是啊 但这种高档货色是可遇而不可求的
I know, but it’s very hard to find anything like this at home.
我妈说的对 吉尔
She’s right, Gil.
我知道 但是咱们还没找到合适的房♥子呢
I know, but we haven’t even found a house yet,
而且我们说好要尽量减少花销
and we’re trying to keep expenses down,
省得我去接那些没意义的重写工作
so I don’t have to take any crummy rewrite jobs.
好吧 一分钱一分货
Well, you get what you pay for.
-真不错 -便宜没好货
– Nice. – Cheap is cheap.
你们想溜达回去吗
Ok, you guys want to walk back?
溜达 不要 已经开始下雨了
Walk? No, it’s starting to rain.
在雨中漫步会多好 多美的雨景啊
Oh, it’ll be nice walking in the rain! It’s beautiful!
雨中漫步跟美没半点儿关系
No, there’s nothing beautiful about walking in the rain.
不了 记得咱们今晚要出去吃饭
No, don’t forget. We’re taking you to dinner tonight.
对了 太好了
Oh, right. Yes. Great.
还有 饭后我会给你一个大惊喜
And then, also, I have a big surprise for you after dinner.
-什么 算了 -我要让你大吃一惊
– What? No. – I have an incredible…
-我不喜欢惊喜 -相信我 你肯定喜欢
– I don’t like surprises. – Trust me, you’re gonna love this.
-什么惊喜 -你真不想跟我在雨中漫步
– What is it? – Are you sure you don’t want to walk in the rain?
这是我们最后的机会了 外面也没那么糟糕
This is our last chance. It’s not that bad out.
好吧
Okay.
我没明白 咱们要去哪儿
I don’t understand. Where are we going?
但是 你把这顿饭搞得匆匆忙忙的
But, you made us rush through dinner,
我爸还没吃完他那份冰淇淋泡芙
and Dad wasn’t finished with his profiteroles.
还什么冰淇淋泡芙
Profiteroles?
你马上要经历人生中最棒的传奇之旅
You’re going to have the most amazing adventure of your life!
-在哪儿 -伊内兹 只要稍等一下
– Where? – Just, Inez, please.
你干吗一直带着你的手稿
Why are you carrying that manuscript around?
一会儿你就知道了 等你看到了
You’ll see, and when you do,
你一定会瞠目结舌的
your jaw is gonna drop. Ok?
你知道我从不说谎的
You know I wouldn’t hide anything,
所以如果我说它难以置信
so if I’m saying it’s incredible,
-就是…-好吧
– it’s… – Ok.
-可我不明白 -我知道
– It’s just, I don’t understand! – I know.
你一定奇怪为什么我一整天都有点古怪
You’ve been wondering why I’ve been acting strange all day?
-没错 -好 答案马上揭晓
– Yeah. – Well, you’re about to find out,
而且揭晓的时候 你就会明白
and you’re gonna wonder why I
我的举动都是合情合理的了
wasn’t acting more strange, when you find out.
-这可真是 -我懂 我懂
– This is very… – I know. I know.
我不知道你到底在等什么
Well, I don’t know what you’re carrying on about,
不过这可不是我想象中的传奇之旅
but this is not my idea of an amazing adventure.
健身和按♥摩♥已经累死我了 我要打车回去了
I am tired from the gym and a massage, so I’m gonna get this cab.
-出租车 -伊内兹 等等
– Taxi! – Inez, wait!
-咱们再等一会儿吧 -听着
– Let’s just wait a little longer. – Look,
要是你想在巴黎的街道散步 欣赏夜色
you want to walk the streets of Paris, and take it in by night,
没问题 随便你
that’s fine. You go ahead.
但卡萝借了本好书给我 我要回去看完
But I’m in the middle of a great book that Carol lent me.
别走 再等十分钟 然后咱俩散步回去
Come on, just 10 more minutes, and then we can walk home.
要是你回来的时候我已经睡了 别把我吵醒
If I’m asleep when you get in, don’t wake me up.
是哪儿出了问题呢
What am I doing wrong?
莫非她说的对 那我就应该去看神经科医生
Unless she’s right, and I need to see a neurologist.
好吧 昨晚我从品酒会出来
Ok, you left the wine-tasting,
有些醉意 但还清醒
a little drunk, but not out of control.
之后迷路了 于是散着步走到这里
Lost, you walk along… this is the spot…
这是一锤子买♥♥卖♥♥ 没有二回吗
I mean, it’s just like a one-shot deal.
午夜十二点的时候钟响了
The clock struck midnight…
你好
Hello!
你好 海明威先生 给你
Oh, hi, Mr. Hemingway. Here.
让我先上来
Let me just jump in.
我们的任务是攻下那座山冈 一共四个人
The assignment was to take the hill. There were 4 of us.
算上维森特的话是五个
5 if you counted Vicente,
但他的手被手榴弹炸掉了
but he had lost his hand when a grenade went off
已经不能像从前那样灵活作战了
and couldn’t fight as he could when I first met him.
他很年轻 也很勇敢
And he was young, and brave.
