和记录了玩家的表格
and spreadsheets on the players.
不只有这些
It has more than that.
每次你把手♥机♥插上电脑充电
Every time you charge your phone by plugging it
电脑就会记录下
into the computer, the computer takes a record
所有你的短♥信♥和邮件
of all your text messages and e-mails.
我的电脑有在我的手♥机♥上的
My laptop has a record of all text messages
好几年前的所有短♥信♥和邮件
and e-mails received years ago on phones
虽然我的手♥机♥已经被铝制棒球棒砸烂了
that have been smashed with an aluminum bat?
我要在你的硬盘上进行图像取证
I want to run forensic imaging on your hard drives.
哦不 很感谢你 但是我会毁掉这些硬盘的
Oh, no, thanks anyway, but I’ll be destroying those hard drives.
你不能这么做 它们是证据
Well, you can’t do that, they’re evidence.
我会炸了它们的 我会用炸♥药♥炸了他们
Well, I’m gonna blow ’em up, I am literally gonna use explosives
然后把残骸撒在海里
and scatter the remains in the sea.
可惜你告诉了我硬盘的存在
Except you told me they exist.
看来你得假装我没有告诉你了
You’re gonna have to pretend I didn’t tell you.
我不能这么做 -不 你可以这么做
Can’t do that. -Yes, you can.
是你想要一位
You were the one who wanted a lawyer
非常正直的律师
that wasn’t even a little bit shady.
新消息来了
New information has come to light,
现在我看出来这很愚蠢了
now I see that that was stupid.
茉莉 -并没有什么硬盘
Molly. -There are no hard drives.
如果你毁了硬盘 妨碍了司法公正
If you destroy evidence and obstruct justice
紧接着在这件案子中对你的指控
on top of the charges already brought against you in this case,
我保证 你会被抓起来的
you will be, I promise, incarcerated.
你不明白短♥信♥里都有些什么
You don’t understand what’s in those text messages.
我理解你有男朋友
I understand you’ve had boyfriends
也会有一些
and there’ll be some exchanges
你懂的 羞于启齿的私下交易
that are a little bit, you know, embarrassing.
我不在乎那些暧昧短♥信♥
I don’t care about embarrassing text messages from boyfriends
会让我的生活毫无隐私可言
as there’s not left a small corner of my private life
而是那根本不能公之于众
that isn’t available for public scrutiny.
那些短♥信♥会摧毁他人的生活
There are messages that would destroy other lives.
有些会结束一个人的职业生涯
There are messages that would end careers
有些会让完好的家庭破碎
and obliterate families.
如果那些短♥信♥被公之于众
If those text messages were to be made public,
它们不会被公开 -我是说如果
They won’t be. -If they were,
不会的 -很多人
They won’t be. -it would be catastrophic
人生就完了 -我是一个律师 我有专业的法律素养
for many people. -I’m a lawyer. I’m legally–
不 -听我说
No. -Listen to me,
法律禁止我泄露客户的任何信息
I am legally prohibited from disclosing anything–
查理 有人将我的上一份证词泄露给了《国民八卦》
Someone leaked my last deposition to the National Enquirer, Charlie.
巴特宝?
Butterball?
他叫巴特曼 我上一任律师
My last lawyer’s name was Butterman
就是在我宣誓证词的时候坐我后面那5个人之一
and he was one of five people in the room besides me.
但是泄露那份证词
But the information in that deposition
和泄露这些短♥信♥
would be nothing compared to the consequences
会造成的轰动
of those text messages–
啊哈 我现在懂了
Ah! I just got it.
根本无法相提并论
showing up everywhere.
我之前想不通为什么你在书里只提到了一部分人的名字
I couldn’t figure out why you named some people but not others.
我想是不是因为其他人给了你封口费
I thought that maybe some people paid you.
你猜错了 但是没关系
You were wrong but it doesn’t matter.
不 你在书里提到的那些名字
No, the only people you named in that book
恰恰是烂手·布拉德·马里恩的证词里
were the ones that were already named
已经提到的名字
in the Bad Brad Marion deposition
所以你就认为 -我知道你想说什么
which you think -I know.
有人已经将那份证词泄露给了 -是卖♥♥给
somebody leaked it -Sold it.
八卦周刊 -是的
to the tabloids, -Yes.
或是给了巴特豆 -是巴特曼 算了
maybe even Butterbean. -Butterman, but…
我不知道是谁
I don’t know who it was.
我看到报导你因为公布了那些赌徒的名字而被詹尼·麦卡锡胖揍
I watched Jenny McCarthy beat you up for naming the players.
你为什么不直接告诉她
Why don’t you just say,
嘿 那些名字早就不是秘密了
“Hey, those names are already public record.”
我也不知道啊
I don’t know.
法♥院♥传票上又没写这事
‘Cause it wasn’t on The View under subpoena.
