你喜欢我的作品吗
You liked my book?
岂止喜欢 我爱死了 我爱您的全部著作
Liked? I loved! All your work.
是啊 一部作品的优秀源于它的真实
Yes, it was a good book, because it was an honest book,
战争让人越发真实
and that’s what war does to men.
在烂泥中死去并不可歌♥可泣
And there’s nothing fine and noble about dying in the mud,
除非你是高雅而从容地死去
unless you die gracefully,
那样的死亡就不仅崇高而且无畏
and then it’s not only noble, but brave.
你读我的小说了吗 你觉得怎么样
Did you read my story? What’d you think?
写得还不错 就是没什么内容
There was some fine writing in it, but it was unfulfilled.
我就知道你不喜欢
I might’ve known you’d hate it.
亲爱的 你多虑了
But darling, you’re too sensitive.
你都喜欢我的小说 他就是讨厌我
You liked my story, but he hates me!
老兄 拜托 你何必把这事搞复杂
Please, old sport, you make matters extremely difficult.
我这个善变的女人突然受不了这里的气氛了
I’m jumpy. Suddenly I don’t like the atmosphere here any more.
喂 你要去哪儿
Ah! Where’re you going?
我要去圣杰曼酒馆找我朋友
Para reunirse con mis amigos en Saint-Germain.
他要去圣杰曼酒馆 我跟他一起去
He’s going to Saint-Germain. I’m going with him.
塞尔达 亲爱的
Zelda, sweetheart…
你要是跟他在这喝酒
If you’re going to stay here and drink with him,
我就跟这位斗牛士走了
I’m going with the toreador.
请早点送她回来好吗
Would you bring her back at a reasonable time?
-这个女人会把你折腾疯的 -她富有激♥情♥
– She’ll drive you crazy, this woman. – She’s exciting,
还很有天赋
and she has talent.
这个月是写作 上个月还是别的什么
This month it’s writing. Last month it was something else.
你是个作家 需要时间去创作
You’re a writer. You need time to write.
而不是整天饮酒作乐
Not all this fooling around.
她在挥霍你的时间
She’s wasting you because
因为她是你的敌人 你同意吗
she’s really a competitor. Don’t you agree?
我吗
Me?
大胆说吧 老天
Speak up, for Christ’s sake!
你觉不觉得我朋友犯了个可悲的错误
I’m asking if you think my friend is making a tragic mistake.
其实我不太了解菲茨杰拉德夫妇
Actually, I don’t know the Fitzgeralds that well.
作为一个作家 你善于观察
You’re a writer. You make observations.
你一整晚都和他们在一起
You were with them all night!
咱们能不能别当众讨论我的私生活
Could we not discuss my personal life in public?
她嫉妒他才华横溢 他不可多得的才华
She’s jealous of his gift, and it’s a fine gift. It’s rare.
你喜欢他的作品 那更说明了他有才华
You like his work? You can speak for it.
别说了 别说了
Stop it! Stop it.
你喜欢马克·吐温吗
You like Mark Twain?
我去找塞尔达了
I’m going to find Zelda.
我不放心她和那个西班牙人在一起
I don’t like the thought of her with that Spaniard.
我能坐这吗
May I?
其实我很喜欢马克·吐温的作品
Yeah, I’m actually a huge Mark Twain fan.
我觉得你几乎可以说
I think you can even make
他写的《哈克贝利·费恩历险记》
the case that all modern American literature
是当代美国文学的奠基
comes from Huckleberry Finn.
-你打拳击吗 -不 不打
– You box? – No. Not really. No.
你在写什么
What’re you writing?
-一部小说 -讲什么的
– A novel. – ‘Bout what?
一个怀旧商店的员工的故事
It’s about a man who works in a nostalgia shop.
怀旧商店是个什么玩意
What the hell is a nostalgia shop?
是卖♥♥旧物件的商店 纪念品之类的
A place where they sell old things. Memorabilia.
然后 你觉得这听起来很糟吗
and… Does that sound terrible?
只要故事真实 文字干净质朴
No subject is terrible if the story is true,
赞美直面压力的从容与无畏
If the prose is clean and honest,
没有糟糕的主题
and if it affirms grace and courage under pressure.
还不够好
No good.
我想斗胆请你帮我个大忙
Can I ask you the biggest favor in the world?
-帮什么忙 -你能读一读吗
– What is it? – Would you read it?
-读你的小说吗 -是啊 只有四百页
– Your novel? – Yeah, it’s like 400 pages long,
我就是想听听别人的意见和看法
and I’m just looking for, you know, an opinion.
我的看法是 我讨厌它
My opinion is I hate it.
可你还没读过呢
I mean, you haven’t even read it.
如果写得不好 我讨厌 因为我讨厌烂文
If it’s bad, I’ll hate it because I hate bad writing,
如果写得好 我会嫉妒 于是更讨厌它
and if it’s good, I’ll be envious and hate it all the more.
