Daddy!
爸爸
Mama! What is it, Peter?
妈妈
Look! Henri!

Many happy returns, Mona. Happy returns?
幸福回来了 莫娜
You haven’t forgotten our wedding anniversary? 10 years ago today.
你没有忘记我们的结婚庆典吧?
Good heavens. Of course.
感谢上帝 当然
I have more sentiment about these things than you have.
我比起你来 对这些事情更有感觉
Henri.
亨利
10 years, wonderful years.
10年 美好的10年
Thank you, my dear.
谢谢你 亲爱的
Did you bring her a present? Peter!
你给她买♥♥了礼物了吗?
Well, women like those things.
好 女人们喜欢这些东西
However, I did bring her a present, and here it is.
但是 我确实给她带了礼物
Henri, this is wonderful.
亨利 这真是太好了
They will never take it from us. What did you get, Mama?
他们永远也别想将它从我们身边拿走
The deed to this house and garden.
我们房♥子和花♥园♥的契约
Peter? Peter?
彼得?彼得?
Here’s Jeannette. Run and get ready for supper.
这是珍妮特
Mama, can’t I dine with you and Daddy?
妈妈 我今天能够跟你和爸爸一起吃饭吗?
Tonight, yes.
今天晚上 行
What a relief to get away from the jungle fight.
摆脱生死攸关的搏斗是一种多么幸福的解脱啊
The jungle fight.
生死攸关的搏斗?
You’re tired, Henri. I suppose I am.
你累了 亨利
Well, two more years at this business and with luck, we can retire.
那好 在这个行当再干两年
If it means losing your health, I’d sooner live in one room again.
如果这意味着会伤害你的健康
That, you will never do again.
这 你永远都不要这么做
We were happy then. Not now?
我们那时候很幸福
Of course, but… But what?
当然是 但是
In the past three years, ever since you left the bank,
在过去的三年里
you’ve been under a terrible strain.
你就处在吓人的压力下
Have I?
我 是吗?
You worry me.
你让我担心
That’s the last thing I wish to do.
这是我最不愿意做的事
It’s your state of mind.
是你的精神状态
What’s wrong with it?
我的精神状态怎么了?
You’re so desperate about everything.
你对什么都很拼命
These are desperate days, my dear – millions starving and unemployed.
现在是拼命的年代 我亲爱的
It’s not easy for a man of my age to make a living.
我这样年龄的人想讨一个
I know it. It’s terrifying.
我知道 真是太恐怖了
However, when the world looks grim and dark…
然而
then I think of another world –
我就会想到另一个世界 –
you and Peter –
你和彼得 –
all that I love on this earth.
这是我在这个世界上全部的爱
There.
那里
May I help?
我可以帮忙吗?
Get the paper and your father’s slippers.
去拿报纸来 还有你父亲的拖鞋
They’re here. I got them before Daddy came home.
它们在这里
Do I smell meat cooking?
我是不是闻到了肉的香味?
Yes. You wanted company for dinner. Of course.
是的 需要有人陪你共进晚餐吗?
Why don’t we eat meat, Daddy?
我们为什么不吃肉 爸爸?
Because we are vegetarians, my son. Are the Bottellos coming?
因为我们是素食主义者 我的孩子
Yes. Good.
是的
Who are the Bottellos? You know the Bottellos.
布特罗斯是谁?
The man who owns the drug store – my good friend.
那个开药店的 – 我的好朋友
Oh, yes.
哦 对
The Turners want you to officiate at Wednesday’s Church Bazaar.
特纳一家希望你能够出席周三的教会集市
Sorry, I’m leaving for Lyons in the morning.
对不起 我明天早上一早就动身去里昂
So soon?
这么快?
Business is business, my dear.
这就是生意 我的亲爱的
Peter, where did you put the paper?
彼得 你把报纸放在哪里了?
You’re sitting on it, Daddy.
你就坐在上面 爸爸
Oh, so I am.
啊 说得对
Give it to me. Rest your eyes. Thank you, my dear.
把它给我吧 让你的眼睛休息一下
Just read the headlines, that’s all.
就读标题吧 那就够了
“Depression Worldwide – Unemployment spreads in all nations.”
“世界性的大萧条 –
Enough. It’s too depressing.
够了 这太令人失望了
Just think, Henri, how fortunate we are. You have a job.
想想 亨利
Yes, I have a job.
对 我有一个工作
If I lose one, I can always find another.
