No.

Coffee? No, thank you.
咖啡?
I thought you’ve fired her. Changed my mind.
我以为你已经把她解雇了
Why? That’s me. I haven’t the heart.
为什么?
I can never find anyone else to work as cheap.
再说我也找不到这么便宜的仆人
I must get back. I won’t see you
我必须走了
for six weeks? I’ll return before she sails.
要六个星期?
Goodbye, my dear.
再见 亲爱的
Mme Grosnay. Mme Grosnay.
格思内夫人 格思内夫人
G.

Ah. Gro… Gro… Gro…
啊 格 格 格
Ah, here we are, Mme Grosnay.
啊 在这 格思内夫人
Passy 3211.
帕斯3211
Hello, Passy 3211, please.
你好 请接帕斯3211
Hello, has Mme Grosnay returned to town?
你好 请问格思内夫人回城了没有?
Oh, she has? This is Benedict, the dressmaker.
啊 她回来了
Oh, she’s out now?
啊 她现在不在吗?
When will she return?
那她什么时候回来?
12:30? Thank you. No, there’s no message.
12:30?谢谢
Mme Grosnay. 151 Avenue Victor Hugo.
格思内夫人
Ah, 151… 151…
啊 151 151
Mme Grosnay. Captain Bonheur.
格思内夫人 我是布热尔船长
Who?
谁?
I said I had the honor of meeting you in the south of France.
我说我有幸能在法国南部见过您一面
I’m M. Varnay. You came to look over my house.
我是瓦奈先生
Oh, yes, I remember. Ah, yes.
啊 对 我想起来了
I wanted to send an astrology book but couldn’t find your address.
我想给您送一本星♥相♥学的书
Quite so. Quite so. Quite so.
是啊
I realize I embarrassed you then,
我知道我那时候让您难堪了
but if you’ll only allow me to explain.
但是如果您肯让我解释的话
I don’t think that incident requires any further explanation.
我不认为那件事还需要更多的解释了
Good day, M. Varnay.
再见 瓦奈先生
Good morning. Good morning.
早上好
I want to order three dozen roses, half a dozen orchids,
我想要三打玫瑰 半打兰花
and send them to Mme Grosnay, 151 Avenue Victor Hugo.
请将它们送给格思内夫人
Merci, Monsieur.
谢谢 先生
A card? Yes. Five or six.
还要一张卡?
Oui, Monsieur. As many as you wish.
好的 先生 随便您要送多少次
I want to repeat it twice a week for two weeks.
我希望每周送两次 连续两周
Oui, Monsieur.
好的 先生
How much will that be? Let me see.
要多少钱?
That’ll be five orders altogether.
那一共是5次
2,500 francs, Monsieur.
2 500法郎 先生
Oh, la, la.

