看那儿
Look!
我的天哪
Oh, my God!
帕布罗很崇拜他
Pablo admires him so much!
-我要去打个招呼 -别 别打扰他
– I have to say hello. – No, maybe we shouldn’t bother him.
-和我一起去 我紧张死了 -好吧
– Come with me! I’m nervous. – Really? OK.
我们都知道他孤身一人
But, we know he’s a lonely man.
-他肯定喜欢有人陪伴 -那好 走吧
– I’m sure he would love some company. – OK, let’s go.
亨利·德·图卢兹-罗特列克
法国贵族 后印象派画家
劳特雷克先生?
Monsieur Lautrec?
-是的 -晚上好 我们很崇拜您
– Oui? – Bonsoir. Nous sommes de grands amateurs.
-谢谢 女士 -可以请您喝一杯吗
– Merci, Madame. – Pouvons-nous vous offrir un verre?
乐意至极 请坐
J’en serais enchanté. Prenez un siège.
他请我们坐下
He’s asking us to sit down with him.
这几句法语我能懂的 还有这手势
This much French I do understand, and the gesture.
您是美国人吗
Vous êtes Americain?
是的 我是美国人
Yes, I’m an American.
-我从口音辨别出来的 -是的
– Je l’ai deviné Votre accent. – Yeah. Oui. Oui.
您的绘画 我们崇拜您所做的一切
Vos dessins! Votre peinture! Nous admirons tout que vous faites.
-我也喜欢您的画 -晚上好
– I love your drawings, also. – Bonsoir!
埃德加·德加:法国印象派画家 雕塑家
这是高更先生和德加先生
Permettez-moi de vous présents Mr Gaugin et Mr Degas.
-晚上好 幸会 -晚上好 幸会
– Bonsoir. – Enchantée. – Bonsoir. Enchantée.
保罗·高更:法国印象派画家
-保罗·高更 -是的 是的 是的
– Paul Gaugin. – Yes! Yes! Yes!
看到他的素描吗 现今没人能那样画了
See the sketch he’s made? Nobody can draw like this today.
毕加索不行 马蒂斯不行
Not Picasso. Not Matisse.
难以置信 您会说英语吗
It’s unbelievable. Parlez-vous anglais?
-不 先生 -他会说一点
– Non, monsieur. – Il parle un petit peu.
不 我说得非常好 想见识一下吗
Non, non. I speak well. Je parle très bien. Bien oui. Tu vas voir!
德加和我正谈到为什么
Degas and I were just talking about how this…
这个时代的人很缺乏想象力
cette générationation est déourvue de sens et manque d’imagination.
他说 他是说
He said… He says that
这个时代很空洞 没有想象力
this generation is empty, and has no imagination.
最好生活在文艺复兴时期
Better to have lived during the… la Renaissance.
不 这个时代就是黄金时代
No! This is the golden age.
-不 -这才是黄金时代
– Non. – C’est l’age d’or!
完全不是 文艺复兴时期要好很多
Pas du tout. La Renaissance, c’etait beaucoup mieux.
您是做什么的
Qu’est-ce que vous faites dans la vie?
学习高级服装设计
J’etudie la haute-couture.
难怪您这么优雅
C’est pour vous êtes si élégante.
现在我理解了
Je comprends maintenant!
年轻人的大胆服装
Les vêtements outrageux.
你想介绍她认识理查德吗
Vous devriez la présenter Richard!
-对的 -对的
– Ah, oui! – Ah, oui.
他想让您认识他的朋友理查德
He wants to have you meet his friend Richard.
他正在找人给他的新芭蕾设计服装
He’s looking for someone to do costumes for the new ballet.
您有兴趣吗
étes Vous intéresse?
-芭蕾舞服? -是的
– Ballet costumes? – Yes.
我的天哪
Oh my God! I…
我不是这里人
I don’t live here.
我是说 我是 但又不是
I mean, I do, but I don’t. I…
还是不要纠缠细节了
It’s best not to go into too many details. We’re…
我们只是暂时路过
We’re temporarily passing through.
我能和你谈谈吗
Can I speak with you a minute?
可以吗
Permettez?
幸会
Enchantée.
高更已经要对你流口水了
Wow, it didn’t take Gaugin long to start steaming in.
我们就不回二十年代了吧
Let’s never go back to the ’20s!
-你说什么呢 -我们应该留在这里
– What are you talking about? – We should stay here.
现在美丽年代才刚刚开始
It’s the start of La Belle époque!
这是巴黎历史上最伟大最美好的时代
It’s the greatest, most beautiful era Paris has ever known.
