你父亲不允许你去打耳洞,是不是?
Your father didn’t give you permission to pierce your ears, did he?
不完全是。
Not exactly.
不要刮你的腿毛。
Well, just don’t shave your legs.
如果我把你全身是洞光秃秃送回去,他再不会让你来看我们,。
He’ll never let you visit us again if I send you home hairless and full of holes.
– 早上好。 – 好吧,也许对你来说是的。
– Good morning. – Well, maybe for you.
– 有什么不对的吗? – 你很幸运……
– Is something wrong? – You’re lucky…
在孩子麻醉状态下和他们相处。
…you deal with kids who are under anaesthesia.
甚至不用麻醉,我总是告诉我的病人……
Well, even without anaesthesia, I always tell my patients to…
…放松。
…relax.
你有没有休息时间什么的?
Isn’t it time for your coffee break or something?
一定有我们可以去谈话的地方。
There must be someplace where we can go, talk.
哦,不,我不能。
Oh, no, I couldn’t.
你不能?
You couldn’t?
嗯,我有点安排。
Well, I’m sort of involved.
– 有点? – 我只是说我有安排。
– Sort of? – Let’s just say I’m involved.
我该从哪里说起呢,有关…
Where I come from, involvement calls for…
…一大件珠宝。
…a substantial piece of jewellery.
哦,我不会戴很多首饰的。
Oh, well, I don’t wear a lot of jewellery.
嗯,所以你不喜欢珠宝,但你喜欢音乐。
Alright, so you don’t like jewellery, but you do like good music.
李斯特。我的最爱之一。
Liszt. One of my favourites.
李斯特是我父母的喜爱。他们是匈牙利人。
Liszt was my parents’ favourite. They were Hungarian.
匈牙利人。他们因为优美的音乐而闻名…
Hungarians. Famous for their beautiful music…
都是美丽的女人。
…their beautiful women.
赫本医生!真是个惊喜。
Doctor Helburn! What a surprise.
在过去的几天中,我们已经换了你的油,重校准刹车…
In the last couple of days, we’ve changed your oil, relined your brakes…
…平衡你的轮胎,前端对准…
…balanced and rotated your tyres, aligned your front-end…
…冲洗整个冷却系统。
…and flushed out your entire cooling system.
我真的没想到会再见到你,就算再走3000英里。
I really didn’t expect to be seeing you for another 3000 miles.
我能说什么,菲尔? 这只是我感到很受欢迎。
Well, what can I say, Phil? It’s just I feel so welcome here.
是的。
And you are.
我为什么不早上来呢?
Why don’t I come in the morning?
可以给我检查左边的闪光灯。
You can check out that left blinker for me.
哦,当然。好吧。
Oh, sure. Okay.
我会再见到你的。我很期待。
I’ll see you then. I look forward to it.
我们真的应该把他的废话一起冲掉。
We really ought to flush out that line of bullshit he’s got.
“匈牙利因为漂亮的女人而著名。”
“Hungarians are famous for their beautiful women.”
小小的奉承有什么错? 有点倾慕有什么错?
What’s wrong with a little flattery? What’s wrong with a little appreciation?
你是说我不喜欢吗?
Are you saying I don’t appreciate?
我认为他要请我喝咖啡,像一个真正的约会。
I’m saying he asked me out for coffee, like a real date.
你上一次约我做了什么?
When was the last time you did that?
你是什么意思? 我们每天晚上有个约会。
What do you mean? We have a date every night.
不,这不是一个约会。 约会是我不去做饭。
No, that’s not a date. A date is when I don’t cook.
我来做饭啊。
I do the dishes.
我可能去找算命先生,但他们只能预测未来。
I’d go to a fortune teller, but they can only predict the future.
我需要可以预测过去的人。
I need someone who can predict the past.
你好。有何贵干?
Hi. Can I help you?
你是和麦琪穆尔德凡一起上学的希拉里米切尔吗?
Are you the Hillary Mitchell who went to school with Maggie Muldovan?
麦琪穆尔德凡?
Maggie Muldovan?
你认识她吗?
Did you know her?
她是她的女儿,维达。
She’s her daughter, Vada.
当然了!
Of course!
看看你。
Look at you.
它的眼睛大多了,头发多了。
It’s the eyes mostly, and the hair, too.
而现在,她走了。
And now she’s gone.
她走了。
She’s gone.
她永远也没有机会看到你出世。
She’ll never get to see how well you’ve turned out.
哦,我的上帝!
Oh, my God!
麦琪!
Maggie!
可怜的孩子。
You poor thing.
没关系,真的。当时我还只是个孩子。
It’s okay, really. I was just a baby.