如果我失业了
Peter, don’t pull the cat’s tail.
彼得 不要拉猫的尾巴
You have a cruel streak. Where do you get it?
你怎么这么残忍♥
I’m only playing with him. He likes it.
我只是跟它玩玩 它喜欢这样
He doesn’t. You play too rough.
它不喜欢 你玩得太粗野了
Remember, violence begets violence.
记住 暴♥力♥带来暴♥力♥
The Bottellos.
布特罗斯一家
Peter, take Papa’s shoes to his room.
彼得 将爸爸的鞋子放到他的房♥间去
Ah, Martha, my dear, let me take your things.
啊 玛莎 我亲爱的
And Maurice, delighted to see you, upon my word, to be sure.
还有莫里斯 真高兴见到你
Go inside. Go inside.
里边请 里边请
Thank you. You’re quite a stranger, Henri.
谢谢
Yes.
是啊
Dear Martha. How do you do?
亲爱的玛莎
Maurice. Mona.
莫里斯
How is your cold? I’m over it.
你的感冒怎么样了?
Did you take those pills? Well
你吃过这些药片吗?
No you didn’t, but you should.
不 你没有 但你应该吃
They’re analeptic – to restore strength.
它们可以让你变强壮 恢复你的体质
Maurice, you know how she is about taking medicine.
莫里斯 你知道她是怎么对待吃药的
Dinner is served, Madame.
晚饭准备好了 夫人
I give them to Martha all the time.
我每次都把他们交给玛莎
She’s the guinea pig of the family. Ah, yes.
她是我们家的小豚鼠
Tell me, how’s business? As usual. And yours?
告诉我 你的生意如何?
Very busy these days, very busy.
最近非常地忙 非常非常地忙
Martha, at my left, please.
玛莎 请到我左边来
I hope you’ll be with us a little longer this time.
尽管如此 我希望这次你能陪
No, Maurice, I am leaving by the first train tomorrow morning.
不 莫里斯 我要坐明天早上的第一班火车走
Best one yet. Like ’em rough? I’ll go further.
这是最好的一个
That’s far enough, brother.
这已经够好的了 哥们
That’s a Lulu. I must tell it to the captain when he comes.
这真有意思 等船长来了我必须告诉他
When’s he here? At six on the Lyon Express.
他什么时候来啊?
It’s almost time. We’d better blow.
快到点了 我们最好走
What’s your hurry? Let’s have another drink.
为什么这么着急?
What’s happened to that maid?
那个女仆怎么了?
Annette? Pardon me a moment.
安妮特?对不起失陪一会儿
Are you deaf?? I was shouting. I didn’t hear.
你聋了吗?我在喊你呢
You didn’t want to hear.
你根本就没想听见
Lamb chops? Where’s the fish from lunch?
羊肉块?
I threw it out. There wasn’t much.
我把它倒了 没有多少了
Enough for you – throwing food away in hard times.
对你来说足够了 –
I’m sorry, I can’t eat fish.
对不起 我不能吃鱼
There are plenty who can, so pack up and get out.
外面有很多能够吃鱼的女仆
Lamb chops for dinner. Next it’ll be steak.
用羊肉块当晚饭
Lamb chops and steak! What’s the trouble?
羊肉块和牛排
These servants. They’re a problem.
这些仆人
This one’s gone. Now the captain’s coming home and I haven’t a servant.
这个已经滚蛋了 现在船长回家了
Look, Annabella, we’d better blow.
你看 安娜贝拉 我们最好还是走吧
What’s your hurry? You haven’t told my fortune.
你们着什么急?
Well, we’ll stay till he comes.
那好 我们就呆到他回来
Alright, now cut ’em three times. Yeah.
好 现在切三次牌
How long’s the captain ashore? Just a week, then off another six.
船长在岸上呆多久?
Six weeks? I bet that has its good points.
六周?
I haven’t got to that stage yet.
我还没到那个地步
Look at that girl’s luck. No wonder she won a lottery.
看看这个女孩的运气
Do I win another? I wouldn’t be at all surprised.
我还能再赢一次吗?
Wait a minute.
稍等一会
Ace of spades. That ain’t so lucky.
黑桃A 那可不是很走运啊
If you slipped on a banana peel with a bad back, the fall would help.
听着 在你走运的时候 即使你
The captain!
船长
Louis, my pigeon. Annabella.
路易斯 我的小鸽子
Why are you so late? Sorry.
你为什么晚了两天?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!