我非常喜欢你
More, more than any man I’ve ever met.
胜过我认识的任何人
Did you say something to Ada just before I came in?
在我进门前你跟爱妲说了什么吗?
Didn’t you hear my car come up?
你没听到我的车声吗?
Why did Kitty and my mother come out and,
为什么基蒂跟我妈出来了
and not you and Ada?
你跟爱妲却没有?
Look, I really can’t be cross-examined about your sister.
你不能逼问我你妹的事
Why not?
为什么不行?
You must shut up and concentrate, Maurice. – Ada.
莫里斯,住嘴专心点﹣爱妲
What for? – Ada.
你要做什么?﹣爱妲
Maurice, no, it mustn’t end in a row.
莫里斯,我们不要以争吵作为结束
No, you can’t drag in a woman, I won’t have it.
别把女人扯进来,我不接受
Give me the key! – Leave it!
把钥匙给我 -算了
Maurice, don’t make it worse.
莫里斯,不要让事情更难堪
I didn’t mean to.
我不是故意的
Did I hurt you?
我有弄伤你吗?
I’m all right.
我没事
What an ending.
好糟糕的结束
What an ending!
好糟糕的结束!
Maurice?
莫里斯?
What’s gonna happen to me?
我会怎么样?
I’m done for.
我完了
Maurice? Clive?
莫里斯?克莱夫?
What’s the matter? Ada.
爱妲﹣怎么了?
Nothing, it’s fine.
没事
What’s happened to your lip?
你的嘴唇怎么了?
It’s perfectly all right. Just fooling about.
没事,我们只是在胡闹
Maurice?
莫里斯?
Don’t be an ass.
别这样
Yes, he’s, he’s fine.
他没事
What’s the matter with you?
你怎么了?
Nothing. – Yes, there is, I can see it.
没事﹣有事,我看得出来
You can’t take me in.
你骗不了我
No, really, Maurice. It’s, it’s nothing.
真的,莫里斯,没什么
Why…
为什么…
what did he say?
他说了什么?
Nothing. – Who said nothing?
没有﹣谁没说什么?
Clive, he said nothing.
克莱夫,他没说什么
Clive, is it?
克莱夫吗?
What is Mr. Durham to you?
杜兰先生对你来说是什么?
Answer.
回答我
Do you want to know what he told me just now,
你知道他刚刚跟我说什么吗?
when I accused him…
我指责他…
of making love to you behind all our backs?
背着大家跟你亲热
What? – When I hit him?
什么?﹣我打他的时候?
No, Maurice.
不,莫里斯
He said that you, he said you threw yourself at him.
他说你投怀送抱
That you, you tried to corrupt him. – No.
你想让他堕落﹣没有
He complained that you, you made advances to him.
他抱怨说你跟他示爱
And that, that’s why he wouldn’t stay.
所以他才不肯留下来
That’s why he’s gone back to town.
那是他要回去的原因
You, you have the satisfaction of
你称心如意了
breaking up our friendship at least.
你害我们友谊破裂
You’ve always been unkind to us.
你一直对我们好恶劣
Always.
一直都是
It’s, it’s not my fault.
这不是我的错
It isn’t.
这不是
Stop, remember, step back.
停!记住了,退后
(1913年,柏蒙西)
赖瑞,给他好看
Answer him.
解决他
That’s good of you, sir.
先生,你人真好
There ain’t many city gents that’d give up their Saturdays.
愿意放弃周六的绅士不多
Good night, sir.
先生,晚安
Oh, good night, Mr. Hall, sir.
霍尔先生,晚安
Children, Clive Durham is engaged to be married.
孩子们,克莱夫·杜兰订婚了
How friendly of his mother to tell me.
他母亲真贴心,还通知我
Who is she?
对方是谁?
Lady Anne Woods. You can read it for yourself later.
安伍兹小姐,你晚点可以自己看
He met her in Greece.
他们在希腊认识的
“Lady Anne Woods, daughter of Sir H. Woods.”
“安·伍兹小姐,伍兹爵士之女”
Oh, Mother, you got it wrong.
