茉莉·迪宾·布鲁姆 – 我们今晚就呆在这里
Molly Dubin Bloom -We will stay here all night
是我的名字 – 直到你想明白…
is my name. -until you understand–
直到你明白
until you understand
没人他妈的在乎你的名字好不好
nobody gives a shit about your good name.
我在乎
I do.
为什么?
Why?
因为! -为什么?
Because! -Why?
因为! -告诉我为什么!
Because! -Tell me why!
因为这是我仅剩的东西了
Because it’s all I have left.
因为这是我的名誉
Because it’s my name.
“而我再无其他”
“And I’ll never have another.”
现在你倒是读过《萨勒姆的女巫》了?
Now you read The Crucible?
嗯 他们说的对 是本好书
Yeah, everyone’s right, it’s great.
这书确实不错
It is great.
我打算走进那间法庭
I want to go into the courtroom
然后认罪
and plead guilty.
不谈条件
No deals.
不做交易
No trades.
你真的确定要这么做吗?
And you’re very sure?
是的
Yes.
全体起立
All rise.
法庭开庭了
The business of the court began.
达斯汀·福克斯曼法官高高在上
We stood for the Honorable Judge Dustin Foxman
辩护人的名字登记入案
and counsel entered their names for the record.
助理检察官哈里森·威尔斯通
Assistant U.S. Attorney Harrison Wellstone
案件开始审理
The docket was called
辩护人提前就做好了预计
and some pro forma instructions were given to counsel.
法官拿着他手上的文件里
And I was asked a series of questions from a script
问了我一系列问题 -你的全名是?
the judge had in front of him. -What is your full name?
茉莉·蒂宾·布鲁姆
Molly Dubin Bloom.
你的年龄?
How old are you?
你是否在过去的48小时内摄入了任何毒品及药物
Have you taken any drugs, medicine or pills
或是含酒精类饮料?
or had any alcoholic beverages in the past 48 hours?
盐酸伪麻黄碱
Sudafed.
你所服用的药物
Is there anything about the reasons for you taking Sudafed
是否会影响你今天在法庭上的表现?
that would interfere with what’s going on here today?
在允许我认罪前
87 questions he was required to ask
他一共问了87个问题
before he’d permit me to plead guilty.
你今天是否神志清醒 布鲁姆小姐?
Is your mind clear today, Ms. Bloom?
是的
It is.
你是否清楚今天法庭上发生的事情
Do you understand what’s going on here today?
清楚
I do.
根据美国宪法和法律
Under the Constitution and laws of the United States
你有为针对你的指控辩护的权利
you have a right to plead to the charges in the indictment,
你是否了解上述权利?
do you understand that?
我了解 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
这一点你了解吗? -是的
And do you understand that? -Yes, sir.
在审判中不需要证明
At that trial you would be presumed to be innocent
你会被假定无罪
and would not have to prove that you were innocent,
这一点你了解吗? -是的
do you understand that? -Yes, sir.
是的 法官大人 是的
Yes, Your Honor. Yes, sir.
如果你认罪 我将接受你的请求
If you plead guilty and I accept your plea,
同时你将失去
you will give up your right to appeal
我所列举的其他所有权利
along with all other rights I’ve enumerated,
你是否了解这一点?
do you understand?
是的
Yes, sir.
你是否了解你被指控犯罪
Do you understand that you are charged in count 20
经营违法赌博生意
with operating an illegal gambling business
违反了美国法典第18章
in violation of Title 18 United States
第1955条第2款
Code Sections 1955 and 2?
是的 我了解
Yes, I understand.
所有被告知的事实你都已了解
Understanding everything you’ve been told,
现在你是否希望作出陈辩
do you now wish to enter a plea?
是的
Yes, sir.
你如何回应对你的指控
How do you plead to the charge?
我认罪 法官大人
Guilty, Your Honor.
你的请求已被记录在案
Your plea has been so recorded
你可以先坐下了
and you may take your seat.
在我们进入宣判环节之前
Before we move to the sentencing phase,
我想和辩护人说几句话
I would like a word with counsel, please.
然后一些事情发生了
And then something happened.
对不起 杰菲先生 只要原告辩护人
Pardon me, Mr. Jaffey, just government counsel.
好的
Yes, sir.
发生什么事了?
What’s going on?
他们在干什么?
What are they doing?
只有等了
Wait for it.
什么?
What?
请被告起立接受判决
Would the defendant please rise for sentencing.
根据一切已知的信息
Based on all available information,
本庭显然不同意
this court manifestly disagrees
政♥府♥的宣判建议
with the government’s sentencing recommendation.
这座法庭的位置与华尔街很近
This courthouse is located
吐口痰就能吐到那边去
within spitting distance of Wall Street.
我之所以知道这些
I know this from my personal experience
是因为我吐过
trying to spit at it.
华尔街的男男女♥女♥
The men and women who work there will commit
吃顿午饭的时间犯下的罪行
more serious crimes by lunchtime today
就远比本案被告重得多
than the defendant has committed in this indictment.
我就是不明白
I simply don’t see how either the people
把茉莉·布鲁姆关进大牢
or the cause of justice are served
怎么就实现正义了
by locking Molly Bloom in prison.
他宣判时轻松得好像在从菜单上选午餐一样
It was as casual as if he was ordering lunch off a menu.
布鲁姆女士
Ms. Bloom,
本庭宣判你
this court sentences you
两百小时的社区服务
to two hundred hours of community service,
一年的监管缓刑和药检
one year of supervised probation, drug testing
并处以二十万美金的罚款
and a two hundred thousand dollar fine.
休庭
This case is adjourned.
就这样结束了
And that was that.
我又是哭泣又是和人拥抱
It was crying and hugging,
和我的兄弟们开开玩笑
jokes from my brothers.
说什么没人敢惹布鲁姆家
Tough talk about how no one messes with the Blooms
还有老天显灵之类的话
and level-headed talk about Christmas miracles.
我爸买♥♥单的牛排和啤酒
Steaks and beer bought by my father
还有完完全全的情景重现
and full reenactments.
而身处这一切之中 我和你们一样心存感激
And in the middle of it all, as grateful as you are,
现实却开始像潮水一样蔓延
the reality starts creeping toward you like the tide.
那是第一次这个念头在你脑海中出现…
And that’s the first time you have the thought…
“我现在该干什么?”
“What do I do now?”
我们要把她抬下去
We’re gonna race her down.
我们需要个雪橇或者木板什么的
We need a tobogan or a backboard.
我有罪在身
I’m a felon.
已经35岁了 没有工作
I’m 35 years old, unemployed,
还在一份犯罪诉状上认了罪
and pled guilty in a mob indictment.
大家让一让!
People, make way!
让一下!让一下!
Move away, move away!
在民事罚没税的评估中
I owe the government close to two million dollars
我欠了政♥府♥差不多两百万美元
in taxes assessed on the civil forfeiture
外加二十万的罚款
plus the two hundred thousand dollar fine.
而他们肯定会来要这笔钱
And you better believe they’re gonna come get it.
有通道吗?
Is there a pass?
请不要聚在那儿了
Come on back, please.
我的合法财产有二十五万美元
I have a quarter of a million dollars in legal bills.
我不知道在面试工作时我能说些什么
I don’t know what I’d say in a job interview,
如果我还有机会参加面试的话
or if I’ll ever be given a job interview.
我永久失去了投票权
I’ll never be allowed to vote again.
检查各个重要器官
Gonna need a set of vitals.
而且不知道为什么
And for some reason,
我也被禁止去加拿大
I’m not allowed to go to Canada.
茉莉 你能听到我们说话吗?
Molly, can you hear us?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!