你不需要另一个作家的意见
You don’t want the opinion of another writer.
是啊 只是 你知道吗
Yeah. You know, it’s just… You know what it is?
我很难信任一个人
I’m having a hard time,
把自己的作品交给他评判
you know, trusting somebody to evaluate it.
作家之间竞争很激烈
Writers are competitive.
我的水平哪儿配和你竞争
I’m not gonna be competitive with you.
你太过谦卑 不像个男人
You’re too self-effacing. It’s not manly.
当一个作家 就要坚信自己是最优秀的
If you’re a writer, declare yourself the best writer!
但只要我在 你就不是
But you’re not, as long as I’m around.
除非你想戴上拳击手套 来跟我一决高下
Unless you want to put the gloves on and settle it?
不 我可不想
No, I don’t.
我不会读你的小说
Hey, I’m not gonna read your novel,
但我能帮你个忙
but I’ll tell you what I’ll do.
什么
Yes?
格特鲁德·斯泰因 美国作家与诗人
现代主义文学与现代艺术发展的推动者
我会把它拿给格特鲁德·斯泰因看看
I’ll bring it to Gertrude Stein’s.
我只信任她看我的作品
She’s the only one I trust with my writing.
你会把我的小说拿给格特鲁德·斯泰因看吗
You’ll show my novel to Gertrude Stein?
-给我吧 -我去拿给你
– Give it to me. – I’ll bring it to you.
-她明天就从西班牙回来了 -太棒了
– And she gets back from Spain tomorrow. – Great.
我这就去取 我马上
I’m gonna go get it. I’m gonna…
你不知道我有多激动 我真是倍感荣幸
I can’t tell you how excited I am! This is gonna be such a lift!
我的心都砰砰直跳
My heart is just racing right now!
我马上就去取 然后拿来给你
I’m gonna get it, and I’ll be back.
吉尔 淡定 淡定 好好想想
Whoa, whoa, Gil! Take it easy! Step it back baby.
真是绝妙的一晚 菲茨杰拉德 海明威
You had a big night. Fitzgerald. Hemingway!
天啊 你肯定会
Papa! You gotta…
对了 我们没约见面的地点
Ok, we never said where we were gonna meet.
还好你昨晚没去
Good thing you didn’t go last night.
你肯定不喜欢那音乐 还有那一大群人
You would’ve hated the music, and the crowd,
但我觉得挺有意思的
but I had fun.
你在想什么呢 又发呆愣神了
What’re you thinking about? You seem like you’re in a daze.
倘若我告诉你
If I was to tell you that I spent
我昨晚跟欧内斯特·海明威
last night with Ernest Hemingway
还有斯科特·菲茨杰拉德在一起
and Scott Fitzgerald,
-你会怎么看 -昨晚做美梦了吧
– what would you say? – Is that what you were dreaming about?
梦到了你的文坛偶像吗
Your literary idols?
但如果那不是梦的话
Yeah, but if I wasn’t dreaming…
什么意思
What does that mean?
如果我真的和海明威 菲茨杰拉德
If I was with Hemingway, and Fitzgerald,
还有科尔·波特在一起
and Cole Porter.
那我就觉得你脑子有病了
I’d be thinking brain tumor.
如果我跟你说 塞尔达·菲茨杰拉德本人
And when I tell you, Zelda Fitzgerald is exactly
跟我们在书籍文章中读到的
as we’ve come to know her through
简直如出一辙
everything we’ve read in books and articles.
可爱迷人但是神经敏感
You know, charming, but all over the map.
她一点儿都不喜欢海明威
You know, she does not like Hemingway one bit.
斯科特知道海明威说得有理
And Scott knows Hemingway is right about her,
但他太爱她了 所以非常地纠结苦恼
but you can see how conflicted he is because he loves her!
起来 下床
Come on! Get up!
别说这些无稽之谈了 咱们要迟到了
We should quit the idle chatter, because we’re gonna be late.
那个 我不想
You know, I’m not gonna…
我还是待在这里修改我的小说吧
I think I’m gonna stay here and do some work on my novel,
有些地方还需要稍微润色一下
’cause there’s a little polishing I wanna do.
不行 你可以回来再改
No. You can do that later.
妈妈让她的装潢师给我们打折呢 快起来
Mom said we can use her decorator’s discount. Get up!
快来看这个 伊内兹
Come look at these, Inez.
多适合摆在马利布的海滨别♥墅♥里
Wouldn’t these be charming in a Malibu beach house?
-先生 多少钱 -18000
– Combien, monsieur? – Dix-huit mille.
-谢谢 -多少钱
– Merci. – What is that?
才卖♥♥18000美元 多便宜
There a steal at $18,000.
这要18000美元吗
$18,000 for this?
等会 应该按欧元算 那就稍微贵点
Oh wait. It’s Euros, so it’s more.
那差不多是20000美元
So that’s like 20. $20,000.
我觉得不止呢
Even more, I think. Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!