…and how losing my kidney would affect the quality of my life.
他们都说他们没有过错
They all said that nothing was their fault,
这是个复杂的问题
And it was a very complex problem.
当他们接受提问时
When put to the test…
几乎所有人都同意我应该给凯特捐肾
Most everyone thought that I should give Kate my kidney.
但他们也说 我太小没法完全理解整件事
But they also said that I was too young to understand the situation fully.
但是谁也没说我多大才能明白
And none of them could say at what age I would be able to understand.
总之 他们和我一样 很困惑
All in all, they were like me, pretty confused.
你能哪怕只告诉我一个
But can you tell us one single benefit…
在这过程中安娜得到的好处
…that Anna has received from any of these procedures?
是的
Yes.
她会救她姐姐一命
She got to save her sister’s life.
法庭传唤布莱恩·菲茨杰拉德
The court calls Brian Fitzgerald.
喂?
Hello?
是我
Hey, it’s me.
怎么样了
What’s going on?
我不知道我还能不能继续下去了 姐姐
I don’t know if l can do this anymore, sissy.
会没事的
It’s gonna be okay.
听见了吗 我保证
Do you hear me? I promise.
你和谁说话呢 喂?
Who you talking to? Hello?
喂?
Hello?
菲茨杰拉德夫人 安娜从多大就开始给姐姐捐献了
Mrs. Fitzgerald, how old was Anna when she started donating to her sister?
从新生儿时开始
She was a newborn.
5岁时 她开始捐献淋巴细胞 对吗
And at 5, she started donating lymphocytes, is that correct?
-都包括哪些过程 -采血
– What does that involve? – Giving blood.
-她同意了吗 -不 她才5岁
– Did anna agree to that? – No, she was 5.
你没问她是否介意在胳膊上扎针
So you didn’t ask her if they could stick the needles in her arm?
我请求她帮助姐姐 她同意了
I asked her to help her sister, and she agreed.
真的吗
Really?
是否因为她反抗得厉害要两个护士按住安娜
Didn’t two nurses have to hold Anna down because she was fighting so hard?
那她也不是完全同意 是不是
So she didn’t completely agree, now, did she?
亚历山大先生 都是自己人 就不要卖♥♥弄了
Mr. Alexander, it’s just us chickens. No showboating, please.
对不起 阁下 习惯了
I’m sorry, your honor. Force of habit.
菲茨杰拉德夫人 安娜第二次住院是什么时候
Mrs. Fitzgerald, how old was Anna the next time she was hospitalized?
-是凯特9岁时 她得了… -我问的不是这个
– When Kate was 9, she got a… – That’s not what I asked.
我想知道安娜6岁时发生了什么
I want to find out what happened to Anna when she was 6.
-她捐献了粒性白细胞 -意味着什么 更多针眼?
– She donated granulocytes. – And what’s that? More needles?
是的
Yup.
那你问过安娜愿不愿意捐粒性白细胞呢
And did you ask Anna if she was willing to donate the granulocytes?
她姐姐需要她 她是唯一配型成功的人
Her sister needed them. She was the only match.
你问她了吗
But did you ask her?
菲茨杰拉德夫人 请回答问题
Mrs. Fitzgerald, answer the question, please.
不 没有
No, I didn’t.
我们谈了很多 但是我没有得到她的同意
We talked about it a lot, but no, I didn’t ask her permission.
下一个就是骨髓抽取
Next was the bone-marrow aspiration.
你能为我们描述一下那个过程吗
Could you describe that procedure for us?
他们把针放在安娜的臀部
They put needles into Anna’s hips.
-扎到骨头里? 大针头吗 -是的
– Into the bone? Big needles? – Yes.
用手比一下
Using your hands,
针头有多大
Would you indicate to the court the size of those needles?
那是很痛苦的过程 对吧 那之后安娜需要住院
It’s a tough procedure, am I right? Anna had to be hospitalized afterward.
-是的 -多长时间
– Yes. – For how long?
6天 出现了并发症
Six days. There were some complications.
我明白了
I see.
这么多加起来 你还认为是无害的吗
You add it all up, it’s not so innocuous, is it?
听起来都难受
It’s tough to hear it all hashed out that way.
你要说什么 法庭很了解他们的家庭医疗史
I don’t see the point. Court’s well aware of the family’s medical history.
是凯特的 阁下 不是安娜的
Of Kate’s history, your honor, but not of Anna’s.
有道理 继续吧
Fair enough. Proceed.
菲茨杰拉德夫人 回想一下 只从安娜的健康这个角度
Mrs. Fitzgerald, looking back and only taking into account Anna’s well-being…
你觉得你是不是
Do you think it’s reasonable to
做得有点过分了
Conclude that you might have taken this too far?
只从安娜的角度上看
Looking at only Anna’s situation…
是的 确实是
…yes, it is.