对不起。只是…
I’m sorry. It’s just…
…我一直在参加些研讨会,触动我的感情……
…I’ve been taking all these seminars to get in touch with my feelings…
有时会失控。
…and sometimes it gets outta hand.
给你。
Here.
谢谢。你真可爱。
Thank you. You’re very sweet.
你是怎么找到我的?
How did you find out where I was?
彼得·韦伯告诉我们的。
Peter Webb told us.
彼得?
Peter?
你看见了彼得?
You saw Peter?
哦,上帝。
Oh, God.
请原谅我。我把气氛搞成这样了。
Forgive me. I’m making such a scene here.
– 为什么不坐下呢? – 谢谢。
– Why don’t you have a seat? – Thanks.
我记得麦琪和你♥爸♥。
I remember Maggie and your dad, too.
你知道,我们挤进他的老’54福特皮卡车里。
You know, we used to all pile into his old ’54 Ford pickup.
我们称之为“查克卡车”(渣车)。
“Chuck the truck” we used to call it.
是涂有黑色的红色真皮内饰。
It was pitch black with red leather interior.
他还在开那车吗?
Does he still drive that?
不,但有时他会开一辆灵车。
No, but sometimes he drives a hearse.
他是一个葬礼承办。
He’s an undertaker.
你在开玩笑吧。
You’re kidding.
杰弗里帕莫洛伊是葬礼承办?
Jeffrey Pommeroy’s an undertaker?
他的名字叫哈利苏尔顿法斯。
His name’s Harry Sultenfuss.
你在说什么?
What are you saying?
你看,我. ..
Look, I…
你是说我的妈妈有另一个丈夫吗?
Are you saying my mum had another husband?
亲爱的,那时候,人们会做出疯狂的事情。
Honey, back then, people did crazy things.
他们确实这样做了!
They sure did!
他们被踢出学校,他们和卡车司机结婚。
They got kicked outta school, they married truck drivers.
这是就我的母亲最伟大的成就?
These are my mother’s greatest accomplishments?
我一路走过来,我真高兴把真♥相♥找出来了。
I’m sure glad I came all the way out here to find them out.
维达,等等!
Vada, wait up!
只是你妈妈结过婚,并不意味着什么。
Just ’cause your mum was married before, doesn’t mean anything.
也许不是。但也许是的。
Maybe not. But maybe it does.
如果没有人告诉我这…
If no one told me about this…
也许他们是欲盖弥彰。
Maybe they’re trying to hide something.
像什么?
Like what?
也许这个叫杰弗里的家伙是我真正的父亲。
Maybe this Jeffrey guy is my real father.
看着我。
Look at me.
我有个死人的头发,还有我的鼻子……
I have the hair of a dead person, and my nose…
我的家人中没人有这样的鼻子。
No one in my family has this nose.
这可能是个陌生人的鼻子。
It could be the nose of a complete stranger.
我来这里找关于我的母亲的事迹,结果我发现…
I came out here to find out about my mother and I found…
天呐。
God.
不要哭了。
Don’t cry.
来吧。
Come on.
那位女士非常奇怪地看着我。
That lady in there looked pretty flaky to me.
问问菲尔吧?也许他知道这一切。
How bout Phil? Maybe he knows something about all this.
至少在你开始前,应该和他谈谈。
At least you should talk to him before you get worked up.
在我开始前?
Before I get worked up?
你不觉得已经了吗?
You don’t think this is worked up?
你说的那件事有关你鼻子的事?
That thing you said about your nose?
这是个陌生人的鼻子吗?
That it was a stranger’s nose?
事实并非如此。这是…
It’s not. It’s…
我的意思是…
I mean…
这是你自己的鼻子。
It’s yours.
尼克?
Nick?
什么?
Yeah?
真是个令人困惑的日子。
This has been a real confusing day.
爸爸怎么让我来这里找出这样的真♥相♥?
How could Dad let me visit here and find out like this?
我要打电♥话♥给他,让他把一切都告诉我。
I’m gonna call him and make him tell me everything.
亲爱的,我 ..
Sweetie, I…
不要担心,我会用我自己的方式来说。
Don’t worry, I’ll do it in my own subtle way.
您好,苏尔顿法斯殡仪馆。
Hello, Sultenfuss Parlour.
– 嗨,爸爸。 – 嗨,亲爱的!
– Hi, Dad. – Hi, honey!
我打电♥话♥来告诉你,我度过了一个真正快乐的时光。
I just called to say that I’m having a really great time.
好。你应该去看看他们的卡森。
Good. You should go over and watch them tape Carson.
其实,我想看看杰弗里帕莫洛伊。
Actually, I wanna see Jeffrey Pommeroy.
他是某种新的摇滚明星还是什么?
Is he some kind of a new rock star or something?
是啊。
Yeah.
完全没问题,对吧?
Totally groovy, huh?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!