亲自出席
In propria persona.
“亲自出席”的意思是代表你自己
“In propria persona” means on your behalf.

Yeah.
不 我说的是这意味着代表你自己
No, I’m saying it means on your behalf.
我是代表你
I am appearing on your behalf.
“亲自出席”意味着你代表你自己
“In propria persona” means you’re appearing on your behalf,
不是代表我
not my behalf.
我会检查这一点 但是关键在于
I’ll check that out but the point is
我不是你的律师 我会明确这一点
I’m not your lawyer and I’ll make that clear for the record.
我们去那边
That’s us over there.
你分到一个好法官 他人不错
You’ve got a good judge. He’s a good guy.
那控方律师呢?
How ’bout the prosecutor?
早上好 哈里森·韦尔斯通法官
Good morning, Your Honor, Harrison Wellstone,
南部地区助理检察官
Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District,
加入律师席
joined at counsel table by Assistant U.S. Attorney
埃里克·布伦南
Eric Brennan,
和FBI特工 黛博拉·迪·安格罗
and FBI Special Agent Deborah D’Angelo.
谢谢
Thank you.
这次有什么口头提议吗?
Are there any oral motions at this time?
和我换个位置
Switch with me.
可能你的律师没有告诉你
Just in case your lawyer doesn’t mention it,
下次你出现在法官面前时
next time you appear in front of the judge,
你的穿着最好能用心一点
you might wanna re-think your clothes.
行吗?你看上去像是Cinemax电视台里的角色
Okay? You look like the Cinemax version of yourself.
两年前政♥府♥没收了我的财产 我就把衣服都卖♥♥了
I sold my clothes when the government seized all of my money two years ago
顺便举办了最后一次赌局
which incidentally was the last time I ran a game.
但我以前好像就提起过这事
But I think I already mentioned that.
好吧
Okay.
嗨 换回来吧
Hey, switch back.
尼古拉斯·西格尔
Nicholas Siegel.
被告人看过了那叠起诉书了吗?
Has the defendant seen a copy of the indictment?
是的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
你和你的律师讨论过了吗?
Have you discussed it with your lawyer?
是的
Yes.
换下位置
Switch back.
你想怎么申辩? -我坚持我无罪
And how do you plead? -Not guilty.
谢谢 你可以坐下了
Thank you, you may have a seat.
你以前的老板
Your old boss,
自传里你把他叫做迪安·基思
the one in the book you call Dean Keith,
对你很差
he was terrible to you.
为什么你要把他说成是”穷♥人♥挣面包钱”来替他掩护?
Why cover up for him by changing it to “poor people bagels”?
我保证 这不会产生什么影响
I promise you, it couldn’t matter less.
被告人看过起诉书了吗?
Has the defendant seen a copy of the indictment?
你只要对话就行了
Just making conversation.
嗨 换回来吧
Hey, switch back.
你怎么申辩?
And what do you plead?
我坚持我无罪
Not guilty.
坐下吧
Have a seat.
四号♥被告人 茉莉·布鲁姆
Defendant number four, Molly Bloom.
早上好 法官大人 呃 查理斯·加菲
Good morning, Your Honor. Uh, Charles Jaffey
为被告辩护的–
for the defendant just for the purposes–
见到你很高兴 加菲先生
Well, it’s good to see you, Mr. Jaffey.
你今天早上和我们待在一起吗?
Are you with us this morning?
加菲先生?
Mr. Jaffey?
呃 是的 先生 就 嗯 一小会
Uh, yes, sir. Just uh, one moment.
换回来 – 你认真的?
Switch back. -Seriously?
你说过你在外面有很多没收回的欠款
You said you got ten times that much on the street
在我办公室里的时候
in my office when I said
我说我的存款有25万 你回答
my retainer was $250,000, you said,
“我的欠款是你存款的十倍还多”
“I have ten times that much.”
对啊
Yeah.
辩护人!我会记录你的表现
Counsel! I need to record your appearance.
我请求法庭允许 法官大人 一会就好
Please the court, Your Honor, just one moment.
你向别人提供贷款 你那么穷
You extended credit. You’re destitute
你还把250万扔在外面不要?
and you leave two and a half million dollars on the street?
我必须这么做
I had to.
没人想买♥♥你的债表吗?
Didn’t anyone try to buy your debt sheet?
每个人都想买♥♥啊 但现在能卖♥♥么?
Everyone tried to buy my debt sheet, is this the right time…?
你为什么不像卖♥♥你的衣服一样把它卖♥♥掉?
Why didn’t you sell it like you sold your clothes?
我不能这么做
I couldn’t.
为什么?
Why?
我不能确保他们一定能收回欠款
I couldn’t be sure how they were gonna collect.
我就怕你这么说
I was afraid you were gonna say that.
辩护人!
Counsel!

