against another.
-你说什么 -你当时不在场 埃德加
– Excuse me? – You weren’t there, Mr. Edgar.
有些互动必须亲身经历
There are interactions that must be experienced
才能理解其中的意图
in order to appreciate their intent.
无意冒犯
Respectfully,
我认为你应该更加慎重地措辞
I think you should choose your words more carefully.
-我儿子刚刚道歉了 -真的吗
– My son has just apologized. – Has he?
哈丽特 我觉得为了让谈话进行下去
I-I think in the interest of moving forward, Harriet,
我觉得你承认卢斯确实道歉了会比较有帮助
it would be helpful for you to acknowledge Luce did in fact apologize.
你昨晚在哪里
Where were you last night?
-什么 -我家被人破坏了
– What? – My home was vandalized.
-等一下 -我想知道从放学
– Just a second… – I want to know where you were
到我回家期间你在哪里
between when school let out and I got back to my house.
-我出去了 -去哪里了
– I was out. – Where?
我儿子被指控犯罪了吗
Is my son being accused of a crime?
他马上就要被指控了
He sure as hell is about to be.
如果他被指控了
Because if he is,
如果他被指控犯罪了
if he is being accused of a crime,
那我要请律师
I want a lawyer.
爸 没事的 我什么都没做
Dad, It’s fine. I didn’t do anything.
这个女人的妹妹
This woman’s sister,
这个女人的妹妹刚刚经历了众目睽睽之下的
this woman’s sister has just gone through a very public
-精神崩溃 -好了
– mental breakdown. – All right.
你怎么知道不是她干的
How do you know she’s not responsible?
-我妹妹不会那么做 -我儿子也不会
– My sister wouldn’t do that. – Well, neither would my son.
好了 好了
All right, okay.
大家冷静…卢斯
Everybody just… Luce,
你能帮帮我们吗
can you help us out here?
你能告诉我们昨天放学后你去哪了吗
Can you tell us where you were after school yesterday?
-我不想说 -你去哪了
– I don’t want to say. – Where were you?
-和朋友在一起 -哪些朋友
– With friends. – Who?
看 她在撒谎 丹
See, he’s lying, Dan.
哈丽特
Harriet!
陶森校长 我可以解释我去哪了
Principal Towson, I can explain where I was
但我不想给别人惹上麻烦
but I do not want to get people in trouble.
我尊重你的谨慎 但是
I respect your discretion, but,
卢斯 你妈妈 你♥爸♥爸 威尔逊老师
Luce, your mom, your dad, Ms. Wilson,
我们都只是想弄明白是怎么回事 好吗
we’re all just trying to pin down what’s going on here, okay?
如果你知道些什么 如果你能帮助我们
And if you know anything, if you could help us with that,
这对你只有好处
it’s-it’s only going to help you.
这让我很难堪
It’s embarrassing for me.
开什么玩笑
You gotta be kidding.
哈丽特
Harriet.
说吧 卢斯
Go ahead, Luce.
请不要告诉任何人我给你看了这个
Please don’t tell anyone I’m showing you this.
这是背叛朋友
It’s a violation of trust.
约翰逊 二十小时前
飞叶子
怎么着
What up?
我不想给他们惹上麻烦
I don’t want them to get in trouble.
没人惹上麻烦
No one’s gonna get in trouble.
你们都是好孩子
All right, you guys are good kids.
-我们都知道 -这都是放屁
– We all know that. – This is bullshit.
哈丽特 失陪一下
Harriet. Excuse me.
哈丽特
Harriet!
哈丽特
Harriet!
将军队
斯蒂芬…
Steph…
我认为那所大学对你来说是个很好的选择
I think that’s a really good choice for you.
我知道你最初没有把它纳入考虑 但我…
I know it wasn’t on your original list, but I…
是你让她来找我的
You told her to come to me.
-什么 -你告诉了她该说什么
– I’m sorry? – You told her what to say.
丹 她在说什么
Dan, what is she talking about?
请解释一下 哈丽特
Please explain what your’re talking about, Harriet.
我觉得威尔逊老师最近遭遇了太多事
I think Ms. Wilson’s just been through a lot.
先是她的妹妹精神崩溃
Between what’s happened with her sister’s breakdown
然后她的家又被人破坏
and someone vandalizing her house.
她糊涂了
She’s confused.
对吧 威尔逊老师 你糊涂了
Right, Ms. Wilson? You’re confused.
卢斯 我需要你回避一下
Luce, I’m going to need you to step out for a moment.
我还以为这次谈话的目的就是让大家
I thought this meeting was to get together
一起把事情搞清楚
and figure things out.
是的 但我需要和你的家长
Yes. But I need to speak with your parents
还有陶森校长单独谈 请配合
and Principal Towson alone. Please.
-好的 -不
– Sure. – No.
他可以留下
He can stay.
不管你要对我们说什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!