– 为什么? – 买♥♥小自行车的基金。
– What’s it for? – For the mini-bike fund.
我知道你不是很喜欢明天带着维达到处跑……
I know you’re not crazy about taking Vada around tomorrow…
…所以我只是想让你知道,我会很感激你帮我的。
…so I just want you to know I appreciate it though.
– 没问题。 – 你是个好人,尼古拉斯。
– No problem. – You’re a good man, Nicholas.
菲尔,我认为你应该考虑…
Phil, I think you should consider…
我想妈妈去了在洛杉矶的学校。
I thought my mum went to school in LA.
我们去靠近大峡谷的地方。
We’ve gotta be closing in on the Grand Canyon.
我敢肯定大峡谷之旅…
I’m sure for a trip to the Grand Canyon…
一定花掉你你取不只是10美元。
…you’d charge a little more than $10.
你知道吗,偷听是个很不好的习惯。
You know, eavesdropping is a very unattractive habit.
我没偷听。我无意中听到的。
I wasn’t eavesdropping. I was overhearing.
我没有问他要钱。菲尔给我的。
I didn’t ask for the money. Phil just gave it to me.
你看,我知道你关心的是您宝贵的迷你自行车。
Look, I know that all you care about is your precious mini-bike.
很明显,你没有任何历史头脑。我们到了。
It’s obvious you have no sense of historical perspective. I think we’re here.
下车!
Getting off, please!
对不起。抱歉。谢谢。对不起。
Excuse me. Pardon. Thank you. Excuse me.
学校在哪里?
Where’s the school?
“由于毁灭性的火灾,1963年6月17日,威尔逊高中被关闭。“
“Due to a devastating fire, June 17, 1963, Wilson High School was closed.”
简直不敢相信!
I can’t believe it!
我母亲的高中被烧毁了。
My mother’s high school burned down.
他们显然也没有任何历史头脑。
They obviously have no sense of historical perspective either.
这不好笑。 我的意思是,该怎么办?
It’s not funny. I mean, what am I gonna do?
没有年鉴,没线索了。
Without that yearbook, I’m lost.
我不能就这样四处寻找穿着威尔逊高中毛衣的人。
I can’t just walk around looking for someone with a Wilson High sweater.
– 维达。 – 什么?
– Vada. – What?
冷静下来。
Calm down.
我们只需要问自己,年鉴怎么来的。
We just have to ask ourselves where yearbooks come from.
我的意思是,他们不会凭空出现。
I mean, they don’t appear out of thin air.
当心这些机器。
Watch these machines, now.
– 你人真不错。 – 没问题。我也有母亲啊。
– This is really very nice of you. – No problem. I had a mother once myself.
如果都在这里,应该在后面两行。
If it’s in here at all, it’s in the back two rows.
– 好了,非常感谢你。 – 狩猎快乐。
– Okay, thank you very much. – Happy hunting.
我不是故意你警告你,但我在这种高度要出鼻血了。
I don’t mean to alarm you, but I’m getting a nosebleed from the altitude.
只要记住我们在大海捞针。
Just remember the needle in the haystack.
我从来都没理解这个故事。最后他们找到针没有?
I never did understand that story. Did they find the needle or not?
– 有什么区别呢? – 很大区别。
– What difference does it make? – A big difference.
如果他们发现的话,我们应该继续找。 如果没有,我们就是在浪费时间。
If they found it, we should keep looking. If not, we’re wasting our time.
哦,我的天哪!在这里。
Oh, my gosh! Here it is.
你看,她就在这儿。 “玛格莉特安穆尔德凡。
Look, here she is. “Margaret Ann Muldovan.
“报纸,文学杂♥志♥,法国俱乐部,戏剧俱乐部…
“Newspaper, Literary Magazine, French Club, Drama Club…
“合唱团,女子篮球,游泳队。
“…Glee Club, Girls Basketball and Swim Team.
“麦琪有漂亮的外观和才华,我们一定会看到她的名字在灯光下闪耀。“
“With Maggie’s combo of good looks and talent, we’ll surely see her name in lights.”
她要出名了。
She was gonna be famous.
年鉴总是让你失望。
Yearbooks always set you up for disappointment.
我想会说我:
I want mine to say:
“尼克可能不会很出彩…
“Nick probably won’t amount to much…
“…所以如果你从来没有再听到关于他的任何事情,不要感到惊讶。“
“…so don’t be surprised if you never hear anything about him again.”
我们能走了吗?
Can we go?
闻起来像有人把他们的运动背包放在在这里。
It smells like someone left their gym bag in here.
是动物皮装订的。 我爱古董书籍的芬芳。
It’s the leather bindings. I love the fragrance of vintage books.
我爱chilidogs的芬芳。
I love the fragrance of chilidogs.
他和我妈妈一起写过学校论文。
He was on the school paper with my mum.
很好,一整页的田中, 15个“D”开头
Great. A full page of Tanakas, 15 with the initial “D.”
这会很艰难的。
This is gonna be tough.
不要忘了,如果女孩们结婚,就改名字了 。
Don’t forget, the girls changed their names if they got married.
我永远也不会怎么做。
I’ll never do that.
– 结婚吗? – 改我的名字。
– Get married? – Change my name.
您觉得男人应该改自己的名字吗?
You think the guy should change his name?
我认为任何人都不应该改名字。
I don’t think anybody should change their name.
这样当你需要他们,你总能找到他们。
That way you can always find them when you need them.
如果你不想被发现呢,该怎么办?
