那里是专为特殊的孩子设立的…
It was a home for special children…
比如布朗温和维克多
like Bronwyn and Victor.
他们俩身体健硕 力能扛鼎
They were both as strong as 10 men.
还有休…
And Hugh…
休的身体里住着蜜蜂
Hugh had bees living inside him.
那埃玛呢
Where’s Emma?
她可以飘浮
She could float.
她比空气还要轻
She was lighter than air.
必须穿特制的铅鞋
She had to wear special shoes made of lead
才不至于飘走
to keep her from floating away.
她现在在哪儿
Where is she now?
我觉得她应该还在岛上
She’s still on the island, I believe.
我的父母送我去那里
My mama and papa sent me there…
和那些特殊的孩子一起生活
to live with the special children.
而你呢 泰利斯库 该睡觉啦
And now, Tygrysku, time for sleep.
他以前总叫我泰利斯库
He used to call me Tygrysku.
是波兰语”小老虎”的意思
It’s Polish for “Little tiger.”
简直是史上最不恰当的昵称
He couldn’t have picked a less appropriate nickname.
我一直是个胆小鬼
I was always a chicken.
你♥爸♥妈为什么要把你送走
Why did your mom and dad send you away?
我们在波兰生活的地方并不安全
Well, where we lived in Poland, it wasn’t safe.
那里有怪物
There were monsters.
什么样的怪物
What kind of monsters?
有着长手臂的巨型怪物
Huge ones, with long arms…
没有眼睛
and no eyes…
还长着这样的触手
and tentacles like this.
最愚蠢的是
The dumb thing was…
这么多年来 我一直相信着他讲的故事
for years, I actually believed his stories.
这是米勒德 他是隐形的
And this is Millard. He’s invisible.
老师说这些只是加了特效的照片
My teacher says they were trick photos.
那你相信她吗
And did you believe her?
爸爸说你大概是旅行时
Dad says you probably found them
在某家旧货商店里
at a junk store someplace…
找到了这些照片
when you went traveling.
我绝不会骗你 小老虎
I would never lie to you, Tygrysku.
但关于儿童之家和那些怪物 你骗了我
But you did, about the home, the monsters.
爸爸告诉我了
Dad told me.
你父亲非常清楚
Your father knows very well
我在儿童之家生活过
I went to live in the children’s home.
他说在波兰确实有怪物
He said there really were monsters in Poland…
只不过他们没有长触手
just not the kind with tentacles.
他说你被送到威尔士是因为有坏人作乱
He said you got sent to Wales ’cause there were bad people.
那些坏人想杀掉任何与众不同的人
People who wanted to kill anyone who was different.
我不想再聊这个话题了
I don’t wanna talk about this anymore.
他说那些孩子们确实很特别
He said the children were special…
但并不像你所说的那样
but not the way you said.
我只是想说 明天我本来计划要写作的
I’m just saying, tomorrow was supposed to be a writing day.
你已经花了五年时间写那本破书
Five years and counting on that damn book.
你儿子明天生日 你抽一天陪陪他
And taking one day to be with your son on his birthday…
能有什么大不了的
is gonna be a big difference?
好吧
Fine.
找到什么好东西了吗
You find something good?
快看这张照片 真是棒极了
Oh, look at that. That’s awesome.
你应该带着
You should take that.
来吧 伙计 我们走吧
Come on, buddy, let’s roll.
你怎么能如此淡定
How are you so okay?
杰克 我跟他没有你们那么亲近
Jakey, you were a lot closer to him than I ever was.
他是位很了不起的爷爷
He was a wonderful grandpa…
但却不是位称职的父亲
but not such a great dad.
他的工作
Never seemed to pick a job…
经常要加班到深夜
that didn’t involve late nights
或者出差很久
or long trips away, though.
我和你苏茜姑姑总觉得
Me and Aunt Susie always kind of thought
他也许背着你奶奶出轨了
he was, maybe, cheating on our mom.
