我告诉他我想要一个曾经在检察院工作过的人
I told him I wanted someone who’d worked in the prosecutor’s office
而且不能有一点坏名声
and wasn’t even a little bit shady.
你知道我的事吗?
Do you know about me?
我从我女儿那里得到了一些信息
Um, I’ve been briefed a little by my daughter
她知道你相当多的事情 因为她妈妈是个傻瓜
who knows a lot about your story because her mother’s a moron.
她妈妈读小报吧
Her mother reads the tabloids.
没错是的 其实我也读
Yeah, and I read them too.
昨晚在接到你电♥话♥后 我就看了你的控告书
I read your indictment after I got your call last night
我还买♥♥了你的书
and I bought your book.
我只读到了112页 但是茉莉
I’m only on page 112, but Molly,
你真的犯了重罪然后还写了本书?
did you commit a felony and then write a book about it?
我已经两年没玩过牌了
I haven’t run a game in two years.
不是剧透 不过就是那时候政♥府♥
Not to spoil the ending, but that’s when the government
突袭我的牌局和抢走我所有的钱
raided my game and took all of my money,
说这些都是违法的 但并不是这样的
assuming all of it was made illegally which it wasn’t.
然后我就一直和我妈妈一起住在特莱瑞德…
I’ve been living in my mother’s house in Telluride and…
然后我写了这本书 这样我才可以还债
I wrote the book so I could start paying off debts.
我刚结束了关于这本书的巡回签售
I just finished a press tour for the book
然后我搬回了洛杉矶想重新开始
and I moved back to Los Angeles so I could start over.
你在洛杉矶玩了大概8年牌?
You ran games in L.A. for roughly eight years?
是的 -一次没有拿过佣金?
Yeah. -Without taking a rake?
是的
Right.
然后你去了纽约 大概两年?
And then you ran games in New York for roughly two?
最近六个月我拿过一次佣金
I took a rake the last six months.
在这本书前112页你提到了很多人名
In the first 112 pages you name a bunch of names.
什么?
Sorry?
你提到了一些电影明星
Uh, you named the name of some movie stars
他们参与了你的牌局
that played in your game.
是的
Yeah.
这没有违背你们的一些什么扑克界惯例吗?
That not against some sort of poker code?
我是要一直坐在这里吗?
Am I supposed to be sitting all the way over here?
这么远你能听到我说话吗?
Can you hear me from there?

Yeah.
你现在是把我作为客户来对待吗?
Are you taking me on as a client?
我的预约辩护费是25万美元 你有25万美元吗?
My retainer’s $250,000. Do you have $250,000?
没有 我什么都没有了
No, I don’t have anything.
那你卖♥♥书的钱呢?
What about the sales from your book?
这些书卖♥♥的不是很好
The book isn’t jumping off the shelves
但是我会找到方法筹钱给你 查理
but I will find a way to pay you, Charlie.
你可以打听一下我
Ask around about me.
不幸的是 我能打听的人最近都不在
Unfortunately, the people I’d ask are going away for a while.
星期二早上发生的事
What happened on Tuesday morning
被叫做GPS拆除行动
was called a GPS Takedown.
31个人因为同一个事情被逮捕了
31 people were arrested in the same instance.
超过600个特工被派去各个地方
Something in excess of 600 agents were dispatched to locations in
纽约 洛杉矶 那里在进行联合罢♥工♥抗♥议♥
New York, and L.A. in coordinated strikes
同时他们还持有武器 然后这时你
with automatic weapons and you’re
告诉我你就在我的办公室
trying to tell me you’re in my office
因为你在德州扑克场上拿佣金?
because you raked a game of Texas Hold ‘Em?
没错
Yes.
你有看过控告书上的其他名字吗?
Have you seen the other names in your indictment?
尼克洛斯·柯斯弗洛斯基 彼得·德鲁兹斯基
Nicolas Koslovsky, Peter Druzhinsky,
彼得·安东诺维奇 高夫曼兄弟
Peter Antonovich, the Gershen brothers,
我的意思是 说吧 茉莉 你是不是深入
I mean, come on, Molly, just how deep into
什么俄♥罗♥斯♥犯罪团伙了? 你的书上没有说这些
the Russian mob were you? Because your book doesn’t say.
你为什么要让你的女儿看《激♥情♥年代》?
Why are you making your daughter read The Crucible?
这样她就能知道一帮无聊的年轻人
So she can see what happens to a group
在他们八卦的时候会做什么
of bored teenage girls when they gossip.
我从来没有看过
I never read the play.
很多人都认为这是二十世纪最好的一本书
Many consider it to be the best play of the 20th Century.
很多人都这么认为?
Is that what many consider it to be?
我不为暴♥力♥罪犯辩护
I don’t defend violent criminals.
我从来没伤害过任何人
I’ve never hurt anyone in my life.