What if you don’t wanna be found?
为什么我说什么你都要跟我争论?
Why do you argue with everything I say?
– 嗨。 – 我可以帮你吗?
– Hi. – Can I help you?
是否有叫达里尔田中的人在这里工作?
Does someone named Daryl Tanaka work here?
嘿,田中!你有访客!
Hey, Tanaka! You got company!
你的妈妈的事真是太糟糕了,至少她走得安详。
It’s too bad about your mum, but at least she went peacefully.
我已经看了很多人痛苦死去。
I’ve seen a lot of people go out the hard way.
你还记得她吗?
What do you remember about her?
好了,我们一起写学校论文。
Well, we worked on the school paper together.
我记得,当组织声称《无因的反叛》不合适。(美国1955年电影)
I remember when the Legion of Decency declared Rebel Without a Cause unfit.
男孩,吉姆·巴克斯!好演员,对吧? 是一名好演员!
Boy, that Jim Backus! What an actor, huh? What an actor!
她写了篇关于审查制度和第一修正案的文章。
She wrote this article about censorship and the First Amendment.
她确实有才华。
She was really something.
毕业吗?一些国会议员 “参议员麦卡锡…
Graduation? Some big-deal congressman saying Senator McCarthy…
美国最伟大的参议员。
…was the greatest American ever.
麦琪起身在500人面前,走了出去。
Maggie gets up in front of 500 people, walks out.
几个人跟在她后面。
Couple of people followed her, too.
相当有胆量。
Took a lot of guts.
哇,你也走和我的母亲一起出去了?
Wow, you walked out with my mother?
你在开玩笑吗?我的父母可能已经向我开枪了。
Are you kidding? My parents would’ve shot me.
我是年轻共和党的主席。
I was the president of the Young Republicans.
日裔,第二代。大厅班长。
Nisei, second generation. Hall monitor.
我不想发动第三次世界大战。
I didn’t wanna start World War III.
你挽救了很多生命。 你应该感到非常自豪。
You saved a lot of lives. You should be very proud.
我试图找出她最大的成就。
I’m trying to find out her greatest achievement.
她曾经因为吸烟被停学。
She was the first girl ever suspended for smoking.
停学?我母亲?
Suspended from school? My mother?
当麦琪被带出去时,每个人都很惊讶
Everyone was really surprised when Maggie was turned in.
她辍学两个星期。
She got kicked out for two weeks.
是什么样刻薄的怪胎把她赶走呢?
What kinda sleazoid geek would turn her in?
如果是现在我还会做的!
I would do it again!
你出♥卖♥♥♥了我的母亲吗?
You ratted on my mother?
你是谁啊,希♥特♥勒♥大厅管♥理♥员♥?
Who are you, Hitler’s hall monitor?
也许你应该加入一个嬉皮公社。
Maybe you should join a hippie commune.
让我告诉你一件事。
Let me tell you something.
迟早会轮到你把那些垃圾拎出去。
Sooner or later, it’s gonna be your turn to take out the garbage.
给其他人些放松的机会怎么样?
What about giving the other guy a break?
就不能活得现实点,朋友?
What about living in the real world, pal?
田中。有时间吗?
Tanaka. Got a minute?
我会来的。
I’ll be right there.
我会更加小心地交朋友的。
I’d be a little more careful of who I hung around with.
来根烟吗?
Care for a smoke?
我的报告会很糟的。“我的母亲吸烟被劝退。”
This’ll be great in my report. “My mother was suspended for smoking.”
– 我觉得这很酷。 – 你觉得。
– I think it’s cool. – You would.
你宁愿有个是警♥察♥国家一员的母亲吗?
You’d rather have a mother that’s a member of the police state?
规则是用来被打破的。
Rules are made to be broken.
– 我想是没有问题的… – 问他。
– I want there to be no question… – Just ask him.
…总统在这个问题上没有什么可隐瞒。
… that the President has nothing to hide in this matter.
– 你好。 – 嗨。
– Hello. – Hi.
我可以为你做什么?
What can I do for you?
我住在Ch鈚eau…
I’m staying at the Ch鈚eau and the guy…
那里开修车厂的几个人说,你这有镇上最好的捷豹修理员。
…who runs the garage there said that you’re the best Jag people in town.
恩里克很出色,我们是最好的。
Well, Enrique is great, and we are the best.
– 好吧,那我来对地方了。 – 我猜是的。
– Well, then I have come to the right place. – I guess you have.
我是山姆赫本。山姆。
I’m Sam Helburn. Sam.
罗丝。
Rose.
– 有什么问题? – 没有。什么都没有。
– So, what’s wrong? – Nothing. Nothing at all.
我的意思是,你的车?
I mean, with your car?
哦。更换机油。
Oh. Oil change.
我刚刚从芝加哥开车…
I just drove in from Chicago and…
头发不错。
Nice hair.
什么?
Excuse me?
我在评价你的头发。
I was commenting on your hair.
哦,你是理发师吗?
Oh, are you a hairdresser?
我是一名儿科心脏病专家。
I’m a paediatric cardiologist.
意思是你修复小宝宝的心脏?
You mean you fix the hearts of little babies?
大部分的小宝宝,但不是全部。
Mostly little babies, but not exclusively.
这一切都在掌握。你知道,你的手不错。
It’s all in the hands. You know, you have nice hands.
– 操作? – 是的。
– You operate? – Yes, I do.
所以,我想我会一直教书的,你知道,因为…
So, I guess I’ll always teach, you know, because…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!