是啊,这听起来还挺像你鼻子里的噪音。
Yeah, that kinda sounds like a noise your nose makes.
“埃斯梅。”我意思是…
“Esme.” I mean it’s…
– 如果这是一个男孩呢? – 嗯,当然,小哈利。
– And what if it’s a boy? – Well, Harry Jr., of course.
当一个男孩喜欢你,他会假装他不喜欢吗?
When a boy likes you, does he pretend that he doesn’t like you?
如果他假装不喜欢你,你怎么知道他喜欢你呢?
If he pretends not to like you, how do you tell he likes you?
什么样的男孩喜欢你?
What boy likes you?
这只是一个问题。这不是针对任何人。
It’s just a question. It’s not about anybody.
青春期来了。
Here comes puberty.
维达,我觉得你在说的是害怕被拒绝。
Vada, I think what you’re talking about is the fear of rejection.
你看,男人会避免显得愚蠢的事。
See, men will do anything to avoid looking foolish.
小雪,胡说。我的尖嘴钳在哪里?
Shell, that’s ridiculous. Where are my needlenose pliers?
如果一个男孩想和你做功课…
If a boy wants to do homework with you…
这意味着他还没胆量去约你。
…it means he hasn’t the nerve to ask you on a date.
你们一起做功课,接下来的事情你懂得…
You get your homework together, and the next thing you know…
你们订购比萨,谈论最喜欢的电影明星。
…you’re ordering pizza and talking about your favourite movie stars.
所以,你说…
So, you’re saying…
你在说什么?
What are you saying?
男孩们们不想表现得急于求成。
Guys don’t wanna appear overanxious.
如果有男孩可能喜欢你,让他知道你喜欢他…
If there’s a boy that might like you, let him know that you like him…
……所以他当他想约你,就不会觉得会有风险 。
…so he won’t feel he’s taking such a risk when he’s thinking of asking you out.
可以吗?
Okay?
– 嗨。 – 嗨。
– Hi. – Hi.
想帮我为明天的新房♥挑选壁纸吗?
Wanna help me pick out wallpaper for my new room tomorrow?
– 我不知道,我的意思是… – 如果可以,我能喝这个吗?
– I don’t know, I mean… – Is it okay if I drink this?
没关系。嗨,凯文。
It’s okay with me. Hi, Kevin.
那么,如果这不是维达,那就是蚂蚱女孩。
Well, if it isn’t Vada, the grasshopper girl.
别闹了,凯文。
Stop it, Kevin.
我是在开玩笑。这是一个笑话,好吗?
I was kidding. It’s a joke, okay?
我们只是在做我们的功课。
We were just doing our homework.
接下来的事情你知道,会订购比萨饼…
Next thing you know, you’ll be ordering pizza…
…谈论最喜欢的电影明星。
…and talking about your favourite movie stars.
再见。
See you.
接下来,我想我会坚持问爸爸关于防腐的意见。
In the future, I think I’ll stick to asking Dad for advice on embalming.
我看过一篇文章说…
I read an article that says…
……如果你唱歌♥给宝宝会有镇静的作用。
…if you sing to the baby it’s a calming influence.
确保宝宝是个高端的乐迷。
Assuming the baby’s a Supremes fan.
– 我敢打赌你妈妈也给你唱。 – 如果有个关于这个的文章,她会做的。
– I bet your mum sang to you. – If there was an article about it, she did.
– 她一直在读书。 – 我知道。对家庭好。新的书吗?
– She was always reading. – I know. It runs in the family. New book?
阿尔弗雷德彼得梅耶尔文集。
The Collected Works of Alfred Beidermeyer.
她最喜欢的诗人。
Her favourite poet.
从来没有听说过。
Never heard of him.
对不起。
Excuse me.
– 要杯美味的牛奶吗? – 加点塔克玉米片,这样我就可以蘸着吃了。
– How about a nice glass of milk? – With taco chips so I can dunk.
维达…
You know, Vada…
作为一个姐姐,你会在宝宝的生活中扮演非常重要的角色。
…being an older sister, you’re gonna be very important in this baby’s life.
我知道这里变得很大。
They’re enormous, I know.
里面已经有母乳了吗?
Is there milk in them already?
不,有了小宝宝后才有。
No, the milk comes when the baby comes.
你什么时候…
When did you…
我的意思是…
I mean…
我是很晚才发育的。别人习惯叫我“第二春雪莉”。
I was a very late developer. They used to call me “Shelly-Two-Backs.”
我所有的朋友有真正的文胸,不像我这样只有运动文胸。
All my friends had real bras, not like the training ones I had.
为什么他们称之为训练文胸? 这又不是学骑自行车。
Why do they call them training bras? It’s not like learning to ride a bike.
我知道。
I know.
这只是为你接下来的人生做好准备。
It’s just sort of preparing you for the rest of your life.
作为一个女人,是很不容易的。
It’s not easy being a woman.
你已经告诉我。
You’re telling me.
所有伟大的作家都思考生命和死亡的意义。
All the great writers ponder the meaning of life and death.
最近我一直在思考了很多关于我的母亲的事情…
I’ve been thinking a lot about my mother recently…
…即使我没有关于她的任何记忆。
… even though I don’t have any memories of her.
我希望我能见她一次,即使只有在梦中。
I wish I could see her just once, even if it were only in a dream.
我知道她会帮我搞清楚这些事情的。
I know she’d help me figure things out.
“现在,用您的热泪保佑我,我祈祷
“Bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray
“不要温和地走入那良夜
“Do not go gentle into that good night
“所以,他们怒斥,怒斥光的消逝”
“Rage, rage against the dying of the light”
(Dylan Thomas英国诗人《不要温和地走入那良夜》)
你看得出狄兰·托马斯(Dylan Thomas)在这里说什么吗?