Mhmm.
是 法官大人 我是查理斯·加菲 辩护人
Yes, Your Honor, uh, Charles Jaffey for the defendant.
只是来参加听证的吗?
For the purposes of this hearing only?
不是 先生 我是茉莉·布鲁姆的代理人
No, sir, I am Molly Bloom’s attorney.
呃 她已经读过了起诉书 和律师讨论过了
Uh, she’s read the indictment, discussed it with her lawyer,
放弃读给她听的权利并且坚持
waives the right to have it read to her and pleads
“无罪”
“Not Guilty”.
谢谢 你可以坐下了
Thank you, you may be seated.
五号♥被告人 Gilyard Kirshman
Defendant number five. Gilyard Kirshman.
最好继续读你的书
Gonna have to keep reading your book.
20世纪30年代有个田径明星叫马修·罗宾逊
There was a track star in the 1930’s named Matthew Robinson.
马修·罗宾逊在1936年柏林奥♥运♥会打破了
Matthew Robinson shattered the Olympic record
200米的奥♥运♥会纪录
in the 200 at the Berlin Games in 1936.
很显然打破了奥♥运♥会纪录…
Absolutely shattered the Olympic record…
然后得了亚军
and came in second.
冠军是杰西·欧文斯
The man who came in first was Jesse Owens.
杰西·欧文斯成为了传奇人物
Jesse Owens went on to be a legend.
而马修·罗宾逊成了个
Matthew Robinson went on to be a janitor
帕萨迪纳一所白人中学的看门人
at a whites-only middle school in Pasadena.
区别就在于这0.4秒
The difference was four-tenths of a second.
如果这还不够说明什么 马修·罗宾逊
As if that wasn’t enough, Matthew Robinson
有个同样是运动员的弟弟
had a little brother who was also an athlete.
他名叫杰基
His name was Jackie.
我也有两个成功的弟弟
I have two younger brothers who were overachievers as well.
当我是北美第三时
While I was ranked third in North America,
我的弟弟杰里米是世界第一
my brother Jeremy was number one in the world.
当我进入A.P.化学系成为一名大二学生时
And while I was placing into A.P. Chemistry as a sophomore,
我的弟弟乔丹在他
My brother Jordan was doing it when he was
12岁或者什么年纪 我记不得了 干着同样的事
12 years old or something, I don’t know.
我在哪都是个前途无量的学生和滑雪运动员
I was a hotshot student and a hotshot skier
除了在自己家里
everywhere but my own house.
长大后 我开始与我父亲争吵
As I got older, I began to bait my father into fights.
但我并不清楚我为什么要这么做
without really knowing why I was doing it.
大家今天在学校里都学了些什么?
What did everyone learn in school today?

Uh,
我学到了西格蒙德·弗洛伊德不仅是个厌女者 还是个蠢蛋
I learned that Sigmund Freud was both a and an idiot
任何依赖于他那套关于
and anyone who relies on his theories
人类心理学理论的人都是江湖郎中
of human psychology is a quack.
我不知道为什么你要这么说
I don’t know why you’d say that.
你不是问我今天在学校学到了什么吗
You asked me what I learned in school today.
是林伍德夫人说的吗?-是的
Is this Mrs. Linwood? -Yep.
她有没有碰巧说起
Did she happen to mention anything about
他关于无意识心理的研究?
his work on the unconscious mind?
他的《梦的解析》和占星术可靠度差不多
His dream analysis has the credibility of a horoscope, but
但我关心的是他反对
what got my attention was that he opposed
妇女解放运动
the women’s emancipation movement.
他认为女人生命的价值在于繁殖后代
He believed that a woman’s life is about her reproductive function.
所以你越来越接近重点了
So you’re really getting to the nuts and bolts
关于为什么中产阶级郊区白人女孩
of why middle-class suburban white girls
几个世纪以来一直被压♥迫♥
have been oppressed for centuries.
林伍德夫人只是在教我们–
Mrs. Linwood was just teaching us–
芭芭拉·林伍德可不喜欢男人 茉莉
Barbara Linwood doesn’t like men, Molly.
她不喜欢的是老二 爸爸 这是有区别的
She doesn’t like dicks, Dad, there’s a difference.
茉莉
Molly.
你不许在饭桌上像刚才那样不尊重我
Don’t disrespect me like that at the table.
我没有不尊重你 我只是看不上弗洛伊德
I wasn’t disrespecting you, I was disrespecting Freud.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!