我们可以回到邮件和短♥信♥的话题了么?
Can we please get back to the e-mails and texts?
你和好莱坞所谓的
Is that why you have creative differences
“意见不合”?
with the Hollywood office?
是不是就是因为你没把他们想要的信息告诉他们
Because they want information you won’t give them?
你凭什么让我信你
I don’t owe you.
如果我在你手上重蹈了巴特曼的覆辙
If what happened last time were to happen this time,
那巴特曼给我的前车之鉴..
it would make what happened last time–
这是干什么?
What is this for?
这手♥机♥里存有我去年所有的短♥信♥和邮件
It’s got every text message and e-mail I sent in the last year
包括很多我客户的
as well as a variety of incriminating evidence
罪证
about my clients.
这样 如果我泄露了你说的哪怕一个字
Now, if anything of yours gets leaked,
你可以把我的手♥机♥高价卖♥♥给媒体
you can sell my phone to the highest bidder
我会丢掉工作 并会被取消律师资格证
and I’ll lose my job and get disbarred.
所以 你是在向我证明你尊重客户信息的私密性
So, in order to demonstrate the sanctity of your attorney/client
神圣不可侵犯
confidentiality,
而你用的方式是泄露给我你其他客户的
you’re betraying the confidentiality
私密信息
of all your other clients.
我相信你不会去看
I know you’re not gonna look at it.
确定?
How do you know?
不确定
I don’t know.
我先飞回科罗拉多
I’ll fly home to Colorado
第二天开车堵回来
and be back the next day with the hard drives.
哈伦·尤斯蒂斯兴奋地说着他给妻子40岁生日准备的惊喜派对
Harlan Eustice was excited about the surprise 40th birthday party
他故意晾了他妻子一整天
he was throwing for his wife in 24 hours.
我悄悄租下了克鲁伯餐馆的整个前厅
Rented out the whole courtyard at the Buffalo Club.
会有一百个人到场
Gonna be about a hundred people.
熊本牡蛎 阿♥拉♥斯加雪蟹 龙虾
Kumamoto oysters, snow crab, lobsters,
哈伦并不是在炫耀自己的菜单
He wasn’t ticking off menu items to show off.
他真的是在为要给妻子这份礼物感到兴奋
He was genuinely excited about the party he was giving his wife.
她什么都不知道
She doesn’t know anything about it.
她还以为我们只是和要她弟弟 弟妹吃顿晚饭
She thinks we’re having dinner with her brother and his wife.
我喜欢哈伦
I liked Harlan.
但是除了我 就只有玩家X喜欢他了
But nobody else like him except Player X.
他玩牌谨慎 不露破绽
He played tight, didn’t give a lot of action
宝贝着自己的每一分钱
and always got his money in good
这就意味着他有很大的赢面
which means he was running the odds.
我跟5000 -不跟
Five thousand to call. -Nope.
换句话说 他是真的来玩牌的
In other words, he was playing poker
其他人只是来享受赌博的刺♥激♥
and the others were gambling.
所以哈伦会赢
And he won.
到了半夜 哈伦已经把他5万美金的本钱翻了3倍
By midnight, Harlan had tripled his original $50,000 buy-in
但是从那一手牌开始 一切都变了
but everything came off the rails with one hand.
事情是这样的
And that’s how it happens.
赌徒们都是这样情绪失控的
That’s how you go full tilt.
哈伦 这桌上最棒的牌手
Harlan, the best player at the table,
玩扑克的顶尖高手
the best player at most tables,
到手的胜利却被诈唬了 诈唬他的人还偏偏是
was about to get bluffed off the win by, of all people,
烂手·布拉德
Bad Brad.
怎么回事呢?
How?
因为哈伦之前从没有跟布拉德玩过
Because Harlan had never played with Brad before
他不知道布拉德玩的很烂
and didn’t know yet that Brad was bad.
哈伦拿到了葫芦 3张9加一对
Harlan’s got a boat, nine’s full.
布拉德什么牌都没
Brad’s got nothing
但是翻牌前布拉德看了一眼手牌
but his pre-flop betting made it look,
完全只是下意识看了下
entirely accidentally,
但这让人觉得他手牌可能是一对K
like there was a chance he had pocket kings,
2万
20 thousand.
如果是那样 他的葫芦就比哈伦要大
which, if true, would give him the better full house.
布拉德数出了2万的筹码表示他想跟注
Brad’s counting off 20 thousand which means he’s gonna call
哈伦知道如果布拉德跟注但是没有加注
and Harlan knows that if Brad’s gonna call and not raise
那意味着布拉德没有葫芦
it means he didn’t have the boat
可能就是拿到了两高对 像对Q和对K
and he’s betting a high two-pair, probably kings and queens.
但布拉德不仅仅跟注了
But then instead of calling the bet,
他全下了 整整7万2千筹码
Brad pushes 72 thousand dollars into the pot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!