由于连日降雨 山冈潮湿泥泞
And the hill was soggy from days of rain,
山丘的脚下是一条小路
and the hill sloped down toward a road,
路上有很多德国士兵
and there were many German soldiers on the road.
当时的策略是先瞄准一队
And the idea was to aim for the first group,
如果我们的目标准确 就能争取一些时间
and if our aim was true, we could delay them.
-你当时害怕吗 -怕什么
– Were you scared? – Of what?
怕被杀死
Getting killed?
一个怕死的人是写不出好作品的
You’ll never write well if you’re afraid of dying.
-你怕死吗 -是啊 其实
– Do you? – Yeah, I do. I’d say,
可能我最惧怕的莫过于死亡了
it’s probably, maybe my greatest fear, actually.
不管是过去 现在还是未来
Well, that’s something all men before you have done.
每个人都怕死
All men will do.
我懂 我懂
I know. I know.
你曾和一个真正美妙的女人做过爱吗
Have you ever made love to a truly great woman?
其实 我的未婚妻就挺性感的
Actually, my fiancé is pretty sexy.
那你跟她缠绵时
And when you make love to her,
能否感受到真切的似火激♥情♥
you feel true, and beautiful passion,
甚至有那么一瞬间 让你忘记死亡的恐惧
and you, for at least that moment, lose your fear of death.
没有 从未有过
No. That doesn’t happen.
我相信真爱可以
I believe that love that is true and real
使人忘却死亡
creates a respite from death.
胆小怯弱的人或是不去爱 或是不会爱
All cowardice comes from not loving, or not loving well,
其实都是一样的
which is the same thing.
而如果一位勇敢之士
And when the man who is
敢于直面死神的面庞
brave and true looks Death squarely in the face,
像我认识的一些犀牛狩猎者
like some rhino-hunters I know,
还有贝尔蒙特 一条真正的硬汉子
or Belmonte, who’s truly brave.
那是因为他们充满激♥情♥的爱
It is because they love with sufficient passion,
驱散了脑中对死亡的恐惧
to push death out of their minds,
当然这份恐惧终会回归
until it returns, as it does, to all men.
只有真正美妙的性♥爱♥能让你再次忘却它
And then you must make really good love again.
好好想想吧
Think about it.
-爱丽丝 最近还好吗 -不错 你好
– Alice. How the hell are you? – Hi!
不错就好 她在里面 跟我来
Good? Good. Ah, she’s here. Follow me.
-不 我不同意 -但你的理由呢
– Non. Je ne suis pas d’accord. – Mais pourquoi?
因为
Parce que…
这位是吉尔·彭德 这位是斯泰因女士
This is Gil Pender, Miss Stein.
他是位年轻的美国作家
He’s a young American writer.
我想你们应该认识一下
I thought you two should know each other.
欢迎 来得正好
I’m glad you’re here.
你可以帮我们定夺一下
You can help decide which of us is right,
到底谁对谁错
and which of us is wrong.
我正跟帕布罗说
I was just telling Pablo
这幅作品没有画出阿德瑞娜的神韵
that this portrait doesn’t capture Adriana.
虽然它有普遍性 却没有客观性
It has a universality, but no objectivity.
不对 不对 你没能正确地理解这幅作品
Non, non, non. Vous ne le comprenez pas correctement.
你并不认识阿德瑞娜 看
Vous ne connaissez pas Adriana. Regardez…
看这起伏的线条 这整幅画
Regardez le mouvement, le tableau.
都恰好呈现了她的神态模样
C’est exactement ce qu’elle représente!
不 你说的不对 看看他是怎么画的
Non. Tu n’as pas raison. Look how he’s done her:
对情♥色♥的影射溢于纸上
dripping with sexual innuendo,
燃烧的欲♥火♥呼之欲出
carnal to the point of smoldering, and,
没错 她是很漂亮
yes, she’s beautiful,
但是微妙而细腻的美 含蓄的肉♥欲♥
but it’s a subtle beauty, an implied sensuality.
我是说 阿德瑞娜给你的第一印象是什么
I mean, what is your first impression of Adriana?
出众的可爱迷人
Exceptionally lovely.
漂亮 却隐约微妙 非常隐晦 帕布罗
Belle, mais plus subtile. Plus implicite, Pablo!
你说的没错 斯泰因女士
Yes, you’re right, Miss Stein.
当然 现在我明白他为什么失去客观性了
‘Course… uh… you can see why he’s lost all objectivity.
他画的简直是皮嘉尔广场的尤物
He’s made a creature of Place Pigalle.
皮嘉尔广场:法国红灯区
一个欲♥火♥中烧的娼妓
A whore with volcanic appetites.
不 如果你认识她 你就知道她是这样
Non, non! C’est ce qu’elle est vraiment si vous la connaissez!
是啊 她跟你单独相处时吧
Yes, avec toi, en priv?
因为她是你的情妇 但我们并不了解那个她
because she’s your lover, but we don’t know her that way!
所以你以小资的视角
So you make a petit-bourgeois
把她绘成了纵乐的机器
judgment and turn her into an object of pleasure.
-这更像幅静物画而非肖像画 -不对
– It’s more like a still-life than a portrait. – Non.
不 不 我不同意

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!