但我要考虑到整个家庭
But I have to think about my entire family.
-凯特优先考虑? -凯特生病了
– But Kate comes first? – Kate’s sick.
所以你用的是排除法
So this is a triage situation.
牺牲一个孩子的健康来成全另一个 是不是
Compromising one child’s health on behalf of the other. Where’s the line?
-对凯特来说这个生死攸关 -不说凯特 说安娜
– For Kate, it’s life or death. – Not for Kate, for Anna.
-所以她才来这儿 -你偏题了
– She’s why we’re here. – That’s a trick question.
因为安娜并不是这个问题中的唯一一个人
Because Anna isn’t the only person in this equation.
要是只从安娜的角度考虑 是的
And if we were looking at it only from Anna’s situation, sure,
是很残酷
It is brutal.
谁愿意被针戳来戳去的
I mean, who wants to be stuck and poked and prodded by needles?
你可以看着我说
And you can look at me and you can say
你怎么能这么对待自己的孩子 太可怕了
How awful I am for doing that to my child.
知道吗 是很可怕
You know what? It is awful.
但是不如给自己的孩子下葬更可怕
But it’s not as awful as putting your child in the ground.
-你是为家庭考虑的 -这是我的责任
– You stand up for your family. – It’s my job.
-你为凯特考虑 -是的
– And you stand up for Kate. – I do.
谁为安娜考虑
Who stands up for Anna?
没有问题了 阁下
Nothing further, your honor.
亚历山大先生 你的狗不用上厕所吗
Mr. Alexander, does your dog have to go to the bathroom?
不 阁下 但是我需要休庭
No, your honor, but I may need a recess.
那不可能 今天就要结束这个案子
I’m afraid that’s out of the question. I wanna finish today.
请下一位证人
Next witness, please.
法庭传唤安娜·菲茨杰拉德
The court calls Anna Fitzgerald.
你要是不能控制你的狗就把它弄出去
I mean it. If you can’t control your animal, I’ll have him removed.
-嘉杰 安静点(嘉杰音同法官) -什么
– Quiet, Judge. – Excuse me?
不 不 我和狗说话呢 它叫嘉杰
No, no, I was speaking to the dog. The dog’s name is Judge.
我不管它叫什么 让它安静下来
I don’t care what his name is, I want him quiet.
举起你的手
Raise your hand.
发誓你说的都是真话 知无不言言无不尽吗
Do you swear to tell the truth, whole truth, nothing but the truth?
-是的 -说出你的名字以供记录
– Yup. – Please state your name for the record.
安娜·菲茨杰拉德
Anna Fitzgerald.
-妈妈 -宝贝
– Hey, Mom. – Hi, sweetheart.
你能告诉我们你为什么来这儿吗 来干什么
You wanna tell us why we’re here? Why you’re doing this?
为了医疗自♥由♥
For medical emancipation.
我不是问那个
That’s not what I mean.
你爱你的姐姐 对吗
You love your sister, right?
你知道她病入膏肓了 为何还不帮她
You know she’s sick. Why won’t you help her?
你在里面干吗
What are you doing in there?
凯特 快开门 让我进去
Come on, Kate, just let me in!
发生什么事了 一股酒味
What’s going on? It smells like booze in here.
-在举♥行♥一场小派对 -派对?
– Having a little party. – A party?
对 死前欢送派对
Yeah, a going-away party.
再见 妈妈 再见 该死的医院
See you, Mom! Goodbye, fucking hospital!
妈的
Damn!
你在干吗
What are you doing?
我要去见泰勒
I’m going to see Taylor.
什么 不 不
What? No! No!

No!
你来这儿是为了医疗自♥由♥?
So you’re here for medical emancipation?

Right.
是的
Yes.
就这样吗
Is that it?
-那是唯一的原因吗 -是唯一的原因
– Is that the only reason? – That’s the only reason.
你确定?
Are you sure?
请等等 菲茨杰拉德先生 你有话要说吗
Hold, please. Mr. Fitzgerald, is there something you wanted to say?
不知道 有吗
I don’t know, is there?
好了 最后一次警告
Okay. All right, that is the last time.
如果你不能让他安静的话 我要让法警带他出去
If you do not control him, I’m going to have the bailiff remove him.
我说真的
I mean it.
-阁下 -别说了 律师
– Your honor – Not another word, counselor.
请继续
Proceed, please.
-我只想要对自己的身体负责 -不 你不想
– I just want to be in charge of my own body. – No, you don’t.
坐下
Down.
-要我来处理吗 -不用 别管它
– You want me to do something about this? – No, leave it.
蛮有趣的
It’s kind of interesting.
所以你想要对自己的身体负责
Okay, so you want to be in charge.
对 那是我的身体 我想要自己做决定…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!