Very well. These things have to be done.
很好
Keep the change. Merci, Monsieur.
不用找了
Cordial, Martha? Yes, thanks.
兴♥奋♥剂♥ 玛莎?
Maurice? Oh, thank you, Mona.
莫里斯?
I hope we’ll be seeing you more.
真希望还能再见到你
He must be on the go every minute.
他真是一分钟都闲不下来
One gets caught up
公务缠身啊
in this monoxide world of confusion.
我们都活在这个充满速度和疑惑的世界上
I look forward to these quiet evenings together,
我多么渴望那些一起度过的宁静的夜晚
with your edifying talks on theurgic matters,
能够和你一起谈论法术
the legerdemain of the apothecary.
还有那些药剂师的戏法
You should have been a chemist.
你应该当一个化学家
Chemistry, my fellow, is the material manifestation of the metaphysical.
化学 我的朋友 是对形而上学的物质解释
Ah, you’re a mystic.
啊 你是一个神秘主义者
Do you remember discussing a humane method of killing dumb animals?
你还记得我们讨论过一种用
Very distinctly. A lethal veterinary formula.
很独特
No pain, no convulsions, absolutely tasteless.
没有痛苦 不会抽搐 完全无色无味
The creature drinks it and in an hour,
动物喝下它 在一个小时内
curls up into a comfortable sleep and dies.
就将陷入温暖的睡梦中 就这么死了
What a memory you have.
你的记性不错
You were experimenting with three elements as I remember.
我记得你是通过三种东西配成它的
Exnide, ethna bromide and something else.
砷化物 溴化砷
Yes, it was very interesting, pharmaceutically.
对 那东西很有意思 从药剂学上说
The ethna bromide induces asphyxia,
溴化砷能造成窒息
but in order to delay the erodent action of the exnide,
但是为了降低砷化物的腐蚀性
C2HC was added.
还添加了C2HC
C2HC?
C2HC?
A freezing agent.
一种冷凝剂
When swallowed, tissue changes are gradual.
当被吞下时 生物体的组织会逐渐地变化
In an hour, the action of the exnide takes place.
一小时内 砷化物会起作用
Its effect is like heart disease –
它的效果就像是心脏病发作一样 –
a systolic cramp and poof!
像心绞痛那样就死了
What have you done about it? Nothing.
你用它做过什么没有?
It’s banned.
这是被禁止的
Why? Too dangerous for public use.
为什么?
In the post-mortem, not a trace of the poison can be found.
动物死了以后 一点毒药的痕迹都没有
Can you imagine such a weapon in the hands of an arch criminal?
你能想像这种武器落到
Think of the money from the insurance companies.
想想保险公♥司♥的那些钱
Quite an idea. We’ll incorporate and go into business.
好主意 我们可以合伙开个公♥司♥
Insure people and have them die of heart failure – we’d make millions.
投保那些人然后再让他们死
I’m not sure but I think the poison might show up in a man.
我不能肯定 但是我想这毒药如果用
Why? Different metabolism.
为什么?
We could find out.
我们可以知道答案
How? Simple.
怎么知道?
You say it takes an hour for the poison to work?
你说过要等一个小时毒性才会发作?
Pick a derelict, poison him then send him to a hotel.
那我们就找一个被遗弃的人
When a person is found dead in a public place,
当人们发现一个人死在公共场所时
there’s an autopsy. You’d know the result
就要进行尸检
without taking the slightest risk.
连一点点风险都没有
What a diabolical thought.
多么邪恶的主意啊
However, such experiments, we had better leave to the arch criminal,
当然 这种试验 我们还是留给
don’t you think?
你认为呢?
C2HC.
C2HC
And now for the experiment.
现在开始试验
Quite a shower. Yes, it is.
好大一场雨啊
Can I escort you anywhere? Oh, thank you.
我能护送你去什么地方吗?
Allow me.

You’re from Belgium? I came after the war.
你是从比利时来的?
A refugee?
一个难民?
Where do you live? Hotel Lausanne, off Montmartre.
你住在哪里?
Just a few doors away. Yes.
离这不远
Good. Why don’t you take off your coat?
好 为什么你不脱下你的外衣呢?
Allow me.
请让我来
What’s that? A kitten, poor thing.
那是什么?
I picked it up in the doorway. You like cats?
我从门口捡来的
Not particularly, but it was all wet and cold.
不是最喜欢
I don’t suppose you have any milk.
我不认为你会有牛奶
On the contrary, I do. The prospects are not as gloomy as you think.
恰恰相反 我有 你看 前景并不
Do I sound that pessimistic? You do but I don’t think you are.
听上去我很悲观 是吗?
Why? To be out on a night like this.
为什么?
You’re an optimist.
你应该是一个乐观主义者
An optimist, I’m anything but that. Up against it, eh?
乐观主义者 我最不可能成为乐观主义者
Remarkable faculties of observation.
你有很好的洞察力
Indeed.
是啊
How long have you been in this predicament?
你这样的困境持续了多久?
Oh, quite a long time. How long?
哦 有段时间了
Three months.
三个月
I don’t believe you. Why?
我不信
You would have done better.
你能过得比现在好
Thanks.
谢谢
Now tell me the truth.
现在告诉我真♥相♥
You’re just out of a hospital or a jail. Which is it?
你应该是刚刚出院或者刚刚出狱
What do you want to know for? I want to help.
你到底想要什么?
A philanthropist, eh? Precisely.
你是一个慈善家 是吗?
I ask nothing in return. What is this, the Salvation Army?
我不要任何回报
If that’s the way you feel, you’re at liberty to go your way.
如果这就是你真实的想法

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!