What do you think Dylan Thomas is saying here?
“怒斥光明的消逝”
“Rage against the dying of the light”
因为他们切断他的电,所以他发火了?
He’s mad ’cause they shut off his electricity?
他指的是生命的能量,菲利普斯先生…
He was referring to life energy, Mr. Phillips…
找你的说法,应该不会造成太大的电力短缺。
…which, in your case, wouldn’t cause much of a power shortage.
这首诗是有真正态度的。
The poem is really about attitude.
这是关于永不放弃的。
It’s about not giving up.
我们常常会有累垮的时候,但是…
It’s easy to be overwhelmed sometimes, but…
正是我们应该强迫自己前进的时候。
…that’s when we should force ourselves to push on.
阿尔弗雷德彼得梅耶尔说:
Alfred Beidermeyer said:
“听从内心急切的声音…
“To heed the urgent inner voice…
“拥抱命运,没有选择的余地。”
“…embracing destiny, not choice.”
很不错,维达。
That’s very good, Vada.
好吧,继续。
All right, moving on.
我想给你们个机会去写一些什么。
I want to give you guys a chance to write.
听好了!
Listen up!
我希望你能写个很特别的人。
I want you to write about someone very special.
有趣的人。你佩服的人。
Someone interesting. Someone you admire.
那些值得一写的人。
Someone who’s achieved something worth writing about.
但它必须是一个陌生人。一个你从来没有见过的人。
But it’s gotta be a stranger. Someone you’ve never met.
我想要你们去调查人性的一面。
I want you to investigate the personal side.
《Perry Mason》美国1957年著名刑侦局,这里指调查
当回佩里·梅森,看看有什么可以拿出手的。好吗?
Play Play Perry Mason, see what you can come up with. All right?
有什么想法?
Right,any ideas?
请记住两件事情:有人已经有值得一些的…
Remember two things: Someone who has achieved something…
那个你从来没有见过的人。
…and someone you’ve never met.
– 凯文? – 猫王,王者。
– Kevin? – Elvis, the King.
猫王之王。
Elvis, the King.
– 戴文? – 法拉福塞特。(美国70年代当红女演员)
– Devin? – Farrah Fawcett.
我喜欢看那个女孩跑步的样子。
I love to watch that girl run.
这是为什么呢,里德先生?
Why is that, Mr. Reed?
算了。
Never mind.
维达,你呢?你想到了谁?
Vada, what about you? Who have you come up with?
我的母亲。
My mother.
你妈妈?
Your mother?
我从来没有见过我的母亲。
I never met my mother.
我知道我妈妈最喜欢的颜色是粉红色,她吃花生酱…
I know my mum’s favourite colour was pink and she ate peanut butter…
和香蕉三明治当早餐,但这不是我所说“考证过的事实”。
…and banana sandwiches for breakfast, but that’s not what I would call “hard facts.”
– 我告诉过你南瓜的是吗? – 没
– I told you about the pumpkin, didn’t I? – No.
万圣节我给她买♥♥了的这个巨大的南瓜。
I bought her this huge pumpkin for Halloween.
她不忍♥心在上面雕刻所以把南瓜藏起来了。
She couldn’t bear to carve it so she saved it.
直到圣诞节。
It ended up under the Christmas tree.
然后格拉默说,在平安夜闻到了令人作呕的气味……
Then Gramoo said on Christmas Eve there was this sickening smell…
……渗透到整个房♥子里。 – 不是吧
…permeating the entire house. – No.
当我把它捡起来,它的爆♥炸♥了,液体在同一时间喷出来。
When I picked it up, it sort of exploded and liquefied at the same time.
这不好笑。 它浸透了格拉默东面的地板。
It wasn’t funny. It soaked through Gramoo’s Oriental.
现在地板上仍然有一个大的斑点。
There’s still a big spot on the floor.
好吧。我们需要些墙纸。 嘿,希斯。
Okay. We need wallpaper paste. Hey, Cece.
你还记得其他什么的吗?
Isn’t there anything else you remember?
你觉得怎么样?有浪漫气息吗?
How did you propose? Was it romantic?
我只是脱口而出,就像根汁汽水一样。)
I kinda just blurted it out over a root beer float.
根汁汽水,听起来不错。
Root beer float, that sounds good.
她说,她赢得什么比赛吗? 我的意思是,她一定得过一些奖。
Did she mention any contest that she won? I mean, she must have had some awards.
她是多么有才华。
She was so talented and all.
她是天才。
She was talented.
亲爱的,我也希望能多帮你一点。
Honey, I wish I could help you a little more.
只是我和你妈闪电般的恋爱。
It’s just that your mother and I had kind of a whirlwind courtship.
她和一个旅行的剧组来到小镇。
She came to town with a travelling theatre group.
我们第二次约会时订婚了,两个星期后,我们结婚了。
I proposed on our second date, two weeks later we were married.
近9个月后,你来到世上,但她走了。
Almost nine months later, you were here and she was gone.
– 办了个很好的葬礼吗? – 是的。可爱的葬礼。
– Was it a nice funeral? – Yes. Lovely funeral.
Grenaldi兄弟做把事情办得很漂亮。
Grenaldi Brothers did a beautiful job.
许多粉红色的玫瑰,用的白色的灵车。
Lots of pink roses, and I used the white hearse.
这个鲜花壁纸怎么样?
How about this flowered wallpaper for your room?
这个怎么样?
How about this?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!