小时候 妈妈说
When I was a kid, my mother told me that
我是天上的一片蓝天
I was a little piece of blue sky.
因为她和爸爸太爱我 所以才落到世上
That came into this world because she and dad loved me so much.
后来我发现事实并非如此
It was only later that I realized that it wasn’t exactly true.
大部分人的出生只是意外
Most babies are coincidences.
那些飘忽在世间的游魂
I mean, up in space you got all these souls flying around
寻找一个寄托的皮囊
…looking for bodies to live in.
然后 地球上的一对男女做♥爱♥
Then, down here on earth, two people have sex or whatever
瞬间…意外就此产生
…and bang, coincidence.
人们常言如何计划
You hear all these stories about how
组建幸福家庭
Everyone plans these perfect families…
但其实 大家都出生在…
But the truth is that most babies…
某个醉醺醺没有避孕的夜晚
Are products of drunken evenings and lack of birth control.
一切都是意外
They’re accidents.
患不孕症的家庭才有意计划怀孕
Only people who have trouble making babies actually plan for them.
而我 就是计划内的一部分
I, on the other hand, am not a coincidence.
我是试管婴儿
I was engineered.
为特定的目的出生
Born for a particular reason.
科学家取出妈妈的卵子
A scientist hooked up my mother’s eggs and my father’s sperm
和爸爸带有某些基因的精♥子♥结合
To make a specific combination of genes.
我出生是为了救姐姐的命
He did it to save my sister’s life.
有时我不禁想 如果凯特很健康
Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if Kate had been healthy.
我也许还在天堂某处晃荡
I’d probably still be up in heaven or wherever
等待一个可寄托的皮囊
Waiting to be attached to a body down here on earth.
不论是否意外…
But coincidence or not…
我都已诞生
…I’m here.
有东西要卖♥♥吗
What can I do for you?
14K金项链 九♥成♥新
Fourteen karat gold, hardly ever worn.
这是我姐姐 凯特
That’s my sister, Kate.
她快死了
She’s dying.
蒙大拿省? 我看不懂
Montana? I don’t get it.
这有意义吗
It looks like a whole bunch of nothing.
就是毫无意义啊
It is a whole bunch of nothing.
-只表现你和天空 -你怎么喜欢这些
– Just you and the big old sky. – Why do you like it?
不知道 我喜欢大的事物 辽阔的空间
I don’t know. I like big things. I like wide-open spaces.
再说 我还没去过那里
Besides, it’s the only place I’ve ever been.
妈妈和凯莉阿姨正准备晚餐
That’s Mom and aunt Kelly making dinner.
凯特病了之后 我们家就变了
Since my sister got sick, things have changed.
凯莉阿姨只接兼♥职♥
Aunt Kelly only works part-time
妈妈辞去了律师的工作
And Mom quit her job as a lawyer.
她的人生只围绕一件事 让凯特活着
Her life now revolves around keeping Kate alive.
做饭和打扫都是用蒸的
Cooking and cleaning.
有机天然 还杀菌
Everything steamed, organic and germ-free.
-慢走 -再见
– Have a good night. – Bye.
也许你觉得我们家不正常
I guess you could say that we’re a little dysfunctional.
但我们相亲相爱 为家庭付出
But everybody loves each other, and we do the best we can.
-那个不是词 -你又不懂语言
– That’s not a word. – What about that language?
-衣服真好看 小女人 -不错吧
– Nice shirt, Sissy. – Good, right?
-妈妈 想看我们表演吗 -什么表演
– Mom, you wanna see our routine? – What routine?
-来吧 安娜 表演开始 -亲爱的 你为何叹气
– Come on, Anna, let’s do it. – Baby, what’s your sign?
-癌症 -你是巨蟹座的?(英语癌症与巨蟹座相同)
– Cancer. – You’re a cancer?
不 我是狮子座的 我得癌症了
No, I’m a leo– but I have cancer.
-一点儿都不好笑 -很好笑啊
– It’s not even funny. – Yes, it is.
-爸爸说得对 -台词很巧妙
– I agree with Dad. – It was pretty clever.
不好玩 一点儿都不好玩
It’s not funny. It’s not.
好了好了 看你生的孩子
Nice. Nice. These your kids?
对 我生的 问题是:你没份吗
Yes, they are. Question is, are they yours?
说没你信吗 宝贝 你的项链呢
You believe that? Hey, sweetie, where’s your locket?
今天不想戴
Oh, I didn’t feel like wearing it today.
-吃饭 凯特 -我在吃呢
– Eat, Kate. – I’m eating.
-不好吃吗 -很好吃啊
– Is it not good? – It’s really good, Mom.
我也觉得好吃
It’s good to me.