抱歉 伙计 我知道你有多崇拜他
I’m sorry, buddy. I know how much you worshiped him…
但事实就是这样
but there it is.
惊不惊喜
Surprise!
生日快乐 杰克表哥
Happy birthday, Cousin Jake!
小杰 你能来一起过暑假实在太好了
J-dog, it’s great you’re coming to spend a summer with us.
回头给你看看我们的新船
Wait till you see the new boat.
真是迫不及待
Can’t wait.
是我 苏茜姑姑
It’s Aunt Susie.
我觉得你应该挺想打开看看
Thought you might wanna open this one.
是你爷爷留给你的
It’s from your grandpa.
我整理他的遗物时发现的
Found it while I was packing up.
我觉得他大概是打算某一天交给你
I figured he meant to give it to you someday.
谢谢
Thanks.
致杰克 以及他尚未探索的那些世界
To Jake, and the worlds he has yet to discover.
我最亲爱的亚伯
My dearest Abe…
希望你收到明信片时一切安好
I hope this card finds you well.
我和孩子们非常渴望听到你的最新见闻
The children and I yearn to hear your news.
希望不久的将来你能再回来看看我们
I do hope you will visit us again soon.
我们非常想念你
We should so love to see you.
羡慕你的
With admiration…
阿尔玛·佩格林
Alma Peregrine.
寄出时间才过了两年
Hmm. Only two years ago.
我猜她应该还活着
I suppose it’s possible she could still be alive.
没错
Right.
我可以去见见她
I could meet her.
也许甚至能搞清楚爷爷
Maybe even find out what it was
到底想让我们知道什么
Grandpa wanted me to know.
如果她死了呢
But what if she’s dead?
戈兰医生
Dr. Golan…
我们非常担心
we are very concerned
杰克目前的精神状况
with Jake’s state of mind right now.
我不可能放下手头的一切
There’s no way I’m putting my life on hold
带你去威尔士
to take you to Wales.
爸爸可以带我去
Dad could take me.
他还可以观察鸟类
And he can look at birds…
写写书
and work on his book.
你也可以休息一下
It means you get a break.
正如戈兰医生所说
As Dr. Golan said…
也许这样我就能放开了
maybe I can move on.
放下过去的一切
Like, closure.
让他亲眼见一下这个儿童之家
Having an opportunity to see this children’s home…
把现实和幻想分开
and separate fantasy from reality…
也许会有所帮助
may be helpful.
最起码
And at the very least…
这样的旅程可以给他机会
a trip like this provides a chance to…
与过去告别
say goodbye.
“凯恩霍尔姆岛 人口92”
“Cairnholm. Population of 92.
“这里最出名的地方是”
“Best known for its proximity…
“1915年遇难的奥古斯塔游轮”
“to the final resting place of the cruise liner Augusta…
“沉没点在附近”
“which sank in 1915.
“岛上只有一家酒店”
“There is just one hotel…”
就是我们要住的
That’s us.
是啊 希望那里有波旁威士忌
Yeah. I hope there’s bourbon.
杰克 快看
Jake, check it out.
那是只游隼
That’s a peregrine falcon.
一只游隼 跟儿童之家校长名字一样啊
A peregrine, like the headmistress?
好吧
Sure.
你爷爷大概就是根据这个名字
That’s probably where Grandpa came up
编出了校长能变成鸟的故事
with that whole turning into a bird thing.
又或者 也许那真的是她
Or maybe, maybe that’s really her!
佩格林小姐
Hey, Miss Peregrine.
是我 杰克
It’s me, Jake.
我是亚伯·波特曼的孙子
I’m Abe Portman’s grandson.
请不要在我们头上拉屎
Please don’t crap on us.
天哪 爸 我开玩笑的
Oh, my God. Dad, I’m kidding.
怎么回事 有人吗
What the… Hello?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!