这太不可思议了 快看
This is unbelievable! Look at this!
午夜巴黎
世上没哪个城市能像巴黎 从来没有
There’s no city like this in the world. There never was!
好像你从没来过似的
You act like you’ve never been here before.
我来得还不够多 这才是关键
I don’t get here often enough. That’s the problem.
你能想象这座城市在雨中是有多光彩夺目吗
Can you picture how drop-dead gorgeous this city is in the rain?
想象一下上世纪二十年代的这座城市
Imagine this town in the ’20s.
二十年代的巴黎
Paris in the ’20s,
朦胧在雨中 还有艺术家和作家们
in the rain, the artists and writers.
为什么一说到城市 就都要在雨中
Why does every city have to be in the rain?
淋湿了有什么好的
What’s wonderful about getting wet?
我是说 你能想象一下
I mean, could you ever picture us
我们结婚后搬来这里的生活吗
moving here after we’re married?
天呐 还是算了
Oh, God, no.
我绝不可能在美国以外的地方生活
I could never live out of the United States.
要是我当初留在这里写小说
You know, if I’d stayed here and written novels,
而不是 你知道的 被那些
and not gotten, you know, caught up in that,
千篇一律的电影剧本束缚住
just, grinding out movie scripts…
我跟你说
I’ll tell you something:
我可以立刻放弃比弗利山庄的房♥子
I would drop the house in Beverly Hills,
比弗利山庄:好莱坞的富豪住♥宅♥区
游泳池 所有的一切
the pool, everything, in a second.
你看 这里是莫奈居住和创作的地方
I mean, look, this is where Monet lived and painted.
莫奈:法国印象派画家
我们离城里只有半小时路程
We’re 30 minutes from town.
想象一下要是我们在这里定居
Imagine the two of us settling here.
我们可以的 要是我的书面世了
We could do it, I mean, if my book turns out.
你是爱上了一个幻想
You’re in love with a fantasy.
我爱上的是你
I’m in love with you.
我们应该回城里了
We should get back to town.
我们要和爸爸妈妈一起吃饭
We’re meeting mom and dad for dinner.
那就走吧
Let’s meet ’em.
我们的观光客回来了
There are our sightseers.
要是我再不能看见另一处
If I never see another charming
迷人的林荫大道和小酒馆
boulevard or bistro again, I…
-这城市太棒了 -观光的话确实是
– What a town! – Yes. To visit.
我能想象自己住在这里的样子
I could see myself living here!
我感觉巴黎人真的懂我
I feel like the Parisians kind of “get me”.
巴黎塞纳河南岸 法国人通常称之为左岸
我能想象自己沿着左岸
I can see myself just strolling along the Left Bank with a,
拿着法国长棍面包 悠闲的散步
you know, baguette under my arm,
去花神咖啡馆随手写写我的书
headed to Café de Flore to scribble away on my book.
巴黎著名三大咖啡馆之一
以接待文艺界人士而闻名
海明威怎么说来的
What did Hemingway say?
他把巴黎叫做”流动的飨宴”
He called it a “moveable feast”.
这样的交通状况 什么都移不动
In this traffic, nothing moves.
为约翰在这里的新业务干一杯
Well, a toast to John’s new business venture here!
-干杯 -干杯
– Cheers! – Cheers!
-祝贺你 -谢谢
– Congratulations. – Thank you.
老实说
Well, I’ll be perfectly frank.
这次我们和法国的公♥司♥并购
I’m excited about this corporate merger
我感觉很激动 但是其他方面
between our folks and the French company, but otherwise,
我不怎么喜欢法国人
I’m not a big Francophile.
约翰讨厌他们的政♥治♥
John hates their politics.
绝不算是美国的友邦
Certainly been no friend to the United States.
我是说 你不能因为他们没跟着我们
Well, I mean, you can’t exactly blame them for not following us
跳进伊♥拉♥克♥的兔子洞就责怪他们
down that rabbit’s hole in Iraq.
《爱丽丝梦游仙境》里的无底洞
布♥什♥政♥府♥ 你知道的
The whole Bush, you know,…
求你了 别一次又一次地讨论
Oh, please. Let’s not get into this
这些没劲的东西了
bad discussion again and again.
宝贝儿 宝贝儿 我们不是 再说了
Honey,honey. We’re not getting into… By the way, it’s
你♥爸♥爸跟我意见不一致也没什么
fine for your father and I to disagree.
民♥主♥不就是这样的吗
That’s what a democracy is.
你♥爸♥爸为共和党的右翼辩护
Your father defends the right-wing of the Republican party,
我刚好认为除非你是个
and I happen to think you almost got to be
-精神错乱的疯子 -好了 好了
– like, a demented lunatic, but it’s like… – Okay. Okay!
但这并不是说我们
But it doesn’t mean we
就不尊重对方的观点 我说的对吗
don’t respect each other’s views, am I right?