可是20年代呢 那里有查尔斯顿舞
Yeah, but about the ’20s, and the Charleston,
有菲茨杰拉德夫妇 还有海明威
and the Fitzgeralds, and the Hemingway?
我是说我喜欢那帮人
I mean, I love those guys.
但那是现实很乏味
But it’s the present. It’s dull.
乏味?
Dull?
可那不是我的现实
It’s not my present.
我来自于2010年
I’m from 2010.
你在说什么
What do you mean?
我到你那个时代 就像我们来到19世纪
I dropped in on you the same way we’re dropping in on the 1♥8♥9♥0s.
是吗
You did?
我试图逃避我的现实
I was trying to escape my
就像你逃避你的现实一样
present the same way you’re trying to escape yours,
都在寻找黄金时代
to a golden age.
你总不至于认为20年代是黄金时代吧?
Surely you don’t think the ’20s are a golden age!
是的 对我来说就是
Well, yeah. To me they are.
但是我来自于20年代 我告诉你
But I’m from the ’20s, and I’m
黄金时代是美丽年代
telling you the golden age is La Belle époque.
那看看这几位
And look at these guys. I mean,
对于他们 文艺复兴时期才是黄金时代
to them, their golden age was the Renaissance.
他们宁愿用美丽年代换取
You know, they’re trade Belle époque to be painting alongside
与提香和米开朗基罗共同作画的机会
Titian and Michelango.
那个时代的人可能会设想
And those guys probably imagined
可汗忽必烈的生活更美好吧
life was a lot better when Kublai Khan was around.
我现在算是明白了 虽然不是大彻大悟
You see, I’m having an insight right now. It’s a minor one, but
但是让我明白了我曾经梦里的焦虑
it explains the anxiety in my dream that I had.
-什么梦 -有天晚上我做了个梦
– What dream? – I had a dream the other night, where
是个噩梦 梦见我的阿齐霉素用完了
it was like a nightmare, where I ran out of Zithromax.
然后我又去看牙医 可他没有奴弗卡因
And then I went to the dentist, and he didn’t have any Novocaine.
你懂我意思了吗
You see what I’m saying?
这些人根本没有抗生素
These people don’t have any antibiotics.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
如果你留在这里 这里就变成你的现在
Adriana, if you stay here, and this becomes your present,
不久以后
then, pretty soon,
你就会开始想象另一个时代才是
you’ll start imagining another time was really your,
黄金时代
you know, was really the golden time.
这才是现实
That’s what the present is.
不尽如人意
That it’s a little unsatisfying,
因为生活本来就是不尽如人意的
because life’s a little unsatisfying.
这就是作家的通病
That’s the problem with writers.
喋喋不休
You are so full of words.
但是我更感性
But I am more emotional,
我要留下来
and I’m going stay,
生活在巴黎最辉煌的时代
and live in Paris’ most glorious time.
你曾选择离开巴黎 可是后来你后悔了
You made a choice to leave Paris once, and you regretted it.
是 我后悔了 那是个糟糕的决定
Yeah, I did regret it. It was a bad decision,
但至少我做了选择
but at least it was a choice.
我是说 真实的选择 但是这些
I mean, it was a real choice. This way, I think, is,
很疯狂 不会真的管用的
I don’t know, crazy. It doesn’t really work.
如果我真的想写出有价值的作品
If I ever want to write something worthwhile, I have to,
我必须摆脱我的幻想
you know, get rid of my illusions, and then I’d be
认为过去比现在幸福就是一种幻想
happier in the past, as where I want a home.
那么
So…
再见了 吉尔
Goodbye, Gil?
再见
Goodbye.
彭德 我读了你的修改稿
Pender, I read your rewrite,
你的写作已经步入正轨
and you’re nicely on the right track.
你领会了我的意思
You understood me clearly.
如果书的剩余部分写完也一样优秀的话
If the rest of the book reads as well when you’re done,
-你的作品将有其价值 -真是好消息
– you’ll have something of value. – That is the best news!
我真的是照您所说的做 所以我很高兴
I really did listen to you, so I’m happy to hear that it
好像我的写作突飞猛进
You know, it seems like I’m moving forward.
您的意见对我很重要
I mean, it just means the world to me that you
海明威也读了这几章
Hemingway read the chapters,
-他觉得 -他也读了吗
– too, and he thinks… – He read it?
他觉得这的确会成为一本好书
he thinks it’s going to be a fine book.
但是关于情节 他有一条建议
but he did have one plot suggestion.
什么建议
What’s the suggestion?
他不相信主人公
Well, he doesn’t quite believe that the protagonist
没有发现他未婚妻
doesn’t see that his fiancée
在他眼皮底下的风流韵事
is having an affair right before his eyes.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!