妈,你讲错了
What Mrs. Durham wrote is
杜兰夫人写的是
“I will now tell you the name of the lady,
“我要告诉你那位小姐的名字”
“Anne Woods, daughter of Sir H. Woods.”
“她叫安·伍兹,是伍兹爵士之女”
Do you know her, Maurice?
莫里斯,你认识她吗?
Oh, yes.
认识
Mr. Chapman, Miss Hall.
霍尔小姐,查普曼先生来了
Thank you.
谢谢
Ada.
爱妲
Ada, I behaved badly to you
爱妲,克莱夫上次造访时
after Clive’s last visit.
我对你非常恶劣
He, he never said those things I let you think he said.
他没说过我对你说的那番话
He never blamed you.
他从来没有怪罪过你
I don’t care whether he did. It doesn’t signify,
我不在乎他有没有,这不重要
I love Arthur now.
我现在爱的是亚瑟
Chapman’s a good fellow.
查普曼是很好的人
For two people in love, to marry strikes me as very jolly.
我觉得两个相爱的人能结婚很开心
I wish you happiness.
祝你幸福
Hello. – Mr. Hall, please.
喂﹣请接霍尔先生
Hall, Hall, for you.
霍尔,你的电♥话♥
Argentine Northern Land, gone up again.
阿根廷北土股价又涨了
Hmm, up six. – Hello.
涨了6%﹣喂
Hello, Maurice.
喂﹣莫里斯,你好
You’ll have heard my news.
你听说我的消息了
Yes, but you didn’t write, so I didn’t.
对,但你没写信来,所以我也没写
Quite so.
是的
Well, the wedding’s next month. You’ll be an usher?
婚礼下个月举♥行♥,你可以当招待吗?
Best of luck. – Anne’s with me.
祝你好运﹣安在我身边
She wants to talk, too.
她想打招呼
I’m Anne Woods. – My name’s Hall.
我是安·伍兹﹣敝姓霍尔
Maurice Christopher Hall.
莫里斯·克里斯多夫·霍尔
Mine’s Anne Clare Wilbraham Woods.
我叫安·克蕾儿·威伯翰·伍兹
But I can’t think of anything to say.
但我想不出要说什么
You’re the eighth friend of Clive’s
你是今天早上
I’ve spoken to this morning like this.
我跟克莱夫的第八个朋友说话了
Eighth? – Yes, the eighth.
第八个?﹣对,第八个
I’ll give Clive a turn, good-bye.
换克莱夫跟你说,再见
Maurice,Anne has a hundred pounds
莫里斯,安这里有一百英镑
in her pocket, would you invest it for her?
你可以帮她投资吗?
Certainly, what sort of thing?
当然行,哪一类的?
Whatever you fancy.
你觉得好都行
I’m not supposed to fancy more than four percent.
我不应该想想要超过4%的
Barclay Perkins.
巴克莱柏金斯
Brewing and distillers. They’re at five percent.
酿酒公♥司♥,他们是5%
Or there’s Argentine Northern Land. They’ve gone up a sixth,
还有阿根廷北土,他们涨了6%
land investments. How about…
土地投资,那么…
I like the last one best.
我喜欢最后一个
Very well. Send the check here, would you?
好,把支票寄到这里来吧
Can’t you comedown to Pendersleigh next week?
你下礼拜不能来潘德史莱吗?
It’s short notice, I know,
我知道这是临时通知
but later everything’s gonna be chaotic.
但之后会很混乱
I’m afraid I can’t do that very well. Hill’s getting married, too.
我恐怕应付不来,希尔也要结婚了
Things are more or less busy here.
这里很忙乱
And after that,Chapman’s marrying Ada.
之后,查普曼要娶爱妲了
Well, uh, come in September.
九月过来吧
Not October, because that’s almost certainly the by-election.
别挑十月,那时要补选
But come in September
但九月过来
and see us through that awful Park versus Village cricket match.
来看可怕的公园对乡村板球赛吧
All right.

You’d better write nearer the time.
时候快到时你最好写信给我
All right. Goodbye, then, Maurice.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!