你的朋友们伤害了 -控诉书上面百分之九十的
Your friends have. -I’ve never heard of 90 percent
名字我从来没有听说过 -那剩下的百分之十呢?
of the names in the indictment. -And the other 10 percent?
我不知道他们之间有关系
I didn’t know they were connected.
那时我根本不知道他们是谁
I had no idea who they really were.
那我问你个问题
Let me ask you a question.
书里那个被你叫做迪安·基斯的人
The character in the book you call Dean Keith,
他没有说”穷鬼蠢”对吧?
he didn’t say “Poor people bagels,” did he?
我想我知道他是谁
I think I know who he is,
我想我认识一个曾经和他一起工作过的 真的房♥地♥产♥律师
I think I know a real estate lawyer that worked with him and quit.
他说的是
He said,
“黑鬼很蠢”是吗?
“nigger bagels,” right?
我不会告诉你他的真名 他和此事无相关
I’m not telling you his real name, he’s not involved in this.
但是你却能给出一些其他名字
But you were willing to name some names.
为什么FBI要逮捕我
Why is the FBI arresting me
在我两年不再参与牌局的情况下?
two years after I’ve stopped running games?
在书中提那些电影明星你是不是有更多的报酬?
Were you paid extra in your book deal to name the movie stars?
我不会当你的律师 茉莉
I’m not your guy, Molly.
祝你好运 但你这个生意我不能接
I wish you good luck but this just isn’t for me.
我根本不知道那些俄♥罗♥斯♥人是谁
I didn’t know who the Russians were.
我能弄到25万美元给你
I can get you the 250,000,
我在市面上有着十倍的钱 我只是需要一些时间
I left ten times that on the street, it’ll just take some time.
我们通常会派遣像我这样最优秀的律师去ACLU
We regularly lend out our best litigators like me to the ACLU,
南方贫困法律中心 退伍军人组织
Southern Poverty Law Center, veterans groups,
我并不认为我能说服我的搭档们
but I don’t think I can convince my partners
去冒险为扑克公主做事
to take a flyer on the Poker Princess.
我从没叫过我自己扑克公主
I didn’t name myself the Poker Princess.
茉莉·布鲁姆 一个自称为扑克公主的…
Uh, “Molly Bloom, the self-proclaimed Poker Princess…”
那是美国周刊?
Is that Us Weekly?
我知道他们一般不会
I would agree it would be unusual for them
去报道一些不真实的事情
to print something that wasn’t true
但是这不是真的 而且如果你认为一个公主
but it’s not true and if you think a princess
能做到我做的这些事 那你就错了
can do what I did, you’re incorrect.
我明白你并不怎么瞧得起我
I’m getting you don’t think much of me
但是如果每一个像你这样消息不灵通
but what if everyone of your ill-informed,
知道的不多的人关于我的想法都是错的呢?
unsophisticated opinions about me were wrong?
那我会很惊讶
I’d be amazed.
是啊 你知道吗 兄弟? 你肯定会
Yeah, you know what, bud? You would.
你并不需要我 你需要的是一个宣传家
You don’t need me, you need a publicist.
不 我他妈需要的是一个律师!
No, I need a fucking lawyer!
你还没有回答我的问题
You didn’t answer my question.
你上次睡觉是什么时候?
When was the last time you slept?
不久之前
It was a while ago.
好的
All right.
今天早上这场传讯我会和你一起过去
I’m gonna walk you through the arraignment this morning
因为这种事情不应该让你一个人做
’cause you shouldn’t do that alone.
我会帮你赢得一些人的信任 给你行个方便
I’m gonna put some bodies on you, walk you through the side door.
因为我不知道你从那些俄♥罗♥斯♥人里得到了什么
‘Cause I don’t know what you got on the Russians
但是不管是他们
but neither do they
还是俄♥罗♥斯♥人一点都不关心这些
and the Russians take care of shit.
你明白我的意思吗?
Do you understand what I’m saying?
明白
Yes.
差不多了 你得一直睁着眼睛 好吗?
Almost. You gotta keep your eyes up, okay?
要一直向前看
Always gotta look ahead.
如果你向下看 那么你就会向下摔
If you look down, that’s where you’re gonna go.
往下看 就往下摔
If you look down, that’s where you’ll go.
准备好了吗?
You ready?
出发吧
Let’s go.
我的爸爸是一名心理学医生
My father’s a therapist
同时也是科罗拉多州立大学的一名心理学教授
and a psychology professor at Colorado State.
不!
No!
不对!
No!
在家里的第二条规则就是学习优异
The second rule of his house was that academic excellence
和运动才能缺一不可
and athletic excellence weren’t optional.
你不能害怕它 好吗?
You can’t be afraid of it. All right?
不要防备它
Don’t play defense.
而第一条规则是
And the first rule
所有的规则要由他定 -再来一次!
was that he made all the rules. -Again!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!