-我们能谈谈婚礼的计划吗 -好啊
– Can we talk about the wedding plans? – Yes! Please.
就说婚礼吧
Let’s do that.
-你♥爸♥爸刚才… -伊内兹
– Your father is just… – Inez?
-卡萝 -你好
– Huh? Carol? – Hi.
天哪 你们在这里做什么
Oh, my … What are you doing here?
-见到你真高兴 -你好啊
– Nice to see you! Hi. – Hey!
-你好吗 -很好 谢谢
– How are you? – Good, thanks.
保罗和卡萝·贝茨 这是我的妈妈
Paul and Carol Bates, this is my mother
还有爸爸 当然还有
and father, and, of course,
-你们认识吉尔 -你好 很高兴见到你
– you know Gil. – Hi. Very nice to meet you.
你们没说过会来这里啊
Well, you… you didn’t mention you were going to be here.
没 这很突然
No, it was sudden. Um…
保罗受邀到索邦大学讲课
Paul got invited to lecture at the Sorbonne.
太棒了
Oh, how wonderful!
我爸爸到这边做生意 我们就决定
Well, uh, dad’s here on business, and we just decided to
-顺道一起来玩儿 -是的
– freeload along. – Yes.
很棒 我们可以找个时间一起玩
That’s great. We can spend some time together.
我想我们时间排满了 但是我确信…
Well, I think we have a lot of commitments, but I’m sure it’s…
-什么 -那么你们明天有什么事吗
– What? – Well, what are doing tomorrow?
我们要开车去凡尔赛
We’re driving to Versailles.
凡尔赛
Versailles.
-我超想去凡尔赛 -是啊
– I’m dying to see Versailles. – Yeah!
但是…我们时间…我想我们…
But it’s too… uh… we’re late… I think what we’re…
我们明天要在利普餐厅吃午饭
Tomorrow we’re locked in to a lunch at Brasserie Lipp.
不是吧 那真是…
Oh no, that’s just…
是的 真的 那已经…
Yeah. Yeah, we are. That’s already…
我的一个教授在那里用餐时
You know I actually had a professor that dined there,
看到了詹姆斯·乔伊斯
and saw James Joyce!
像是一百万年前的事情 很明显
Yeah, you know, like a million years ago, and apparently,
乔伊斯吃的是德国腌菜和法兰克福香肠
Joyce was eating sauerkraut and frankfurters.
这是故事的结尾吗
Is that… that’s the end of the story?
这不是故事 这是细节的
Well, I mean it’s not a story. It’s like a detailed…
-我们很高兴能去凡尔赛 -很好
– We would love to go to Versailles. Yes. – Oh, good.
我希望你明天在凡尔赛宫
I hope you’re not going
不要表现的反♥社♥会♥
to be as antisocial tomorrow at Versailles.
-我怎么反♥社♥会♥了 -可不是吗
– How was I antisocial? – Oh, please!
我是说 你大可以直接说你不想去
I mean, you could totally tell you didn’t want to go.
他们是你的朋友 我必须承认
Well, I mean, they’re your friends, and I have to admit
我可没你那么喜欢他们
I’m not quite as taken with them as you are.
他很聪明
He’s brilliant.
我上大学的时候
You know, I had such a crush
对他很有好感 卡萝很机智
on him in college, and Carol’s very bright.
他是个伪知识分子
Well, he’s a pseudo-intellectual.
-稍微有一点而已 -吉尔
– Just a little bit. – Uh, Gil,
如果他是个伪知识分子
I hardly think he’d be lecturing
我可不认为他能在索邦大学演讲
at the Sorbonne if he’s a pseudo-intellectual.
你应该把你的书给他看看
You should give him your book to read.
为什么
Oh, come on. Why?
因为他能评判你的作品
No, because he could critique your writing,
也许还能告诉你为什么你有这么多麻烦
and maybe show you why you’re having so much trouble.
我有麻烦是因为我是一个
I’m having trouble because I’m a Hollywood hack
不敢尝试真正文学的好莱坞写手
who never gave actual literature a real shot.
-迄今为止 -别这样 吉尔
– Until now. – Please, Gil…
宝贝儿 答应我
Honey, just promise me something.
如果你写不成这本书的话
If this book… doesn’t pan out,
你就不要再绞尽脑汁写书了
that you’ll stop eating your brains out,
好好的继续做你分内的事
and just go back to doing what you do best.
制片厂很欣赏你 他们需要你
I mean, the studios adore you. You’re in demand…
你真的要放弃一切重新奋斗吗
Do you really want to give it all up just to struggle?
你为什么想那么做
Why would you… want to do that?
我相信路易把他的宫廷搬到这里
I believe Louis moved his court here,
是在1682年
uh, in 1682.
起初这里只是一片沼泽
Originally, all this was swampland.
事实上 如果我没弄错的话

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!