冰箱里还有麦豆
I have lentils in the fridge if you want some.
不用了 妈妈
I’m fine, Mom.
你不饿吗
You’re not hungry?
她想喘口气吧
I bet she needs to breathe a little bit.
该喘口气的是你
Maybe you should try to breathe a bit.
我会慢慢喘的待会儿
Maybe I will a bit later.
恶心
Gross.
-你去哪儿 -厕所 你要一起吗
– Where are you going? – Bathroom, wanna come?
你待会儿要来我这儿喘口气吗
Will you breathe on me later?
虽然家有长年生病的孩子
Having a child who is sick is a full-time occupation.
我们仍能享受平凡的天伦之乐
We still enjoy the usual day-to-day happinesses of family life.
大房♥子 乖孩子 漂亮老婆
Big house, great kids, beautiful wife.
但平和的表象下 潜藏着裂痕
But beneath the exterior, there are cracks…
怨恨等负面情绪
…resentments…alliances
动摇着我们生活的基本
That threaten the very foundation of our lives
我们的世界随时会崩塌
As at any moment our whole world could come tumbling down.
不知道几点开始 大概11点吧
I don’t know when it started, but probably around 11
-怎么了 -你姐姐病了
– Hey, what’s going on? – Your sister’s sick.
发了一整晚的烧
She’s been up all night with a fever.
凯特?
Kate?
凯特?
Kate?
准备好了吗 走吧
You ready? Come on, let’s go.
你真的要这么做?
Are you sure you want to do this?
你很笨 知道吧
You know you’re nuts, right?
-我马上回来 -好 我等你
– I’ll be right back. – All right, I’ll be waiting.
第一次见安娜·菲茨杰拉德走进办公室
When Anna Fitzgerald first stepped into my office…
我还以为是童子军来卖♥♥曲奇
I thought she was selling girl scout cookies.
谢谢
Thank you.
-我的天哪 是你 -没错 就是我
– Oh, my gosh, it’s really you. – It really is.
我叫坎贝尔·亚历山大
I’m Campbell Alexander.
-成功率达90% -91%
– I have a 90 percent success rate. – 91
我能为你效劳吗
What can I do for you?
你看过我的广♥告♥
You’ve seen my commercials.
全都看过 所以我才来这儿
All of them. I mean, that’s why I’m here.
嘉杰是条服务犬 不要碰它
Please don’t touch. Judge is a service dog.
-服务什么 -我带着人工呼吸器
– What service? – I have an iron lung…
嘉杰帮我避开磁体
And Judge helps me steer clear of magnets.
请坐
Please, sit down.
-你的名字? -安娜·菲茨杰拉德
– What is your name? – Anna Fitzgerald.
我能为你效劳吗 安娜
What can I do for you, Anna?
广♥告♥真酷
That is so cool.
我要控告父母 诉求人身权利
I want to sue my parents for the rights to my own body.
请你再说一遍
Would you repeat that, please?
我要控告父母 诉求人身权利
I want to sue my parents for the rights to my own body.
我姐姐有白血病
My sister has leukemia.
父母要求我捐献身体器官
They’re trying to force me to give her my body parts.
你要捐肾给她吗
You’re supposed to give her a kidney?
她患肾衰竭几个月了
She’s been in renal failure for months now.
你不想捐的话没人能逼你
No one can force you to donate if you don’t want to, can they?
我父母认为可以
They think they can.
我还未成年 父母是我的法定监护人
I’m under 18, they’re my legal guardians.
他们无权这样做
They can’t do that.
我正要请你告诉他们
That’s what I want you to tell them…
我的一生都被他们控制
They’ve been doing it to me my whole life.
如果凯特没病 我连生存权都没有
I wouldn’t even be alive if Kate wasn’t sick.
我是试管婴儿
I’m a designer baby.
父母养我当后备移植库
I was made in a dish to be spare parts for Kate.
你开玩笑吧
You’re kidding, right?
这孩子没说谎
The kid wasn’t lying.
自出生起 医生就开始移植了
The doctors started taking things from her the moment she was born.
脐带血 白细胞
Cord blood as an infant, white-cell transfusions…
骨髓 淋巴细胞
…bone marrow, lymphocytes…
注射增加干细胞 然后取出
Injections to add more stem cells, and then they took them too.
但这还远远不够
But it was never enough.
你清楚不捐肾给姐姐的后果吗
You do know what will happen if you don’t give your sister your kidney,
我知道 她会死
Yeah, she’ll die.
我这里有700多元
So there’s a little over $700 here.
虽然不够 但我只有这么多 我需要你的帮助
And I know that’s not enough, but it’s all I have and I need your help.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!